the only chapter

Subtle Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

School that day was easier than you anticipated.  With the end of the year drawing near, it was near impossible to remember everything you had to do, especially when it came to homework.  Thankfully, teachers loved you, so if you happened to miss something, they were really easy on you.

 

As soon as the bell rang at the end of the day, you get a text from you mom, saying she would be late.  Deciding there was nothing better to do, you sit at a vacant table and pull out some books to study.

 

You sigh to yourself and shake your head.  “What am I doing?  My brain’s fried anyways,” you mutter to yourself.

 

A familiar face catches your eye as you stretch.  “Jimin!”

 

He looks over at you, a shocked expression on his face before it melted into a warm, friendly smile.  He was your cute best friend since forever. He walks over and ruffles your hair.

 

“Hey, smarty-pants,” he says.  “Heard you aced the history test today.”

 

You grin at that.  “Barely.”

 

He laughed.  “Oh, please. You always ace your tests.”  He playfully pushed your shoulder. “Wish I could be like that.”

 

“You’re already brilliant,” you said.  “Probably the most epic person I know.”  You stopped upon him blushing. “So where are you heading?  Home?”

 

“I was,” he started.  “But considering the fact that most of our final exams are done, I was thinking of a little excursion to the park by your house.”

 

You raised an eyebrow.  “And you didn’t invite me?”

 

The boy groaned with frustration, something you almost had fun watching.  You had to admit he was cute when that happened. You always were a step ahead of him.  

 

“Don’t worry.  You don’t need to say anything,” you teased.  You gathered your things and linked your arm through his.  “Come on, Chimmy. Let’s go!”

 

He grinned and said nothing more as you two walked off campus and down the street towards your neighborhood.  On the way, you both talked about all the juicy gossip that was going on in school, mostly about who was dating who.  It was entertaining to the both of you, though parts of you were somewhat jealous of cute couples.

 

Not that you wanted to date each other.  Surely not, you thought.  Jimin’s been your best friend (your only friend) for as long as you could remember.  People even swore you were separated at birth. To date him seemed right but weird.

 

You gazed at him laughing.  The sun seemed to hit his dark hair just right, creating a halo effect that framed his head.  The light caught all of his beautiful features, especially his smile and that one tooth he was insecure about, but you secretly loved.

 

You loved him, but it was complicated.

 

He probably didn’t love you that way back.

 

“Anyways,” he finished whatever story he was telling. “What are you gonna do this summer?  Beach house again?”

 

You shook your head.  “Sadly no. My family wanted to save

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter