bonus chapter #3 (1/2)

the art of purr-suasion

C: Sehun, Jongin, Chanyeol, Luhan, mentioned!Baekhyun. 

Part 1/2.

 W.C: 12k+.


 

 

CHRISTMAS DAY

 

 

 

"You're absolutely positive he won't hurl, right?"

 

"For the hundredth time-"

 

"Like, 100% positive? Seriously, this sweater's brand new, I don't want chunks all over it!"

 

"Would you cut it out already-"

 

"And you're not just saying that, right? Like, you're-"

 

"Put your phone in the box and shut up-"

 

"I swear to God, if you're lying to me, I'll-"

 

"Chanyeol, they've been waving you over for five minutes now, just-"

 

"Sehun, look at the shiny things in here!!! Look, look, look!!!

 

Tearing his eyes off the conveyor belt, after he registers frantic tugging on his sleeve, Sehun blinks before looking at Jongin, who is practically bouncing up and down whilst pointing to one of the plastic boxes on the conveyor belt. It's filled to the brim with objects that Sehun figures would drive a magpie crazy, especially the silver brooch amongst the pile. Sehun doesn't get a chance to tell Jongin that said box isn't, in fact, theirs, when Jongin suddenly reaches out and grabs a black belt before attempting to yank off the buckle. A part of Sehun is sort of really glad, because it gives him an excuse to not have to listen to Chanyeol constant yammering (which has been going on for half an hour straight) about whether or not Jongin might end up getting motion sickness and thus vomit everywhere later on.

 

Whilst apologizing to the woman in front of them, Sehun winces when Jongin tightens his grip around his wrist. Now that Sehun thinks about it, Jongin has been sticking to him like glue ever since they stepped foot into the airport an hour ago.

 

Sehun clearly recalls dropping his bag inches from his own foot when Jongin emitted a low hiss seconds after seeing the hundreds of people (and being hit with a million different scents, Sehun figures) before quite literally clambering onto Sehun's back the second they crossed the threshold and walked in the sliding glass doors. Now that Sehun thinks about it, he sort of wants to slap himself for not taking Jongin's immense shyness towards strangers into consideration before their taxi pulled up at the airport, but he figures that he's got his own messy head to blame (courtesy of Jongin flat out refusing to get out of bed after Sehun woke him up at five in the morning, despite the fact that Jongin hadn't even packed yet, which in turn resulted in Sehun packing his bag for him).

 

The next couple of minutes (which felt a lot like hours) were spent with Chanyeol attempting to find a decent balance between attempting to pry Jongin off of Sehun (who eventually tripped over his own bag and nearly fell flat on his face under Jongin's weight) whilst simultaneously doing his best to avoid getting his eyes slashed out. The handfuls of people who walked towards them, pointed, and took pictures (which Chanyeol hated), did absolutely nothing to calm Jongin's nerves, and the latter only tightened his grip around Sehun's waist before Chanyeol successfully managed to grab his ankles before dragging him off.

 

Even though Sehun figures that the huge scene they caused (given that everybody in the entire airport had their eyes on them, and the fact that they were quite literally blocking the entrance to the building the whole time) probably should have been his biggest priority, Sehun found himself being more worried about Jongin possibly suffering a nervous breakdown, which in turn might have caused the latter to blindly rush through the doors and, worst case scenario, right into the swarm of hundreds upon hundreds of taxis and buses outside. The mere thought makes Sehun nauseous and he had to grab Jongin's arms and pull Jongin closer before he could send himself into a nervous breakdown, as well. Sehun recalls Chanyeol muttering God knows what under his breath whilst the latter apologized profusely to the people sending them strange and irritated looks.

 

They eventually managed to calm Jongin down (Sehun figures that his suggestion of buying Jongin a six pound bag of candy might have had something to do with the equation) after Sehun told Jongin to simply stay as close to him as possible, which Sehun may or not have regretted mere minutes afterwards, considering the fact that Jongin may or may not have taken his statement literally. Sehun eventually found himself stumbling with each step after constantly tripping over Jongin's feet (which had Chanyeol practically dying of laughter each time), as well as his bag. 

 

Despite that, Sehun eventually had to put his foot down after Jongin flat out refused to leave his side when Sehun needed to use the restroom, and after a brief argument, which Chanyeol lost, Chanyeol ultimately dragged their luggage inside the bathroom (and tripping twice in the process). Jongin recalls emitting a loud series of giggles when Chanyeol proceeded to send him exasperated glares from across the bathroom, all whilst Jongin sat with his entire body pressed up against Sehun's cubicle whilst the latter did his business.

 

Everything went smoothly after that. For ten seconds, that is, until a, according to Jongin, 'scary looking man' entered the bathroom, which subsequently resulted in Chanyeol dragging Jongin away by the ankles after Jongin attempted to scramble inside Sehun's cubicle by wriggling through the small space underneath the stall door (Sehun knows that Chanyeol will be using his shriek of surprise against him til the day he dies). 

 

The following ten minutes consisted of Chanyeol repeatedly reassuring Jongin that tattoos and excessive facial hair weren't, in fact, scary, whilst Jongin practically shook like a leaf in his arms as they sat on a row of chairs outside. It wasn't until said man emerged from the bathroom and sent Jongin and Chanyeol a dirty look that Jongin scrambled out of Chanyeol's grip, nearly slashing the latter in the face, before he bolted back inside the restroom and curled up outside Sehun's cubicle again. Chanyeol didn't even bother stopping him.

 

When the woman in front of them (who thankfully seems to be in a good mood, since she simply sends Jongin a smile) walks through the metal detectors, Chanyeol wordlessly grabs a gray box before he proceeds to remove his belt, shoes and jacket. Jongin watches, ears twitching in all directions as a woman in glasses and a black suit (that sort of reminds Jongin of the military jackets he's seen on TV) proceeds to guide the box down the conveyor belt before it disappears behind a curtain, which Jongin figures somebody must have cut up with a scissor.

 

The sound of a metal detector going off a few rows to the right has Jongin wanting to rip his own ears off, and he tightens his grasp on Sehun's hand as he watches Chanyeol walk through the detector shortly after. A little girl starts crying a few feet away, which is closely followed by a robotic voice, which seems to go on for ages as it blares from the speakers, and Jongin swallows thickly. He doesn't get a chance to think about it any further, though, when he feels a hand on his shoulder, which nearly has him jumping five feet in the air.

 

Sehun blinks at the way Jongin's wild gaze before he chuckles. "You'll need to remove it, or else you'll set it off," he softly says and gestures at Jongin's waist area. He grabs another box as he watches Jongin remove his belt (which is awfully difficult when you're holding somebody else's hand at the same time), and Sehun proceeds to place it inside the box. "Now they'll need your--" Sehun squawks loudly as he reaches across and nearly chops Jongin's hand right off when he sees Jongin removing his jeans, as well. "Christ, Jongin--"

 

Jongin blinks, ears flattening when he hears giggling coming from all directions. "But you said-"

 

"Just the belt," Sehun hurriedly says before sighing and apologizing to the man behind them, who looks absolutely terrified beyond belief. "Now take off your shoes," he says and chuckles when he sees Chanyeol standing on the other side of the metal detector with his face buried in his hands. As Jongin buttons his jeans and removes his sneakers, as well as his coat, Sehun quickly puts everything in the box before patting his shoulder. "See those girls over there?" He points to the two women standing on the other side with scanners in their hands. "Go up to them and do what they tell you, alright?" He kisses Jongin's cheek, only to blink when Jongin doesn't budge.

 

Swallowing, Jongin feels his ears flatten even more when said women send him friendly smiles. He isn't sure what it is, but he's pretty sure that there's something about their uniforms, and the strange things in their hands, that leads Jongin to believe that they'll probably beat him up for saying or doing the wrong thing. With the coldness of the tile floor seeping through his socks, Jongin unconsciously grips Sehun's sleeve when one of them waves him over. Another loud, robotic voice emits from the speakers and Jongin feels his pulse quicken. "I don't wanna."

 

Sehun ruffles Jongin's hair. "It's alright, they're not going to hurt you," he chuckles before kissing the top of Jongin's head. He proceeds to remove his right shoe, only to nearly topple over when Jongin buries his face in the crook of his neck. "Jongin, it's--" It's not until Jongin coils his tail (which is puffed up beyond belief) around Sehun's thigh that he rubs the small of Jongin's back and points to Chanyeol. "See? Chanyeol made it out okay, didn't he?"

 

Jongin slowly lifts his head and sees Chanyeol sending him a reassuring smile, but it does little to calm his nerves when the two women beckon him towards them again. The sound of people rushing about, as well as the constant beeping coming from all directions, only makes Jongin want to run back home and hide under the couch, and he only keens when the man behind them sends him a less than friendly glare. "Sehun, I don't wanna-"

 

"If I made it out alive, you'll make it out alive guaranteed," Chanyeol suddenly calls from the other side, which makes Sehun chuckle. He walks up to the belt and grabs his coat before placing it near his feet. He goes on to comment on how hungry he is and how he wishes Sehun and Jongin would 'hurry their asses up already', before settling himself down on a chair.

 

"He has a point, you know," Sehun laughs but he only sighs when Jongin continues to shake his head. "Look, it's alright, see?" He gently pries Jongin off of him before walking towards the metal detector, awfully glad that he doesn't end up setting it off, before sending Jongin a bright smile. Sehun immediately feels a pang of guilt when he sees Jongin staring at him on the other side, ears flat against his head and tail coiled around his ankle as he nervously chews on his bottom lip. Sehun waits for the two women to finish scanning him before turning around and gesturing at the spot next to him. "See? There's nothing to be--"

 

Now, Sehun isn't sure what startles him the most; the loud, unexpected beeping, which is closely followed by flashing red lights, or Jongin's subsequent shriek of fear after he sets off the metal detector (after inching towards it ever so slightly), but Sehun doesn't even get a chance to think about it when both he and Chanyeol exchange unreadable looks before practically flying forward. Sehun knows that the loud noises emitting from the machines, as well as the handfuls of people who proceed to indiscreetly stare and laugh, are riling Jongin up by the second as the latter blindly rushes about everywhere and nearly collides with an old woman, who whacks him with her handbag. Sehun can only curse when Jongin scrambles onto the conveyor belt in the commotion to escape all the noise and stares, but Chanyeol thankfully manages to grab Jongin and pull him down to the floor before the latter makes it past the thick, black curtains.

 

The next thing Sehun registers is staring up at the ceiling lights with the two female staff members hovering above him, courtesy of Jongin tackling him to the floor after looking up and spotting him. Sehun figures that he might as well nail himself to the floor when he feels Jongin shaking like a leaf on top of him. The women proceed to say something, but Sehun can hardly hear them over Jongin's incoherent strings of wails and sobs as he clings onto Sehun for dear life. Whilst Chanyeol collects their belongings after they reappear on the other side, Sehun rubs the small of Jongin's back and he proceeds to remind Jongin about how much fun they're all going to have once they reach California in a couple of hours, which sort of calms Jongin down, but only slightly. Chanyeol eventually has to pry Jongin off of Sehun when the latter feels his back ache.

 

"Here's your stuff," Chanyeol hums, seemingly ignoring the fact that just about everybody is staring at them, before he playfully dumps Jongin's coat on top of the latter's head and hands Jongin's shoes, belt and cell phone to Sehun. Chanyeol's eyebrows suddenly furrow and he emits a groan of exasperation. "Are you-- How did nobody notice this?" He rolls his eyes and gestures at Jongin's hand. 

 

Sehun gets up and brushes himself off, with Jongin still clinging to him like glue, only to sigh when he sees the silver ring on Jongin's finger. Sehun knows for a fact that there's no way anybody is going to convince Jongin to walk through the detector again, so he simply explains the situation to one of the staff members, who seem to let them all off the hook (after unsuccessfully trying to get Jongin to walk through the detector, that is, and Sehun figures that their entire trip would've been cut short if he hadn't managed to stop Jongin from slashing their faces). After thanking them profusely, Sehun simply kisses Jongin's forehead before handing the latter his belongings. Jongin continues to stare daggers at the two women for trying to drag him towards the metal detector a second time, before he eventually puts his shoes and belt on.

 

"Talk about needing to bring swords and shields if we ever choose to visit this place again," Chanyeol mumbles under his breath as he runs a hand through his hair. Even though he most definitely hasn't styled it, his quiff is still perfectly intact since yesterday, and Sehun has to swat Jongin's hand away when the latter attempts to run his fingers through the silver strands. "Man, good riddance on Baekhyun's part, since it wasn't even real sil...nevermind." He lazily gestures at Jongin's ring. "How much time have we got?" he asks, not even bothering to hide the suggestiveness in his voice when they subsequently pass the food court.

 

Watching Jongin stumble again (since he merely toed his sneakers on in his hurry to get away from the security check, which has him basically limping with each step he takes), Sehun checks his watch after telling Jongin to put his shoes on properly. "An hour, roughly," he replies, and he fights the urge to tell Chanyeol not to bring up Baekhyun's recent divorce around Jongin, because the last thing Sehun wants is to have to sit Jongin down and explain the soul crushing process that is ending a (four year, in Baekhyun's case) marriage. Not that Sehun would expect Jongin to understand any of it, but he figures that it's best to be on the safe side.

 

"Can we eat??" Jongin asks, still sticking to Sehun like glue as he pokes the latter's cheek. Thankfully, there don't seem to be all that many people surrounding the food court and cafés nearby, so he loosens his grip on Sehun's arm ever so slightly (as in, barely). "Pleasepleaseplease--" His entire face lights up when he sees somebody passing by with a large trolley stacked with bags. It almost reminds Jongin of the trolleys Sehun pushed him around in at the grocery store, which only makes Jongin that much ecstatic as he tugs on Sehun's sleeve. "Look, look!"

 

"First of all," Chanyeol says, seemingly noticing Jongin's staring even though his eyes haven't left the menus to one of the cafés, "you just had like, a ton of candy--" He hurriedy explains to Sehun that Jongin already knows what said word means, thanks to Luhan, after Sehun sends him a glare. "And secondly, I didn't know you were a bag." He smirks. "Although you definitely weigh as much as one," he snickers and figures he deserves the subsequent whack to the head from Jongin.

 

Sehun only sends Chanyeol a tired look before gripping Jongin's wrist (not that he's worried about Jongin running off, since five flight attendants are walking towards them, which has Jongin cowering). "He's right, you know, we've already checked in our luggage, remember?" he says and ruffles Jongin's hair. It's not until he hears Chanyeol telling them what he's getting to eat that Sehun feels his stomach growl. He figures that he deserves a bite to eat for getting up extra early and packing Jongin's bags and thus missing breakfast. "And those are for bags, not cats."

 

"But just pretend I'm a kitten, right???" Jongin says, a hopeful glint in his eyes as he pokes Sehun's chest over and over. "Right??"

 

Sehun raises an eyebrow. "I thought you never wanted to be called a-"

 

"I saw people sitting on those when we got here!!" Jongin says, figuring he needs to sit down and rest, anyway, since all this walking around has made his legs exhausted. He doesn't realize he's said it out loud until Chanyeol points out the fact that he'll be doing a whole lot more walking once they get to Disneyland later, which only makes Jongin pout. "But they can, so why can't I-"

 

"Those girls were like, five or four," Chanyeol remarks before he gets out his wallet. "Not 22, as in, light enough to ride on my back, as in, qualified to sit in one of those bag-trolley thingymajigs," he adds before turning back around and adjusting his black sweater after commenting on how hot it is. "I actually have a rule that goes a little like this--" He faces Sehun with a small chuckle. "If you're too heavy to sit on my shoulders, you're too heavy for just about anything." Sehun doesn't even bother telling him that that might not have been the wisest thing to say, and the following five minutes are spent with Chanyeol trying to shake Jongin off after the latter inevitably climbs onto his back (and shoulders) in an attempt to prove himself, all whilst Sehun mouths a string of apologies to the travellers passing by.

 

Eventually, Sehun does end up fetching a trolley, but only after making Jongin promise to hold onto his tail he doesn't end up getting it caught in one of the wheels, whilst Chanyeol ordered his food. Knowing they couldn't bring the trolley with them into the food court (and Sehun already knew that there was no way on Earth that Jongin would agree to sit and eat outside all by himself), they had to cut Jongin's ride short before convincing the latter to follow them inside.

 

Thankfully, the food court is along the lines of deserted, given the early time, and Jongin happily skips towards the fried chicken booth after seeing the colorful cartoon hen in the logo. Jongin's fear of strangers, as Sehun notes, seems to briefly disappear whilst the former rambles on and on about Luhan to the employees, Jongin's tail swishing back and forth as he goes on to tell them about the time Luhan caught a bird that looked just like the one in the logo, whilst Sehun orders Jongin his food. However, it's not until Jongin proceeds to shamelessly spill every single gruesome detail of Luhan's catch that Sehun clears his throat and asks Jongin to fetch himself a drink.

 

A few people entering the food court send Jongin disgusted looks whilst the latter proceeds to mix every single soda from the soda machine, until his glass is filled with a fizzy, orangey brown liquid. Jongin doesn't seem to mind at all, though. In fact, he finds himself much more enticed by the colorful pictures printed above the nozzles, which in turn has Chanyeol briefly abandoning his sandwich as he flies out of his chair before dragging Jongin away, after Jongin went on to repeatedly push the button to the orange soda whilst giggling in amusement at the bright yellow color.

 

"Y'know," Chanyeol huffs whilst practically dragging Jongin back to their table by the shirt, "if there's one thing I can't stand about you lot, it's your creepy staring and your weird ability to be amused by the unfunniest of things." He gestures at the red couch, only to blink when Jongin shakes his head. "Stop being a and just sit, for God's sake." Chanyeol quickly gives up on trying to get Jongin to take a seat after the latter goes on to complain about the hardness of the seats and how much they would hurt his tail. Thankfully, Chanyeol doesn't need to spring out of his chair again, since Sehun susbequently returns with their food. "You took your goddamn time."

 

"Took forever to convince them to give us our food," Sehun chuckles after sitting down and looking over his shoulder to make sure their trolley hasn't been stolen. It hasn't, so he slides the red, plastic tray across the table and tries to ignore the warmth spreading across his entire chest when Jongin's eyes fill with stars. "Remember what happened at Luhans, right? Remember to blow on y--" Sehun gives up on the rest of his sentence when Jongin proceeds to stuff an entire piece of fried chicken in his mouth, and Chanyeol can only groan into his sandwich when Jongin inevitably spits the whole thing out after burning his tongue.

 

Jongin scrambles for his drink, nearly knocking the tray off the table as he wraps his lips around the straw. Despite Chanyeol's indiscreet grimace, Jongin would argue that mixing ten different sodas ended up tasting a whole lot better than he initially thought it would, and he ends up downing it all in one long swig. Setting the empty glass back on the table, Jongin picks up a few fries while absently swinging his legs back and forth, not even noticing he just kicked Chanyeol in the shin until the latter winces in pain.

 

After apologizing (and giggling profusely), Jongin simply stuffs the handful of bright yellow fries in his mouth as he scans his surroundings. "Why's everything so gray looking???" he murmurs between chews, ears flattening when he realizes just how boring and depressing everything looks, especially since the ceiling and walls make him feel like he's trapped inside a metal box (Jongin always figured that their stop before Disneyland would be just as bright and exciting as Disneyland itself).

 

Chanyeol picks out an onion before placing it on the plastic wrapper. "Because you're a cat," he sniggers and Sehun can't help the loud laugh that nearly has him spitting out his salad.

 

"That's just how airports are," Sehun hums after a minute, as he picks at his salad with his (flimsy) fork, but he puts it down when he notices Jongin's sullen expression. "Hey, I promise it won't be like this at all when we get there, alright?" He reaches across and Jongin's cheek with his thumb, which has Jongin's eyes filling with hearts (which in turn causes him to accidentally kick Chanyeol a second time, much to the latter's dismay). Sehun goes on to remind Jongin to chew with his mouth closed for the millionth time when the latter grins widely.

 

Jongin picks up another fry and nibbles on it, Chanyeol's joke seemingly flying right over his head as he pouts. "Luhan told me they had this scary ride there," he says, his tail swaying in anticipation. "Like, you sit in...something, and there's scary stuff everywhere." He proceeds to stuff another piece of chicken in his mouth before beaming up at Sehun and Chanyeol. "Can we??? Please--"

 

"I can get behind that," Chanyeol mumbles after seeing Sehun reluctantly biting his lip. 

 

Sehun is silent for a minute. The mere idea of Jongin possibly freaking out and gouging both his and Chanyeol's eyes out, whilst trapped inside a dark tunnel filled with scary monsters and God knows what else, really isn't really doing much to convince him. "I...we'll see," he mumbles, not even trying to hide the reluctance in his tone as he scoops up a few pieces of lettuce with his fork. He can tell that Chanyeol is practically dying to give it a shot, which only makes Sehun sigh. "It's just that-"

 

"But Luhan said it wasn't even scary!!" Jongin exclaims a little louder than necessary, and deliberately chooses to leave out the part about Luhan slashing one of the actors square in the face, which nearly got his entire family kicked out, after they proceeded to jump out and touch him. "Can't we try it??? Just once??" He sends Sehun another one of his puppy looks, which has the latter focusing on his salad bowl before he caves. When Sehun only sighs, Jongin picks up a fry and tosses it at him with a childish huff. "Luhan said I had to or else I'd officially be a kitten for the rest of my life."

 

Brushing the salt off his shirt, Sehun mouths a discreet ' off' at Chanyeol after the latter sniggers, before placing a hand on Jongin's wrist. "You're not a kitten for refusing to do something you don't want to do," he softly says, ignoring Chanyeol's snicker. "And-"

 

"But I wanna do it!" Jongin retorts although both Sehun and Chanyeol easily pick up on the wariness in his voice. Jongin figures that it can't be nearly as scary as the time he watched '101 Dalmations' with his foster sister, which terrified him so badly that he couldn't sleep a wink the following week. Not to mention he wasn't watching said movie with the comfort of having Sehun by his side. "Please?? Just once??" When he gets no response, Jongin is about to toss another fry at Sehun's hair when his phone suddenly vibrates inside his pocket, which has Jongin flinching so hard that he nearly knocks his tray right off the table. 

 

After coming down from his shock, Jongin pulls out his phone and blinks when he sees none other than Luhan's name on the screen. He wipes the grease off his hands (on his jeans, which Sehun subsequently scolds him for) before putting the phone by his ear.

 

"Merry Christmas!!" Luhan squeals into the receiver, which nearly has Jongin's ear falling off. "Are you guys at the airport right now?? Put me on loudspeaker!!" He loudly sighs when Jongin goes silent. "You know, the button with the megaphone thingy??" he huffs. It takes Jongin a minute to figure out what Luhan is talking about, but he soon finds said button and quickly places his phone on the table after Luhan asks him to. "Hey, can y'all hear me??? What's all that rumbling I hear???" His loud voice nearly shakes the entire floor as it blares from the speakers, and Sehun flies forward and lowers the volume when a security guard walks past.

 

"Probably people dragging their bags around everywhere," Chanyeol absently says before taking another bite out of his sandwich. "When're you guys leaving, anyway?" he asks and squawks when Jongin tries swiping a slice of ham when it comes close to falling out of his sandwich. "Get away from me--"

 

"Jongin, are you being a kitten again?" Luhan asks with false strictness before bursting into a series of loud laughter. "Lighten up, I can see your pout all the way from here," he giggles and Jongin blinks when he realizes that he is, in fact, pouting. "Anyway, how're you guys doing??? Are y'all excited or what?? I know I would be!! I mean, I was, cause I've been there, but yeah! Get closer, by the way, I can barely hear any of you!!" 

 

Sehun hums something under his breath. "Very," he chuckles after leaning in. "Although some of us might be a tad bit more excited than others," he adds after looking up at Jongin, who is on the verge of falling off his seat from how much he's shaking with anticipation. "You guys are leaving soon, aren't you?"

 

Jongin hears Luhan say something about leaving after ten o'clock before stuffing a piece of chicken in his mouth. He has no idea if Luhan's mother would be okay with letting Luhan eat fast food for breakfast, but he figures that Sehun is better than her in that aspect. Tuning out the sounds of Chanyeol and Luhan bickering, about whether or not Chanyeol really is too big of a baby to go on any of the scary rides, Jongin picks up a fry and holds it up in front of Sehun's face. Sehun stares at it for a second before biting down on it, chuckling at Jongin's surprised squeal after he pretends to bite down on Jongin's finger, as well. 

 

"Would you two cut it out and stop being disgusting, people are staring," Chanyeol huffs after tearing his eyes off the (blank) screen, just in time to see Sehun pick up a piece of chicken, which he proceeds to feed to Jongin across the table (after promptly refusing to toss it, after Jongin suggested he'd catch in with his mouth in mid air). Chanyeol only sighs into his sandwich when Jongin emits a loud string of giggles whilst loudly chewing. "Sorry about...that, they're--"

 

"That's nothing, you should see how often he asked Sehun to spoon feed him whenever they came over for dinner, it was hil-a-rious, but also kinda really cute," Luhan chuckles and Jongin briefly wonders if Luhan might actually be hiding somewhere in the airport and spying on them, because how on Earth did he know??? "Anyway, don't be jealous, Yeol, I'm also lacking a prince and I'm not complaining about it."

 

"You just complained about it like, ten seconds ago," Chanyeol huffs and Jongin sort of hates himself for missing it. "Anyway, name one ride and I'm on it."

 

Luhan is silent for a moment. "The scary one Jongin's gonna go on," he sniggers. Jongin's ears subsequently perk up. "Y'know, the pirate themed one--"

 

"You mean the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' one??" Chanyeol says and blinks. A part of Sehun is dying to for apparently knowing about it. "What's so scary about that?"

 

"Duh, there's a ton of moving things and loud noises and it's so dark you can barely even hear yourself think," Luhan says and ignores Sehun's remark of 'That doesn't even make any sense!'. "Not to mention that like, there's this like, weird cave part with like, strange lights and loud singing, it's actually kind of annoying." He hums to himself for a minute before his voice suddenly breaks up. "Oh, and you're in a boat, which can get kinda creepy, since I've heard it can easily tip over if you stand up during the ride! Many people tried it but I dunno if it's actually true. I mean, I didn't try it, but yeah," he adds and  Jongin, Sehun and Chanyeol all know that he's definitely lying.

 

Jongin bounces up and down in his seat. The thought of boats only makes him think of water, and water only reminds him of the pond back at home, where there's fish, and the bridge - on which he and Sehun spent majority of their nights a couple of months ago. "Sehun said he'll take us on that one!" he squees, ignoring the strange looks he's sent from a family of four when they sit down at the table next to them.

 

Luhan only emits a triumphant noise, which has Sehun nearly dropping his fork in surprise. "When did I-"

 

"There's cameras inside like, every ride, by the way, so make sure to buy every single photo and show me, okay???" Luhan asks after Chanyeol snickers. "Oh, that reminds me!" It's not until he emits an indiscreet snigger than Sehun automatically sighs. "There's this love tunnel somewhere in the park, you should look for it!! I didn't go on it 'cause all the pink hurt my eyes like crazy, but Jongin and Sehun, you two should go on it! Make sure to send me pictures, okay??? I mean, not if they're too gross, but yeah!!"

 

Sehun blinks. He's sort of glad Luhan isn't actually here, because in that case, Luhan would be teasing Chanyeol to the moon and back at how much the latter is cringing at the words 'love tunnel'. "Sure, I don't see why not," Sehun hums and he practically buries his face in his salad bowl when Luhan proceeds to (casually, all too casually) ask if he and Jongin are planning on 'doing it in the tunnel'. Jongin only slaps Chanyeol's hand away when the latter hurriedly attempts to end the call, considering the fact that the family next to them is staring at them like they've all got two heads. It's not until Luhan asks them if they're still there that Sehun lifts his head and sighs. "No, we aren't."

 

"We aren't???" Jongin loudly asks, which only makes Chanyeol want to crawl underneath the table and hide. Now, Jongin is by no means an expert, but he figures that Sehun making love to him whilst inside a tunnel dedicated to relationships and the color pink makes perfect sense, but he doesn't get a chance to say it out loud when Sehun only gestures at him to be quiet. "But it makes sense, right??" Jongin squawks, Luhan only humming in agreement on the other end. "Why not?? It makes sense! I wanna do it in the love tunnel--" Jongin only blinks when Sehun only playfully flicks a piece of lettuce at him. "Hey--"

 

"Now that's one picture I definitely won't be buying," Chanyeol mutters to himself before stuffing the rest of his sandwich in his mouth. 

 

Luhan snickers. "That's just 'cause you'll be sitting at the back watching," he says and Sehun only pats Chanyeol's back when the latter rolls his eyes. "Don't worry, if I went back then, I'd be sitting behind my brother and his ex, so I feel ya." He's silent for a minute. "When are you guys boarding, by the way??"

 

Sehun checks his watch, trying not to hide his utter relief at the subject change. "In twenty," he says before finishing whatever is left of his salad and placing the fork inside the empty bowl. The little girl sitting at the table next to them reaches across and tries grabbing Jongin's tail, and the next thing Sehun knows, he's trying to prevent his thighs from being crushed when Jongin scrambles into his lap. Their father proceeds to mutter something along the lines of Jongin being a 'freak', only to turn away when Chanyeol sends them all a murderous look. 

 

"Make sure to get the window seat, Jongin, okay??" Luhan excitedly says. "I mean, you won't see any birds, which , but at least you won't be bored!" He chuckles. "I'm gonna eat the biggest pizza you've ever seen tomorrow, by the way, I'll make sure to send you videos, and you better reply!!!"

 

Jongin hums something under his breath, a wave of fatigue washing over him as he plays with his fingers in Sehun's lap. Jongin doesn't bothering telling Luhan that Chanyeol had the liberty of getting the window seat, whilst he ended up with the middle seat and Sehun the aisle seat. As he reaches across the table (and nearly crushes Sehun's legs in the process) and picks up a few fries, Jongin rests his chin on Sehun's shoulder when the latter goes on to reassure Jongin that the middle seat being almost better than the window or aisle seat, due to the fact that Jongin could rest his head on either his or Chanyeol's shoulders as he slept. The thought sort of makes Jongin feel a little better as he nibbles on the fries in his hand, but Jongin figures that as long as the plane food is relatively decent, he won't have much to complain about.

 

As Sehun rubs the small of his back, Jongin is in the midst of daydreaming all about the candy and rides he's going to be enjoying in less than six hours when Luhan's voice calling his name makes him flinch.

 

"They've got coloring books and other fun stuff so I doubt you'll be bored," Luhan chuckles before the joyful tone returns to his voice. "Hey, does anyone know what a mile high club is??? I just found out yesterday," he says and Jongin misses the way the entire family turns their heads to look at them, which is closely followed by Chanyeol running a hand down his face. It's not until Jongin says no, which is proceeded by Luhan delving deep into explanation, that Sehun hastily mutters a barely coherent goodbye before hanging up the phone.

 

As Chanyeol only groans to himself, Jongin blinks before swatting Sehun's shoulder. "Why'd you do that," he mumbles, even though he's sort of relieved, because the side effects of getting out of bed at six o'clock this morning seem to be catching up with him. All Jongin wants to do is lie down on the floor and sleep, which he figures must be too much to ask, since Sehun subsequently pats his back before saying something about heading to the gate.

 

After unsuccessfully convincing Sehun to carry him, Jongin simply crawls onto the trolley before keeping his tail tucked in his lap. The hard metal immediately makes his back and behind ache, but Jongin figures that the experience is a hundred times better than walking. His excitement is short lived, however, when they suddenly come to a stop outside their gate, and Jongin finds himself swallowing at the large amount of people, all sitting in chairs and waiting. Even though most of them are minding their own business, a few turn their heads and send him unreadable looks, which has Sehun walking over and ruffling Jongin's hair before the latter can grow all too nervous.

 

"We're just in time, so we won't be here for very long," Sehun says and blinks when the gate suddenly opens. After handing over their passports and boarding passes to Chanyeol, who quickly scans over them, Sehun holds Jongin's hand when every single person stands up and proceeds to flood towards the entrance.

 

It takes almost five minutes for Sehun to convince Jongin that this isn't, in fact, the same thing as the security check they did earlier, which Jongin only believes after ten minutes pass without a single beeping noise being heard. Despite that, Jongin promptly refuses to be sandwiched between strangers whilst waiting in line. So, despite Chanyeol's squawks of protest (and the latter continuously reminding Jongin that Disneyland would literally be no different, if not a hundred times worse), they soon find themselves standing at the way back of the line whilst waiting to board the plane. 

 

After a few minutes of waiting, Jongin soon grows restless, and with the fatigue overwhelming his brain, he wordlessly curls up right on top of Sehun's feet. With the thought of being close to Sehun comforting him whilst people continue to send him strange looks, Jongin stretches and tugs on the hem of Chanyeol's jeans. Despite Chanyeol repeatedly telling him to lay off, Jongin finds himself giggling at the way Chanyeol's silver hair falls right in his face whenever he looks down and scowls at him, so Jongin proceeds to tug on Chanyeol's pants until Sehun eventually threatens to keep the rest of Jongin's candy for himself.

 

"Would you cut it out already," Chanyeol huffs before checking over his boarding pass, not even bothering to hide his loud sigh when Jongin only giggles. He quickly looks around, presumably in fear of people possibly seeing him talking to a fully grown male lying on the carpet. When his jeans get tugged on again, Chanyeol promptly gives up on trying to get Jongin to stop. "Why can't you just stand up and wait in line like a civilized human bei-- I mean...whatever." He shakes his head before looking at his passport photo.

 

"Because it's boring," Jongin whines before the lady in front of them takes a step back and accidentally steps on his tail (with a stiletto, which has Chanyeol cringing), and Sehun has to bend down and shush Jongin before he can shriek and reduce her skirt to a handful of pink shreds. Sehun has to reach into his pocket and give Jongin a few pieces of candy to calm him down after he proceeds to send her a murderous glare. 

 

"You're the reason we're all the way back here in the first place," Chanyeol sighs after a minute. When Jongin only responds by nuzzling his face in his shoes, he turns to Sehun. "You did tell him that Disneyland's like...hell compared to this, right?" He raises an eyebrow at Sehun, who only shrugs. Chanyeol is about to open his mouth to speak again when the line suddenly moves. They take a step forward, only for Chanyeol to squawk when he stumbles and tumbles to the floor with a muffled noise. He blindly scrambles to grab onto something, that something being Sehun, and both of them subsequently end up on top of one another on the (awfully dirty) carpet. A loud giggle makes them both groan in unison.

 

Jongin moves into a cross legged position until he's leaning back against the lady's suitcase. He somehow got the bright idea to tie Chanyeol's shoelaces together whilst the latter wasn't looking (which, in Jongin's defense, was Luhan's idea last week), which sort of backfired, since Jongin ended up getting kneed in the temple by Chanyeol in the process, but Jongin can't stop himself from giggling to the point of nearly falling over when a few people walk over and help Sehun and Chanyeol up (Mainly Chanyeol, though, considering the fact that he can barely even move his feet more than two inches apart without stumbling). Jongin makes a mental note to call Luhan and thank the latter for the idea when Chanyeol proceeds to lean onto Sehun for support, whilst Chanyeol wordlessly attempts to untie his laces with one hand. Sehun sends Jongin a strict look, but Jongin is much too caught up with giggling to himself to notice.

 

Something catches Jongin's eye, though, and the next thing he knows, he's turning his head and beaming when he sees what he knows is an airplane (since Luhan showed him pictures on yesterday) taking off outside. Jongin barely registers Sehun telling him to get back in line as he skips towards the large window before practically pressing his face against the cool glass. The carpet beneath him isn't the cleanest, but Jongin pays it no mind as he watches said plane glide through the air with twitching ears. It sort of reminds him of a giant, metal bird with big letters scrawled on it, which sort of makes Jongin's mouth water. It's not until Jongin averts his gaze and sees a handful of other planes, all in different colors, that he squees in anticipation and presses his palms against the window pane. 

 

"Exciting, isn't it?" Sehun chuckles from his spot next to Jongin (who didn't even notice Sehun sitting right next to him until now). He scooches closer and wraps an arm around Jongin's shoulders as they watch another plane take off. It soars higher and higher up in the sky until it becomes a small, black speck among the clouds above. "Don't put your hands on the glass, by the way, you'll-"

 

"They're like birds!" Jongin suddenly squees, which has a handful of people subsequently turning their heads to look at him. He doesn't even notice as he points to one of the planes - the blue and white one. "I wanna sit in that one," he says as his tail swishes back and forth above his head. A loud announcement suddenly fills the entire room and Jongin scrambles into Sehun's arms when it seems to go on forever.

 

Sehun only chuckles. "You can't pick them out yourself, silly," he mumbles against Jongin's newly washed hair. The latter's ears tickle his cheeks as he presses a kiss on top of Jongin's head. When Jongin only pouts, Sehun ruffles his hair. "Sorry, kiddo."

 

"Can we go on the love ride thing? You know the thing Luhan talked about?" Jongin asks, lifting his head and looking up at Sehun with hopeful eyes. "And can we buy the picture afterwards??" He rolls over until he's lying on his back in Sehun's lap, whilst poking the latter's face. "Pleasepleaseplease, can we?? Can we??" 

 

Sehun has to shift into a more comfortable position when he worries his legs might break off underneath him. "Sure we can," he hums whilst looking out the window and keeping his hand rested on Jongin's chest as the latter plays with his fingers. Sehun is about to speak again when his eyes land on Jongin's left hand. Sehun has to keep a straight face when a familiar warmth rushes through his body, as he gently lifts up Jongin's hand and stares at the latter's fingers. The silver ring reflects in the morning light and Jongin's question soon floods Sehun's mind like a tidal wave. Eventually, Sehun has to tear his eyes off of Jongin's calm expression and keep his gaze locked on the unmoving planes outside, after he worries that his entire chest might explode.

 

Even though Sehun isn't sure if Jongin thinks he heard him or not, Sehun definitely heard; in fact, he recalls just how close he came to dropping the card in his hands (which Sehun found himself needing to re-read six times before he managed to comprehend a single sentence) as soon as the words left Jongin's lips. Sehun had to force himself to focus on the calligraphy before him when Jongin proceeded to stare at him from his spot on the chair next to the tree. Now that Sehun thinks about it, he isn't even sure if Jongin meant what he asked, or if Luhan simply planted the idea in Jongin's head based on nothing whatsoever, but he doesn't even get a chance to think about it any further when Chanyeol suddenly calls their names.

 

It takes Sehun a minute to process what's going on, and while Jongin quickly sits up and skips over to the gate, Sehun finds himself sitting unmoving by the large, glass window, his gaze absently drifting over the planes taking off in the distance, before he slowly gets to his feet and walks towards the gate (and tries to ignore Chanyeol's less than patient expression over being the very last ones to get in, all whilst Jongin bounces up and down in excitement).

 

Eventually, after what feels like years worth of waiting, they finally get their boarding passes checked. Jongin clings to Sehun like glue when the lady behind the small booth looks at him, before she sends them a smile and gestures at the entrance. The funny smell inside the jet bridge nearly has Jongin feeling lightheaded, but since they're the last ones to board, they have the entire jet bridge to themselves, which calms Jongin down as he as he inspects the cream walls and gray carpet. Over the rumbling that soon grows louder for every step they take, Jongin hears Chanyeol complain about how 'bloody cold' it is, before Sehun scolds Chanyeol for (accidentally) putting his coat in his suitcase.

 

However, Sehun sort of wishes that he had informed Jongin that even though there might be many planes outside, it doesn't automatically mean that every single family gets their own plane, but Sehun doesn't get a chance to do so when Jongin, after shyly greeting the flight attendants, only keens when every single person on the (now fully boarded) plane turn their heads to look at them. In fear of Jongin possibly dashing right out and back inside the jet bridge, Chanyeol moves until he's blocking the entrance, and Sehun has to keep a tight grip on Jongin's shirt whilst whispering to the latter that there's nothing to be afraid of. The looks of pure adoration being sent his way (especially when Jongin's ears flatten before he scrambles to hide behind Sehun) don't seem to matter to Jongin, who proceeds to squat behind Sehun. The consistent rumbling and strange scents only make Jongin that much more nervous as he grips onto Sehun's legs like a baby koala.  

 

Eventually, Chanyeol has to apologize profusely to the blonde flight attendant after she bends down and attempts to scratch Jongin behind the ear, which only results in Jongin whacking her hat off her head with a hiss. They end up standing at the front of the plane for what feels like hours until Sehun gets an idea, and he wordlessly takes a step forward before proceeding to quickly make his way down the aisle, all whilst ignoring the strange looks from everybody around him. Their seats are at the way back, so Sehun comes to a stop next to them, and surely enough, Jongin is zooming down the aisle and by his side (and nearly tackling him to the floor) before Sehun can even blink.

 

Chanyeol audibly exhales in relief before he, too, quickly makes his way down the aisle. He pretty much scrambles towards the window seat when a male flight attendant sends him an impatient look, before Sehun and Jongin proceed to take their seats which Sehun realizes was much easier said than done, considering the fact that Jongin won't let go of his waist no matter what. Sehun ends up stumbling  forward due to Jongin's weight, after said attendant brushes past him and walks up to the front of the plane.  

 

It's not until Jongin finally calms down, after realizing that nobody can stare at him from his spot in the middle, that he loosens his grip around Sehun's torso, and he perches himself on the squishy chair before looking around. Over the sound of Chanyeol repeatedly telling him that if he needs to vomit, he should do so in the other direction, Jongin's ears twitch when he sees people wearing bright green vests walking about on the ground below. After Sehun helps him fasten his seatbelt, Jongin realizes that Luhan was right about the window seat being the best, after leaning across Chanyeol's lap (and elbowing the latter right in the groin) and staring outside. When he cranes his head, he notices the huge plane wing, and Jongin blinks when he figures that they're essentially sitting inside a giant bird (he's heard of birds being inside things, like cat stomachs, but not vice versa). 

 

"Remember, don't vomit on me," Chanyeol says for the thirty fifth time (Sehun has counted ever since their taxi pulled up at Chanyeol's house his morning), feeling the need to say so since he figured Jongin wasn't listening just now, whilst ignoring the look Sehun sends him. Chanyeol has to huff and gently shove Jongin off his lap when the latter nearly breaks his legs. "You can't just lie down on someone's lap like that, you know--"

 

"I'm not gonna vomit on you," Jongin whines and playfully tugs on Chanyeol's hair in annoyance. When the latter simply slaps his hand away, Jongin feels another wave of fatigue come over him, and the next thing he knows, he's struggling to lift the armrest before resting his head in Sehun's lap. Now that Jongin thinks about it, he doesn't recall vomiting ever since Luhan tricked him into eating poisonous berries when he was fourteen. Jongin feels himself shivering at the thought of subsequently getting his stomach pumped in the E.R, all whilst Luhan loudly wailed about how sorry he was and how he didn't want Jongin to die. It's not until Sehun scratches him behind the ear that Jongin finally relaxes, and he listens to the monotone sounds of seatbelts clicking into place, bags being rustled into overhead compartments and dull voices whilst kneading Sehun's thighs.

 

 

--

 

 

Jongin isn't sure how long he slept, or if he even slept at all to begin with, but the next thing he registers is the sound of voices, some of which he doesn't recognize. But Jongin figures that he isn't going to bother checking it out if it means lifting his head and thus leaving Sehun's warm lap, so he simply closes his eyes again as he continues listening. However, it's not until he hears a rustling noise, which is closely followed by the smell of food, that Jongin blinks and lifts his head ever so slowly (not to mention he isn't even tired anymore, and if there's anything he hates, it's sleeping when he's wide awake).

 

As he sits up and rubs his eyes, Jongin listens to the low humming of the engine, only to blink when he sees that the tray in front of him has been unfolded. He soon finds himself beaming when he spots the juice carton and snack box sitting on top of it. With a low squeal, Jongin instinctively reaches for Sehun's hand and grabs it, and Jongin turns his head to tell him, only to blink and flatten his ears when he sees a flight attendant, the woman he said hi to earlier, staring right at him. Sehun squeezes Jongin's hand reassuringly, and Jongin barely hears her asking him if he would like a coloring book as well, before he nods ever so slightly. She proceeds to hand one to him with a friendly smile. Jongin waits until she continues down the aisle before practically stabbing the juice box with the straw.

 

"Careful, you don't wanna spill that stuff everywhere," Sehun chuckles, his tousled hair suggesting that he's also recently woken up from a nap, as he pats Jongin's head. He's suddenly awfully glad that they're sitting at the way back, because he doesn't want to know how Jongin would react if they had to deal with people kicking their seats and possibly staring at them through the gaps between the chairs. Sehun ends up staring at Jongin's ring for a moment until he unscrews the cap to the water bottle he just ordered.

 

Jongin manages to finish half the carton in just one sip, before he places it on the tray and looks out the window. He sure is glad that Luhan helped him cure his acrophobia, because Jongin figures he would have gone into shock and died at the sight of all the white, fluffy clouds outside, otherwise. Jongin figures that his theory about planes practically being giant birds must be true as he continues watching the cotton-like clouds, until he turns his attention back to his snack box.

 

Despite the fact that he's still stuffed with fried chicken, Jongin finds himself opening the lid before picking up a chocolate cookie. He rests his head on Sehun's shoudler, wondering if Luhan has boarded his plane by now, as he chews. A subsequent gentle turbulence has Jongin nearly choking on his food as he scrambles to latch onto Sehun's arm, the latter only patting his head. A baby starts crying in the distance and the sound is so irritating that Jongin fights the urge to leap on top of the rows of seats, locate it and yell at it to shut its face. He ends up staying exactly where he is, though (not to mention that he's essentially trapped between the two seats and his tray, anyway).

 

Before he knows it, Jongin has finished every single cookie in the box (save for one, which he gave to Sehun after the latter told him he didn't order anything to eat), and he brushes his hands together, a sudden wave of energy coming over him as he restlessly looks around. Everybody seems to be either asleep or not saying anything at all (despite sitting with their families, which Jongin finds strange), and Jongin sort of wants to get out of his seat and explore the plane (since nobody will pay attention to him, anyway, he figures), but since he's unable to move, he huffs and chooses to open up his coloring book instead.

 

Jongin blinks when a sticker sheet falls out after he opens it up, and he stares at the colorful pictures before absently peeling one of them off. It's a lot stickier than he initially thought, though, and Jongin soon finds himself growing irritated when it refuses to come off his finger. He eventually decides to stick it onto the seat in front of him, and before he knows it, he's covered the entire seat with colorful stickers. It's a giant contrast to the boring gray color, which has Jongin grinning happily. Sehun, on the other hand, doesn't seem nearly as happy about it, given the fact that he immediately tells Jongin to remove every single one, which Jongin does with a small pout.

 

Staring at the cluster of stickers in his hand, Jongin's eyes roam around until they land on Chanyeol, who is fast asleep with his head rested against the wall. Sehun quickly picks up on the glint in Jongin's eyes, though, because he grabs Jongin's wrist before he can stick them all on Chanyeol's sweater.

 

"We only have a half hour left, try relaxing for a bit," Sehun says, but his words end up having the polar opposite effect on Jongin, who immediately starts bouncing up and down in his seat (A half hour left of the plane ride means a half hour until they reach Disneyland, Jongin figures). It awakens Chanyeol, who stretches before sending Jongin a tired look. 

 

Chanyeol proceeds to dramatically take a look at his sweater, and exhales in relief when he realizes that is, in fact, puke free. "What did I miss," he mumbles before stretching again. He goes on to comment on how much he despises how little legroom planes have (which both Jongin and Sehun can get behind), whilst reaching into his pocket and retrieving a candy bar (after seeing Jongin's empty snack box and figuring that it's safe to do so). 

 

"They gave me this!" Jongin squees before picking up the cluster of stickers, not even giving Chanyeol a chance to react before he proceeds to stick it onto the latter's cheek. Jongin figures that he must have helped wake Chanyeol up after the latter squawks and rips it off (which has Sehun chuckling into his fist). A wave of boredom soon washes over him and Jongin doesn't bother stifling the huff that escapes his lips. "Can I walk around for a bit??" he mumbles whilst nuzzling his face in the crook of Sehun's neck.

 

Sehun blinks before he slowly shakes his head. "We'll be there soon," he says, since all he can think about is Jongin somehow breaking into the cockpit, which only has Sehun pulling him closer. He Jongin's hair after the latter glumly mutters something along the lines of 'Okay, fine', before he goes on to tell Jongin all about how much fun they're going to have in just a couple of hours, and that he should probably conserve his energy. Sehun sort of wishes that he didn't down an entire water bottle just now, since he's soon struck with the urge to use the restroom. "I'll be back in a minute," he hums and pats Jongin's head after the latter proceeds to cling onto his arm, before unfastening his seatbelt.

 

"He'll be back soon, don't worry," Chanyeol says between loud chews, when he notices that Jongin sort of looks like a kicked puppy, ears folded and tail nervously twitching as he watches Sehun disappear down the aisle and towards the washroom. A little girl turns her head and looks at Jongin, who cowers. "Hey, now." After finishing his candy bar and brushing his hands together, Chanyeol carefully pulls Jongin, who is as stiff as cardboard, closer. "Don't be so on edge all the time," he softly says before balling up the wrapper in one hand whilst rubbing Jongin's shoulder with the other. "Learn to relax a bit."

 

Jongin simply swallows before looking up at Chanyeol, who only sends him a reassuring smile. It sort of reminds Jongin of the look Chanyeol had on his face when he and Sehun walked up to Chanyeol's front step two days ago and surprised him with a ticket to Disneyland (which Sehun managed to purchase on a whim, given that they were all already practically sold out), which Jongin proceeded to hand over with a less than discreet squee. Sehun had to place a hand on Jongin's shoulder as the latter bounced up and down in anticipation whilst Chanyeol slowly opened the envelope, and Jongin doesn't think he'll ever forget how Chanyeol's eyed flashed after he realized what he had been given. To say that Sehun and Jongin briefly forgot that office Chanyeol ever even existed would be a vast understatement. 

 

Jongin honestly doesn't know what had him smiling the widest; the way Chanyeol enveloped him in a bone crushing hug or when the latter proceeded to invite him and Sehun inside for hot chocolate afterwards (which Jongin definitely appreciated, given the deathly cold weather). A part of him wants to say the hot chocolate, since he sort of disliked the smell of Chanyeol's cologne, but Jongin lowkey knows that he enjoyed both equally.

 

Jongin only sighs. Even though Chanyeol's body heat is helping him relax ever so slightly, he still feels his ears twitching for any possible sounds of Sehun returning. Jongin tunes out Chanyeol telling him that he's as good as dead if he pukes on him, before lifting his head and scanning his surroundings. He figures that the ten cookies he ate just now must be messing with his blood sugar, because Jongin suddenly finds himself restlessly bouncing his legs, which are both stiff and numb at the same time, up and down. A thought hits him and he looks up at Chanyeol. "What's the mile high club???"

