Epilogue

Hands

“Thank you!” you screamed as the pizza delivery guy zoomed further on his motorcycle.

 

You hear a delighted squeal from inside, as you heard the thundering footsteps of your husband and daughter from inside the house, practically racing each other to the front door.

 

“Pizza’s here!”

 

They finally made it to you as you sat the steaming box on your dinner table, so you picked up your dear daughter in your arms and swung her around before setting her down on a seat.

 

“I got here first,” she mocked her dad, a mischievous grin evident on her lips. She bounced slightly in her seat, excited by the scent of her favorite food set in front of her, evidently eager. You saw your husband’s hand pat her head, creating ripples on her long black hair that cascaded just past her shoulders.

 

You brought out three plates and put them in its designated spot on the table, then as you turned around to get cups, you met your husband’s eyes, with that familiar gleam you fell in love with, and you felt a hand, The Hand, close around yours, leaving a crumbly object between your fingers.

 

"Cookie?"

 

“The only one left from this morning's batch,” Eun-woo chuckled, “it’s absolutely delicious.”