FINAL

The Wrong Order
Please log in to read the full chapter

Somin finally got a day off from her very tiring job and decided to spent her morning half at a new local café that was recommended by her good and long time friend, Matthew. He wouldn’t stop talking about it and its designs, secretly mentioning a certain employee every time the café came into their conversation. She began to wonder if he actually liked the shop or the worker more. But being a café lover herself, she decided to check out the place anyway, whether it was truly good or bad.

 

She entered the beautifully decorated building, admiring the work of whoever designed it. There was a mixture of a modern and vintage taste, which was something she enjoyed. Thankfully it wasn’t too packed, otherwise she’d feel a bit uncomfortable, so she made her way up to the counter, taking a good look at their menu. There was a good variety between cold, hot and special seasonal drinks along with pastries. From the colorful note on the bottom it seemed like every day of the week came with a special. Free cookie Monday, Double sticker Tuesday, Free cake sample Wednesday, Free mini mystery drink Thursday, Extra sticker Friday, and on the weekends if you buy any drink you get a pastry of your choice. It was a pretty good marketing technique plus it went well with seeing how certain crowds would react to newer drinks or snacks. So far, Somin had fell in love with the place.

 

The brunette quickly snapped out from her thoughts and gave her order to the employee at the counter, and a part of her began to wonder if this was the boy Matthew was talking about. He was cute, slightly shy, but she could see him being Matthew’s type. The boy handed her a number along with a beeper. She walked around the café some more, noticing pictures of the employees and maybe owners on the walls, adding in their own aesthetics. Finally, she found a comfortable seat near the window, so she could have a view towards the outside world.

 

Somin gave an A plus to most of the criterias, but now all that was left was the taste. She really wanted to try out their new drinks, since it was Thursday, but she decided against it. A big regret of her own. From the angle of her seat, she could perfectly see the boy working across the counter. However, something caught her attention, a woman - dressed very professional and different from the rest of the staff - whisper into his ear as he was midway into making the drink. She saw the woman mix something into her drink, but Somin decided to put her paranoia behind her. Matthew did always tell her that she can overreact at times, so possibly this could a moment.

 

Her beeper finally went off, signalling her to make her way towards the barista to grab her Caffè Mocha. The smell of the drink was just devine. The second she sat down in her seat, Somin just couldn’t wait to take a sip. The flavor melted perfectly down onto her tongue. The flavor was so strong and for once Somin began to question ever other café she’s been too, they all began to seem fake. There was a slight aftertaste that she couldn’t put her finger to. Mint? Cinnamon? Caramel? Hell she didn’t even care anymore. The brunette even had to hold down a moan, feeling as if she was in heaven. What she didn’t notice through her new experience was the fresh pair of eyes being pleased by her reaction. Somin knew for sure she would be coming back.

 

-

 

Somin’s boss let everyone out two hours earlier than before and she wanted to just thank the gods. The only thing on her mind was visiting that glorious café once more. She walked in, was taken aback by the decor, and made her way towards the counter again. It seemed as if the employee from before has a stable and steady shift, or she was just lucky to see him again.

 

Somin giggled as she rushed towards her seat. She looked down towards her new card, well her new café sticker card. One row full of stickers meant 1 dollar off, two rows full meant a free drink, and three rows full of stickers meant a taste of their secret and upcoming pastries. Somin was excited to finally start her journey. This time she ordered a regular Espresso. The beeper went off, she made her way towards the counter. She was too excited about her beverage that she didn’t even bother double checking her drink. She took a sip and realized it wasn’t anywhere near an Espresso. It seemed as if they got her order wrong. Her mind was stuck between wanting to complain or just going with the drink they gave her, luckily for her the drinks were around the same price.

 

-

 

So, Somin goes enters another day, this time with some colleagues, and once again the same boy was behind the counter taking their orders. The beeper went off, they grabbed their beverages and snacks but it seems like Somin’s order was the only one that was incorrect. Due to her being with other people and it being a busy time period of the day, she decided to let it go once again. The drink was still good, it just wasn’t the one she ordered.

 

Somin was becoming confused and ma

Please log in to read the full chapter