OO1.

Meow

“I’m just saying! A cat would be nice to have around, no? We can’t have kids yet – so we can settle on a cat first.”

This argument has been going on for weeks for the newly married couple, and Sehyoon just doesn’t understand precisely why Byeongkwan doesn’t want him to get a cat.

Sehyoon always appeared to Byeongkwan as dark and mysterious, but he never sensed that something about the dark-haired, handsome yet scary-looking boy had something in him that goes extremely soft for cats.

Byeongkwan continues to sulk in the couch, mumbling something about cats being messy, which Sehyoon raises an eyebrow at. Sehyoon leans on the door frame of the kitchen, watching Byeongkwan hug his knees to his chest while still whispering things about cats being attention seekers that might hog all the attention Sehyoon’s been giving him.

Byeongkwan knows he was probably overthinking it a little too much, but he would never admit that. He turns to the side, catching a glimpse of Sehyoon shaking his head while sipping on a glass of water. The younger rolls his eyes and lies down on the couch, aiming to disappear from Sehyoon’s line of sight, arms folded across his chest, lips slightly jutted into a pout.

He wants to continue hating and sulking at Sehyoon, but he couldn’t help the smile curving across his lips, the image of Sehyoon leaning on the door frame stuck in his mind. Is it necessary to look so attractive while doing a thing as simple as that?

 


 

“You’re absolutely right, Byeongkwan. You’re overthinking this – not just a little – but a whole lot.”

Byeongkwan could only release a huff at what Junhee said. He doesn’t want to physically admit it, but Junhee was right. It was just a cat. What’s the worst that could happen?

I don’t know, maybe it could get all of Sehyoon’s attention.

Byeongkwan groans, in a dilemma, while Junhee slid a glass of orange juice in front of him. Byeongkwan whispers a little thanks, and Junhee smiled. Byeongkwan takes a sip before wording his thoughts in the best way he could (at least, to the limits of his abilities, he was never good with words). “It’s not like I hate cats or something, I just feel like we should enjoy our alone time together for now?”

It wasn’t supposed to be a question, and Junhee chuckles, a hand reaching out to ruffle Byeongkwan’s hair. “Both of you should talk it out in a calm way. I mean, no bickering! Or anything like that. Agree on something, compromise, whatever.”

 


 

Sehyoon had a late night shift, and he didn’t expect Byeongkwan to be awake when he got home. He was placing his shoes on the rack when he heard Byeongkwan’s voice, whispering a quiet (but loud enough for Sehyoon to hear), “I got you a kitty.”

The older freezes in his spot, eyebrows flying south and disappearing under the mop of hair flowing down his forehead. He turns, disbelief obvious in his face.

Byeongkwan? Got? Them? A? Cat?

Just earlier today, Byeongkwan was a hundred and one percent against the idea.

It doesn’t make sense.

Byeongkwan skips to where Sehyoon was standing, clinging onto one of the older’s arms, sparing a few seconds to admire how good Sehyoon still looked – with his suit, the sleeves creased with how many times it’s been folded and rolled up.

The younger leads him to the couch, forcing Sehyoon to sit down.

Sehyoon still thinks it doesn’t make sense.

Byeongkwan leans towards him to give him a peck on both cheeks and his lips, and he could no longer stop the smile tugging on the corners of his lips. His arms slither around the younger, giving him a tight hug, warmth and love wordlessly expressed through it.

“Wait here, and close your eyes! No peeking!”

Sehyoon chuckles, but gladly obliges. He closes his eyes (actually thankful he could do so, today has been tiring, and it’s been the usual, busy day at the office – the whole day spent with him typing and staring at a computer screen). He thinks about how warm and lovely the house would be, with Byeongkwan gracing it with so much loveliness, and even more, a cat. Before he could get lost in his thoughts, he heard Byeongkwan’s quiet footsteps, the lovely, sweet smell of his love reaching his senses, and his smile only widens.

“There. Ta-da!”

Sehyoon opens his eyes, excitement rushing through his veins.

In front of him stood, Kim Byeongkwan, in his favorite pajamas and bunny slippers, hands clutching each other, a kitty-ear headband perched on the top of his head.

Sehyoon chuckles, arms opening wide for Byeongkwan to enter in; and Byeongkwan eagerly throws himself to the older, settling himself on Sehyoon’s lap, giggling softly.

It wasn’t what Sehyoon had expected, but he loves it.

“You’re so cute,” Byeongkwan’s giggles rang through Sehyoon’s ear, but it made him smile. He cups Byeongkwan’s cheeks, planting a quick kiss on the tip of the younger’s nose.

Byeongkwan snuggles towards Sehyoon even more, clinging tightly, as if scared someone might take him away. Sehyoon could only smile, keeping the younger in his arms, knowing how much Byeongkwan loved to be held.

“I love you, Sehyoon.”

“And I love you too, you know that, Byeongkwan.”

And maybe, Sehyoon would compromise. Byeongkwan’s enough. This is enough.