Chapter 0

Mal

"Dad! Daddy!"

 

Scrunching his face, Chanyeol stirred a little in his sleep, ignoring the faint sound of someone calling for him. Having came home at 5 o'clock in the morning after a rigorous day at work the day before, He found it really hard to open his eyes or to focus on the repeated calling of his name. A few seconds later, just as he was starting to fall back asleep again, he felt someone shaking his arms rigorously, albeit weakly.

 

"Daddy! Wake up!"

 

Groggy and sleep deprived, Chanyeol failed to notice the urgency latched in his son's voice. Turning around and sinking his face onto his pillow, he mumbled a slurry "What is it, Hyuk?". Exasperated, Park Hyuk gave up on shaking his father's arm and climbed on his torso, straddling his half-asleep father and began shaking his whole body.

 

"Dad!! You have to wake up! Mom's not feeling well! He's been puking since this morning!"

 

Hearing this, Chanyeol immediately shot his eyes open and sat up. His eyes were met with his son's worry etched ones, and he noticed a faint trail of tears on Hyuk's cheeks. Slowly, he patted his five years old son's head and brushed his fingers on his tears stained cheeks. "Hey, hey, calm down, okay buddy? Where's your appa? Hm? He's sick?" he asked his son, trying to calm him down, although he felt really anxious inside too.

 

Being a pure-blood vampire, Park Chanyeol was not used to waking up at seven in the morning, since vampires usually began their activities when the sun has already set. Not that they were allergic to it or anything, but sunshine just irks their eyes, so the majority of vampires and vampire-ran companies set their working hours from 4 pm to 1 am every weekdays, as opposed to humans' working hours at 8 am to 5 pm.

 

"Mom's been vomiting non-stop since an hour ago, dad! He told me that he was fine and not to wake you up but it's not stopping!" Hyuk rambled, tears starting to pool in the corner of his eyes again. Lifting his son up and carrying him outside the bedroom, Chanyeol asked his son where his "mom" was at the moment. Baekhyun wasn't really fond being called "mom" since he was a guy, so Hyuk only uses the endearment whenever Baekhyun was not around. But everytime he's feeling excited, elated, scared, or angry, he always used "mom" instead of "appa" unconsciously. Wordlessly, Hyuk pointed at the bathroom in the living room while his other hand rubbed his eyes.

 

When he got to the bathroom, the half-vampire was rinsing his mouth in the sink, face looking really pale. Baek didn't notice Chanyeol and Hyuk's presence by the door until Chanyeol finally broke the silence by clearing his throat.

 

"Wha-" snapping his head sideways, Baek found both his husband and son looking at him with worry in their faces. "Hyuk, why did you wake up daddy? I'm okay, really," Baekhyun tried to smile while rubbing his mouth with the back of his hand, but the smile came out strained.

 

"But appa, you were-"

 

"Hey," Chanyeol cut, reaching out his hand for Baekhyun to take, "it's a good thing Hyuk woke me up. What's wrong? You're as pale as a ghost." Carrying his son in his left arm, Chanyeol cradled his husband's pale left cheek.

 

"It's nothing. I probably ate something bad. Don't you guys worry, hm?" Baek leaned into his husband's touch and patted his son's cheek.

 

"Really, appa? Are you sure you're okay?"

 

"I'm fine, really," he assured his son, reaching out to take Hyuk from his husband's arms, "More importantly, I'm pretty sure I heard someone yelling 'Mom!' at me. Care to explain yourself, young man?" At this, Hyuk giggles cutely, burying his face in the crook of his appa's shoulder. "I'm sorry, appa, I was so scared, so I accidentally called you that." "Hmm, we have to start another session to teach you to properly call me 'appa', yes?" he cooed his son, feeling bad to have frightened him before and trying to lift the mood.

 

Chanyeol only watched silently from the bathroom door as his husband merrily carried their son to the living room and sat him down in front of the TV which was playing some cartoon show. After he's sure that Hyuk was fully captivated by the TV show, Baek slowly maneuvered himself towards the kitchen to continue cooking their meals. In the middle of flipping the eggs, he felt an arm slowly creeping his waist, and he turned around to see his husband's still worried face.

 

"Hey," he greeted, then tiptoed to place a quick kiss on his taller husband's lips. "Hey. How are you feeling? Hyuk was pretty damn scared. He said you vomited for a whole hour." "It's nothing, really. I was suddenly dizzy and feeling nauseous and had to vomit. That's it. Maybe I ate something that was already expired yesterday. Was it the milk?" Baek stopped flipping the eggs to look blankly at the wall, head tilted upwards while thinking. "Yep, I guess it's the milk. Don't worry," he said cheerily, patting Chanyeol's cheek. "Okay then, if you say so," he sighed in reply.

 

About fifteen minutes later, the front door was opened, and a tall man, a bit shorter than Chanyeol, with sharp jaw and expressionless face came in. He was wearing a black denim jacket and a black shirt, with a complimenting pitch black jeans, and he would look very intimidating if not for the grocery bags in his hands.

 

"Uncle Hun!" Hyuk leaped from the living room sofa to hug his uncle's right foot. "Hey there, superman. What's up?" Sehun dropped one of his bags to pat his nephew's head.

 

"Hey there, Sehun. You're a bit later than usual today. Something happened?" Chanyeol greeted his brother-in-law, taking the bags to the kitchen.

 

"Hey Hyung. Nothing much. Irene was just- Holy hyung! What happened to you?!" he nearly shouted at the sight of a very pale Baekhyun emerging from the kitchen.

 

"Languages, Byun Sehun! We got Hyuk in the premises," Baek scolded sternly, "and to answer your question, it's nothing. I just drank bad milk yesterday. I think." "You think?" "Yeah."

 

"Hyuk told me Baek was vomiting non stop, but his temperature was normal so I guess it was the milk," Chanyeol explained, unpacking the contents of the bag - which were fruits and vegetables - and putting them on the kitchen counter, "Anyways, where did these come from?"

 

Still wary, Sehun rested his palm on his brother's forehead to check his temperature. "Irene just got a delivery of fruits and vegetables from her parents. She told me to share with you guys. They were fresh and really delicious." "Aw, that's so sweet of her. Remind me to call noona later to thank her, Yeol," Baek says happily, taking note in her mind to thank his little brother's human girlfriend.

 

"By the way, hyung," Sehun muttered distractedly while stepping inside the kitchen, "what's for breakfast? I hadn't had your cooking for ages!"

 

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun snorted at Sehun's statement and Hyuk laughed loudly, eyes forming little cresents just like his appa's when laughing "What are you saying. uncle! You have breakfast here everyday!"

 

"Yeah, listen to the kid, Sehun. You have breakfast here-" Baekhyun stopped abruptly, hands clamped on his mouth, and ran past his husband, son, and younger brother towards the bathroom.

 

"Baek?! What's wrong?!" Chanyeol shouted, hurriedly following Baekhyun to the bathroom. "Hyuk, you stay here for a while, a'ight? Uncle and dad are gonna check on your appa," Sehun crouched down and patted his nephew's head. "Okay uncle..." Hyuk answered dejected and worriedly.

 

Reassured that his nephew would stay away from the sight of his appa probably retching his guts out, Sehun went on the bathroom where his brother-in-law was petting the back of his brother while said brother was crouched down in front of the toilet bowl, still vomiting whatever substances inside his stomach. "Hyung, how's Baek-hyung?" he approached slowly, eyes careful not to see the content of the toilet bowl.

 

As if on cue, another retching sound was heard, and Chanyeol continuously patted Baekhyun's back.

 

"It's the milk..." Baekhyun wheezes, "it'll go soon...after a while." And Baekhyun vomited again right after he finished his sentence.


"Look Baek, just rest and go to sleep today, okay?" Chanyeol said after helping his husband rinse his mouth and jaw. "I agree with Chanyeol-hyung. I'll just call Kyungsoo-hyung to tell that you can't come to help out at the daycare and I'll also drop and pick up Hyuk there later." "It's fine, really. I don't have fever and cold, just a sick stomach, I'll manage, really."

 

"Baek," this time, Chanyeol turned his husband towards him and said sternly, "you're really pale, you're continuously vomiting, and don't think that I didn't notice your slow movement in the kitchen earlier. You're resting and that's final." Baekhyun only whimpered in reply.

 

While Chanyeol helped Baekhyun stood straight and walked out of the bathroom, Sehun fumbled with his phone distractedly. "I think Irene will get off work before me, so she'll drop by first. What should I told her to buy? Porridge? You know all of us except you are a hopeless case when it comes to cooking." "No-" "Yes, I think that would be nice," Chanyeol cut in as Baekhyun literally leaned on him, "Thank you, Sehun. And pass my thanks to Irene-noona too." "No probs, hyung."

 

Holding Baekhyun securely in the waist, Chanyeol dragged him to their bedroom, and sat Baekhyun on the edge of the bed. Not long after, a few small steps was heard and Hyuk came barging through the door. "Appa!" he called, "you sleep more, okay? I will be a good boy and go to the daycare with uncle." Petting his son's head and giving him a kiss on the forehead, Baekhyun smiled warmly and replied, "Okay, Hyuk. Just eat the breakfast at the table and be a good boy to Uncle Kyungsoo at the daycare too, alright?" He was answered with a nod, then the little boy scampered out of the room.

 

"I'll bring your breakfast here, wait a bit, okay?" Chanyeol said before going out of the room and coming back five minutes later. When he came back to the bedroom, Baekhyun was already sitting in the middle of the bed, back leaning against the headrest.

 

Seeing the confusion on Baekhyun's face upon seeing the sausages, Chanyeol explained that Sehun managed to cook some of it earlier, to complement the sunny side up eggs.

 

"I don't think you should eat something this greasy if your stomach's upset, but for now I guess this will do, just to fill your stomach." Baekhyun nodded and expressed his gratitude, "Thanks, Yeol."

 

In the middle of feeding his husband, Chanyeol suddenly wondered, "Do you need any blood?" It was common knowledge that half vampires didn't have any cravings or need for blood, but blood, in general, helped them increase their strength, immune system, and healing process. "No, it's okay. It's an upset stomach caused by expired milk, Yeol. It will be gone in no time," Baekhyun laughed.

 

All of a sudden, Sehun's head peeked in from the bedroom door. "Hey, I'm going and taking Hyuk with me, a'ight? Hyung, you rest well and stop being stubborn, okay?" "Yeah, yeah, just go, you brat," Baek muttered under his breath. The door then opened wide, and Hyuk came trotting in in his blue jumper. "Appa, Dad, I'm going, okay?" he exclaimed, reaching out his little hands. From the side of the bed, Chanyeol lifted him up and gave him a kiss on his right cheek. "Okay, be careful and listen to Uncle Kyungsoo, okay?" "Okay!" Chanyeol then lowered him on the bed and gave him to Baekhyun's awaiting hands. Baekhyun hugged his son tightly and gave him a kiss on his left cheek. "Wait for Uncle Sehun inside the daycare later okay? Don't go outside on your own." "Yes, appa!"

 

While Chanyeol went outside to see Sehun and Hyuk off, Baekhyun slowly got up from the bed and trotted to the kitchen to wash the dishes. As expected, it wasn't long until he heard Chanyeol's exasperated groan and his footsteps echoing in the living room.

 

"Gosh, Baek, what did we all say? You got to rest! You're really pale, expired milk or not, and I will not have you work on anything today. You're paler than you usually are when you're sick, Baek," Chanyeol rambled non-stop while maneuvering Baekhyun to sit on one of the dining chairs and proceeded to continue washing the dishes. "Sorry," was all Baekhyun could mumble.

 

The room fell into silence save for the sound of water splasing in the sink. For the longest time, none of them said a word. Chanyeol continued to wipe the dining table clean and Baekhyun only fiddling with his fingers in his lap while biting his lower lip. "Hey," Chanyeol suddenly said, lifting his husband's chin with his thumb and index finger, "Just rest, okay? Don't worry about anything else. Just rely on me until afternoon, and after that rely on Irene-noona and Sehun. We can manage a day or two without you doing everything for us, okay?" he continued talking warmly. Baekhyun only nodded. "I know you rarely get sick, so it must feel terrible not being able to do anything, but bear with it, okay?" Baekhyun nodded again. In times like this, Chanyeol sometimes wonder how his husband could go from stubborn, sassy, and fabulous to squeaky, obedient, and cute in just a few seconds.

 

This time, without much resistance from the other, Chanyeol managed to help Baekhyun went to the bedroom and sat him in the middle of the bed. Just as he was going to go out to do the chores, he felt his wrist being held by a much smaller hand, and he turned around to see a hesitant face on his husband's face.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"Uhm- It's just- Aren't you going to drink?" Baekhyun mumbles, his other hand reaching up to pull on his shirt collar, revealing milky white neck. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Is it okay, though? You're already feeling unwell. I don't want you to feel even more sick," Chanyeol replied hesitantly, eyes locking to his husband's exposed neck. "It's just blood, Yeol. It won't affect my stomach condition. Besides, you need to drink to operate properly."

 

Hesitating, Chanyeol slowly sat on the bed in front of his husband, hands reaching up to cup Baekhyun's right cheek. Wordlessly, he crouched his body, mouth hovering over the expanse of the crook between his husband's neck and left shoulder. He beared his fangs against the smooth skin and pierced it, blood as he did so.

 

Baekhyun closed his eyes and held his breath as he felt his husband's fangs ripped his skin to drink his blood, both pain at being bitten and the pleasure of feeding his husband coursed throughout his body. He's been doing this, feeding his husband, for the last nine years that they were together, although he only started feeding him daily at the last seven years, but the pain and pleasure were still there, rushing up everytime Chanyeol drank from his blood. Unconsciously, he reached over to clutch at his husband's back.

 

After a while, Chanyeol released his fangs from Baekhyun's shoulder, and gave the wound a and kiss to heal it faster. "Thanks, Baek," he muttered while kissing his husband on the lips. Baekhyun chuckled, "I could taste my blood from your mouth, Yeol, ahaha."

 

Chanyeol only smiled and proceeded to tuck his husband inside the blanket. "Wait- Where are you going?" Baekhyun asked hurriedly as he saw Chanyeol heading out of the room. "Um.. Doing the chores?" Seeing the hand signal of his husband to come closer, Chanyeol walked back and sat on the bed. When Baekhyun patted the space beside him, Chanyeol only looked at him in confusion before obediently laid his body beside his husband.

 

"Leave the chores, I'll do it when I get better. Work must be really hard now, right, what with all the rogue vampires emerging in random places in the city. The ministry must've gave you non-stop field work to stop them. Moreover, you've been going home in the mornings the past weeks. Just take a rest with me here, hm?" Baekhyun said softly, hands caressing his husband's silver locks. Chanyeol took the hand that was on his hair and kissed the palm of Baekhyun's open hand. "If you say so, Baek. Let's just sleep, alright?"

 

After that, nobody said anything anymore. There's a moment of comfortable silence as the sun slowly rose higher onto the sky, and the sound of people walking in the streets and the honking of the cars became more clear. For a while, Baekhyun thought about his past life before marrying Chanyeol six years ago. They met each other six years prior to their marriage, when both of them were still fifteen and were still training to be a rogue hunter. Three years later, at the age of eighteen, Chanyeol confessed to Baekhyun after a successful hunting and they began dating shortly after. They decided to tie the knot when Chanyeol proposed three years into their relationship. A year later, Hyuk came into the world and Baek took a decision to retire from the hunter profession to run a daycare center for children with hunter parents with his fellow former hunters Do Kyungsoo and his now wife, Wendy. Looking back, Baekhyun realized that his surroundings had changed drastically from daily fightings and blood to daily peace and fluffiness in the form of their son. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he drowned further in the comfort of his blanket, relishing the peace he was currently enjoying with his husband.

 

Looking down at the tuft of honey brown hair that is his husband and noticing that the shorter male was fully awake, Chanyeol suddenly spoke up, "I'm not really sleepy anymore Baek. And I can tell that you're not sleeping either." Baekhyun chuckled, "Figures. You were never the type to get back to sleep after waking up."

 

"How are you feeling?" "Much better," Baekhyun looked up to smile brightly at Chanyeol, "I think lying here cuddling with you helps tuning down the nauseous feeling in my stomach." "Then, let's continue doing this," Chanyeol hummed, kissing the crown of Baekhyun's head.

 

Awhile after, Baekhyun sat up, eliciting a confused look from his husband. "Tell me about your recent works. How's the blast of rogue vamps case going?" Sitting up, Chanyeol tucked Baek's head to lean on his shoulder. "We still hadn't had any strong lead. I mean- All of a sudden, the number of rogue vampires increased from about five to ten per week to about fifty per week. Families are getting more restless, afraid one of them will be the next victim of those wayward vampires or will become one themselves, as we still don't know the cause of the sudden increase of those guys."

 

"Have you tried capturing one of them and studying them? I mean, natural rogues are born from depressed as hell vampires, but how about these new ones?" "We've tried that already, actually. Caught about six or so rogues last week, but nothing unordinary came up in the results of the physical tests. We originally thought that they were given drugs, since the idea that a large number of the population suddenly became depressed at the same time is too far fetched." Baekhyun nodded slowly.

 

"But there's definitely something strange going on," Chanyeol continued, "You see, when we were interrogating this captured rogues, all of them had this...distant look in their eyes. They all look...frightened and angry - those normal rogue symptoms - but it was like they weren't there, you get what I'm sayin'?" At this, Baekhyun tilted his head, "No?" "I mean, it's like, they weren't even aware of us. It's like their mind were all in other places." "All of them?" Baekhyun quirked an eyebrow. "Yeah, all of them. Which was weird." "Definitely."

 

Another silence ensued between them as thought of the case separately.

 

"Do you miss the old times, Baek?" Chanyeol asked all of a sudden.

 

Baekhyun tilted his head up, smiling mischievously at his husband, "Well, can't say I don't miss fighting together with you, and if we're together I get less worried of your wellbeing, but Hyuk's our priority right now. Besides, I got Sehun and Irene-noona watching and taking care of your missions and needs so I guess I can rest assured."

 

His husband only hummed contentedly, kissing Baekhyun's head repeatedly. "Well, I'm also relieved that you, Soo, and Wendy decided to lay off the action. God knows how well you guys did in battles. But your idea of opening daycare for children so they won't be alone when their hunter parents go to work is really brilliant." The smaller male moved slowly, straddling his taller husband and chuckled, "Gosh, Yeol, you're so cheesy. You already said that a thousand times to us." "Really, now?" Chanyeol smirked and leaned forward to catch his husband's lips in a brief kiss, however, Baekhyun had other idea. He cupped the taller's face and deepened the kiss. Chanyeol smiled into the kiss, secretly enjoying the rare alone bonding time with his husband.

 

 

~~~

 

 

It had been a week after the first time Baekhyun vomited, but his nausea and dizziness still hadn't subsided. And so, another episode of lurching sounds could be heard from the living room bathroom at what seems to be a peaceful Saturday night. Chanyeol had the day off, and both Sehun and Irene who were visiting Baekhyun weren't even surprised when said man suddenly ran to the bathroom in the middle of the conversation, followed shortly after by his taller husband. "Oh god, stay here with Hyukkie, Sehunnie. I'll see what I can help," Irene said, giving the sleeping toddler to her boyfriend.

 

"Chanyeol," Irene called out from the door frame, "I'll take care of Baekhyun. Can you prepare the bed? I'll bring him there after this and call Yixing." "Sure, noona." "Wait, there's no need to-" Two piercing glares from his husband and his brother's girlfriend shut whatever the small former hunter had to say. When Chanyeol stood and left the bathroom, Irene walked in and crouched beside Baekhyun, rubbing his back as another batch of vomit came out of his mouth. Baekhyun had had enough. He was incapable of doing anything for a whole week, and his body grew tired easily because of his illness.

 

"Thanks, noona," Baek breathed out as Irene helped him clean up at the sink. "Don't mention it, Baek. But listen. I think I kinda got the idea of your illness. Hence why I proposed to call Yixing." Baekhyun turned to face the older woman and tilted his head confusedly.

 

"Haven't you had this kind of experience before? Vomiting nonstop, sudden dizziness, nausea, and tiredness?" Frowning, Baekhyun tried hard to remember when he had ever experienced those kind of symptoms. Then, as if on cue, Hyuk's crying voice could be heard from the bathroom, along with Sehun's faint voice of trying to soothe his nephew.

 

"No way.. Noona, you think-?" the small male's eyes widened considerably.

 

"It's just my hunch, though. That's why we have to call Yixing to make sure."

 

"But- It wasn't this bad when I was pregnant with Hyuk. Besides, I don't have any cravings right now. Before, Hyuk literally made me eat salted grape every single day. And I was..." he hesitated, feeling ashamed, but the older woman continued relentlessly. "Cranky. Super cranky, if I may add. Sehun and Chanyeol had a really hard time dealing with you at that time," Irene chuckled amusedly. Baekhyun only pouted.

 

An hour later, Yixing came with all the tools he needed to check up on patients, be it humans, vampires, of half-bloods. Sehun welcomed him at the front door and ushered him towards the master bedroom where Baekhyun was slowly dozing off.

 

"Yixing-hyung! Thank you for coming on such short notice," Chanyeol exclaimed, his face etched with panic. "Relax, dongsaeng, more importantly, what's wrong with Baekhyun?" Yixing waved him off, rushing to crouch down beside Baekhyun who was slowly waking up. "Yixing-hyung.." he mumbled, voice thick with sleepiness.

 

"He's been vomiting nonstop since a week ago, hyung, and out of nowhere he would say he's dizzy," Sehun explained, a bit flustered seeing his brother laying weakly on the bed.

 

Hearing the youngest of them explain the symptoms, Yixing directed his gaze to Irene, who nodded in return.

 

"Well, all I can say is that I'll need a bit of your blood to determine your condition, Baekhyun," Yixing said, taking out a small plastic cup and a small knife from his bag. The said male took the items and slowly cut his upper arm, letting the blood flow to the cup. When it was filled, Chanyeol took his husband's arm and slurped and the wound to heal.

 

Gifted with sensitive tounge and nose, Yixing could notice any anomaly in a person's blood, which were one of the qualifications to be a doctor in the vampire world. Carefully he inhaled the scent of Baekhyun's blood, and without hesitation the vampire sipped the blood.

 

"Well," he said after a few minutes had passed, "I guess I owe you a cup of coffee, Irene."

 

"Really?!" the said female gawked, eyes twinkling in excitement and quickly turned to face the sick male on the bed.

 

"What? What's wrong, hyung?" Chanyeol asked, confused with the behavior of his hyung and noona.

 

"Since I'm the first to notice, I think that I have the privilege to congratulate you first, dongsaengie!" she exclaimed, throwing her body to hug Baekhyun on the bed.

 

"No way..." the small male muttered, while the two tallest male in the room only watched unamusedly. "Yixing-hyung, what's wrong with Baek-hyung?" Sehun asked impatiently.

 

"Well, I am sure that pretty soon, Hyuk will have a little brother to play with," Yixing answered with a bright smile.

 

"It's a boy?!" the two people hugging on the bed exclaimed, whereas both Chanyeol and Sehun was still trying to process the information. Chanyeol was the first one to broke from his trance, a tear sliding down his cheek.

 

"Oh my god," he gaped, "are you serious, Yixing-hyung?" The doctor nodded, smiling warmly towards the taller.

 

"Oh my god," Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun who was still being hugged by Irene.

 

Seeing his husband's face, a tear fell down Baekhyun eyes too, lips forming a big smile.

 

"Oh my god," Chanyeol recited again, his lips also forming a really big grin.

 

Releasing Baekhyun from the hug, Irene scoffed and pushed Baekhyun towards Chanyeol, "God, Chanyeol, is that all you can say?"

 

Embracing his smaller husband in his arms, Chanyeol sobbed while laughing loudly, causing the others to flinch in horror. Following after, Baek also laughed while sobbing, his arms circling his taller husband's torso, burying his face in the crook of his husband's neck.

 

"Judging from your reactions," Sehun muttered silently, "I'm guessing hyung is pregnant?"

 

Yixing heard an 'ow!' from the youngest and a 'you're so slow stupid!' from Sehun's girlfriend as he packed his bag.

 

"Well then," the doctor stood, garnering the attention of his peers, "you know the drill guys. Get enough rest, Baekhyun. Since you're a half, there's no need for vitamins and such. Just feed on Chanyeol everyday, like when you were pregnant with Hyuk. Come to the clinic every month so I can keep an eye on your baby and get ready when it's close to his due time."

 

He heard a simultaneous 'Yes sir!' from the other males in the room and a thumb up from Irene. After saying their thank yous, the Parks bid Yixing goodbye, while Sehun and Irene saw the doctor off.

 

When the couple came back to the bedroom, Irene literally jumped on the half-vampire and hugged the living daylights out of him once again. "Oh my god oh my god oh my god! I'm so happy for you Baek!" she squealed, oblivious to the petting on her arms caused by the breathless pregnant male. "Noona, noona, you're crushing him," Chanyeol laughed fondly, separating Irene and Baekhyun subtlely.

 

A cough snapped their attention towards the lanky male still standing at the door frame.

 

"Well I guess, a congratulations is in order then," Sehun said monotonously. Contrary to his elder brother, he wasn't the type of person that could easily express his emotions in front of other people other than his brother, although for the past five years he had learn to open up to his girlfriend more.

 

Looking at each other, Irene and Chanyeol nodded briefly in mutual understanding, and walked out of the room with a 'we'll be outside if you need anything' to give the brothers some sibling bonding time.

 

Opening up his arms, Baekhyun motioned his little brother to come over, "Come here you brat. Give your brother a hug."

 

Wordlessly, Sehun hugged Baekhyun tight, feeling different kinds of emotions surging through him - happiness, excitement, and sadness all at once. Sensing his little brother's not so obvious anxiousness, Baekhyun hugged him tighter, petting Sehun's head in the process.

 

"If only mom and dad are here to see Hyuk and the little guy, hyung."

 

Wiping the tears running down his little brother's cheeks, Baekhyun exhaled quietly, connecting their foreheads together. "I'm sad too, brat. Mom and dad will never see them. But at least I have you, and that's more than enough for me." Wailing loudly, Sehun's arms managed to circle around Baek's neck to pull him into another bone crushing hug. Even after ten years, the younger still got emotional whenever he remembered that their parents were no longer with them.

 

"Let's visit them tomorrow hyung. Let's bring Hyuk and many flowers and tell them the news," Sehun mumbled in between sniffles.

 

"Yeah," brushing his fingers on his brother's hair, Baekhyun closed his eyes and rocked them sideways - a habit he got from calming Sehun down every time he cried ever since they were little, "let's do that."

 

After awhile, Sehun finally calmed down and resumed his indifferent facial expression again. But having grown up with the younger half-vampire, Baekhyun did not miss the anxiousness still reflected in his brother's eyes.

 

"Brat."

 

Sehun flinched.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

Realizing that it's futile to avoid his brother's questions, Sehun fisted the blanket in both his hands and stared down at his own lap, "I'm just a bit worried, hyung. I mean, seeing you having your second child, made me realize that me and Irene haven't really tied the knot, you know." Baekhyun raised his eyebrows at this, a grin slowly appearing on his face. "I actually had thought about this for a while. And um-" "Go on," the elder half-vampire prompted. "I may have bought engagement rings two weeks ago."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"Gosh hyung, chill," Sehun complained, covering his ears with his hands, "anyway, I haven't got any plan on when and how to propo-" Sehun words got stuck in his throat as he fell backwards, courtesy of his elder brother suddenly tackling him down.

 

"Oh my god my little Sehunnie finally grows up!" he coos, ruffling Sehun's hair until it formed a bird nest. "What do you mean 'little', we're only two years apart," the younger squinted his eyes unimpressedly. "So I take it," Baekhyun paid no heed to his brother's unamused expression, "you're asking me when's the right time and how to make your proposal romantic?" Again, Sehun only stared unimpressedly at his brother's wink and teasing smile.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Slurping sound was all that could be heard from the darkness of the bedroom. The light wasn't , and the only source of light illuminating a portion of the room came from the moonlight. On the king-sized bed in the middle of the room, straddling his husband, the pregnant half-vampire was drinking his daily intake of blood after two rounds of lovemaking. Slinging his arms around Chanyeol's neck, Baekhyun's teeth were embedded on his husband's neck, drinking the blood needed by their baby to grow up healthily inside Baekhyun's womb. Chanyeol's hands were resting on his smaller husband's hips, steadying him so he wouldn't fall. Not long after, the prickling sensation in his neck disappeared, and Chanyeol felt Baek's tongue the bite wound.

 

"Thanks, Yeol," he breathed beside the taller's left ear.

 

"For the blood? Or for our earlier activity?" Chanyeol chuckled, recalling the scene earlier that morning, when he just got home from work at 2 a.m. only to find his husband laying on the bed all hot and bothered because of his pregnancy hormone. He had been more than happy to indulge to Baekhyun's plea for some 'bonding activity' though. Opting to not reply to his husband's teasing, Baekhyun only lowered his body to Chanyeol's side to snuggle closer, their bodies emanating heat inside the already warm blanket. However, his plan to snuggle as close as he could to his taller husband was hindered by his own five months baby bump. Pouting, he then tried to maneuver their body so he could still snuggle to Chanyeol. Chuckling at the former hunter's quite futile attempt to snuggle to him, Chanyeol let out a snort whilst turning Baekhyun over to spoon him from the back.

 

"Now isn't this better?" he asked, kissing the tip of Baekhyun's ear and caressing his protruding belly with his hands. Chanyeol only got a contended sigh and smaller hands covering his own as his reply.

 

Sleep was slowly overtaking him when suddenly Chanyeol spoke up, "You know, we actually found the cause of those horde of vampires suddenly turning as rogues." "And?" Baek murmured sleepily, turning over to face his husband.

 

Chanyeol was quiet for a while before answering. "Their mind were manipulated. Someone put a mental illusion in their minds, possibly sad and depressing illusion."

 

On the words 'mental illusion', Baekhyun shot up, his eyes went wide, mouth gaping wide, a look of disbelief was etched on his face.

 

"But that's impossible!" he exclaimed, nearly screaming, "Only Mals can create mental illusion!" Chanyeol quickly tried to soothe his frantic husband, "We know, Baek." "Truly impossible! Cause the last Mal was-"

 

Both of them felt a lump in their throats, understanding what Baekhyun's last sentenced implied.

 

Slumping down on Chanyeol, Baekhyun proceeded to hug him tightly, receiving back a hug just as tight if not more tighter. "God, I miss him so much Yeol," he sniffled, burying his face in Chanyeol's bare chest. "Me too, Baek. Me too," his husband answered, trying hard not to cry himself.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Confusion was the most appropriate word to describe what Park Chanyeol's feeling right now. He just got home at five in the morning as he always did since the past few months since the start of rogue vampire blast case, when all of a sudden a call came in at seven telling him to get his at the office as fast as possible. Kissing his husband, his son, and his husband's belly sorry, he quickly took a bath and rushed to the office of Humans and Vampires Joint Ministry of Defense. The building was a fifty floors tall skyscraper, and his division - Rogue Vampires Extermination Division - was at the 37th floor, so he took a lift and composed himself in it. Sehun's quivering voice over the call had him running from his house - which was not to far - straight to the office, considering that his brother-in-law very rarely lost his composure.

 

