Wake Up

Wake Up

Jimin hates thunderstorms, he likes rain, but when it comes to all the thunder and lightning he can’t cope, he’s been that way since he was a kid, it was embarrassing and silly, he knew that, but it didn’t make it any less terrifying to him. All of the other members knew about his fear but most of them paid no mind to it, they just assumed he wanted to get over it himself, there was only one person that actually felt like he needed to help, Yoongi. Ever since they met Yoongi has felt responsible for Jimin so when he would get scared he would let Jimin sleep in the same room as him, it quickly evolved from that though, and soon they were cuddling in bed every time a thunderstorm happened, it was weird for Yoongi at first but he’s grown to love it.



 

Some nights were easy, if the thunder was quiet Jimin could just put his headphones in and fall asleep, this particular night however was not good for him, there was no actual rain just loud booming thunder and these flashes of lightning that made him scream into his pillow every time they appeared. Now usually this would be Jimin’s perfect opportunity to cuddle his hyung, but he couldn’t just leave his and Taehyung’s room and go into Yoongi’s,he’d get mad if Jimin woke him up, especially at two in the morning. Jimin squealed as a particularly loud boom rang out from the sky, all the thoughts about Yoongi being mad at him were gone as his feet flew off the bed and he ran down the hall to the older’s room not really caring that he’d woken Tayhung from his ladylike squeal, he bit his lip as his hand hovered over the doorknob before slowly turning it and letting the door creak open, he stepped in and quietly closed the door behind him before scooting closer to Yoongi’s giant bed, he could just make out his hyung’s silhouette and made sway towards it slowly, he took a deep breath as he reached his hand out to wake Yoongi.



 

Trying to wake the sleeping bear proved to be one of the hardest tasks Jimin has ever done, he’d shook him, tapped him, called out to him, even flicked him, and still nothing, Jimin rolled his eyes as he walked over to the empty part of Yoongi’s bed and just laid next to him, maybe this would help. It seemed fate didn’t want Jimin to get any sleep because the storm only got worse and he still couldn’t wake Yoongi who was now snoring as loud a the thunder was, (not really but pretty much) and it was giving Jimin a headache but he was a little calmer just being in the same room as his hyung so he stayed put and just held onto Yoongi’s wrist,his grip tightening every time the thunder happened, like he was a frightened child, it was so embarrassing and rightnow he was kinda glad Yoongi wasn't awake because he’d hear him crying like an idiot, he tried to keep his body from shaking as to not wake the other man until he was finished crying. When he was done he wiped his eyes with other hand and scooted closer as he closed his eyes and again tried to sleep.


 

Yoongi had finally woken up, Jimin was crying again, a bit harder than last time and he knew why, during the storm his window blew open making the thunder almost unbearable, even for him, he groaned and got up to close the window again, “Jiminie it’s okay look I closed the window” he mumbled as he laid back next to him. Jimin sniffled but stopped crying then he heard his hyungs voice, “I t-tried to wake y-you up you p-pabo” he shoved Yoongi lightly who in just laughed in turn and wrapped his arms around the younger, “don't be mean to me or I’ll refuse to cuddle you any longer”  he joked and Jimin stuck his tongue out before putting his head in Yoongi’s chest, “thanks for waking up hyung I needed this” he whispered, Yoongi hushed him and rubbed his back “I’ll always be here for you Jimin, always”, he told him as he heard Jimin’s breathing slow, indicating he was finally asleep, “I love you Jiminie” he spoke softly before falling asleep himself.


 

The next morning was normal, apart from Jimin being a little grumpy because he was tired, Yoongi helped him get through that too. Eventually it was once again time for bed, there was no rain, no thunder, nothing, so why couldn’t Jimin fall asleep, he sighed as he sat up in bed for the second night in a row, after quite a long debate he found himself once again at Yoongi’s door, he was about to knock but Yoongi had already opened the door, he was a little shocked to see Jimin there but let him in anyway, “just go lay down,i'm going to the toilet but i’ll be right back” he said nonchalantly as he walked away, ‘how’d he know’ Jimin though but shrugged it off as he went to lay on Yoongi’s bed. When his hyung returned he turned the light off before crawling in behind Jimin and wrapping his arms around him, “h-hyung?” Jimin turned around to face Yoongi who had only one eye open “Hmm?,” he raised his eyebrow “h-how did you know I wanted to cuddle?” he asked and Yoongi just smiled and closed his eyes, “well it's simple Jiminie, I know so much about you because I’m in love with you, so I know what when you want things, like food, or cuddles, or anything else.”  Jimin’s eyes bulged out in shock and he quickly sat up “w-wait what did you just say, you’re in love with me..” he looked down at his hands as Yoongi sat up and rubbed his tired eyes. “Yes Jimin I did, I’ve had these feelings for a long time I just didn’t know at first, now that I’m finally sure I had to tell you, this really isn’t how I planned on doing it but I guess things don’t always go how you plan, please don’t let this ruin our friendship Jimin I don’t expect you to feel the same as I do I just don’t want you to push me away either, so please, just lay back down and cuddle with me okay?” Jimin stayed frozen for awhile before slowly laying back down and facing away from his hyung, he couldn’t look at him right now but he could do what Yoongi asked, because he’d done it so many times for him.


 

Jimin tried to be normal after that, he really did, but it was hard, he couldn’t stop thinking about what Yoongi had said, and as the months went on it just got harder and harder for him to pretend it didn’t affect him, he was always nervous around Yoongi now, every time he’d come into the same room Jimin’s mouth fried up and his heart sped up, like he’d been dancing for days on end, he didn’t understand but he didn’t know who to talk to, he didn’t want to reveal Yoongi’s secret but he needed advice on what he was feeling, he just didn’t know who to ask, well that was a lie, he knew exactly which person to talk to, he was just scared, but he had to do this, he had to, for him, and for Yoongi. “Namjoon-hyung can I talk to you?” Jimin asked as he slowly walked Namjoon and Jin’s room, “yeah Jiminie of course what do you need?” Namjoon asked ashe patted the bed next to him, “I uh” he blushed as he sat down, “I need advice on something” Namjoon nodded and waited for Jimin to continue, “s-someone confessed their feelings for me and at first I thought I didn’t have the same feelings but every time they’re around I get all nervous and sweaty, my heart starts racing and I can’t think, is that how you felt when Jin hyung confessed to you, does it mean I have the same feelings?” Namjoon bit his lip, this was a hard question to answer, “well Jimin, no one really knows how you feel except you, if you think you have the same feelings as this person I think it’s fair that you tell them, at first I didn’t understand how I felt, but I knew that when Jin wasn’t around I was sad, and when he was around I felt like my world was whole, is this person makes you feel like this then you should take a chance”. Jimin nodded, he finally understood, he may not be in love with Yoongi but he certainly had feelings for him, “thank you Joonie” Jimin hugged him tightly, “any time Jiminie, anytime.”


 

Jimin waited all day to tell Yoongi how he felt, he was currently sitting on said hyung’s bed staring at him as he tried to put his feelings into words. “Jimin whatever you’re about to say it’s okay, you don't have to be afraid,” he sat next to the the nervous boy and placed a hand on his shoulder “what is it?”. Jimin took a deep breath “it’s about what you told me a few months ago, I-I don’t love you Yoongi, I’m sorry”  the man sighed and chuckled a bit “I’m aware of that Jimin you to-” Jimin interrupted him “I’m not finished pabo, I don’t love you and I’m sorry, but I like you, I like you a lot” he bit his lip, “I’ve had these feelings since you confessed and I just didn't know how to tell you, I don’t really know how relationships work, but I wanna learn.” Yoongi smiled and cupped Jimin’s cheek softly before pulling his face closer, “c-can I kiss you Jiminie?” he whispered and Jimin blushed before nodding slowly, Yoongi’s lips were so, weird, but good weird, they were kind of chapped but soft at the same time, he could smell the coconut lip balm Yoongi had on and it made his mind go hazy so he had to pull away, “is that proof enough hyung?” Yoongi nodded and wrapped his arms around him “yeah, and our date tomorrow will be even better proof” Jimin giggled as he cuddled into Yoongi, he was so grateful for his hyung, he was so grateful to be alive.


 

Yoongi and Jimin’s relationship flourished, it was like their souls had waited to for their hearts to make up their minds, they fit so easily together, and of course the other members were supportive seeing as two of the other members have been in a three year long relationship. It was all still so new to Jimin but Yoongi was so patient and kind to him and he appreciated so much, he was slowly falling in love, but that’s another story for another time, right now all he wanted to focus on, was how much he missed cuddling, finally he could be at peace again, it was all thanks to Yoongi, Jimin will always be grateful to have him, always.


 

~I feel like this one was a little rushed but here it is anyway, it actually took a long time and I’m sorry if it’s bad, I tried, If you like it thank you, if not don’t ruin it for everyone else~

 

-D