Stupid Book

Stupid Book

Yewon is bored at the dorm and everyone is out (Jiho is knocked out in bed) except for Yoobin who is too busy reading her stupid book.

 

It's a Friday afternoon where time seemed to be passing too slowly for Yewon's liking. They still didn't have their cellphones yet which meant Yewon wasn't able to text her friends and there was nothing to entertain her on this chilly day. Hyojung and Seunghee were at the company, something about composing a new song. Shiah was out with her beloved Seulgi unnie. She claimed that it's a date. The night before, Jiho was complaining about a horrible headache and was currently knocked out in bed. Hence, the only person available for Yewon to pester was Yoobin, who is currently comfortably seated on the couch while reading a book.

Yewon stared at her. She had always thought that Yoobin was adorable. Over the past couple of months, Yoobin had let her hair grow almost to her shoulders and Yewon found it gorgeous. The way Yoobin's facial expressions changed when she read made Yewon soften. Sometimes, her face would contort into a small frown or she would let out tiny gasps at the seemingly 'hella cool' scenes. And her eyes, Yewon loved them. Those large doe eyes that looked at everyone with love. (Yewon liked to think that she had an extra dose of love from Yoobin compared to the others)

Fifteen minutes passed by and Yewon was getting bored of watching Yoobin read. She was expecting the other girl to feel the lasers she was shooting at her and talk to her but it seemed like that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. It's as if Yoobin was into the book, rendering her unaware of Yewon's intense stare.

 

"Unnie, what are you reading?"

 

"Deception Point. Yebinnie bought it for me."

 

Of course it was from Yebin. Yoobin's oh so favourite 97 line bestie. Yebin was kind of a loser in Yewon's opinion. But a cute loser.

 

"It must be really interesting for you to be so absorbed in reading it"

 

Yoobin merely nodded in acknowledgement.

 

Silence.

 

Seriously? Was Yoobin going to let this 'conversation' end just like that?

 

Yewon would be lying if she said that she wasn't slightly annoyed. Maybe she was spoiled. After all, she was used to having all her unnies' attention even when she doesn't want it. But now, Yoobin isn't even sparing her a glance. Her Bae Yoobin unnie who would do anything she asked, even if she was being unreasonable. (All she had to do is to show some rare aegyo to get Yoobin to agree) Everyone knew that Yoobin had a soft spot for Yewon. Which was why Yewon would always gets away with things that the other members wouldn't. Once, Jiho tried to steal a slice of Yoobin's chocolate castella cake and she ended up getting her whooped. However, when Yewon got caught sneakily trying to steal a bite, Yoobin ended up just passing her the whole box. Jiho who witnessed this sulked in a corner while muttering something that sounded like "Stupid whipped nerd" but Yoobin pretended to not hear her.

So, why was Yoobin ignoring her now?  Yewon glared at the book and huffed. Stupid book. This  book was stealing all her unnie's attention.

 

"Unnie, I'm bored."

 

"Go watch TV or something."

 

"There's only boring stuff. Like the animal planet crap you love so much. Play with me," whined Yewon who decided to squeeze in between Yoobin and the book, placing her head on Yoobin's lap while taking up the rest of the couch.

 

"Play. With. Me." Yewon repeated, while poking Yoobin's cheek with each syllable.

 

Any other time, Yoobin would have squealed at how cute Yewon was being but the story was just getting intense and she really wanted to know what happens in the story.

 

Without saying a word, Yoobin gave Yewon a flick on the forehead. Yewon, being the little wuss she is, flinched and rolled off the older's lap with her signature dolphin pitched scream. Ouch. Faceplanting onto the ground after rolling off the couch was not a very fun experience. Yewon continued laying down on the ground, as if she had given up on life. She was too heartbroken from the betrayal. Maybe she would suffocate and disappear from this cruel world where Yoobin doesn't notice her. Or maybe, Yoobin would feel bad for throwing her off the couch and console her. The latter didn't seem to be happening though, she had been laying there for a good five minutes and Yoobin still hadn't spoken. Rolling herself onto her back, she frowned. There was no way she was going to lose her Yoobin unnie to a stupid book. She would rip it apart if she had to...maybe not in front of Yoobin but secretly when no one's looking. Jiho would definitely snitch on her if she saw her. Apparently, no one takes Yewon's warning of "snitches get stitches" seriously. Also, Jiho would most definitely be the one giving the stitches. That girl is a violent one and Yewon is kind of weak.

 

Giving up wasn't something Yewon was going to do. Although she looked like a "ball of fluff and sunshine who cares about love and world peace", Yewon wasn't fond of losing. Her competitive side was starting to get fired up. And she wasn't afraid of playing dirty.

 

One moment Yoobin was reading peacefully, and the next, her book was flung across the living room, out of sight.

 

"What the fu-" she began to complain but was cut off by a sudden weight in her lap.

 

Straddling Yoobin's lap, the maknae encircles her arms around the other girl's neck. The doe eyed girl, too stunned to speak, could only stare at the other in shock. Noticing her unnie's disbelief of the situation, Yewon decided to a little.

 

"Unnie, do you like the book more than me?" Yewon pouted while leaning in closer.

 

Flustered because of their close proximity, Yoobin could only choke out a small "N-no..."

 

She could feel her face heating up and her heart rate was quickening. Since when was their maknae so bold?

 

"Hmm...but you were ignoring me! Do you want to play with me now?" asked Yewon with a playful grin as she cutely tilts her head to the side.

 

"Y-yeah. W-what do you want to do?"

 

Yewon simply smiled.

 

"Hmm," she replied, placing her index finger under Yoobin's chin. Slowly, she slid her finger upwards, tilting the other girl's head upwards. All this while, Yoobin was tongue tied and her heart felt like it was going to explode. They stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity before Yewon leaned in and brushed her lips against the older girl's. "I want to do this," she whispered before she captured Yoobin's sweet lips. The older girl was stunned at first and did not respond. However, Yewon didn't stop moving her lips. Eventually, Yoobin melted into the kiss.

 

The older girl cupped Yewon's face, pulling her closer, trying to taste as much of the younger girl. Tentatively, Yoobin traced the younger girl's bottom lip with her tongue, softly nipping at it. Yewon opened , granting entry. As Yoobin's tongue explored Yewon's mouth, she thought that the younger tasted like caramel popcorn and a hint of vanilla.

 

Yewon moaned and tugged on the older girl's hair, trying to deepen the kiss. She could feel the other girl's hand sliding under the hem of her shirt and caressing her back softly, Yoobin's fingers trailing upwards. Yewon shivered.

 

They broke off the kiss to breathe. Both girls panting softly from their intense makeout session. After catching their breaths, Yoobin leaned in again, only to be pushed away by Yewon's finger on her forehead.

 

"Unnie, aren't you supposed to be reading?" the maknae asked 'innocently'.

 

"Wha- what? Forget about the book. I'm suddenly illiterate." Yoobin replied a little too enthusiastically for her liking.

 

The younger girl grinned. 1 point for Yewon and 0 point for the Stupid Book. Guess who's the winner?

 

The 'winner' shifted her position in the other girl's lap to get more comfortable and this movement caused Yoobin to let out a soft moan. Oh how Yewon loved that sound. The younger girl grabbed onto Yoobin's collar and pulled her closer slowly. A little more and their lips would connect once again.

 

"Hey guys, what time is-" Jiho was cut off when she saw the 'indecent scene' infront of her. She stared at them with agape.

 

The two involved in the 'indecent scene' paused, staring back at the person who interrupted their 'play time'. Well .

 

"Wow, this headache has got me seeing things huh? I should probably go back to sleep." Jiho said while awkwardly clearing . Turning around, she entered her room and slammed the door shut.

 

"Uhm...so what were we doing again?"

 

"Playing. And play time isn't over yet, Unnie," Yewon replied before she leaned in and captured Yoobin's lips once again.

 

Take that, you stupid book! Choi Yewon always wins.