When he arrived, the division office was stranded, not a single soul was in it. So he took it that the humans and half-vampires having their morning and afternoon shift were at the meeting room. True enough, walking towards the meeting room around the corner of the data room, he saw that the meeting room's neon sign was indeed signaling that there was a meeting being held. Slowly knocking on the door, he opened it and was met with some familiar faces of his fellow coworkers, although he didn't know them well, being in different work time and all. Among them, he could spot Sehun and Irene's faces, and their expression was one that sent shivers down Chanyeol's spine.

 

"Park Chanyeol, Second Class Hunter, reporting for duty, Sir," he announced, looking straight at the person standing on the podium, Chief Inspector Kim Junmyeon. "Thank you for coming on such short notice even though you just got back from work, officer. You may take a seat beside Officer Byun and Officer Bae" the pale and rather short inspector said, voice eerily morbid. Chanyeol quickly strode across the room to reach said people and sat himself confusedly.

 

"The purpose of this meeting, officer," the Chief Inspector continued, "is to inform a lead about the recent rogue blast case. Before you question why you're not informed later at the evening meeting with your fellow vampire and other half-blood officers, I will tell you that the decision to call you here right now was highly recommended by Officer Byun and Officer Bae. And frankly, I agree with their opinion, since this lead is highly related to you and former Officer Byun."

 

Hearing his spouse's name being mentioned, Chanyeol's eyes widen and he turned to his brother-in-law and his four months fiancee confusedly.

 

"They found a picture of the vampire suspected to be the caster of the mental illusion," Sehun answered, not quite meeting the taller's gaze.

 

"I warn you," Junmyeon's voice pulled Chanyeol out of his reverie, and he turned his gaze towards the front again, "that this might shock you greatly. But we need to confirm some facts." Gulping, Chanyeol only nodded, not quite knowing what to say.

 

The operator then clicks on a button on the laptop, and a picture appeared on the screen at the front of the meeting room.

 

Seeing the picture, Chanyeol abruptly stood up, his whole body trembling hard, and he felt breathing significantly harder.

 

"Hyung, calm down," he could faintly hear Sehun's voice trying to calm him and saw both Irene and Sehun trying to get him back to sit. "It's okay, Chanyeol. Breath," Irene instructed, rubbing his back patiently. Meanwhile, he saw almost all of the people in the room looking at him sympathetically and some of the new recruits only looked at each other in confusion.

 

"So? What's your opinion, Officer Park?"

 

"That's impossible!" he almost screamed the sentence, feeling tears starting to prick his eyes while Sehun still trying to calm him down. "I thought so too," the chief inspector replied, "I thought that this picture is some hunters' idea of a sick joke or that side's idea of a joke. But unfortunately, Officer Kim Yerim here had actually engaged in combat with him, and managed to graze his face. She said that he was bleeding, so I recon that that is no mask, Officer Park."

 

Gulping hard, Chanyeol averted his gaze from the chief inspector to the picture at the screen. It wasn't actually high definition and was rather blurry, but Chanyeol would recognize that stature anywhere. Not to mention the curl of the corner of his feline-like-lips, his curly brown hair, and defined cheekbones.

 

Chanyeol was about to shout something about the impossibility of the picture again when a girl suddenly shot out her hand, gaining the attention of the whole room.

 

"Kim Yerim, third class hunter, asking permission to ask, Sir!" "Granted. Shoot your question."

 

"I am sorry if I may seem unprofessional, but I do believe I'm speaking on behalf all of us new recruits, that we don't really fully understand about the matter at hand. We don't really have the knowledge of these Mals and we also don't know the man in the picture, while all of our seniors seem to recognize him."

 

"If I may, Chief Inspector?," Irene stood up, offering to explain the situation. With a nod from Junmyeon, Irene faced the younger and explained slowly, "As you all know, last month we found that the cause of the increasing number of rogues is because of mental illusion. Mental illusion is an illusion implanted in someone's mind, so it will feel like they're having a continuous nightmare, one they can't wake up to if the caster don't remove the illusion. Another fact that is seem to not be given to you new recruits during training is about Mals. I do think this is understandable though, seeing that they are already extinct."

 

Chanyeol flinched at the word 'extinct'.

 

"Mal was a rare species of vampire originating from France," Irene continued. "They were the only vampires possessing the power to cast mental illusion. Hundred years ago, the people - humans and vampires alike - believed that the power was a curse from god, hence the name Mal - which meant 'evil' in French. That person there," she motioned to the man standing bloodied in the picture, "is former Officer Kim Jongdae, the last descentdant of Mal in the world. He was a rogue hunter like us, working on night shifts with his best friends who were like family to him, Officer Park and former Officer Byun." The new recruits stared wide eyed in the trio's direction upon hearing the information. "He suddenly went missing on summer six years ago. Many hunter were on the move to locate him. Three months after his disappearance, he appeared in front of Officer Park and former Officer Byun only to suddenly explode into pieces. There were no evidence and lead to what actually happened and the case was eventually closed."

 

The room fell into heavy silence for a long while until Junmyeon cleared his throat and faced Chanyeol.

 

"I will ask you several question, Officer Park. Were you and former Officer Byun a hundred percent sure that he di- passed away? And did anything happen before his disappearance?"

 

Seeing the look on Chanyeol's face almost made the chief inspector felt bad for uttering the question, but he had a case to solve.

 

"We are a hundred percent sure, Sir," he answered at last, "We were even splattered with his blood and remnants." Everybody trembled at the image. "As for any anomaly before his disappearance, I can only think of one thing. A week before he disappeared, his mother was killed by a rogue hunter. Both the rogue and the hunter in charge of patrolling the area were killed in a fight to death. We found the news an hour after the incident."

 

Nodding, the chief inspector gave him a grateful look before announcing their plan, "We still don't have any firm proof that the man Officer Kim encountered was indeed former Officer Kim Jongdae, hence I ask all of the hunter here to be highly alert. If there's any sighting of him anywhere, give notice to headquarters before chasing him so we can send more people to back you up. Beware of any oddity when you're chasing down rogues. This information will be announced at the evening meeting also. Meeting adjourned."

 

One by one, the hunters left the meeting room, leaving only Chanyeol, Sehun, Irene, and Junmyeon in it. Junmyeon walked towards the trio and firmly placed a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder.

 

"I know it's hard. Heck I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now. All I can say is please be strong. For yourself and those around you," Junmyeon uttered with utmost sincerity. "Thank you, chief. I will remember that." With a nod towards the trio, he left the meeting room shortly after.

 

Sehun and Irene dropped Chanyeol in front of his house, not fully trusting the tall male to walk back home alone.

 

"So uhh... Thank you for dropping me home, guys. You wanna get in?" he asked awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. Irene shook her head slowly, "We got an appointment with the wedding organizer after this. Sorry, Yeol." "Will you tell hyung, Chan-hyung?" Sehun asked suddenly, "about Jongdae-hyung I mean." "No," he answered after a while, "Baek's pregnant, I don't want to risk him having a miscarriage because he's stressed over this matter. Not until it's settled, at least." Nodding in understanding, the soon to be husband and wife bid their farewell, leaving Chanyeol composing himself in front of the door so he wouldn't look like the world just crumbled on top of him. Since it was Saturday, both Baekhyun and Hyuk weren't at the daycare, so he had to look like he's fine, even though his mind's a total mess. After deeming himself presentable enough to not arise any suspicion from his smaller husband, he opened the door with the key and proceeded inside.

 

An excited squeal welcomed him, and few seconds later, Hyuk came running onto him and latched his little body to his father's legs. "Welcome home, daddy!" "Good to be home the second time today, kiddo," he cooed, lifting his son up and peppering him with kisses. "An emergency meeting?" Baekhyun asked, walking slowly toward the front door, rubbing his six months baby bump soothingly, "you were only gone for like... two hours?"

 

"Yeah," he answered, averting his gaze elsewhere while hugging both his husband and son, "nothing really related to me, though." "Okay," the smaller hummed, "come join us in the living room for a while before you go back to sleep?" "Come, daddy, come!" "Okay, okay," Chanyeol chuckled, "not like I will be able to go back to sleep anyway."

 

Squirming to get down from his taller father's hold, Hyuk proceeded to grab Chanyeol's hands to usher him to the living room.

 

"By the way, dad, tell me more about Uncle Jongdae!"

 

Chanyeol abruptly stopped, his blood running cold as he faced his husband, face asking for explanation.

 

"I was showing him our photo album from the time we were dating, Yeol," Baekhyun smiled fondly, "and you know how Dae's in almost all of our pictures."

 

"Oh."

 

Suppressing the dread pooling inside his heart, Chanyeol followed his family back to the living room where true enough, a lot of kld photo albums were scattered on the carpet in front of the sofa facing the television. Sitting down, he helped Baekhyun sat on his lap slowly, while Hyuk took one of the albums and showed a picture of him, Baekhyun, and Jongdae in trainee hunter uniforms, face dirty with mud but with wide smiles on their faces.

 

"I like this picture so much, dad! Appa! When was this?" "Ah," Chanyeol mused, taking the album from his son, " this is from our last day training as a hunter. At that time, dad was not dating your appa yet."

 

Turning his attention from Chanyeol to Baekhyun, Hyuk petted his protruding belly to gain the attention of his smaller father. "Appa, you promised to tell me how you and dad and Uncle Jongdae met after dad came home." "Well... We met at our first day at training.. You know how I only have one brother - your Uncle Sehun - and that I used to work at night while Uncle Sehun worked at day?" Hyuk nodded excitedly in reply. "Well I was separated with your uncle and I was so lonely because my parents and your uncle lived far away from the academy. I was so sad, Hyukkie. But then I became friends with your daddy and Uncle Jongdae, so I wasn't sad anymore." "Awww," the tiny vampire cooed, burying his face in his appa's belly. "You hear that, baby? Appa is happy because he met our dad." Seeing the blush on his husband's cheeks, Chanyeol laughed happily and ruffled his son's hair lovingly.

 

"Anyway!" Baekhyun uttered rather loudly, "the three of us became best friends then. And because your daddy didn't have parents anymore, and mine passed away about two years after I enrolled - that was at the same time your uncle also started at the academy, and even then I could only meet your uncle once a week because we have different schedules, having different work shift and all - the three of us were always together, and we became sort of like brothers." Hyuk blinked his big eyes at his parents, "Brothers like appa and Uncle Sehun or me and baby?" "Sort of like that, but not connected by blood," Chanyeol answered warmly. "Oh so cool! I want to have best friends too when I'm older!"

 

In the midst of cooing their adorable son, both Baekhyun and Chanyeol were taken aback when Hyuk asked a 'Then, where's Uncle Jongdae now?"

 

"Uncle Jongdae passed away, son. Awhile before you were born."

 

Looking up with glassy eyes, Hyuk suddenly hugged both his parents and tried to cradle their heads, although he failed quite miserably.

 

"Don't cry, dad, appa. I'm sure Uncle Jongdae loves you very much."

 

Baekhyun held Hyuk tighter, while Chanyeol got out of his son's arms to hug both Baek and Hyuk.

 

"My baby boy is growing up! I'm so proud of you! Where did you learn to say that?" Chanyeol asked curiously, face glowing with pride. "Whenever I ask about why I don't have grandfathers or grandmothers like some of my friends, appa always says that my grandfathers and grandmothers wherever they are always love me so I don't need to feel sad."

 

Holding back a sob, Chanyeol hugged his family tighter, feeling proud of them. "I'm sure Uncle Jongdae loves you and your little brother too, Hyuk. Very much."

 

 

~~~

 

 

It was a month later that Chanyeol, Sehun, and Irene managed to get a simultaneous day off. The family decided to take a walk around the park to take a break from the bustle of Sehun and Irene's upcoming wedding - which was to be held three months after Baekhyun's due date - and the mayhem that was the rogue case. After eating their lunch at a family diner, the five of them continued to walk around the park - Chanyeol holding Baekhyun's arms and waist to ease him in his walk, considering his belly had gotten quite big, Sehun and Irene each holding a hand of Hyuk, listening to his rambling about what he would do with his little brother after he was born, and urging Irene to get pregnant too, so they can have a cousin to play with. Both the soon to be husband and wife blushed profusely at the little vampire's innocent plea.

 

The sun was getting down when suddenly the four adults stiffened, ears trying hard to catch any kind of noise - which was quite an easy feat, seeing that the park was fairly deserted during that moment because the majority of the townsfolk preferred to stay at home at night these days, afraid to run into a rogue.

 

"What's wrong, Uncle? Auntie?" Hyuk asked cautiously, noticing the tension between the adults. Sehun put his index finger on his lips, silently telling Hyuk to be quiet. The toddlers understood instantly and pursed his lips, still looking around confusedly. Then, a rustling sound was heard around them, and ten hunched figures emerged from the trees surrounding them. Three of them were women and the rest were men. All of them had a lost look in their eyes, and their fangs were all protruding dangerously. At that moment, Baekhyun understood what his husband had meant months ago. The rogues looked as if they were there and not there at the same time. They were looking at the family's direction, but at the same time they looked like they're staring at a different scene entirely. The figures weren't doing anything, only standing on their places, looking at the family silently. Slowly, Baekhyun and Chanyeol scooted closer to the other three.

