Chapter 1

You're supposed to be my Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook didn't even try stopping himself from sliding down the chair. It got to the point where his back was more on the seat rather than his , his legs stretched out in front of him. It would have looked snobby, but he was taking advantage of the short moment of privacy. there was no need to keep up his golden act when there was no one there to see it anyways, so he was free to slack on his posture a little bit. 

He was currently situated just outside of his manager's office, waiting for the man to give the young actor a rundown of his upcoming schedules. Getting increasingly impatient by the minute, he finally straightened himself upright on the seat again. 

Shouldn't his manager be the one to find him? Not the other way around? He scrunched his nose at the thought, the action doubling in purpose for pushing his round frames further up the bridge of his nose. 

His eyes trailed to a stack of magazines sitting on the stand besides him, reaching over and snatching the one on top. He lazily flipped through the pages, slowly starting to slide down the chair again.

A scoff escaped his lips before he could stop it. By this time it was almost instinct to do so whenever he saw anything that had to do with 'him'. He had stumbled across a full-page ad with an obnoxious face smiling back at him from the printed paper. 

Kim Taehyung himsef, modeling to promote a facial product that Jungkook should have been the one to advertise for. Jungkook liked to think that he was just too busy at the time, and therefore the offer was passed onto Taehyung, when in reality the reason was probablu something that would hurt his pride just a little. 

Taehyung was very good looking, anyone with eyes can see that and even Jungkook was (un)willing to admit it. But it was almost unfair to all the 'commoners' around how..perfect his features were. The photo in itself irked him so much that Jungkook flipped the page with much more force than was necessary. No doubt though, the ad turned out very nicely.

Jungkook gave credit to the editors. 

If there was one word to describe how Jungkook felt towards the other actor, it would most likely be 'detest'. there was just...something about Taehyung that peeved him to no ends. They were both rookie actors who made it big. As proud as Jungkook was about how far he's made it, he couldn't help but feel a little annoyoed that taehyung had it so smooth too. if anything, Smoother. Not everything had been calm waters, Jungkook had worked hard to get to where he was now, when it seemed that it just came naturally to Taehyung. 

The man had charm, looks, and ing indredible acting skills. Like, Jungkook could swear that through the eyes of the fans there was no one else more perfect. that didn't stop Jungkook from keeping up with him though.

No, he was not jealous. It was just his competitive side showing. They were rivals, and Jungkook would be lying if he said that it didn't motivate him even just a little. 

he quickly scans through the rest of the magazine, uninterested. Tossing it back onto the top of the pile, he felt that he wasn't in the mood to reach for another one anymore. There was no need to anyways, the door to his manager's office swung open just in time for the man to witness Jungkook falling to the floor from having slid too far down his seat. 

The older male only raised an eyebrow at the actor on the floor, in which Jungkook played it off by striking a pose as if he had planned this. 

"Paint me like one of your french girls." he adds for good measure, wiggling his eyebrows up at his manager. 

His manager, Seokjin, only wore an expression of judgment, but was rather used to Jungkook's randomness by now. He pushed the door open further for the actor to eventually step in as well. 

"Sorry that took a while, my call just ended. Now are you going to come in or not?" Something about his tone and teasing grin told Jungkook that he was not as apologetic as he may have tried to seem. 

"Yeah yeah, I'm cominG-" Jungkook exaggerates, making a show of getting up and flowing into the office as well. 

"You're lucky I can tolerate you. You're a handful you know that?" Jin muses, taking a seat behind his desk and motioning for Jungkook to sit across from him. 

"I'm also your source of income, you're lucky you can tolerate me." Jungkook snickers, plopping onto the empty office chair and spinning in a circle. 

Despite his words, Jungkook really couldn't ask for a better manager. He was so ing glad he hadn't ended up for a cranky old man. Jin was onlny a few years older than he was, making things a lot more comfortable for Jungkook. Sometimes he wonders why jin chose to work behind the scenes rather than becoming an actor himself. With visuals like that, Jungkook could swear that everyone in the company had a crush on his hyung. 

Jin snorts, but otherwise didn't say anything. 

"So what's it hyung? The fate of my next few weeks lies in your next words." Jungkook starts, sitting with his hands under hs thighs and looking at the other male expectantly. 

The older male reached for a folder of papers, getting down to business. Actually I think this one's going to take more than a few weeks. Months maybe." There was an excited glint in his eyes, which only mande Jungkook more curious as well. 

"Well? Aren't you going to tell me?" Jungkook ushers.

"How do you feel about a lead role in a drama?" The manager continued before Jungkook could react yet. "It's a romantic comedy of course, and this time you'll be part of the main couple!"

Jungkook imagined he was probably gawking as he was processing the information. So far in his career, he's only gotten small side roles (but that didn't stop his popularity from booming), and it was about time that he got his big break.

"Are you kidding me? That's amazing! Accept the offer before they change their minds!"

"Aha! I knew you'd say yes, I already told them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter