Final

Nothing New
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin has been lost in the gameboy held in his hands for hours now. It’s an older model he’d found at the back of the closet Minseok had inexplicably decided to clean out in the middle of the night. Jongin hadn’t questioned it at the time, leaving their members to their own coping mechanisms, instead scooping up the rectangular black system, and the grey cartridges that had found their way into the ‘donate’ pile. Jongin had been lost in the games the twelve hours since.

At one point Taemin had shown up to the dorm, how long ago Jongin couldn’t say for sure, having lost count of how many episodes his best friend was into the new anime he’d been streaming where he lay next to Jongin. There's a slight crinkle to his expression as Taemin begins moving on the bed, the laptop pushed aside and still playing the current episode, sound effects and Japanese filling the dorm room. Jongin lets out a displeased noise as Taemin nudges his way up and under the bend of his arm, damn near making him miss the platform he was trying to jump on for the fourth time in a row. The smaller boy is settling a moment later though, half sprawled over him, head on Jongin’s chest as he focuses on the small grey screen the dancer had spent his day off focused on.

“Kirby?”

Jongin makes a sound of confirmation.

“Dreamland.”

“Nice.”

“Right?”

Jongin chances a glance at Taemin with a quirk of a smile before his attention goes back to the task at hand. They lay like this a while, paying no mind to the computer as autoplay switches from one episode to another. Taemin lets out noises as Jongin plays, his reactions keeping an easy smile on the younger’s face, forever so much more expressive than he realizes, something Jongin both appreciates and adores about the older. Taemin’s phone goes off somewhere in the bed and though they both glance towards the noise is about the extent of their efforts to answer it.

It’s not long after Jongin feels soft fingers trailing over his face, down along his jawline then up over his cheek. Jongin pays it little mind, knowing perfectly well how much Taemin enjoys the late night scruff his face is so insistent on growing. He can’t say he understands it, spending way to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter