Part 1

All I Need is a...

Sanghyuk wakes up with a heavy headache, he keeps groaning in his sleep, and asking for water not knowing wherever he is. The air is so different, with a lavender scented surrounding, Sanghyuk can;t remember when was the last time he sprayed air freshener in his room. And if he does, lavender would be the last choice though. Sleepily, he rubs his eyes and tries to recalled back where was he actually instead of waking up in his own small bedroom. This place is rather bigger than his house, all white walls but the soft brown comforter makes the room looks more aesthetics in Sanghyuk's little opinion. He looks around, wondering if there's anything that related to the owner of the room, but no. He barely can tell where is he actually, until he smell something was burnt outside.

His headache isn't a joke, but Sanghyuk prioritize his safety more. Luckily he still has his clothes on his body, so he got no trouble to get up from the bed. Sanghyuk starts to move his feet to where the smell led him, until he saw the appearance of someone in black locks, white loose shirts and a pair of extremely short shorts, currently talking on the phone. His hand is very busy stirring something and his voice laced with worriness over the burnt soup, Sanghyuk supposed. ", then don't help if you only wanted to nag. I'm hanging up!" the said male finally cut off the call and slams his phone on the counter, until then he noticed Sanghyuk's big body at the kitchen entrance frame. Well, its not that hard to notice the grumpy face with a huge body, standing up straight and stare.

"Oh, you're awake! I've prepared the spare toothbrush and towel you can use in the bathroom. I'll prepare the hungover soup for you since you were hella wasted last night," the stranger ushers him to the bathroom, but Sanghyuk is just too stubborn to budge.

"I'm sorry but I don't know who you are. I have to go and thankyou for the hospitality," Sanghyuk bows down a little and about to take a leave until he heard the stranger mentioned someone's name that he longed for. 

"Hongbin, huh. So, you're his trashy exboyfriend? You're not that bad," the tanned stranger leans against the wall, crossing his arms. The smile on his face won't go away even when he saw the piercing glare from the male that he learnt his name as Sanghyuk. When did he know? It was last night, the tall blonde keep weeping in his arms, pointing at the lovey dovey couple. The former knew them so much as Taekwoon is his bestfriend and of course he knows that Hongbin is his boyfriend but he didn't expected for Sanghyuk the drunk but hot guy is his ex. What a small world and he think that he started to take a liking on this man.

Still in their own staring contest, he doesn't want to make the useless thing longer. Yet he extended his hands to the taller man, introduced himself as Hakyeon, his last night savior. "What are you saving me from? And we're not close enough for a handshake," Hakyeon pull back his hand upon the rude reaction he received. Well, he's this kind of , maybe Hongbin did a right thing of dumping the latter. 

"Hm maybe you can say I'm too close with your exboyfriend. He's my photographer, I'm a model and Taekwoon is a soccer player, my bestfriend and you're a student living under the custody of Hongbin being your sugar daddy but now you're broke as hell and doing a part-time model to support your life. Interesting, isn't it?" Hakyeon's long explanation has brought Sanghyuk to the deep down of embarrassment until he need to look somewhere else but Hakyeon's face.

Well then, the elder is not that much of a bad person. He still push Sanghyuk back into the bathroom and wait from him to back on the road so they can have breakfast rather peaceful manner, not wanting to bite of each other. About Hakyeon's hangover soup, let's just say he cook a ramyun for Sanghyuk with kimchi since that was the only thing he know to do and pancakes for him. Few minutes of waiting the younger male out of the shower, Sanghyuk finally walks to the kitchen and found Hakyeon already seated, currently playing with his phone. "Why did you brought me to your place? You should have dump me at the roadside though. I'm not worth to be save at all," Sanghyuk mumbles the last word, which Hakyeon found there's a thread of resentment.

Sighing, he push the ramyun bowl to the younger and ushers him to have a mouthful first before they talk. Sanghyuk did as he told, the taste might be a bit weird but its food anyway. "Taekwoon and Hongbin doesn't know I brought you home. And I don't know you're his ex before you cried telling how much you regret doing that to Hongbin. Anyway, I bring you here because you're cute," what a straightforward reason, Sanghyuk almost chokes the ramyun soup. "You see, both of them are so happy and I don't like the idea if you're going to ruin their happiness," Hakyeon shoots down, once again making Sanghyuk to cough out of the soup.

"I'm not that such a bastard. I did wrong anyway and I don't deserve Hongbin. Plus, if Taekwoon can take care of him better than I do, why not? He deserves the bliss in life and love though," its time for the younger to explain, resulting Hakyeon to nod a little.

"Well, who knows. I'm just telling you as a warning. If you tried to do something at them, I can do what I can to get rid of you from modelling, just so you know," the smile drawn on Hakyeon's face might be sweet. But Sanghyuk can tell that the latter who hesitated to do that since he saw the picture of Hakyeon and Taekwoon at the living room just know. Both of them are too close, if not he must won't hang the frame on the wall. 

 

...

 

They meet for mostly once a week, Sanghyuk has gotten used to see Hakyeon at his workplace and sometimes Hakyeon would drag Hongbin along too (Sanghyuk assumed he only wanted to test the water) but Sanghyuk only gives him a small smile, when their eyes met. But, to be frank Sanghyuk has become closer with Hakyeon in the meant of time since the elder took care of him like giving him the water to drink, randomly sling his arms around his shoulder like a good friends. And they had exchange their phone numbers and Sanghyuk may or may not, texting with him almost every night. Its a like a routine of him to tell Hakyeon his day, his modelling schedule and was his partner doing it right or not. He enjoy the latter's company until one day they decided to have a video call.

That escalated quickly, Sanghyuk think. But he found no problem with him at all. Hakyeon is lovely, he's a nice person, always giving him advices in what should he do in his job or not. No matter how many times Hakyeon brought Hongbin along to their photoshoot, Sanghyuk's eyes now only aimed at one person with a glowing tanned skin, a bit shorter than Hongbin yet he has a nice figures. Truth to be told, Hakyeon is far away from Sanghyuk's ideal type. He might have a nice bodyline and beautiful face, but Sanghyuk doesn't like someone is being too loud, too motherly and always nagging. Hongbin is that all, except for being too loud. Hongbin is calm and always fine. But Hakyeon would always said if something is wrong, then it is wrong. Nonetheless, he found those characters in Hakyeon's lovely. Its nice to listen when Hakyeon is nagging on their phone call, to listen Hakyeon nags when he didn't eat and neglected his studies. 

One day, Sanghyuk dare enough to ask if Hakyeon wanted to have dinner with him since its the day of him received his payment. Normally, he would spend the money on drinking alone and got drunk, but when Hakyeon appeared in his life, he changed him. Hakyeon changed him to be someone that is more neat, he stop drinking all the time, his life has become more colourful after his breakup with Hongbin. He purposely dressing up just for tonight's dinner at the expensive restaurant, which he already made a reservation.

"Sanghyuk?" the name owner turn his body immediately after he heard the soft voice calling out his name. Hakyeon looks wonderful, even with only simple white tee and black shorts. He suddenly feel embarrassed since he didn't know Sanghyuk would wear something so different than him. "Yah, isn't this too expensive even you wanted to treat me? Do you have enough money?" worried, Hakyeon whispered when he saw the waiter already walking towards them. 

"Don't worry, hyung. You can eat whatever you want today. Beside I have something to say to you," they stop talking for a while, telling the waiter about their orders. 

"What is it? Do you need any help?" Hakyeon becomes concern since Sanghyuk never looking this serious before, except when they met for the first time. Hakyeon realized this guy seated in front of him is just like a normal young adult who is a ball of fluff and adorable. So, he just a bit weird when Sanghyuk changes his voice from a normal cutesy to a loud sigh from his mouth.

"Hyung, I know this might be too quick. But, I don't know.... well, I know I did horrible things when I was in relationship with Hongbin before. I cheated, I messed up, I basically was too immature and only think about my ownself. But when I meet you, I feel something different. The desire of me wanted to become a better person has flooded. I always come home early, I rarely hang out with useless friends that I thought they were friends. I didn't drink as much as I used to, I feel.... no, I'm sure you changed me the way I am right now," Sanghyuk paused as Hakyeon stop him from talking. 

"Wa- wait, Hyuk-ah.. what are you trying to say... I-"

"Then, don't cut me off. I wanted to say that I fall for you. I like you, and I wanted you to give me a chance to be a better man. I wanted to cherish you for all my life and wanted to spoil you with everything. If you can give me the chance, I wanted to asked you if you want to be my boyfriend?" Sanghyuk smoothly confessed, as if he's reading a script before his eyes. But, his confession made Hakyeon to suddenly break into a laughter. Hakyeon chuckles, not wanting how to react about Sanghyuk.

He stares at the younger with a smile on his face. Hakyeon likes Sanghyuk like this, bold and always straightforward. Both of them can become a great team if they paired up for something. "Well, I found you first when you cried because of Hongbin. Say, its almost two months we know each other, aren't we?" Sanghyuk nods, admitting the one month of life changing experience.

In the two month time, Sanghyuk has receieved so many modeelling offer which he believed he need to thank Hakyeon for that. His charismatic face has caught the eyes of photographers, magazines wanted to featured with him, fashion designers are after him for runaway. Whenever both of them happened to be at the same event, Hakyeon would always winked at him which Sanghyuk understand something might have gone under his doings. Sanghyuk has heard quite so many compliments about him and he can't help but to like it. If before this, he worked part time model only to support his livings, but now its a part of his life and he grew fond of it. All thanks to Hakyeon and so, he comes up with the idea of taking the elder out for a fancy dinner. 

"Okay look, I'm not saying that I reject you. But, you know like you said you cheated, you messed up and such, how can I be so sure that you will take care of my heart if I give you?" Hakyeon looks at him with a soft eyes. "Everyone can say they love me when I help them. And what you feel right now, is not love. You're indebted to me," 

"No, hyung! I mean, I do feel thankful that you're always around to help me, but somehow the feelings for you bloom when we started to stay in contact. When you always called me in the night only to ask how was I doing, despite of me being an to your friend before. I can feel that you care for me. Give me a chance, hyung. That's all I need and I promised I won't let you down. I promise," Sanghyuk pleads, as he saw the glimpse of doubt all over Hakyeon's face.

 

...

 

For the first week of Sanghyuk's confession, Hakyeon wasn't fully give him the right answer as what he wanted to see is actually the effort of Sanghyuk. What he will do in order to win over Hakyeon's heart. They still exchanging texts and late night calls but what makes it different now is the way Sanghyuk treated Hakyeon. It was vice versa. If before Hakyeon asked Sanghyuk how was he doing and he shows the caring side of him towards Sanghyuk, this time Sanghyuk without tired, he keeps checking if Hakyeon had his food regularly and get enough sleep or not. Recently, Hakyeon need to go for a diet and he need to lose weight for the next month job in Japan. Of course, without fail he told Sanghyuk about it and the younger endlessly congratulates him for the work. They meet up on the next day and the moment Sanghyuk enters Hakyeon's waiting room, he saw Hongbin is joking around with Hakyeon instead.

Frankly speaking, Sanghyuk has moving on from Hongbin after he realized that Hakyeon was the one for him. But, he still cannot look at Hongbin in the eyes as he keep glaring at him whenever Sanghyuk tries to approach Hakyeon. Sensing the tension between of the two, Hakyeon pats Hongbin's hand asking him to play nice so that Sanghyuk can freely seeing him inside. Clicking his tongue, Hongbin turns his body away and play with his phone somewhere in the corner. 

"What's up?" Hakyeon voices out first, earning a sweet smile from Sanghyuk's lips. He looks at the extended hand of Sanghyuk, which gripping a bottle of energy drink. Strawberry's flavour, he learnt as Hakyeon's favourite upon seeing the same bottle in Hakyeon's room whenever they need to be in the same studio. Hakyeon mumbles a small thankyou, before patting the seat beside him. 

