Art

Art

Taehyung had always been a free spirited, loving, poetic man, so it would make sense that his dreams reflected that as well. They were always so beautiful, at first he couldn’t do much while he was in said dreams, but over time he learned how to lucid dream and was able to walk around and explore the beautiful places his mind made up while he was asleep. The best part about his dreams however, was that they were always different, his favorite one being a more scenic dream where he was walking through a beautiful forest admiring all the wildlife, everything seemed so much brighter in the dream, the trees were exceptionally green and he could feel the sweet soft air on his skin, it was simply magnificent. One night was perticularly strange for him however, as he found himself in a garden that lead to a castle, and it would have been beautiful if it were not all in black and white, like an outline of a painting before the color was added, he raised his eyebrow curiously as he started down the garden path towards the castle, as he walked he noticed pieces of the world around him start to change, white spots filled with vibrant colors and it made him smile as he quickened his pace towards the castle, upon reaching the doors he felt himself get a little nervous for what was on the other side, he wouldn't find out tonight though as he was brutally from his dream by his morning alarm telling him it was time for work.


 

Jungkook was an amazing artist, his work consisted of mostly abstract things, it apparently wasn’t good enough though because no one would buy them,he sighed as he came into his small apartment after a long day trying to sell the same ten paintings to various art gallery’s. “Come on Jungkook you can do better than this” he whispered to himself as he went to take a quick shower before going off to bed, as he laid on the soft mattress his mind drifted to his paintings, how can he make them better, how can he grab everyone’s attention, he sighed again as he let himself fall asleep. Jungkook had never had a dream so beautiful, he hardly ever dreamed at all but this one was amazing, he looked around and discovered he was in some sort of forest, it was beautiful there were these trees that seemed to be never ending, but the vibrancy of them was what amazed him, like they were put there for him, for his artistic eyes to recognize, as he walked down the path of the forest he felt inspiration overflow through him, when he awoke the next day he immediately went into his painting room and started a sketch, it took four hours to complete but finally he was finished, it was perfect, it wasn’t abstract but he guessed he could change it up for once, he quickly got ready for the day and went off to pedal his art again. It wasn’t until the third art gallery that his forest painting was noticed, the curator studied it for a while before looking over at the young man, “I like i-no love it”she turned to face him fully, “do you have others like this?” she asked and he rubbed the back of his neck, because no he didn’t “ah i see, you don’t well that's a shame, a few more paintings like this and I could use them as a full exhibit, for the gallery opening next week” she shrugged and handed him back the painting, “wait I-I can make more, please just give me until the end of the week and you’ll have your paintings” he pleaded with the woman who thought for a long moment before holding out her hand for him to shake, “you make me four more paintings by the end of the week and you’ve got a deal” Jungkook smiled wide and shook her hand as he thanked her over and over before gathering his things and rushing back to his home, he stopped halfway there however as he realized, he painted a dream, how the hell was he gonna paint four more paintings like that if it was a dream, oh god he was screwed.


 

Taehyung’s dreams were normal for a while, typical vibrant places to visit,one being a beach and another a winter mountain, it didn't last long though as he found himself back in the black and white garden, the color that had filled it in the last time was gone once again and it made his heart hurt a little, he never had the same dream, this one much be important, he rubbed a hand over his face as he walked slowly towards the castle again, watching the color once again fill up the land around and under him, he set his hand against the door of the castle and watched color spew from his palm and with fill in the castle sketch, the castle itself was a beautiful gold with multi colored stained glass windows that had even more beautiful scenery etched into it, the whole aspect of it was everything Taehyung imagined, if not more, he prayed he wouldn’t wake up as he slowly pushed the doors to the castle, they opened gracefully and Taehyung stepped inside as more color filled the inside, a grand red,velvet carpet led from the edge of the door and up a beautiful staircase, the walls were filled with a cluster of abstract paintings that made Taehyung smile, he always liked abstract art, he let his feet carry him up the stairs and into a long hallway, there was only one door in said hallway, Taehyun’s curiosity spiked as he made his way to the door, he slowly turned the knob and let the door tred open, his eyes widened at what he saw.



 

Dreaming for Jungkook seemed to be getting easier, it had happened more often since that night, they were mostly scenic dreams, he was able to make two more paintings since then, one of a beautiful beach with the clearest water he’d ever seen, it was as if he could still feel the mist of the sea when he awoke that day, the other one being another forest but with a mountain as well, winter had been a part of that dream also as snow was everywhere, he could feel it making his nose red and cold, he liked it though, he was even able to spot a few reindeers which were a great addition to his newly finished painting, his third painting was a bit more complicated as his dream this particular night was not of a scenic jungle or some sort of desert wonderland, no instead he found himself in a castle, a black and white castle, like something out of a sketchbook, it was odd, but he found himself wondering around, he soon came upon a hallway with a door at the end of it, he walked to it slowly and opened up the door, inside was a single easel, a stool for an artist and painting supplies,as he approached he saw many paints and brushes, as well as various pencils and other sketching supplies, however they were all in black and white, no color even in the paint, he sat himself on the bench and looked down at his feet, it felt more like a artists nightmare, he put his hands over his eyes and was about to cry when he heard footsteps, his head shot up and noticed how color was starting to seep into the room through the cracks in the door and through open windows, his eyes widened and he turned his head as he heard the door behind him slowly open, there was another person in his dream.


 

Taehyung couldn’t believe his eyes, he never dreamt of other people, not ever, even as a kid, so this was kind of frightening for him, but also exciting, he’d never seen this person before, and his first impression was he was cute,really cute, he slowly stepped through the door and watched the small room fill with color. The boy in front of him was standing in front of an easel that now had vibrant paint’s laid out alongside it, he looked up at the boy again and walked closer to introduce himself, fate didn’t seem to want that however as his voice was non existent,he laughed a little when the other man tried to speak and they were again met with silence. It was odd, they could hear each other laugh, cough,even sneeze, but they couldn’t talk, so they instead spent their time walking around the garden that Jungkook had no idea existed as he’d never been out of the castle, it was magnificent, the amazing forest green color of the bushes went so well with the beautiful crimson red of the rose bushes that surrounded a crystal clear pond with extravagant pink and white water lilies spread through it. The water reminded him of the beach he’d seen two nights ago, it was sweet,almost comforting. Taehyung was unknowingly thinking the same way, they’d been having the exact same dreams and didn’t even know, it was as if they shared one mind, one soul, as if Taehyung came up with the ideas and Jungkook filled them in with his artistic beauty, Taehyung also seemed to be Jungkook’s paintbrushes in a way, as he was the only one who could fill in the colors of the black and white world they were both in, being with the unknown man was scary to him, but he enjoyed it, he enjoyed watching him paint, he liked watching his different expressions,liked how proud he was when he finished,he liked Jungkook he wished he never had to wake up.


 

The soft glow of the morning brought Jungkook out of his dream and he wanted to laugh and cry at the same time, how the hell could a dream be that amazing, it felt so real, he felt so real. Seeing someone else in his dream was a bit scary at first but all the fear went away when Taehyung took him to the garden, it was perfect for a third painting. It took him a while but he was finally able to finish it, it was Thursday, he had to have the paintings done by Saturday so they could be set up for the following Monday. Jungkook hoped his brain would give him one last beautiful dream,all he needed was one more,and he’d finally have his own art exhibit. The day was fairly calm for him, he was able to find a few online bidders for his old abstract paintings so he would be safe from eviction for few more months anyway, he soon found out that the say seemed to be moving agonizingly slow, like it was taunting him, he just wanted to dream again, he wanted to see what  idea’s his mind would give him, he also wanted to see the man again, as weird as it sounded he liked spending time with who the thought was a fictional character, he had no idea the man was a real human who lived in the same country, just in another town, the night eventually came and it was time for him to sleep, he took a deep breath and soke to himself before closing his eyes, “just one more Jungkook, just one more and our dreams come true.”



 

Jungkook appeared to be in another forest, not very original but it was different from the first one he’d painted so he guessed it was okay, the grass felt nice on his toes and he could hear a waterfall nearby, there were also beautiful mountains in the distance which are always praised in scenic paintings or so he’d been told, he wanted to focus on the waterfall though so he followed the sound as he hummed to himself. There it was, it was better than perfect, the water was giving off more of a blue hue rather than clear but Jungkook knew it was just reflecting off the beautiful sky above them, he slowly made his way to the edge of the waterfall to touch the water that flowed into a stream that harbored vibrant fish and various plant life, it was lovely, but out of all these things only one made him truly happy, and it had nothing to do with the scenery, it was him, the man, he was here. Jungkook saw him as he turned away from the waterfall, he had his back was to him and he was currently humming as he picked these amazingly bright yellow wildflowers, Jungkook didn't think a yellow that vibrant even existed but he didn’t care about that right now, he smiled to himself as he made his way to the man and tapped him on the shoulder.


