The Best Mistake

Slip-Up

 

It was nearing Halloween, and that meant it was also near the party Minji always throws during Halloween. Yoobin had a problem though, she didn’t know what the hell to wear. To solve her problems, she went to her friends, who probably had a better idea for her choice of clothing.

 

So now here she was, in Minji, Bora, and Siyeon’s shared apartment,  sitting in front of her three unnies as they discussed the perfect costume for their young friend.

 

“Is this the evil power of med-school? I mean Bora-unnie had the same problem back then. It was like you entered med-school and poof! All your creativity is gone.” Siyeon asked.

 

“If that was the case, med-school really is a scary place.” Minji said.

 

“I agree with med-school being evil, but you don’t lose creativity because of that!” Bora protested.

 

“Umm...unnies? As much as I agree about the med-school thing, I kinda need some ideas for a costume. I don’t have too much time on my hands after all.” Yoobin interrupted.

 

“Oh, sorry Yoobin-ah, we got carried away.” Minji said sheepishly.

 

“Well, why don’t you go with something simple, like a vampire or something? It’s easy to get too, so you won’t have to take too much time to have a costume.” Siyeon suggested.

 

“That sounds like a nice idea. I guess I’ll try finding one now, thanks unnies!” Yoobin said as she stood up and left the three girlfriends in their apartment.

 

.........................................................................................................................

 

She said it was a nice idea, but here she was stuck in the department store looking for a vampire costume that suits her taste. Sadly, she’s gone through ten different vampire outfits, but none of them was something she liked. With that ,she let out a small groan.

 

“Is something wrong Yoobin-unnie?” 

 

The voice startled her and she turned around ready to attack the new person but stopped since she saw it was just her friend, Gahyeon.

 

“Gahyeon? What are you doing here?”

 

“Well, I was on a date with Handong-unnie, who’s in the washroom right now. I saw you going outside looking a bit upset, so I just wanted to see what was wrong.”

 

“Oh, well, you know how Minji-unnie’s Halloween party is coming soon right? Well, I couldn’t find a costume just yet.”

 

“Well, why don’t you try going as a vampire? That kind of costume is easy to get.”

 

“That’s what Siyeon-unnie suggested, but I couldn’t find one I liked.”

 

“Oh, well, what about a witch or something? You could try going for a One Piece character too.”

 

“Well, that doesn’t sound bad. Thanks Gahyeon.”

 

“You’re welcome unnie.” the younger beamed.

 

“I thought I needed to hit another person for hitting in my girlfriend, but thankfully it’s just you, Yoobin-ah. What are you doing here?” a third voice suddenly said. It was Handong, who just arrived from the washroom.

 

“Well, Gahyeon was just helping me out with my Halloween costume.”

 

“You know, if you can’t find one, you can ask Yoohyeon, right? She always has great ideas for stuff like this.”

 

And so Yoobin went to her best friend's place after thanking the couple for their help.

 

.........................................................................................................................

 

“So, you come to my place just because you can’t think of a good costume for Halloween? Not to hang out with your best friend? Man, that’s pretty sad Yoobin.” Yoohyeon said, lying down on her sofa.

 

“Well, I’m sorry Yoohyeon, I was busy with med-school and today’s my only free day until Sunday.” Yoobin said, from the couch she was seated on.

 

“It’s fine, just promise to make it up to me when you can. Well, anyways, why don’t you just go as a vampire? They’re pretty easy to-“ 

 

“Before you say that it’s easy to get, the other’s already suggested that.”

 

“Oh, okay then.”

 

“Gahyeon suggested going a witch or something, but I really don’t know what to wear. Maybe Siyeon-unnie was right, med-school is zapping all my creativity away. Though the One Piece idea also sounded kinda nice, what do you think Yoohyeon?”

 

“What do I think about what?”

 

“What should I be for Halloween?”

 

“My girlfriend.” Yoohyeon accidentally blurted out.

 

Yoobin was flustered, and Yoohyeon blushed when she realized what she said.

 

When Yoobin recovered, she looked at her ridiculously red best friend and smiled at her lovingly.

 

“Just for Halloween? What about for the rest of our lives?”

 

And it was then Yoohyeon realized that slip-ups weren’t always bad.