To say that its an awkward situation, Sanghyuk doesn't really think so even when he can sense the overprotectiveness from Hongbin's piercing glare. Hakyeon makes him feel at home, he feels like a friend, a boyfriend and a person that Sanghyuk can tell him everything. He loves the smell lingers around Hakyeon, that drive him closer and wanted to hold the elder in his arms. Yet, he can't do that because Hakyeon won't give him the exact answer yet. He accepted it when they were having dinner in the restaurant, it went smooth. They laughed, teasing each other endlessly with Hakyeon never stop giving him the smile so he won't make Sanghyuk to feel bad. 

"What time will you end your photoshoot, hyung?" he asked whilst his long arms sling around Hakyeon's shoulder lowering the distance between both of them. 

"This will be the last one. Why?" Hakyeon can feel the close proximity between him and Sanghyuk, and he won't dare to turn his face since he sit very closely. He will surely looking as red as tomato, when he saw Sanghyuk's handsome face being too close right next to him.

"Wanna grab a dinner together? My treat," the elder shuts himself for a while, glancing at Hongbin who seem to be curious just when did both of them being this close. The photohrapher was actually smell something between those two, but he decided to shut up because they might be seen as close because both of them are models. But, when it comes for a dinner together, Hongbin knows something must be floating in the air.

"Ah..... maybe I will pass for tonight. Y'know I'm on diet, so I can't eat dinner much," Hakyeon declines the offer nicely, resulting Sanghyuk to gasp. "Hyung, you are too skinny right now! No can do hyung. I'll fatten you up tonight and you can continue you diet tomorrow," with that, Hakyeon can no longer refuse Sanghyuk's offer and they eventually go for a fancy dinner. Sanghyuk keeps spoiling him with so much food, he feeds him, he place meat into his plate, Sanghyuk does take a good care of him.

During the car ride, Sanghyuk sneakily bring his hand to Hakyeon's free one and purposely brush their hands together, whilst he got his eyes glued on the road. Hakyeon rejecting at first, but Sanghyuk is being persistent, he glances at Hakyeon with a grins and bring the tanned male's hand to his lips, pecking the back. Hakyeon was taken aback, quickly trying to pull but Sanghyuk is much stronger and he intertwines their hand together. After their dinner date (Sanghyuk takes it as a date), he drops Hakyeon at his residency with a smile on his face. There is nothing can be expressed, Sanghyuk is too happy with Hakyeon's company, he likes to see Hakyeon's chubby cheek back to its place and when Hakyeon complained that he gained so much weight before, he sincerely told him that Hakyeon is still beautiful; fat or skinny.

The elder blushed upon listening to Sanghyuk's compliment everything, wondering how the kid that used to be rude to him on the first day they met has become a cheeseball. Sneering, Hakyeon rolls his eyes even when the pink tint on his cheek cannot be hide. 

"Hey hyung," Hakyeon hums when Sanghyuk calls him, but still looking outside of the window. "How was today's date? You seem to like it when you open your mouth to eat just now. Have your heart ready for me?" bold. Hakyeon blush once again and clears his throat to get rid of the tension.

"What date? I'm just hungry," Hakyeon bashfully answers, even when he saw Sanghyuk is laughing at him. Well, maybe he just ate too much just now. "Anyway, Hakyeonie. I got something for you," Sanghyuk fishes his pocket, while biting his lips and look into Hakyeon's eyes ily, making the elder embarrassed to stay in one car as Sanghyuk.

A few seconds has passed, Sanghyuk finally takes out something in his palm, asking Hakyeon to close his eyes and takes out his hand. Nervous, Hakyeon feels somewhat curious in what is the thing that Sanghyuk tries to pull right now. Well then, his curiousity ended when Sanghyuk blows air onto his hands and making gesture like he put something on Hakyeon's hand, but nothing show up. 

"....what?" feeling dumbfounded, Hakyeon wanted to knock Sanghyuk's head right now since he dare to play around with him. 

"Can't you see, hyung? I'm giving you my love for you to hold and my heart to take care of it," the younger tucks Hakyeon's fringe behind his ears while staring deep into his eyes. His eye gazes has change, from a hard one to a loving soft gaze when he stares at Hakyeon's slightly open lips that looks begging to be kissed. Sanghyuk leans forward, closer and closer, to reach his destination which is Hakyeon's lips but as he was close to brush their lips together, Hakyeon place his hands onto Sanghyuk's chest, asking him to stop.

