Prologue: The time traveler.

Seven minutes

A/N Warning! Some bad grammar ahead. I do not have a mouse right now, so it is really hard to edit atm.

 

18 year old Romeo Kim was kicking a soccer ball around his enormous backyard. It was one of those new advanced balls with the little lcd screen, that refreshed how far the ball was kicked.  This practice ball had been given to him by his "uncle Sehun".

It was almost magical. he had programmed it to "Solo mode", which meant it came flying back to him every time he kicked it. 

Even when it landed in the pool. it would come rising upwards.

Technology had advanced these days, and Romeo always got the best of gadgets before anybody else.

HIs father owned hardware stores all over the country and the united states,making his family a household name.

While Romeo was enjoying himself, his mother came into the yard to offer refreshments. She looked beautiful as always, and so young that she was often mistaken as his sister. She settled a tray of Iced tea upon the glass table and smiled at him.

Immediately. Romeo stopped playing with the ball around the water fountain and towards his mother.

She was home. 

This was the first time he had seen her in  two years. HIs father was away on buisness, and to Romeo, it seemed as though they were both living in another world.

"Romeo,." she said. "Amu is coming today."

Romeo grunted as he took a long swine of his tea. It was always Amu. Amu this and Amu that. 

His family had known her since her birth and it angered Romeo that Amu was always his mothers top concern. Even at this precious moment of reunuin, "Amu" was the first topic from his mothers lips.

"Why?" he asked, wiping his mouth. "Every single day she's been here! Even when you were gone, I had to deal with her cooking me dinner and ironing my school uniform! She thinks she's my wife, I can't stand it!"

Yes. He certainly didn't like Amu.

She was always following him around. Harassing him at every chance she could. Trying to take care of him all the time, especially when his parents were gone.

She had a crush on him ever since they were children. She and he were forced together all the time. His father was Baekhyun. Her father was Chanyeol.

And ever since birthday,. both fathers dreamed that their Amu and Romeo would marry, to bring the families together.

It was a love nightmare for Romeo. Just to remind himself that Amu is crazy, Romeo kept the long letter she'd written to him several years ago: Even the opening line was enough to make him cringe;

"Oh, Romeo, may I become your juliet??"

This made him wish his mother hadn't named after an old english  romanced obsessed suicidal fictional boy who didn't have any friends and was obsessed with marrying a kid.

"Mom," said Romeo, "You do understand that she is hopelessly in love with me, don't you?? How am I going to deal with her?"

"You will..." smiled his mother, "In fact, there she comes right now.."

Romeo looked behind his mother and his heart clenched with annoyace/ The loud mouth with permed hair and a frilly woolen dress was meeting his distant eye.

He tiurned to make a getaway but his mother restrained him.

"You WILL be nice to her. . She deserves some escape from that horrid little flat her family live in. Be nice. I thought you would've learned by now that Amu is like a part of the family/"

Romeo hated the fact that he could never say no to his mother, even when it came to Amu.

Yes. Amu was kind to his mother. His entire family loved her. SHe was modest, down to earth and had a love for children and elderly people.

But those were the exact things that Romeo wasn't.

Her rich  caramel brown locks bounced as she stopped in front of him. Smiling enormously with a twinkle in her big round eyes. She fluttered her enomous black lashes/

His mother whipped out of site before Romeo could yell after her.

And suddenly, he was stuck in the backyard, with little miss sunshine to accompany.

"What do you want?"

"Are you playing ball?" she asked sweetly, "Can I play with you?"

Romeo turned his defined jaw away from her and shuffled his fringe. So that is curved over his high cheek bones. The last thing he wanted was to compete with a girl who had no skills in the art whatsoever.

"Sorry, but I prefer to play with boys. And you wouldn't understand a game like this.."

"A game like this?" she asked. tilting her head. "My father kicks the ball with me every day.."

"Oh,? Chanyeol?" he said, not even bothering to adress Mr Chanyeols name with formaility.

"Yes, and mama..." she said.

Romeo cringed then looked to his feet. "Fine," he said begrudgingly. "One game, then can you please find someone else to play with? I'm eigtheen you know. You're only fifteen. I don't have time to play with younger girls.."

Amu frowned before nodding with a sad gaze. "Okay oppa."

 

They played into the  night. The garden lamps illuminated the enormous yard and a blankette of stars sent forth cool breezes, that relieved their tensed muscles.