 

Taehyung figured his subconscious liked forests, as he was placed in yet another one on Thursday night, he didn't mind though there seemed to be more to this one, the mountains were kind of similar as the winter dream he had a couple nights ago, but also very different, these seemed more rocky and jagged than the others, which he particularly liked, as he wondered he found a nice sized waterfall area with wildflowers, he squealed a bit as he happily started to pick them, he really loved wildflowers, they were one of his favorite flowers, he hadn’t noticed Jungkook arrived until he felt a hand on his shoulder. The smile on his face grew as he stood up straight and turned to face the other man, he giggled a bit when he saw him and tried to speak to him again, but alas, no words appeared, he just laughed and waved as the two sat down together, thy spent a few hours making flower crowns, Taehyung's turning out a bit better than Jungkook's as it was the first time he’d ever made, they sat there forever just laying on the grass together until a small buzzing sound came into both of their ears, Jungkook was confused but Taehyung recognized the sound right away, his alarm, “no. not yet please” he said to himself as he closed his eyes “not yet please”he whispered as his eyes opened, he groaned out load when his bedroom ceiling came into view’ “damn it” he groaned as he sat himself up in bed.


 

They were all done, finally all five, two spring forest scenes one complete with waterfall, one winter forest scene with adorable reindeer, a beach with crystal clear water, and a garden fit for royalty, they were perfect, utterly perfect. Jungkook smiled to himself as he gathered  the paintings in a wagon and pulled them all the way to the art gallery he was at previously. “Ah young Jungkook you’re back,do you have my paintings?” the curator asked sweetly and he nodded as he handed her all five paintings, she spent a while observing them before smiling once again, “congratulations Jeon Jungkook, you’re going to have your very own art exhibit at age 20 you better be proud,” his ears were lying, surely he heard her incorrectly. ”W-w-wait are you serious” he asked as joy filled his body, “what of course I am, now get out of here and go find yourself a good outfit, you’ll need it for the opening, everyone is going to want to meet you,” Jungkook’s face paled at that sentence, “no, uh no I don’t want that please can you just, um, maybe pay me and then say the exhibit is anonymous I can’t handle crowds and I get nervous when people ask questions a-an-” he was interrupted by the woman . “Alright alright calm down boy my goodness” she shook her head as she pulled out her checkbook “how does 1,000,000 Won a piece sound?” she asked, Jungkook was once again flabbergasted, “u-uh that’s fair that’s really fair” he nodded as the woman wrote a check for 5,000,000 won and gave it to him, “don’t spend it all in one place” she smiled and Jungkook nodded again as he thanked her before running straight to the bank.

 

Taehyung’s dreams were gone, completely gone, he hadn’t dreamed since Thursday night, it was Monday afternoon, he was devastated, he missed his dreams, needed them, he needed him, that man in his dream was a big part of his happiness and he didn't care if it sounded weird, it was the truth, he enjoyed spending time with the manifestation of the man, even if that's all he was, a manifestation, he thought maybe he just needed some inspiration for the dreams so when his friend Jin asked if he wanted to go to an art gallery in Busan he agreed, the ride was short and the museum was lovely, the sculptures were nice, he liked the abstract section a and the realism section, but his attention was immediately grabbed as he entered the newest exhibit of the museum, they were his dreams, they were paintings of his dreams. It all felt so weird, seeing his dreams in real life like that, his hand slowly came up to touch the waterfall from his latest dream when he heard a voice, “y-you’re not supposed to touch the art.” Taehyung turned around and his hands shot over his mouth as he stared at the man, in front of him, it was him, he was real.


 

Even though Jungkook didn’t want to be recognized as the creator of the paintings he still wanted to be there to witness how people would feel about them, most of the comments were positive so that was a plus, as time went on the room fell empty but he didn’t want to leave, seeing the paintings made him think of Taehyung which made him happy, so he stayed leaned against the wall as he waited for more people, eventually two men about his age came in, one stayed back seemingly uninterested in this part of the museum, the other one however seemed shocked to see the paintings, almost worried, Jungkook watched slowly as the man made his way towards the waterfall painting and was about to touch, he followed the man and quickly spoke “y-you're not supposed to touch the art.,” the man turned around and Jungkook’s breath was taken away, his eyes watered so he quickly looked down to compose himself before looking back to the man from his dreams, “y-you’re real..” he bit his lip and Taehyung nodded “you can talk” he laughed at the reply, he quickly shut up though as he felt the other man wrapped his arms around him, “I’m Kim Taehyung, it’s nice to meet you, properly” he whispered in the others ear before pulling away “Jeon Jungkook” he quickly bowed but Taehyung pulled him up, “don’t do that it makes me feel old” he laughed and so did Jungkook “sorry..” he rubbed the back of his neck,suddenly very nervous, “so” Taehyung spoke again, “this is probably super forward and I don’t even know if you’re into guy but would you maybe want to go get a coffee after this, I think my friend left so I’m free for the rest of the day,what do you say” Jungkook smiled and nodded as he blushed deeply,”I’d love to.”