Friends??

Friends??

Taehyung and Jungkook were always at each other’s throat’s from the time they met in primary school, they carried their hatred with them as they grew up and it was hard for their mutual friend Jimin, every time he tried to get them both to sit with him at lunch or hang out with him at his house there was an argument and on rare occasions a fight, he tried to get them to become friends but nothing ever seemed to work, or so he thought, he had no idea that the two were just putting on a show for the rest of the school, he had no idea that for the last year the two boys had been the  best of friends.


 

It all started from a school project, Taehyung and Jungkook were partnered up and forced to spend an entire week together after school to finish it. “I can’t believe I got paired with an idiot for this project I’m going to fail and it’s going to be all your fault you Jungcunt” Taehyung growled at him as he sat on the floor of Jungkooks pitiful bedroom. “Just shut your mouth so we can get this over with and you can leave” the younger replied just as bitterly as he sat across from the slightly older teen, “you can’t talk to your hyung like that Jeon Jungkook,apologize to me,” he insisted but Jungkook just rolled his eyes “you’re not my hyung you’re an idiot and idiot’s don't deserve apologies” Taehyung glared but stayed silent and looked down at his book “whatever.” The week went on much like that until they reached the actual weekend, that’s when Taehyung discovered they had a lot in common, they liked to sing, dance, and most of all, Jungkook liked to play Overwatch, their relationship grew after that day and now they spend all their weekend time together, in secret of course, they both have reputation to uphold to both the school and to their mutual friend Park Jimin.


 

“This is the ugliest beach in the world Taehyung why the would you bring us here?” Jungkook snapped as he walked agread of saif teen and Jimin, “because it’s the perfect representation of you, ugly, smelly and just all around pathetic” Taehyung batted his eyelashes at Jungkook who in turn flipped him off. “Guys stop okay this is super annoying, Kookie you know this beach is beautiful don’t be rude and Tae you can’t just say things like that to people, apologize to him” Jimin ordered and Jungkook smirked at his secret friend, “yeah Tae-Tae you heard our hyung, apologize to me,” Taehyung shook his head and continued his walk, “I’d never apologize to you, even if my life depended on it.” Jimin sighed and wrapped an around around both teens so they were huddled together, “you guys are too mean, I don’t know why I’m friends with either of you honestly” he laughed, “lets go okay, I’m getting cold and it’s late, my mom will kill me if i miss curfew” he patted their backs as he made his way back to Taehyung's car. They dropped Jimin off first so they could hang out a bit without him being suspicious, “you know I didn’t mean those things right’ Taehyung asked as he drove towards Jungkook’s house, his friend nodded and smiled “yeah man I know it’s cool we’re just doing what we’ve always done” he ruffled Taehyung’s hair before looking out the window, he wondered why he used to hate the other, he never really had a valid reason he just, did, he didn’t understand but he figured maybe he wasn’t supposed to understand, maybe he was just supposed to roll with it, and he was definitely okay with that.


 

As time went on it was harder for Jungkook to pretend he still hated Taehyung, he didn’t like being mean to him, he didn’t like insulting him and he hated it when the latter insulted him, it made him want to cry, but he shouldn’t feel that way right, even best friends playfully insult each other, so why was this bothering him, did he, have feelings for Taehyung, no, no way, he wasn't into guys, so how come everytime he saw Taehyung his legs got weak, how come his hands got all sweaty, how come his heart fluttered when he saw him. “This is absurd” he shook his thoughts away as he walked down the sidewalk towards Jimin’s house, they were all going to hang out again, which meant Jungkook was going to have to be mean. “You’ll be okay, you’ll be fine” he sighed and rang the doorbell as he reached his friend’s front door, it didn’t take long before the door swung open and Jimin stepped outside. “Kookie!” Jimin gave him a big hug and ruffled his hair as he walked towards Jimin’s car, “ okay listen, will you just promise you’ll try to be nice to Taehyung and I’ll make sure he promises as well okay?’ the oldest looked over to the youngest who rolled his eyes but nodded, fine Jimin, fine, for you,I’ll try” Jimin smiled as he started his car and drove towards Taehyung’s house.


 

The ride to Taehyung’s house short and they soon arrived to the beautiful three story house his family owned, the two hopped out of the car and Jungkook rolled his eyes. “I hate how big his stupid house is” he mumbled to Jimin as he tried to get into character, “don’t start Jungkook it’s gonna be fun, we can play overwatch if that will make you feel better” he suggested, as he knocked on the teen’s front door. “You at it though,” Jimin glared and shoved him lightly “ah! Don't shove me I’m being honest” he laughed just as the door opened revealing the family maid. “Ye-oh Jungkook dear you’re back, and you’re with, um who is this?” the old woman asked and Jimin raised an eyebrow “Mrs.Yoo I’m Jimin remember, we’ve met a few times..” he look over at Jungkook, confusion littered his face, “you’ve never even been here how the hell does she know you?” he asked as she walked away to fetch Taehyung, oh how was he supposed to lie his way out of this, “Uh-I” he started to speak but was interrupted “Jimin, Jungcunt welcome to my beautiful home” Taehyung smiled and ushered them inside, they removed their shoes before making their way up the stairs towards Taehyung’s giant room, he quickly stole a hug from Jungkook as Jimin walked into the teen’s room and immediately went to his game system, “Jungkook and I wanna play overwatch, you’re going to be nice while we’re here Taehyung, so that means no insults, no rude jokes, and no Jungcunt” Jimin told him as sternly as he could as he handed them both a controller, “fine whatever” Taehyung rolled his eyes and sat on the floor as the game started up.


 

“Ahh haha you so bad” Jungkook laughed loudly sa Jimin lost for the third time, he hadn’t even lasted a whole two minutes, “shut up, that person came out of nowhere” Jimin defended and playfully punched his the others shoulder. “I don’t know I hate to say this Jiminie but I have to agree with Jungcu- I mean Jungkook, you do ”  he laughed as the eldest suddenly stood up “ I’m going to the toilet, don’t kill each other while I’m gone” he mumbled and then he was gone, Jungkook laughed a bit as he was left alone with Taehyung, why was he so nervous? “I think we should tell Jimin we’re friends” Taehyung said and Jungkook smiled, “really?” he asked and the older nodded, “It’ll be better, we can all go out and actually do stuff” he shrugged “plus I’m getting tired of insulting you all the time, it's not as fun as it used to be” he joked and Jungkook shoved him, “shut up you pabo,” Taehyung just smiled and brought the younger in for another hug, “okay okay I’m sorry.” Jungkook felt himself blush and he pulled away quickly, “uh yeah it’s okay” he rubbed the back of his neck and looked down, “Kookie, are you okay?”  Taehyung asked, there was a long sigh from the younger as he turned to look at the other, “actually I-I have to tell y-you some-” he was interrupted for the second time today, though this time it was his phone ringing, “o-oh it’s my mom, i have to take this” he quickly left the room as he answered his phone.


 

Taehyung was going crazy, Jungkook was going to tell him something important that weekend and it was ruined by his stupid phone, and now Jungkook was ignoring him so he’d never find out, it was kind of pissing him off, what had he done, did he hurt Jungkook somehow, he had no idea, he hoped not though, he hated himself for hurting Jungkook in the past and all he wanted to do now was make up for it, after a week of complete silence from the teen Taehyung decided to take matters into his own hands,he grabbed his keys from his desk and headed out the door. The drive to Jungkook’s home was a bit nerve wracking, he didn’t want them to become enemies again, he didn’t think his heart could handle that, after developing feelings and all, that was the hardest part of their fake hatred towards each other as well as their secret friendship, Taehyung’s feelings, they had been apparent for a while but he only started to acknowledge them about three months ago, he didn’t want things to be weird however, so he just didn't say anything, but by the way Jungkook was acting he was pretty sure the younger felt the same way, so all he had to do now was make sure. As he reached the house he could feel his body start to sweat, his heart was beating fast but he had no time to think about that stuff, he was on a mission, he quickly parked his car and ran to the front door, his hand shook as he rang the doorbell, ‘here goes nothing’ he thought to himself as the door swung open.


 

Jungkook felt instant regret as soon as he opened the door and Taehyung’s  face came into full view, “oh hey, w-what are you going here?” he asked. Taehyung glared at him and took a step forward, he watched as Jungkook’s eyes widened a bit and he slowly backed up , “you how could you just ignore me for a week and then have the nerve to ask why I’m here” he stepped into the house and kicked the door shut.  “You can’t just cut me out of your life Jeon Jungkook, now tell me what you were going to say that day” he ordered and watched the younger's face redden “I-I don’t even remember is that why you’re here just forget it Taehyung it’s not important” he bit his lip and looked at the older, trying to hide his emotions the best he could, which apparently wasn’t very good because Taehyung just smirked and walked closer. “You can’t lie to me Jungkook you may be a great liar to everyone else but I see right through you” he stopped right in front on the younger boy and gripped his chin, “you don’t get it do you” Jungkook whispered as his eyes watered a bit, “i-if i tell you, you’ll just hate me again, like you used to, and I can’t handle that, my heart couldn’t stand it, I-I don’t want you to hate me again, he closed his eyes so his tears wouldn’t escape, “you idiot, how can you not see how much I care about you, are you that clueless, do you really that I like you?” Jungkook’s eyes opened up,”wait- you mean like friends right, you like me as a friend,” Taehyung laughed and shook his head gently before wrapping his free arm around Jungkook’s waist and pulling him closer, “no, I mean I like you like you” he laid his forehead against the youngers, “o-oh” he smiled a bit and and pulled his head away “I-uh-I like you too,I have for a while, I was gonna tell you that weekend but I was scared, and then my mom called, I'm sorry for ignoring you by the way it’s just I wasn't sure how I was supposed to tell you and then I just-” Jungkook was rambling so Taehyung quickly pressed his lips against the others, Jungkook’s eyes widened but only for a second, he quickly gained his composure and kissed Taehyung back sweetly, after they pulled away Taehyung let go of Jungkook and backed up a bit, “so um do you maybe wanna go out?” he asked and the younger nodded, a bit too eagerly if you ask me, “yeah, I'd love to”



 

“You two are dating!!” Jimin yelled as he stared at his two friends, they just laughed and nodded as they held hands while sitting on Jimin’s bed. “I thought you two hated each other..” Jimin eyes the two of them for a moment before smiling “well this is great me and Yoongi can finally go on double dates now, and we can all have game nights where we all hang out and-” the oldest started toramble but the other two couldn’t care less about what he was saying, all they cared about was that they were finally together, finally...