  Amu had Amu kept kicking the ball right into his area. Romeo wasn't quick to defend himself and tightened his jaw madly every time she would accidently giggle. She found his pained expressions humerous, and this made him very mad. But his determination to out-kick her at least once was enough to make him wild with adreneline.

After another of Amu's incredible kicks, he squirmed, clutching his area. "Okay stop!" .

Finally, he kicked the ball away from them.

Amu grinned. With her hands on her knee's, she tensed her brows. Apparently still in game mode.

Straightening his defined physically and squaring his broad, angular shoulders, he stretched his long meck from side to side., then walked towards her.

Surprised with his sudden approach, Amu retreated several steps as he came closer.

 Stopping in front, he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Amu..." he said calmly.

Her cheeks flodded with color and she looked downwards with widened eyes. 

"You need to give up on me.." he confessed. "No matter how many times you come to visit, no matter how much time you spend with my mother, it will never change the heart I have. I don't like you. You're bothersome."

Amu was speechless, and for a moment, Romeo regretted what he had said. Had he ben too harsh?

"no" he told himself. "I need to be strict and firm. Otherwise she'll never get the point."

She looked upwards and her vibrant eyes darkened..."But you're my only friend," she said hopelessly. "I'm sorry, I told you I loved you..I-I'll stop! If you want me to!"

She was becoming desperate. She didn't want to lose sight of him.

"You're still young, and so am I," he said. "There are probably other weirdo's out there, exactly like you. People that don't have friends, that don't fit in no matter where they go. People with poor families..Why don't you go find those people?"

Amu was shocked to hear his idea of her. Was that always how he had seen her? Like a weirdo with no friends and a poor family?

"I can't believe it," she whispered. "I thought you were a kind person.."

Romeo had been bluffing. He knew that Amu was actually a good person. But she wasn't his type, friendwise or relationship-wise. And with her, it was either the hardway or nothing.  He had to be harsh. Nicely rejecting her obviously hadn't worked.

She stared into his eyes and cleared ...

Her next words were  something he couldn't believe..

"You are abslaoutely disguisting." she snarled, her face gloweing. "How revolting that I spent so many days thinking and worrying about you. Wanting to look after you because your parents were never home. And this is how you repay me?"

A shot of anger burst through Romeo's veins, "Don't bring my parents into this!" 

"But that was the main reason I was visiting you. Not because I love you, you stupid idiot! I care about your mother more than you, and I wanted ot look after you for her sake!"

"You only like me because you think I am handsome! Just like all the other girls do!"

"I wish you would stop calling youself handsome every day!" snarled Amu with disgust, "You sound just like my dad when he's drunk."

"I wish you wouldn't be here. because I really don't want to see you right now." responded Romeo angrilly/

"Well I- I wish..." Amu paused, trying to think of the best retlation she could. She wasn't going to deal with his criticism of her, like some hopeless girl in love. 

She'd experienced many hard things in her life ever since her dad went bank rupt, and one lousy heatbreak wasn't about to tear her down.

"Well I wish I would stop feeling sorry for you/ Your parents love me more than they love you. Admit it, that's the true reason you hate me.. "

 The air froze in Romeo's mouth and his jaw loosened.  He looked up to see a shooting star.

The first shooting star he had ever seen. And for a moment, he felt something hit his chiest. Almost like an invisible sword had stabbed into his heart.

If he had been in a good mood, this would have been a wonderful feeling. But his heart had turned cold, and within a second, it became like ice.

And without really knowing why,  he responded- his voice deep and husky, "I wish you were never born.."

 

It happened so fast. Romeo was convinced her was in a dream, and that he would wake up within moment.

 

A powerful wind whooshed over them like a whip to the body. Amu froze like a statue of salt and her skin became a glazing titanium white. The white of her eyes shone forth  brighter than the stars and the veins of her body sparkled through her skin, giving Romeo the horrible sight of her bodily organs. As though some sort of xray was shine through her body.

He yelped in shock, "What the hell is going on?"

Amu crashed into the rgound, and her skin began to harden. Terrified, she screamed, "ROMEO! HELP ME!"

Tears shot down her whitened crystal-hard cheeks and fell like diamonds onto the gorund: Tears of ice.

Fulled with fear and regret, Romeo fell down beside her and wrapped his arms around her hardening body. THe wind rushed around them.