 

"Yeol, I know you always bring two guns. Give one to me," the pregnant male whispered, hands gripping his five years old son's shoulders tightly. Knowing that his husband had the skill to use it even though he retired years ago and acknowledging that it would be hard to protect all of them at once, what with a child and a preggo among them, Chanyeol complied to his husband's request. As he took out his guns and gave on of them to the elder half-vampire, both Sehun and Irene also took out their guns.

 

Putting two and two together, Hyuk whispered cautiously to Irene, "Auntie, are they...rogue vampires?" "Yes, they are, Hyukkie. Don't let go of my hand no matter what happens, do you understand?" she replied, free hand clasping the vampire child's tightly.

 

"I'll take the front, Sehun take the back, and both of you the sides. Our first priority here is Hyuk and Baek's safety. On the count of three, run to the left and into that footpath," Chanyeol instructed, and was replied with four nods, including his son's. Seeing that the rogues were finally slowly advancing, Chanyeol began the countdown, and when he shouted 'three!', both him and Irene fired the gun at two of the rogues at the left side to clear the path. Irene's bullet hit the rogue right at its heart, but Chanyeol's target had better reflex, the bullet was planted in its right arm. Chanyeol shot every rogue walking closer to them, but none of them were fatal, since he was busy looking back and forth to search for any potential way out and look out for his pregnant husband and son. Irene half dragged an already running Hyuk, prompting him to run faster, at the same time ensuring that her pregnant soon to be brother-in-law could run also. Both she and Baekhyun protected each other's backs, shooting whoever it was coming close to them, at the same time covering Hyuk from the grueling sight around him. Sehun shot whomever got close enough to their perimeter, his shots the most accurate since his front and flanks were already cleared. But, as he shot at the last three rogues chasing them, he caught sight of rapid movements from the corner of his eyes. Realizing what he was seeing, he shouted frantically, "There're more of them incoming from the sides! We have to go to a safe place and call backup!"

 

"How many?!" Chanyeol from the front exclaimed.

 

"About another twenty of them!" "Twenty!" Baekhyun and Irene exclaimed, both had seen the incoming rogues also.

 

"! Go right after the clearing! There's should be a warehouse or something that can hold off them while we call for backup!"

 

Chanyeol hurriedly slowed down and picked his pregnant husband up, carrying him bridal style to avoid him exerting his energy by running and harming his baby. Sehun proceeded to carry Hyuk in his arms while Irene took Baek's gun, shooting the rogues behind them. Turning right, they were met with the entrance of the city forest, and from afar, they could see the roof of said warehouse.

"It's impossible, Hyung!" Sehun exclaimed, "It's the forest! There are trees everywhere! It's their playground! We won't make it there with only Irene covering for us!" "Give Hyuk to me and Baek! I'll carry them both while you help noona so we can reach that goddamn warehouse!" Chanyeol shouted over his shoulder. Catching up with his brother-in-law, Sehun dropped Hyuk on his brother's arms while running slowly. "You sure you can carry them both, Hyung?" "Just go!"

 

Without needing to be told twice, Sehun turned around, shooting rogues that had managed to escape Irene's shooting range. From the corner of his eyes, he could see his fiancee fumbling for something inside her pocket. Unfocused, a rogue suddenly jumped into her, its fangs almost piercing her neck if Sehun didn't shoot it down first.

 

"What're you doing, Irene!" he shouted, both hands not stopping shooting down rogues that appeared on both his and Irene's sides. "Calling for backup! The faster headquarters know about our situation, the better!" she shouted back, one hand shooting down rogues, the other pressing speed dial number four.

 

"Give it to me, noona!" Baekhyun shouted from the front, reaching out his arm over his husband's shoulder to take the phone. Fortunately for them, the headquarters picked up almost immediately, and Baekhyun was greeted by the sound of the division receptionist, Kang Seulgi.

 

"Ms. Kang! This is former Officer Byun! Right now me, Officer Park, Officer Byun, and Officer Bae are in a dire situation! More than twenty rouges chasing us! Our location is at the west forest, we're heading towards the warehouse in the clearing of the forest! Please send backup immediately! There's a child here!" he said rapidly, and after receiving a confirmation that backup would be sent as soon as possible, he hung up the call.

 

After another seven hundred meters of running, they finally reached the warehouse. Chanyeol quickly dropped Baekhyun and Hyuk down, trying to open the entrance door.

 

"Damn! It's locked and wont budge!"

 

Within seconds, about ten of the remaining rogues were already circling them. The family huddled closer again, and Irene gave Baek back his gun.

 

A number of them suddenly marched forward, and the adults were soon engaged in close combat with the rogues. Baekhyun was having a hard time fighting, as he tried to shoot while hiding Hyuk behind his back. A female rogue suddenly leaped over, tackling Hyuk to the ground. Baekhyun was torn. If he shot the rogue at its heart or head, there's a high chance that the bullet would go through and would hurt his son. Opting for the best action at the moment, he shot its right arm, hoping that it would stumble down. But no such thing happened. Instead, it only lowered its head, fangs baring right over his neck.

 

"Hyuk!" screaming, Baekhyun lunged himself at the rogue, knocking it over the side and embraced an already crying Hyuk in his arms even though he had difficulties moving because of his belly. But the rogue was not knocked over long, as it was already marching towards them again. Baekhyun could only hug Hyuk tighter and covered him with his back, when suddenly the rogue began screaming. Following soon after, the other rogues began screaming also, a high pitch scream that literally hurt their ears.

 

While Chanyeol and the others covered their ears, a male rogue jumped forward towards Irene while still screaming, but was suddenly shot at the back of its head from somewhere beside the warehouse. The family was left utterly dumbfounded when the horde of rogues stopped screaming, but opting to crying instead. Chanyeol, Sehun, and Irene could only blink when the rogues one by one stepped back and walked towards the side of the warehouse - still sobbing and crying their hearts out.

 

"What in the name of- What the hell's happening?!" Sehun exclaimed, thoroughly confused. With careful steps, the five of them moved to peek at the side of the warehouse, and what they saw was something that they never expected to happen.

 

Surrounded by the rogues, a figure stood, shoulders slouched and he looked like he was scolding and uttering profanities at the rogues. Somewhere in the back of Chanyeol's mind, he had a very bad feeling about the figure standing in the center of the rogues. He suddenly remembered the meeting they had a month prior, and he felt dread pooling in his stomach once again.

 

"Noona," Chanyeol whispered, "please stay here with Baek and Hyuk. Me and Sehun will go look closer." Irene nodded, but just as both Chanyeol and Sehun were about to move out, Baekhyun grasped their wrists and whispered madly, "Are you insane?! There are eleven of them now, and you want to go there with just the two of you?!"

 

"Hyung," this time, it's Sehun talking to him, and his voice was oddly trembling a little. That rarely happened, Baekhyun thought. "We got to go there. Trust us. We'll be fine."

 

Looking at the determined look on his brother's face, Baekhyun slowly drew his hands back, and sent the two of them a solemn nod.

 

Holding their breaths, Sehun and Chanyeol carefully stepped around the corner, looking at the figure still slouching its shoulder and scolding the rogues. Looking at the figure closely, Chanyeol noticed that it was a man, and he was about the same height as his small husband. He had brown curly locks, and the way his arms kept flailing about while scolding the rogues suddenly triggered a memory inside Chanyeol's mind, and unconsciously he exhaled a soft "Jongdae?"

 

The man suddenly stiffened, and the horde of rogues turned towards the two of them.

 

"," Sehun muttered.

 

But when they were getting ready to get jumped at by the mass of rogues, the figure suddenly whispered a broken, "Chanyeol?" and the rogues stopped whatever movements they were making.

 

Suddenly feeling brave, Chanyeol stepped out of his hiding place and walked towars the mass of rogues slowly, not hearing his brother-in-law's desperate callings.

 

Finally seeing the man from up close, Chanyeol could only stare at the man blankly, face void of any expression, whilst the man himself looked like the world just collapsed at him.

 

"Jongdae? How-" he uttered, still breathless.

 

On the other side of the wall, Baekhyun was feeling very anxious of the lack of sound coming from Chanyeol and Sehun's direction. When he oh so slowly went to peek, he was very shocked to see his husband standing right in front of the rogues, hands limp on either side of his body. Then he realized that Chanyeol's looking at the direction of the figure, and when he saw the figure and heard him say a soft and broken "You're finally here," from the figure, his eyes widened considerably and his hands automatically clasped on his mouth.

 

He waited no time to come out and jog towards the mass and join his husband.

 

The petite half-vampire felt a tear flowing out his eyes when he saw the man standing at the center of the rogues.

 

"Baekhyun?" the man muttered, and Baekhyun could only whispered a cracked "Jongdae?" at him.

 

Both Irene and Sehun used this chance to shoot down the remaining ten rogues, and proceeded to join the Parks at the center. Hyuk followed closely, eyes widening when he saw the man he had only seen in pictures all this time.

 

The long time best friends broke down at the same time, and they all ran to meet the other halfway, hugging each other tightly and were reduced to three sobbing messes. Baekhyun was the first one to broke out of his trance. He cupped Jongdae's face and mumbled between his sniffles, "How? Why? We thought you were dead!" Chanyeol then tried to hold his tears back, facing the other two with confused gaze.

 

"I- I'm sorry- I'm sorry, you guys," Jongdae replied, his voice cracking at the end, "I wasn't actually dead! I'm sorry for deceiving you!"

 

Seeing that his hyungs wouldn't make any progress with the questioning if all of them were still crying, Sehun decided to step forward and separated the wedded couple from their supposedly dead best friend.

 

"What is going on, Jongdae-hyung?!" he exclaimed, "Why are you here? How are you here?! Both Baek-hyung and Chan-hyung saw you exploded! They mourned for you for weeks! I mourned for you for weeks! We all did! How will you explain this!"

 

Seeing the younger half-vampire, Jongdae seemed to collect his composure again, and faced the five of them with stern expression.

 

"Do you remember my mother's death awhile after your marriage?" he asked, facing towards his best friends. Baekhyun hiccupped and nodded. "Truthfully speaking. I was devastated. Hell, we was devastated. But I couldn't really take it. That night when you guys announced my disappearance, I actually turned into a rogue vampire."

 

The four other adult's eyes widened considerably, not believing the words that came out of the former hunter's mouth.

 

"I think I went berserk and roamed around for a few days, until I met this guy in the woods next town. He was a scientist, and he gave me antidotes to turn back into a normal vampire again." "You can turn back after being a rogue?!" Irene half-shouted, "But none of the experiments we had done proved that a rogue can turn back to normal again!"

 

"I don't know how he did it, noona," Jongdae answered patiently. "But, I was very dependant on it. Regaining my sanity only to know that I had become one of the creature that I had been killing was not nice," he finished with a sad smile. "I asked for the potion recipe, but he refused to give it. Furthermore, I then found out that the effects of the potion was only for a short while. He said that he would give it to me if I agree to execute my mental illusion on some vampires to turn them into rogues. Mind you, my mind was not in the right place at the moment so I agreed. Remember when the number of rogues suddenly went up drastically for a while? That was our doing. But then the ministry was on us, so he opted to tune down the rogue-turning a bit." He stopped for a while, turning towards Hyuk to give him a small feline-like smile. "Well, he then told me that I had become a criminal like him, and instructed me to fake my death. It was done with the help of his experiments. The body that exploded six years ago was a rogue, made to look like me."

 

"ing hell," Chanyeol muttered, rubbing his eyes off tears, "Do you know how me and Baek felt at that moment?! To see our brother explode just like that in front of our eyes?!"

 

Jongdae averted his gaze elsewhere, and he continued as if Chanyeol didn't just burst out and Baek didn't look so scandalized. "Last year, I finally could hold back my rogue instincts, and I actually had enough of following his orders. So I did the only thing I deemed right. I killed him and burned down the house and lab. I wanted to return to you guys but it was just not possible and I didn't know what to do. I only wished to die, but I'm to coward to kill myself."

 

This time, Baekhyun's was the one breaking down, dropping down to the ground to wail loudly, making his son panicked and tried to soothe him to no avail.

 

"Then I decided to do the thing I had been doing the past years. I turned vampires into rogues. In massive numbers. Hoping the ministry will catch me and end my life."

 

The whole area was silent for a long time, except for Baekhyun's cries.

 

From afar, they could hear the sound of engine roaring and footsteps rapidly running through the forest.

 

"It's backup, isn't it?" Jongdae asked, smiling sadly. "Please kill me. It wasn't in my plan to meet you guys but after this," he motioned towards the whole of them, "I kinda want my life to end at your hands."

 

Sehun and Irene looked at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who were shaking their heads furiously.

 

"What are you saying, moron!" Baekhyun finally shouted. "You are-" his breath got caught in his throat, "You are our brother! We will not kill you!"

 

"Please reconsider this, Jongdae! Don't just appear in our life just to leave for the second time!" Chanyeol wailed.

 

"I am happy."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I had actually been watching you guys for quite some time. I'm very happy that you are living happily. The only regret I feel is that I won't be able to interact with little Hyuk and your baby."

 

Jongdae took out a gun from his back pocket, aiming it on his own jaw.

 

"Jongdae, stop-"

 

"I love you guys so so much, Baekhyun, Chanyeol. Please live happily always. And I love you too, Hyuk. Please take care of your parents for me? And please look away after this?" he asked, smiling fondly at the toddler hugging his appa's waist.

 

"You know, Uncle Jongdae," Hyuk suddenly said, catching the attention of the other adults at place, "My appa and daddy love you so much. And they say that you love us too. I don't really understand what's going on but I love you too, uncle. For being with my parents all this time."

 

Jongdae gave a small smile and said, "Thank you," before pulling the trigger.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun both screamed, running towards their fallen friend, while Irene hugged Hyuk tightly, averting him from the bloody scene in front of them.

 

Even after the back up arrived, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were still screaming and crying their lungs out, hugging the dead body of their best friend like there's no tomorrow.

 

 

~~~

 

 

A knock on the door pulled Irene out of his reverie, and when she looked up, she saw her soon to be brother-in-law smiling at him while cradling a baby in his arms.

 

"It's time noona," Baekhyun said, offering his arm for the bride.

 

The walk to the altar was quiet, and not long after, both Sehun and Irene said their vows and 'I do's. After the kiss, the newlyweds walked towards their brother and brother-in-laws.

 

"It's a very great and touching celebration, you two," Chanyeol said warmly, petting Sehun's brother. "Welcome to the family, Irene," Baekhyun said happily.

 

"Thank you, Baek. I look forward to our future adventures with you guys and little Hyuk and little Dae here," Irene smiled fondly, kissing her six year old nephew and newborn baby with love.

 

Three months ago, Baekhyun went into early labor caused by continuous stress from the rogue incident. Some complication happened during the labor that had the whole family worried to death. After the labor, the half-vampire was unconscious for four days before waking up to see that the boy he gave birth to already had a name. Hyuk, the very happy big brother decided to name him with their late uncle's name, 'Dae', with the wish that he would forever love and be loved by his family. And true to his name, little Dae gave his family much happiness that they were finally able to move on from Jongdae's death and live happily, just like his final wish.

 

Fin

 

 

 

 

Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it! -Raven-