 

Chanyeol only blinks before he clears his throat. "It's--" He blinks again and curses under his breath when he sees Jongin's curious gaze. "It's...ask Sehun, okay?" he mutters and ignores Jongin's remark about how pink his cheeks are. "Don't tie people's shoelaces together, by the way, you utter nincompoop-"

 

"But I'm asking you!" Jongin whines, poking Chanyeol's chest to the point of bruising until the latter smacks his hand away. "Why can't you tell me?? Why not?? Why not????" His tail sways in curiosity and he's about to threaten to tie Chanyeol's laces together a second time if the latter doesn't tell him, before another energetic wave washes over him. "You're weird," Jongin huffs, running a hand through his hair as he feels his body buzzing with energy. The little girl who kept staring at him from across the aisle seems to be fast asleep, much to his relief.

 

"Because Sehun's gonna kill me if he finds out I told you," Chanyeol exclaims and slaps a hand over his mouth when an old man in front of him sends him an irritated glare. He lowly apologizes before turning to face Jongin, whose ears are fully erect as he scans his surroundings. "Anyway, why can't you relax and wait for Sehun to-" Chanyeol cuts himself off with a surprised squawk when Jongin suddenly scrambles out of his own seat, the latter nearly falling flat on his face before he proceeds to skip down the aisle. "What the...wait, what the fu-- Jongin, get the hell back here--"

 

Figuring Sehun will most definitely toss him out of the plane if he comes back and finds Jongin missing, Chanyeol curses his entire existence before he stands up, nearly tripping over thrice as he attempts to wriggle out of his seat. Given that his long legs are basically locked at the joints from being pressed up against the seat in front of him, it takes Chanyeol a while to finagle himself past the seats until he's standing between the rows upon rows of seats.

 

Jongin is nowhere to be seen, which sort of makes Chanyeol want to scream, before he looks over his shoulder and makes sure that the bathroom is still occupied. He briefly wonders if his legs are numb from sitting unmoving for so long, and Chanyeol figures that he gets his answer after he takes one step forward and subsequently stumbles and crashes into the male attendant.

 

After reassuring him that he isn't, in fact, intoxicated (Just too tall for these useless, goddamn plane seats, he thinks), Chanyeol walks down the aisle, the carpet vibrating beneath his shoes, until he reaches the blue curtains hanging from the ceiling. A part of Chanyeol actually wonders if Jongin might be pestering the pilots inside the cockpit, and given the fact that he'd rather not die after plummeting thirty thousand feet to his death, Chanyeol walks a little faster until he's practically tearing the curtains off their rods. Given the overall silence of the plane, the sound makes just about everybody look up.

 

No sign of Jongin anywhere, not even in the second aisle, and Chanyeol is about to file a missing cats report when he spots three female flight attendants gathered around and talking at the front of the plane. Figuring they might know where Jongin went, Chanyeol walks up to them, nearly getting tripped in the process. They send him friendly smiles and Chanyeol is about to ask them if they've seen a six foot, ten year old male with cat ears and a tail anywhere, until he looks down and blinks.

 

Jongin is sitting cross legged in one of the corners, which is so badly illuminated that Chanyeol barely even sees him at first (and narrowly avoids stepping on his tail), a wide grin on his face as he looks up at the three attendants, all of whom giggle fondly. Jongin seems to be in the midst of telling a story (Probably about Sehun, Chanyeol figures), given how much he's gesturing everywhere, and it's not until Chanyeol looks a little closer that he notices the bag of candy in Jongin's right hand. Chanyeol had no idea that a bag of candy was all it took to make Jongin get over his fear of strangers, but be that as it may, Chanyeol ends up standing awkwardly off to the side whilst all three women bend down and scratch Jongin behind the ear, the latter only giggling when they proceed to pinch his cheeks, as well.

 

They look up at Chanyeol, who blinks, and he vigorously shakes his head when one of the two blondes proceeds to ask him if he's come to pick up his son. He meekly waves at Jongin after the latter grins up at him. "Uh, sorry to uh...interrupt, but--" Chanyeol clears his throat when the brunette looks at him. "Uh...we should probably, uh, get back-"

 

"...and then we caught a fish together!!" Jongin squees, presumably not finished with telling his story, as he throws his arms wide open and whacks Chanyeol's shin in the process. "It was like, this big!!" Seemingly oblivious, he grins when the brunette coos. "I mean, I kind of...fell into the water, but I had to, or else I wouldn't have caught it, I think. And my boyfriend thinks I can swim really well!" he adds and Chanyeol has to hurriedly inform them that he isn't, in fact, Jongin's boyfriend after they all turn their heads to look at him.

 

Chanyeol clears his throat, figuring Sehun should be done in the bathroom by now. "Jongin, let's--" He blinks when Jongin hides his face behind his candy bag in embarrassment when the two blondes proceed to call him the most adorable thing they've ever seen, and Chanyeol is suddenly sort of really thankful that there's a curtain between them and Sehun, after the brunette bends down and playfully kisses Jongin's cheek. "Okay, I think it's time to--"

 

"But I wanna stay here!" Jongin squawks and Chanyeol figures that the free candy might have something (no, everything) to do with it. He stuffs another piece of candy in his mouth and pouts when he realizes that the bag is empty. Except his pout soon disappears when the brunette quickly opens a cabinet and retreives an identical candy bag, which has Jongin scrambling to his feet. Chanyeol can only watch as he practically rips it open before unwrapping a strawberry lollipop.

 

Even more reason to be a cat, Chanyeol thinks before he curses under his breath. He wonders exactly why Sehun hasn't called him and asked about their whereabouts yet, but it's not like he wants to know, either. "Look, we're landing soon and-" He blinks when the women erupt into a fit of giggles before they continue pinching Jongin's cheeks when the latter nearly drops his lollipop on the floor (Chanyeol figures that there's either something wrong with him or the female gender, since he really doesn't find it all that hilarious). It's not until Jongin proceeds to innocently ask the attendants what a mile high club is, which is closely followed by them giggling all over again, that Chanyeol coughs. "I, uh...don't think Sehun will be happy if he--" Chanyeol blinks and nearly jumps clear through the roof of the plane when he hears somebody clearing their throat mere inches away from him.

 

Watching as the brunette places another playful kiss on Jongin's cheek, to which the latter responds by shyly turning his face away, Chanyeol whirls around. Figuring that the annoying male attendant must have some sort of issue with him in particular, Chanyeol is about to ask him what the hell his problem is, only to clamp his mouth shut when he finds himself standing two inches from Sehun, the latter's arms crossed as his gaze flickers back and forth between Jongin and the women, all three of whom barely acknowledge his precense. Chanyeol simply watches as Jongin jumps into Sehun's arms before the three of them make their way back to their seats. The male attendant sends Chanyeol a sour look when they pass each other, and Chanyeol assumes that he definitely must hate him (for whatever goddamn reason, Chanyeol thinks).

 

"Okay, listen, don't get mad at me," Chanyeol defensively says as Jongin clings to Sehun like a baby koala in front of him. "Cause I really tried to-" He only goes silent and blinks when Sehun wordlessly guides Jongin towards the bathroom, the latter eagerly skipping along. "Uh...okay-- What are you guys--" Chanyeol can only watch as the light changes from green to red before he shudders, finagles his way back to his seat by the window, and quickly pulls out his earphones.