Final

Not ONCE, TWICE but three times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, you totally ruined your shot?" Momo asked with a chuckle.

"I totally did." Dahyun answered. "And now, I didn't have the courage to contact her so...that's it. My pining over Son Chaeyoung is done. On timing with my birthday. Great, isn't it?"

"Not at all." Mina interrupted, making Dahyun and Momo face her since she was sitting at the table. "Guess who just left before you came in?"

"Son Chaeyoung?"

"Son Chaeyoung." 

"Really?"

"Yes. And it's not great that your pining for her is done. You should pursue her, Kim Dahyun." Mina muttered before accepting Momo's kiss.

"What do you mean?" Dahyun asked, but the two lovers were too caught up making out. "Mina unnie, what do you mean?" she asked again until their other friend came. "Sana unnie, make them stop."

"Raccoon, Penguin, stop!" Sana commanded, making the two stop immediately. "Dahyun is asking you a question."

"What question?" Mina asked, making Dahyun sighed in defeat. "Oh, about Chaeyoung. Right, right. So, we talked and I realized...she likes you. But right now, she could not be in a relationship. So, just stay casual for awhile, will you?"

"She wants casual? Okay, I'll be casual." Dahyun stated as she leaned back on the seat. "I'm gonna be a mushroom cloud of casual. You know why, cause it's a game. I wanna skip to the end and do the happily ever after thing but you don't get there unless you play the game."

"So, you're going to ask her out?"

"Yeah. No! I can't ask her out because if I ask her out, I'm asking her out. So, how do I ask her out without asking her out?"

Dahyun, Sana and Momo all got into deep thoughts, thinking of a solution. "Did you guys get high?" Mina asked. 

"I got it." Dahyun informed. "I don't ask her out, I'll invite her to our party next Friday."

"We're having a party next friday?" Momo asked.

"We are now. Casual..."

"Yeah, cause nothing said casual like inviting two hundred people over just to get one girl." Sana commented.

"Alright, so call her up." Momo interrupted.

"Calling is not casual. I'm just going to bump into her somewhere. If only...I knew her schedules, I could arrange a chance of encounter."

"That's great, Dahyun. You're going to be the most casual stalker ever." Mina muttered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun was sitting on the couch when she received a phone call. "Hello?"

(Dahyun, Son Chaeyoung is here in the convenience store where I work at. Hurry, dude.)

"I'll be there, Nayeon unnie." Dahyun stated as she grabbed her wallet and phone before running out of her apartment towards Nayeon's workplace where Chaeyoung is. 

"Dahyun unnie?"

"C-Chaeyoung...hey." Dahyun greeted as she catch her breath. "What are the odds?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh. You know, just buying some...chocolates. I love chocolates. I like chocolates. You know, as friend." Dahyun mentally slapped herself for such an idiotic answer. "How about you?"

"Meeting a friend." Chaeyoung answered before grabbing a handkerchief and handed it to Dahyun. "Here, you're all sweat."

Dahyun chuckled nervously as she changed the topic. "You know, it's so funny that I run into you. We're having a party next Friday so if you feel like swinging by...but, you know, whatever."

"Oh, I'm going to Seongnam this weekend. Too bad it's not tonight."

"It is." Dahyun answered immediately. "It is. The party's tonight. This Friday. Did I say next Friday? Sorry, I kind of been saying next Friday a lot but, yeah...the party's tonight. But, you know, whatever."

"Alright, I'll be there."

"Great."

"Excuse me, my friend is here. I'll see you tonight?"

"Yeah, see ya."

Chaeyoung smiled at Dahyun before walking towards her friend, who Dahyun knew as Nayeon's girl. But she decided that it was a story for another time, so she got her phone and dialed Momo.

(Hello?)

"Hey, am I interrupting anything?"

(No, no. Just writing on my papers, hitting the books.)

"Yeah, we all know that's a lie. So, you and Mina unnie might want to wear your clothes back on because we're throwing a party in 2 hours. Okie? Bye." and the line was cut off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, Dahyun...what's your plan when Chaeyoung shows up?"

"Okay, I've got it all planned out." Dahyun stated. "Chaeyoung steps into the room. Where's Dahyun? Not eagerly waiting by the door. No, I'll be in my composing table showing some cute girl about my song composing skills. So Chaeyoung strolls over and I casually give her one of these; 'Hey, what's up?' she'll say 'Hey, nice place. Etc, etc.' and then I say 'Well, make yourself at home.' and I casually returned to my conversation. An hour later...'Oh, you're still here?' I say like I don't really care but it's a nice surprise. And then very casually...'Wanna see the roof?'."

"The roof..." Momo and Mina said dreamily.

"Take her up to the roof and the roof takes care of the rest."

"I don't get it." Sana interrupted. "What's so special about the roof?"

"Oh, the moon, the stars, the shimmering skyline. You can't not fall inlove in that roof." Mina said.

Momo smugly nodded her head. "We make out up there sometimes." 

"Too much information." Dahyun commented when Sana put an arm around her.

"Solid plan, Kim Dahyun. But may I suggest one little modification?" she asked. "That cute girl that you're chatting up with? Take her up to the roof and make out with her."

"That's not the plan."

"But it should be the plan. I mean...look, she could be really cute."

"But she's not Chaeyoung."

"Exactly." Sana stated. "Dahyun, let's wrap. In every party, there is always one girl who doesn't know who's party she's at. She knows no one you know and you will never see her again. Do you see where I'm going? How is this?"

"Sana unnie--"

"Epp, epp~" Sana interrupted as she started to look for possible targets. "Scooping, scooping."

"Man, you're a jerk." Mina said with a chuckle.

"Beep, beep. Target acquired." Sana muttered as she grabbed Dahyun and went to the girl. "And now, let's go and meet this cute girl of your fantasy."

"She's not a cute girl from my fantasy." Dahyun complained but they were already infront of the girl.

Sana patted the girl's shoulder and asked. "Hi, have you meet Dahyun?"

"No." the cute girl answered. "Hi."

"Hey." Dahyun greeted back.

"Do you know Mina? Momo?" Sana asked again.

"No."

"Do you know anyone at this party?"

"I...uhh...work with Sowon."

"Excuse me." Sana stated and faced Dahyun. "Do you know Sowon?"

"No." Dahyun, Mina and Momo answered.

"Here you go, Dahyun. Bon appetit."

"I don't think so."

"Your lost." Sana said with smirk before facing the cute girl. "Hi, can I show you the roof? It's magical up there." she asked the girl who nodded with a smile so she took her hand and lead her.

"Hey, hey. Wait...I've got that roof reserved."

"Dude, Chaeyoung's not coming."

"She's gonna show up." Dahyun stated but Sana just shrugged her shoulder and headed out of the window. "She'll show up."

------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter