The chart

Prince Charming

 

CHAPTER 1

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

             The corridor was hella crowded. It was still early in the morning, but the students had already gathered in front of the bulletin board that was attached on the wall. The majority of them were female students that were really obsessed with the 'Prince Charming Chart' that would be plastered on the bulletin board on Monday, every week. 

 

           Her feet stopped walking when there was no space for her to walk in the corridor. Jung Ara, or usually being called as Ara, frowned. Her sharp eyes were eyeing all those female students that were gathering there till there was no space for her to walk to her classroom. All of them looked so head over heels over the 'Prince Charming Chart' that they seemed not to give a damn about other people around them. 

 

          The 'Prince Charming Chart' was her school's tradition and it had already existed right after the 5 years of her scool's establishment in 1984. And according to what people said, there is no one knows who made the chart and why does the chart exist until today. Ten years ago, the Parents and Teachers Associations had done an investigation to stop this tradition by staying overnight at the school. The investigation was said to be a secret and only a few teachers and the students' parents were involved and at that night, they found something unusual. 

 

          No one knew what happened. The teachers and parents involved in that investigation kept their mouths shut, and they even came up with several reasons saying that the chart was a tradition and no one could change it. And since then, the 'Prince Charming Chart' had always existed on Mondays. 

 

          A few years later, the 'Prince Charming Chart' was being questioned again by the Parents and Teachers Associations. They wanted the chart to be vanished and also to find out the culprit. They would like the culprit to be punished because they assumed that the chart had distracted students from learning. Soon, a few CCTVs had been installed to arrest the culprit that made the chart. 

 

          But much to their dismay, even after weeks of planning carefully, their plan didn't work out since the CCTVs didnt show anyone. However, weird enough, the chart would always be there on the next day. But not only that, there was a teacher that kept on trying to take the chart down or even to tear it from the bulletin board but this event would be followed by several minor accidents that happened to the teacher. And after the teacher admitted his mistakes, there was no more accidents and soon, he had decided to transfer school. 

 

          Since then, no one dared to take the 'Prince Charming Chart' down until today. According to the teachers there, the existence of the chart did not disturb the students' performance, but instead, it improved their performance year by year. 

 

          However, Ara begged to differ. In her opinion, the 'Prince Charming Chart' was a meaningless and basically a good-for-nothing chart for they praised and glorified the male students that were labelled as Prince Charmings. There would always be one male student that would be crowned as the Prince Charming. And among those that had always being charted were the students that obviously were popular in that school. Especially the official members of the Football Club. 

 

"Told you so! I have already said that Suho would definitely be able to snatch the 'Prince Charming' throne from Sehun."

 

          It definitely burnt Ara's ears to hear voices that were praising Suho's name non-stop that couldn't be denied as one of the most popular guys in the school. Just try to say Suho's name, everyone would definitely know him. Who wouldn't know him even? He was the captain of the Football Club that had already made the school proud by winning several matches.

 

          Oh Sehun, or known as Sehun was one of Suho's fierce competitor. He was also one of the official members of the Football Club. Just like Suho, Sehun also had his own 'fangirls'. Both of their popularity was indeed more influential than the rest of the male students in the school because not only they excelled in sports, but also in academics. 

 

          But unlike those typical dramas that showed if two heroes were competing, their friendship must be in danger, Suho and Sehun's friendship wasn't even close to that, heck, they were best friends and would always be seen together. Their competition for that chart didn't seem to disturb their friendship that had been formed for a very long time. 

 

          Ara grunted angrily. Since a few minutes ago, she couldn't even walk peacefully because of the ruckus. She had no idea why on earth would they make a big deal over that chart? To say it was normal for teenagers would be a big no since she was also a teenager herself. But, she would never be obsessed with that chart. She hated it with her whole being. For her, the chart was plain ridiculous. 

 

"YAHHHHHHH!" 

 

          She couldn't stand with the situation any longer, thus she let out her high-pitched scream. She screamed so loud that all the female students that were crowding the corridor stared her in disbelief. 

 

"Don't you all having nothing good to do? Why on earth are you guys standing here? Because of you all, it is hard for me to walk through!"

 

          A pin-drop silence. Everyone stopped what they were doing. They all were cowering under Ara's gaze, well, let's just say that she definitely looked like a lion that hadn't eaten anything yet. She gave them an intimidating sharp glare before her eyes landed on the chart that had been plastered neatly on the bulletin board. From there, she could see the faces of the so-called Prince Charmings together with their latest ranking. Suho's face topped the chart and followed by Sehun and other guys that she didn't give a damn about. 

 

          She lowkey pitied those female students that were obsessed with that stupid chart. Even if they were to worship the guys, then why to the point of creating that damn chart? Wouldn't it much better if they did something useful like making a chart of students that got good grades instead? She took a long stride towards the bulletin board and all the students there made way for her. just like a royalty that forced them to bow down before her. 

 

"I just can't understand you guys, why are you so obsessed over this ridiculous chart? What's so great about this 'Prince Charming Chart' huh?", she said, loud enough for the rest of the students to hear. Boldly, she ripped away the chart from the board.

 

          And at that time, everyone gasped, not believing their eyes. They were lost for words. It felt like a dream to witness someone that was brave enough to tear the 'Prince Charming Chart'. Ara turned around when she sensed the hustle and bustle situation minutes ago turned into silence. It felt like there was no one standing there. "Why? Do you guys feel sad for your sacred chart? Oops my bad that they are not Prince Charming but Prince Garbage!" She tossed the torn chart into the dustbin beside her. Without a hint of guilt, she started to walk away from the situation, completely oblivious about the stares that she received.

 

"Ah! Game over!", she silently praised herself. What a nice feeling!

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

            "What the hell? Did I just see you throwing the 'Prince Charming Chart' away?", Hana screamed hysterically. She couldn't believe her eyes, she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her. A while ago, when she was heading back to her classroom, she saw a commotion in the corridor. She assumed it was just the fangirls fighting over their Prince Charming as usual. But, she completely lost her mind the moment she saw the chart being torn by someone. And surprise es! That someone turned out to be her bestfriend, Jung Ara.

 

          Ara was acting like nothing had happened, she could careless about it for God's sake. Deep inside, she was aware that among the chart's worshippers, Hana was also one of them. The one that was obsessed with the stupid chart.

 

"Ara, for Heaven's sake! You just threw away the 'Prince Charming Chart' and here you are sitting casually and don't give a damn about it." Frankly saying, Hana was still taken aback by that incident. Who wouldn't?

 

"Goodness, what on earth is wrong with you? And in case you don't know, you look like a crazy monkey right now....", Ara said, weird with her bestfriend who kept walking back and forth just like someone who lost her brain.

 

"Oh my God, the problem now is you Ara!"

 

"And care to explain why?"

 

"Ara, did you know that you just made a huge mistake?" 

 

"What?"

 

"What??? Are you kidding me? Wow! Such a bestfriend I have!", Hana commented sarcastically. "Listen here buddy, you just threw away the 'Prince Charming Chart'! And that's your mistake! You have been in this school for 3 years, Ara! I repeat, 3 ing years. Not a month or two. Three years so this means you have been informed about what is happening in this school. I bet you already know that the chart is our school's tradition. According to the legend, whoever torn the chart would face the consequences. They will not live peacefully or in other words, their peaceful life is over!", she snapped in disbelief. Ara was being such a again that she wished nothing but to strangle her own bestfriend at that moment.

 

 After being silent for a few seconds, Ara defended herself, "It's only a chart, Hana. A piece of paper. I don't believe in those rumours. It's hella impossible!"

 

"Things like this had already happened, okay? There was once a teacher that tried to throw the chart away, but unfortunately, when he was on her way back to home, he almost got hit by a car. But thank God there was someone who saved him. Otherwise, the teacher would be dead on the spot. And since then, no one dared to throw the chart away including all the teachers in this school", Hana explained for the umpteenth time, desperately trying to knock some sense into her friend's thick head.

 

"I know that", said Ara that started to feel nausea hearing that story from the girl infront of her. "But, I still don't want to believe that stupid tale. Look, this whole thing is truly pointless. There must be someone that made this chart just to praise her Prince Charming."

 

Hana took a deep breath. Honestly, it was pointless to advise her stubborn friend. "Okay, it's up to you! Whatever. But remember this, if you happen to be involved in an accident on your way back home, don't ever put the blame on me. I have already warned you! If you are scared, you better behave like a good girl and get your out of here, find the chart back and put it back on its place."

 

"If only I remember.." Ara muttered weakly.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

              Ara walked out of the library after she had finished doing all her assignments that were being given by her teachers. It was like her daily routine once her lessons for the day ended. Usually, if there was a homework given, she wouldn't directly go home but instead trying to finish them all because if she was to go home directly, she was sure that she would probably end up snuggling with her pillow or even lazying on her bed till she forgot to do her homework. 

 

          The school area was deserted since the school session had already ended. You could see that majority of the students had already went home. Only a few students were still there because of their club activities. When she was walking in the corridor, she glanced at the bulletin board and she saw that there was a female student that was staring directly at a piece of paper that was plastered on the board. And right at that moment, the paper caught her attention. It was like there was just something that kept on insisting her to take a look so she did. 

 

URGENT!!!

A MANAGER IS REQUIRED FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB TEAM

 

Criteria:

1) Must be knowledgeable in sports, especially soccer

2) Hard working

3) Love soccer

4) Male/Female (But female is better hehehehe....)

5) Willing to take consequences

 

If you are interested, please come to our interview on:

Wednesday (2.30 p.m. - 4.30 p.m.)

 

 

         "Freaking hell? A manager for the Football Club? And they mostly prefer.... a girl? They surely are just a bunch of hormonal teenagers. Pfft!", Ara could only shake her head. And then, she looked beside her. Empty. No oneIf she could remember perfectly, there was someone standing beside her jotting down something on her notebook. Well, maybe she already went home.

 

          Without wasting time, she started to walk away from there, completely had forgotten about the manager's vacancy ad that she read awhile ago. Once she was out of sight, there were two male students approaching the bulletin board and looked at the so-called advertisement. Without thinking any longer, one of them tore the ad and passed it to his friend that was standing beside him before both of them walked away from the corridor without saying anything. 

 

          As soon as Ara stepped out of the school's gate, she was shocked by the loud boom of the thunder together with the heavy downpour out of the blue. She was now heavily drenched from head to toe. Without further ado, she ran toward the nearest bus stop desperately seeking for shelter. 

 

         "God, why is it raining suddenly?", Ara sighed weakly. As far as she could remember, the weather was just nice awhile ago but once she stepped out of the gate, it started to rain heavily. Suddenly, Hana's warning crossed her mind. 

 

         "Crazy!", she muttered while taking out her folded umbrella. It was still raining heavily. Thus, she made up her mind to stay there for awhile waiting for the rain to stop pouring. Soon, the rain had stopped. She opened up her umbrella and started to walk. Once she had make sure there were no more moving vehicles on the road, her legs started to make a huge stride to cross the road. When she was in the middle of the road, her ears caught sound of a long horn. At that moment, she tried to look for the source of the loud horn but oh dear, what she saw next made her gasped loudly, a black car was moving toward her at high speed. She was in a state of shock. Her feet couldn't move. Her brain couldn't function properly but instead, that event of this morning kept on crossing her mind. 

 

Her yelling at those female students because of the 'Prince Charming Chart'.

 

Her tearing the sacred chart without thinking of the consequences.

 

 

           And suddenly, she remembered about what Hana said that morning. The horn was getting longer and louder, the car was also getting nearer but she couldn't seem to move. Both of her legs were like being glued on the road. She was just waiting for her to be hit. 

 

          Out of nowhere, she could feel her body was being wrapped around someone's arms. A muscular one. In a blink of an eye, she was lying on the ground. She was still in a state of shock although someone had already saved her poor . A guy. 

 

           Ara was trying her best to take a look at her savior, but her sight was getting blurry. What she only managed to see was a yellow jacket that was indeed too familiar to her. Even though she was getting weaker and might faint anytime soon, she was more than sure that the yellow jacket was the official jacket for the members of the Football Club

 

"Prince Charming...", she uttered before darkness took over.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

So how was it? Sorry for the crappy grammar, english aint my main language lmao. By the way, please leave a comment!