Her skin wasn't like skin at all. It felt as hard and smooth as steel. He looked up to see the stars of the sky were violently shining...brighter and brighter.

"What is this?" he hasped, breathing heavilly as her sharking, robot -like body curved into his.

Amu screamed into his chest, "ROMEO! SAVE ME!!"

He couldn't do anything.

"MAMA!" screamed Amu suddenly. Crying tears of ice. 

With every passing second, every ounce of body hardened, and finally, she became a large white rock in his grasp.

A stutue.

Romeo held onto the statue madly, while wondernig when he would  wake up. I

"COME ON! GET UP! WAKE YOURSFLF UP!" Romeo told himself.

One last ghast of wind blew over and AMu's body disintigrated into a wave of sparkles, that flew upwards into the sky.

Shaking without any comprehension, Romeo struggled to keep his eyes straight as his thoughts spun back and forth.

And then, the ground began to twirl. And the grass sunk into the ground. The smoke of the chimrey shot back down the chimney, and suddnely, the world was spinning backwards. 

"NO!" yelled Romeo into the wind. This dream felt too real to be false. Too painful to forget.

He understood now.

The stars had granted his wish.

"I killed her.." he whispered, struggling to stand still as the world spun around. One silly mistake. Something so stupid had created the greatest error of his life.

"NO!" he yelled out again. Objects went flying around the backyard, and  he rushed towards a tree. Holding onto it and feeling it age backwards. Leaves rise and fall from it incredibly.. He called up to the heavens and begged, "Please! Give me another chance! I'm sorry!"

Another star shot across the sky and a voice echoed through Romeo's head.

You can not take back a wish...it said. 

"No, please!" asked Romeo.

It is too late, responded the voice.

A vision shot through Romeo's mind. A powerful vision where he saw Amu's parents in the past.  The vision carried a cursed feeling, and Romeo saw Amu's parents lead seperate lives. Never giving birth to Amu, and never falling in love. He saw them both die, and Amu wasn't there at their funeral. She hadn't existed. She was gone..

Romeo screamed and clutched the sides of his head, "No! no! no!" he cried. Tears poured down his cheeks.

He screamed aloud, angry at the heavens for answering such a horrible wish, "Fine If I can't take back that wish, then I will prevent it with every ounce of my will!". 

The wind rushed harder, and almost blew him away.

"I wish for power over time!" he screamed, as more leaves fell and rose from the tree.

The entire world froze with his wish, and a small watch shot from the sky and clipped itself magically around his wrist.

It had an old fashioned screen, and when Romeo wished it had a more modern screen, ir immediately transformed into an lcd screen.

A screen that displayed a set of dials over a periods of years. A little warning message showed that time was paused.

He looked up to the sky to see that one last star had come over; The star that granted hjs wish for a more modern watch screen.

Romeo stepped away from the tree. 

His mind blown from humanity.

"What the hell?" he whispered. "What he hell?" he whispered again. 

"WHAT THE HELL!" he shouted.

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" 

But no matter how many times he screamed for himself to wake up, he remained still.

 

 

AFter five days of wondering around a frozen house, and down frozen streets, he finally realised that this was not a dream...

Lying on his oddly still bed, he closed his eyes.

He had this power. And he could use it for whatever purpose he wanted.

The thought of dominating the world. or becoming famous crossed his mind..but his longing for Amu's return...outpowered all of that.

All those superficial desires meant nothing compared to the precious life time had taken away.

And so he decided, that he would back in time and find Chanyeol and Rose...Amu's parents..and he would make them fall in love.

That way, Amu would comeback into the world, and he wouldn't have to feel this sadness.

Romeo burst into tears and screamed with pain, his heart choking as he clutched onto himself.

"NO matter what!" he promised himself. "I will bring her back! No matter what! Chanyeol and Rose will get married and they will have Amu. I'm going to back and find them...and if I can't get them to fall in love..I will force them to!"

 

A/N 

That was the prologue.

The next chapter is the official first chapter. And it will be introduced with Rose and Chanyeol. I'm so looknig forward to writing their story! So excited! Ahhhhhh! I CAN'T WAIT TO WRITE THIS AND CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU'S TO READ IT! The story of Rose and Chanyeol will officially begin in the next chapter.

Seven Minutes is my work and please. if you're gonna copy the idea...then please enjoy yourself. I love this story so much. I can see the whole story already, and it's not gonna be what you guys think it will be! Thanks for reading!