Both of them froze on the spot, panting even when they did nothing beside talking and about to kiss. Sanghyuk becomes the one to dstance himself away from Hakyeon, while gripping hard on the steering since he can't look at Hakyeon's eyes. Damn, he was about to cross the line just now. Sanghyuk curses in his mind. Sighing, he looks back at Hakyeon and hold his hand tightly. "I'm sorry I won't do it ag-" he was stunned. Sanghyuk widened his eyes, when he can feel a pair of wet lips strikes on his right cheek.

He can't help but to touch his cheek, for being too surprised when Hakyeon steal a kiss even on the cheek. "...umm, yeah. Thanks... I better.. uh go," 

Sheepishly smiling, Sanghyuk silently hooray for one step to get closer to win Hakyeon's heart and watch the elder rushed to the elevator to avoid his embarrassment.

 

...

 

"So, I heard you have been hanging out with Hongbin's ex," Taekwoon cross his arms and glare at his bestfriend who has just awake from his nap. Rubbing his eyes in circle, Hakyeon groans out to ignore Taekwoon's nagging in the evening. He haven't got up from his bed since morning as Hakyeon wanted to fill his days with only sleeping and cuddling with his book on his precious bed. Pretending that he heard nothing, Hakyeon close his eyes and loudly snores to shoo away the pest that only comes for nagging which Hakyeon assumed it must be Hongbin tattled at Taekwoon looking how close he and Sanghyuk has becomes. 

Seeing how lack of attention given by Hakyeon, Taekwoon becomes more frustrated as Hakyeon decided to not listening of any piece of what he's trying to say. Knowing Hakyeon since childhood, he knows how much Hakyeon loves challenged, so does Taekwoon. However, being all lovey dovey with Sanghyuk is an exception because he doesn't want Hakyeon to risk his heart for someone who doesn't know how to appreciate. That's what happened to Hongbin before and he knows that very well. Walking closely to the model, Taekwoon takes a sit beside him and taps Hakyeon's thigh softly to wake him up and they can have a discussion. Its a serious matter, yes. Taekwoon is very much worried about Hakyeon and he loves his friend until he can kill anyone that makes Hakyeon sad.

This happened when Hakyeon's first exboyfriend dumped him just because of stupid reasons; Hakyeon being dark and short. The news of Hakyeon being dumped in front of the whole school became a hot topic, which Taekwoon decided to hit the stupid guy right there. 

"Hakyeon-ah, lets talk," he tries to persuade the lazy tanned male, but Hakyeon just won't budge. "Alright, I know you're not sleeping. Its just, out of all the guys out there why must Sanghyuk? Don't you know what happened to Hongbin before?" 

The latter mumbles something incohorent, trying to shoo away Taekwoon but he end up getting pull out of the blanket. Grumpily, Hakyeon puff out his cheeks and lean his back against the headboard. "So, what? Sanghyuk has changed. Plus, I don't know he was Hongbin's boyfriend before he cried in my arms before. It was love at a first sight, Taekwoon-ah. Just like when you met Hongbin," Hakyeon protested.

"Me and Hongbin's case are different. He cried because of being dump, Sanghyuk cried because of regret. I don't want you to get hurt either, Yeon," Taekwoon's voice soften as he heard the stern tone laced inside Hakyeon as he mouthed his opinion. So, he doesn't need to get mad over it or they will shout at each other's face.

"Taekwoon, its not wrong to give him a chance right?" he pleads, trying to earn his bestfriend's parent-like permission to go out with Hongbin's exboyfriend. Taekwoon knows Hakyeon hates it when he becomes overprotective and so does himself, he doesn't want to go too hard on him either.

"Do you really like him?" Taekwoon asked, being serious about Hakyeon's decision, and brush his hair with his fingers as he saw Hakyeon nods his head softly. "Alright then. If anything happened, you know you can count on me right?" by the time he approves Hakyeon's choice of a man, Taekwoon saw the glints in his eyes, shining so bright as if he's earning something precious in the world and now Taekwoon really knows Hakyeon really likes the man named Han Sanghyuk.