Reunion

Cosmos Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Past, Present, Future. Time is something that is indefinite. A continued progress of existence and events past, present and future regarded as a whole. Time is what gave the human race an opportunity. Their kind had spread across the cosmos, establishing colonies in distant stars. Mankind grew larger with every year that has passed. Growth rates increased drastically and over 700 billion people inhabited the universe. 


However, they had entered into an age of decline.  Resources have become exhausted, birth rates plunged and deaths of far-off stars were coming to close. Mother Earth was their salvation and a mission was set to return to mankind’s origin. Though, the planet cannot possibly withstand the large repatriation. Thus, begin the age of war. Humans were thrown into despair, many lives have vanished into the cold oblivion. 


A new regime was created, ‘The Unity’ is what they called themselves and brought the war to a close. Earth was declared “the eternal sanctum” to which mankind was ultimately denied passage due to their sinful nature above the atmosphere. A shrine, a symbol…you name it. Earth was only to be gazed upon from afar while colonist in dying galaxies waits for their demise. 


There is always one. One person who resisted. The one who continued to venture across the abyss. An immortal hunter who provoked, rebelled and plundered the council's Warcraft for as long as Mankind knew. 

The Unity’s most wanted 
Key J-961101
Yoo Jeongyeon
________________________________________

Conventional 1970’s music echoed throughout the bar, far too old for even the common elders of the human race to remember to this day. The outdoor structure of the building was beaten and torn each year, with every dust storm slowly sanding away at its frame. Inside held a different story. An old factory building was refurbished decades ago. Rusted metal pipes, limp wallpaper barely hanging on, newspaper ripping’s piled on the right-hand corner; this was what most hunters would call ‘Turini’ (Base).


“People these days are always running into the future, never caring about the past. Thinking that there would be something beyond the horizon for them.” Hyoyeon sighed, pouring more bourbon into the now empty cup. 


“I heard they had finally evacuated Kepler YG-253. The whole planet had gone to s when their structured empire was destroyed during the war” Jackson swirled the cup with straight whiskey, covering the surface with a thin layer of the alcohol.


“It’s not the planet but us, Mankind,” Donghae remarked.


The walls, roof and floors all began to shake. Bottles on the shelves clank together, cups of wine jitter across the floor inevitably breaking on impact with the ground. 

“Is it supply craft?” Jackson asked.

“No,” Donghae answered, currently listening carefully at the rumble of the engine that is soaring above them. “Can’t you tell? The engines roar with human impurities. There is no buzz of electricity but fuel powered relics. It’s a warship, the elder fleet.”


A cup slammed down onto the bar surface, emptied from its content. The owner of the cup was small but shouldn’t be underestimated because of her height. The head raised before briskly walking out of the bar. 


“Chaeyoung, wait!” The three that stood from their stool table, chasing after her outside. 


Black smog replaced the white purity of the clouds above the group. Chaeyoung watched as the smog trailed across the sky, toward the canyon. 


“They’re here.” Chaeyoung started intensely at the skies.


“Let’s go! This is our chance” Hyoyeon shouted as she rushed ahead, snapping Chaeyoung from her trance state who soon followed. 


Their run was far and treacherous but they had to make it. It was their last hope of adventure. It was Chaeyoung’s last hope of life. She was stranded for far too long, betrayed and exiled from her own home colony after the incident.


Panting and Sweating, they mostly collapsed onto their knees due to exhaustion. The craft lowered itself down, opening their bottom hatch. Bright light peeked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter