Reunited

Reunited

Since the day Jungkook moved to Daegu at age four he and Taehyung were the best of friends, they spent all their free time together since their parents were close as well. As time progressed and the two grew older their friendship flourished, and now at the age of twelve their bond is impenetrable, it felt like it was the two of them against the world, they were almost inseparable, so the devastation Jungkook felt after receiving the news he and his family would be moving back to Busan was quite understandable. If felt like his world was being ripped out from under his feet, but there was nothing he could do, and now he had to tell his friend the news, he knew it was going to crush him just bad as it did himself but he had to be the one to tell him, not Taehyung’s parents and no his own, it had to be him.


 

“Y-you’re really going” Taehyung whispered as he looked away from his best friend so he wouldn’t see him cry, he quickly wiped his eyes and looked back to his friend who just nodded, “I hate this so much man” Jungkook flopped down on his best friend’s bed, Taehyung sniffled and crossed his arms “we’re never gonna see eachother again are we?” Jungkook gripped Taehyung's arm tightly “don’t ever say that”, “a-ah kookie you’re hurting me” Taehyung pulled away and rubbed his arm, “sorry I just, promise you’ll remember me okay, that you’ll never forget all the fun we had”  Jungkook held his pinky out and his best friend wasted no time wrapping his own pinky around the one that was presented to him “I promise kookie, I’ll never forget you.” They day they left Jungkook couldn’t stop crying, he was usually good at keeping his feelings in check but he just couldn’t seem to do it today, maybe it was being Taehyung was crying too, he wiped his friend’s cheeks and hugged him tightly one last time, “remember our promise okay Tae” he whispered and his friend just nodded as he watched Jungkook get into his parents car, he waved the whole time, he even chased their car until the end of the block shouting goodbye’s to his friend, “i promise I’ll never forget you, never.”

 

The boys spent the rest of their teen years apart, they made new friends, got different hobbies and eventually their friendship turned into a small memory in their subconscious, they didn’t forget they just simply chose not to dwell on the sadness. Teenage life was hard for them as they both discovered  who they were, in his second year of highschool Taehyung had come out to his friends and family, his friends and mother supported him right away but it was harder for Taehyung’s father to be around him after that. Jungkook seemed to be into both boys and girls but never showed an interest in dating, he tried once with an older friend of his named Jimin but they soon discovered that, one, Jimin was in love with their mutual friend Yoongi and two, Jungkook just didn’t feel any sort of romantic way towards Jimin so that relation quickly ended but their friendship remained. Taehyung dated his old work buddy Hoseok for about a year until Hoseok broke it off when he went away to college, which didn’t upset Taehyung too much since they were friends before anything else as well, after another year Taehyung had finally graduated had moved to Seoul to start his university life.



 

When it was finally time for Jungkook to graduate he was ecstatic, he could finally move out of his parents home, he could leave his boring life, he’d had enough money saved up from his summer and after school jobs, for a year’s worth of rent and a bus ticket to Seoul. Jungkook wasted no time packing his bags, he was far too excited, his life was beginning, once he packed everything he kissed his mother’s cheek and bowed to his father before giving them both a hug. “I love you guys,I’ll make you proud I promise” he told them as he pulled away, his mother wiped her tears and shooed him out the door happily, “we believe in you Jungkook, you’ll be amazing at whatever you do” he hugged them again before getting into his taxi, he waved goodbye to them as it drove off to the train station. The train was packed but Jungkook didn’t care, his mind was far too busy thinking of all the things his life had in store for him, as he went through his memories he got a flash of a small twelve year old boy and his heart stung a bit, he quickly smiled again though as he remembered all the good Taehyung had done for him, he made him childhood grand and he was so thankful to his oldest friend, and he hoped that he had Taehyung feel the same way when he remembered him, he hoped he hadn’t forgotten them, forgotten him, he really really hoped, because he hadn’t forgotten, after all these years, he still remembered.


 

Seoul was much bigger than Jungkook thought, it was so lively and he had a hard time finding an apartment but once he did everything fell into place, he got a job at a small bakery that was a few blocks from his home, everything was going great, except, he was kind of lonely, he figured that would go away when he got to university, and it did, he quickly made friends when fall came around, his classes were good, he wasn’t studying anything particular, just doing his core classes but he had a steady, happy life, and that’s all that mattered. Jungkook was invited to a party on his day off and decided it would be fun to meet new people, so here he was, walking across his street to some guy’s house, it seemed weird for him to be going to a stranger’s party but that’s how you meet new people right, plus a friend told him he was going too so he’d know one person at least. Jungkook found the house quickly and saw the guy who invited him was outside, they quickly greeted each other before the guy let him in, the music was loud and there were people everywhere, it kind of gave him anxiety but he liked it at the same time, he made his way through the house and to the backyard, it was a little less full so he stood in the corner and supped his coke -he wasn’t drinking anything alchohalic at a strangers house- he looked around and watched people mingle for a while before deciding to look for his friend, when he failed to find him he decided to mingle with the house owner for while, they got to know each other and found out the man’s name was Namjoon, he liked him, in a friend way, he seemed pretty chill and he liked a lot of the same things jungkook did, they talked for a while before Jungkook had to leave,Namjoon sid goodbye to him but invited him back tomorrow so he could quote ‘meet some other friends so you don't die of loneliness, he agreed and said goodbye before heading out of the house and into the darkness.



 

Being at work was one of Jungkook’s favorite things, he liked smelling the fresh bread and giving out all kinds of sweets to people, it really helped him relax which was weird but he didnt care. He smiled to himself as he heard the small bell on the front door indicating someone had come in, he quickly ran from the back room and stood at the front register. “Hi there welcome to mae lou’s bakery how ma-Jungkook;” Jungkook’s eyes shot up to the person in front of him, a guy, a very handsome guy, who looked around his age, and for some reason, seemed oddly familiar. “Uh yeah?” the guy’s eyes widened in shock, “y-you remember me right;” the guy asked and stepped closer to the counter, Jungkook eyed him for a second, and then it hit him, “T-Taehyung;”  the guy nodded and Jungkook’s eyes instantly started to water, “oh my god.” Jungkook ran around the counter and hugged Taehyung tightly, “I missed you so much kookie, how are you;” he asked, Jungkook felt himself blush at his old childhood nickname, “i’m an adult now don’t call me that pabo,” he just laughed and ruffled the younger’s hair “don’t be mean to me kookie we havent seen eachother in almost ten years,” Jungkook frowned a bit and looked down “I know, I-I’m so sorry I moved away Taehyung you were my best friend..” he felt his best friend’s hand on cheek and his head was lifted up, “it okay Jungkook, really it is, and I’m still your best friend right;” the younger smiled and nodded “of course, Tae, no one would ever replace you.”


 

Taehyung and Jungkook didn’t get to spend much time together as Taehyung was just there for a breakfast muffin before going to work, Jungkook did however get his best friend’s number so they had been texting off and on the whole day. When it was time for Jungkook to get off he closed everything up and headed for his friend Namjoon’s house, as he was supposed to meet more people today, friends of Namjoon’s apparently,he sighed heavily as he entered the man's house once again, he took his shoes off and flopped down on the couch. “Hey man, careful that’s a 2,000 dollar couch” he sat down next to the younger, “sorry I’m just all over the place in my head right now’ Namjoon handed him a the bottle of water he got from the kitchen, “wanna tell me about it;” Jungkook nodded “sure why not,I don’t know where to start, I guess I’m just, really happy,see, okay,  I had this best friend when I was a kid right, we knew each other for almost ten years and then,” there was a long pause, “and then I moved back to my hometown, ” Namjoon nodded to show he was listening and Jungkook continued, “I was at work today and someone came in,daegu but it wasn’t just someone, it was him Namjoon, I have been reunited with Taehyung,” he smiled wide and Namjoon patted him on the back, “that’s great man I’m so happy for you, just don’t get too excited I don’t need you breaking anything more than I already do”


 

Namjoon’s friends seemed to be a little late, Jungkook was getting tired and kind of angry but then the doorbell rang and Namjoon hopped up off the couch and went to answer the door. Two men came back with the house owner, one that appeared to be older than all of them, but not by much, and, wait, “Taehyung, are you serious? Jungkook smiled again upon seeing his childhood friend for the second time today. Taehyung looked up from his phone and smiled, “oh hey Kookie I didn't know you were friends with Jin and Joonie too,” Jungkook blushed again at the nickname while Namjoon shoulder jabbed him “I told you not to call me that, and he’s never met Jin, we met yesterday, at my party which you were supposed to come to by the way” Taehyung just shrugged and sat by Jungkook “I had funnier plans, but if i’d known Kookie was there I would’ve run all the way here.” Jin sat in Namjoon’s lap once he took a seat in the chair and wrapped his arms around the younger man, “so you’re the Jungkook that he never shuts up about, I’m so glad your back because I was getting tired of all his sad sack complaining” he laughed at Taehyung’s blush but Jungkook just looked at him with such happiness, his friend had kept his promise.


 

Taehyung and Jungkook left together that night, the older had offered his best friend a ride home which Jungkook gladly accepted. “I can’t believe we’ve comeback in eachothers lives, I really never thought I’d see you again and then, there you were” he smiled as he drove calmly down the streets of Seoul, “I knew we would,we were destined to be friends Tae and nothing could change that.” Taehyung was tearing up at his friends words and he had to spend extra time at a red light to rub his eyes, “you know I told all my highschool friends about you;” Jungkook said as he turned to look at the older, “they used to make sun of me and say I sounded like someone who was in love rather than just a friend talking about another friend” he blushed and Taehyung laughed as he started to drive again. “I don’t know you have aged really well,” he winked and Jungkook felt his stomach do a flip, “w-why would you say that you know compliments make me shy;” his friend once again laughed at him as he parked in front of Jungkook's apartment building, “I have to tell the truth kookie, you are beautiful,” Taehyung turned his car off and turned to face his best friend, “you know, after you moved away realized something;” Jungkook raised an eyebrow and watched Taehyung grab his hand, the contact made him feel hot and dizzy, like he was on some weird drug “w-what for you mean;” he asked and Taehyung smirked and unblocked his seatbelt, so he could move closer to Jungkook.  “Kookie, you leaving made me realize how much I really like you, I have liked you since I was fourteen, I tried to get rid of the feelings when you moved because I thought we’d never see each other again, and then I walked into that bakery, and I saw you, all the feelings I thought were gone just exploded through me and, I had to tell you, I just” he squeezed Jungkook’s hand “I need you to know what I have feelings for you, strong, powerful, scary feelings, and I need to know how you feel, please tell me Kookie.”


 

Jungkook was shocked at his friend’s confession, his mouth opened to speak but nothing came out, he was so nervous to tell Taehyung he felt the same. “I-I” he closed his eyes “I like you too Tae, it’s just I’m so new at that I have no idea what to do, or what to say, but I know that when I saw you today I got all these weird sensations, my head felt fuzzy, I couldn’t think, all I could do was look at you because I was afraid if I moved you’d disappear and I’d be without you, again.” “I don’t think I could handle losing you again” he mumbled and looked down at his hands as he picked at his nails, Taehyung’s arm reached over and unbuckled Jungkook’s seat belt, he gently pulled him from the seat and into his lap, “you’ll never lose me again, not if I can help it” he smiled as he lifted Jungkook’s face, “I wanna be with you, d-do you think that would be okay;” Taehyung asked and the younger nodded while trying to hide his blush. “Don’t hide from me kookie, I wanna see your perfect face, especially when you blush,” Taehyung slowly uncovered the youngers face and leaned up to kiss him, their lips met and Jungkook saw stars, his arms wrapped around Taehyung’s neck and he kissed him back with just as much enthusiasm as his hyung, when they pulled away Jungkook was breathing heavily from lack of oxygen and taehyung had a big smirk on his face, “c’mon let's get you upstairs and to sleep, school starts tomorrow.”

 

 

~

Well that was nice and soft right? I've been thinking of writing ..but Idk..I have before I've just never posted anything I've always deleted it..but I might try, we'll see. ANYWAY I hope you guys liked that, and if not don't ruin it for anyone else thanks!~