Unexpected

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"SANA!! WAKE UP OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR THE PHOTOSHOOT!"

"Ugh..." the model groaned as she was awaken from her beautiful sleep, taking her away from dreamland. The pounding on the door was still heard, "Yes, Jihyo. I'm already awake."

"Good. If you don't get out of there, I'm going to barge in there and pull you out!" The latter threatened.

Sana immediately got out of bed and out of her bedroom, heading to the bathroom, "I'm going. I'm going. Sheesh. Such a megaphone," she mumbled.

"What did you say?" Jihyo asked her while glaring.

"Nothing!" Sana then ran inside the bathroom and bathed, slamming the door shut. Jihyo just shook her head at Sana.

After 15 minutes, Sana got out the bathroom and went to her room. She saw her clothes that she's going to wear on her bed. Smiling at what Jihyo did, she wore the clothes. When she was finished, she got out of her room and went to the kitchen, only to find her manager preparing her breakfast. She sat down on one of the chairs. Jihyo turned around at her while carrying her breakfast and put the plate in front of Sana.

"What's my schedule for today, Jihyo?" Sana asked with food in .

"Could you not speak with food in your mouth?" Jihyo grimaced. She went to get Sana's schedule and read it. "Well, this morning, you're going to have a photoshoot for the new issue of Candy Pop!. And after lunch, you're going to have a press conference for having to sign the contract that Wake Me Up! will give you. Lastly, after all that, our company will be having a congratulatory party for its sales that rocketed up high, thanks to you."

"What time is the party going to start?"

"It is said here that it will start at..." Jihyo trailed off while looking at the schedule, "10 pm, giving you time to rest and prepare."

Sana gulped the food she chewed, "Good."

"Are you finished?" Jihyo asked while putting the schedule away.

"Yup! Let's go, Jihyo-ah!" She put her plate in the sink and grabbed her bag, pulling Jihyo out the door of her apartment.

They went out and saw their driver standing beside the car while drinking coffee. The man turned around when he heard someone calling him.

"Jaebum oppa!"

He smiled and threw his empty cup of coffee in the nearby trashcan and went to Sana. "Good morning, Ms. Minatozaki," he greeted, getting Sana's bag from her.

"Oppa! I said to call me Sana!" she whined.

Jaebum just chuckled and opened the back seat door of the car, guiding Sana and Jihyo in the car. He then gave the bag to Sana then went to the driver seat and began to drive to their destination.

"Who are going to the party, Jihyo-ah?" Sana asked while scrolling through her phone.

"Boss Park, our colleagues, your friends, people from other companies, especially SM and YG enterprises," Jihyo stated while looking through her iPad. "And if you're asking if Mark's going to be there, he is going to be there."

"I-I didn't ask that," Sana stuttered while blushing.

Jihyo looked at Sana amusedly, "Don't worry, Sana-yah. You're going to see your crush," she teased.

"YAH!" Sana yelled while hitting Jihyo's shoulders. Jihyo laughed at her while Jaebum was chuckling while driving.

 

 

 

 

 

"We're here, Ms. Minatozaki," Jaebum stated.

"Thank you, Jaebum oppa. And please call me Sana," Sana whined.

Jihyo and Jaebum chuckled, "Yes, Sana."

"Great! See you later, Jaebum oppa!" and both Jihyo and Sana got out the car and into the building.

When they went in, the staff went to them and greeted them warmly.

"Good morning, Ms. Minatozaki. I'm Son Chaeyoung and I'm going to be your photographer for today," she bowed.

"Good morning, Ms. Son. It's nice to meet you. I heard very good things about you and your photography," Sana complimented.

"Thank you, Ms. Minatozaki. I also heard good things about you. And I must say, you really are one beautiful, kind, and polite woman."

Sana giggled, "Thank you. Let us start?"

"Uh, yes. Please go to that room over there and let the stylist do her thing," Chaeyoung pointed to one of the room.

Sana bowed and thanked Chaeyoung. Sana and Jihyo went to the directed room and went in. They were greeted by the stylist. The model went to her and shook her hand. "Let's start styling you now, Ms. Minatozaki."

"I'll be outside, getting some coffee and talking to the staff," Jihyo turned to the door and started walking outside. She then turned to Sana, "Do you want some, Sana?"

"Tea would be fine. Thank you, Jihyo," Sana thanked and turned to the stylist.

The stylist pointed to the clothes she's going to wear for the shoot and told Sana to wear it before styling her hair and putting some make up. Sana picked dress up and started to wear it. After, she went in front of the mirror to look at herself, "Not bad," the blonde mumbled to herself. She turned around and sat down the chair beside the stylist. And the stylist began to do her thing.

 

 

 

 

"Great work, Ms. Minatozaki! We've captured a lot of beautiful pictures for the magazine. Thank you for your hard work," Chaeyoung then bowed.

Sana bowed back, "You are welcome, Chaeyoung-ssi. And thank you to the staff here," she then bowed to all of them, "Keep up the good work guys!"

All of the staff then bowed back, "Thank you!" they thanked simultaneously.

Sana then got her bag and waved to the people inside. She and Jihyo went outside the building and into their car, where Jaebum was waiting. Sana greeted him and hugged him just like a child. Jihyo gave her motherly smile when she saw the scene. The diver was taken aback with the sudden embrace but hugged back anyways.

"How's your morning, Sana?" he asked while smiling at her.

"It was great, oppa! And it will be better if you treat me and Jihyo some lunch," Sana looked up at him and pouted. Jaebum chuckled.

"Okay then. Let's go eat."

The three of them went in the car and went to eat.

 

 

Meanwhile in another car not far from where Sana's car was...

"Did you see her?" 

"Yes. They drove away."

"To where?"

"To eat lunch, I guess. Since it's said on the schedule that she's going to another shoot after lunch," she said while looking at the schedule.

"Okay. Make sure to follow them. We can't lose them." 

"Yes, sir," the person then started the car and followed the three.

"Make sure not to get caught, agent," the agent then ended the call and continued driving.

"Minatozaki. I'm coming for you," the girl mumbed to herself.

 

 

 

 

"Depudijderijus," Sana said with food in . Jaebum was looking at her, confused and Jihyo just facepalmed and shook her head.

"Sana. Empty your mouth before speaking," Jihyo glared at her.

Sana gulped her chewed food and spoke again, "Sorry," she gave a peace sign to Jihyo, "I said "The food is delicious.""

Jaebum nodded at her, "Well, it is my family's restaurant," he shrugged.

Sana widen her eyes at what Jaebum said, "How come you've never drive us here?"

"Well, both of you were too busy. And since you don't have much schedule today, I decided to bring you both here to enjoy the food."

"Wah~ Daebak!" Sana cheered and continued eating. Jaebum looked at Jihyo in confusion. Jihyo looked back at him and shrugged.

"She has always been like this. Get used to it," Jaebum nodded.

They continued eating their food while someone has their gaze on them and analyzing what they're doing. The girl chuckled at the sight of Sana pushing all her food into . She realized what she has done and coughed. 

"What am I doing?" she shook her head and got back to her business.

 

 

 

"Thank you for the food, oppa!" Sana hugged Jaebum when they were in front of the building of the girl's next schedule.

"No problem, kiddo," he rubbed Sana's head, making her purr.

Sana pulled apart later on and waved goodbye to him, "See you later, oppa!"

"Take care of yourself, Jaebum," Jihyo said and waved at him.

"I will, bye," And both girls went inside the building. 

When they were out of sight, Jaebum turned around to walk back to his car, bumping into someone in the process, "I'm sorry, Ma'am," he bowed.

"It's fine," the girl said and left him, going into the building.

"Weird," he shrugged and went back to his car.

 

 

"I'm inside the building, sir," the girl said to her earpiece.

"Great. Follow Minatozaki and see what she's doing."

"Yes, sir," she then followed the crew to where the conference is going to be held at.

When the agent went inside the room, she saw a lot of paparazzi, readying their cameras and taking their seats. The girl took a seat on one of the chairs at the far back so that she wouldn't get caught by any security or any other personnel. She took out her camera and readied herself. She disguised herself as one of the paparazzi so she wouldn't be seen.

The foreigner put on her mask to complete the look. She looked at her watch to see what time is it and heard the people going crazy, 'That must be her,' she got her camera and pointed it at Sana to get some pictures. After, she checked at them then looked up only to find Sana staring at her. The black-haired tried to look somewhere else but there's something in Sana's eyes that made her stare at her completely. She shook her head when her target looked away from her and to one of the interviewers.

 

 

Sana was in the backstage before the conference started, "Jihyo-ah, what time is it?"

"It's quarter to 2, Sana. Why?"

"No apparent reason," Sana shrugged.

"Okay... Come on, it's time," Jihyo said and pushed Sana up the stage.

Sana walked through the stage with other staff and saw her crush walking also from the other side. Mark looked at her and smiled, making Sana smile back. They then stopped in front of each other and looked forward to see a sea of paparazzi taking a picture of them. They bowed down and sat down on their respective seats. 

Sana was looking around the room when she saw a girl taking pictures of her from the back of the room. She stared at her when the girl looked down to her camera. And when she looked up to her, the Japanese model was mesmerized at how beautiful the girl's eyes were. She can't see the whole face but she can see that the girl is really beautiful underneath the mask. She and the girl stared at each other for a while.

Sana was brought back to reality when she was called by the MC.

"Sana-ssi, what do you feel about signing the contract of Wake Me Up! magazine?" the MC asked Sana.

"Well, I thought it's great to sign the contract to see and do something with much different concepts. I'm really excited to join and I am looking forward to work with the staff," she stated and the crowd roared at her answer. She was overwhelmed with all of this so became shy all of a sudden. She smiled shyly at the cameras.

"We are also looking forward to working with you, Sana-ssi. Why don't you answer some of the paparazzis' questions?" Sana nodded and then one of the paparazzi quickly raised his hand up to ask a question. Sana pointed to him.

The guy stood up and asked, "What do you feel about working with Mark Tuan after signing the contract?"

Sana was taken aback at the question but answered it anyway. Mark looking intently at her, waiting for her answer, "I'm actually also looking forward to work with him with any projects that are going to come. And...," she trailed off while looking at a certain spot in the room. She saw the girl glaring at her like she was jealous. Sana shrugged it off mentally and continued, "He is a good friend of mine. So I'm very excited to work with him," she finished.

"Okay! Questions for Mark Tuan," the MC said.

 

 

 

The agent was glaring at Sana, unconsciously. She felt something different when the paparazzi asked Sana what she feels about working with Mark. She can see that Mark was looking at the model while waiting for her answer. She knew that Mark liked her at that moment. Then when Sana looked at her while answering, she felt something in her heart. But she shrugged it off as she doesn't know what she felt.

She was still staring at Sana when it was Mark's turn to answer.

"Mark-ssi, are you and Sana a couple? Do you like her?" a girl asked.

Mark laughed at the questions and answered, "As to what Sana said earlier, we're good friends. No more than that or less than that. For now, at least," he then looked at Sana who was spacing out while looking somewhere, or I may say, at someone. He admired her beauty before answering the second question, "And yes, I do like her," Sana looked back at him because of his answer.

The crowd roared again at what Mark said. The crowed then pushed each other to the stage, making a mess. The guards blocked the crowd from getting to the stage. The staff then pulled both Mark and Sana out of there and into the backstage. Sana turned to Mark and slapped him.

"Why did you say that, Mark?" Sana asked.

Mark put his hand to where Sana slapped him, "They asked a question and it would be rude if I don't answer it."

"I know that," Sana rubbed her face, "But you didn't have to answer it like that. I don't want to be in another controversy, Mark."

"Who cares about that?"

"I do, Mark. I do," Sana ruffled her hair.

"Don't you like me?"

"Wha-! Okay, I do like you-"

"Then why don't we continue this as a couple then?"

"You didn't let me finish, Mark. I do like you but not more than a friend. We're friends and that's it. I don't want anymore than that." She finished. And walked away from Mark, leaving him frozen in his spot. Jihyo looked at him sympathetically and followed Sana.

"I'm not letting you go away from me, Sana. I'm going to make sure that you'll be mine."

 

 

 

"Sana! Wait up!" Jihyo caught up to her and turned her around, "What was that about, Sana?" but she was shocked to see Sana crying, "Why are you crying, Sana?" She then hugged her.

"Ji-jihyo...," Sana sobbed unto Jihyo's shoulder, "I've hurt h-him."

Jihyo patted Sana's back, trying to calm her down, "Tell me first, what happened," Jihyo pulled away.

"I was too caught up in the moment and the thought of being pressured being a couple with Mark. I-I just couldn't do that. I'm not r-ready," Sana sobbed, "I don't want to be in a relationship yet. I want to focus first on my career and not my love life. And the thought of people pressuring me to do things with Mark and not even getting my own privacy is not what I want, Jihyo," the latter then hugged her again.

"You know, you could've said that to him. I know he would understand. Not just slap him but I know what you feel. If I was in your place, I think would've done the same," she pulled away and looked at her, "You know what, when you see him at the party, apologize and explain what you felt and why you did that. Okay?"

Sana looked at her, tears still forming in her eyes, "Okay..."

"Let's go," Jihyo smiled at her and went to their car.

 

 

"Have you followed her, agent?"

"Affirmative, sir. I think they're going to prepare for the party now."

"Good. You go and ready yourself also for the party. Make sure that you wouldn't be caught there."

"Yes, sir," the girl ended the call and looked at the pictures of Sana in her camera, "Such a bubbly person on the outside but a vulnerable one on the inside."

"I'm sorry, but this day might be your last one, sweetheart," the girl then drove away to her apartment to prepare for the party.

 

 

"Why don't you sleep for now, Sana-yah? I'll just wake you up if you need to prepare," Jihyo suggested when they went inside the apartment.

"Sure. All that's happened tired me enough," Sana walked to her bedroom and changed into a more comfortable clothing, "Wake me up later, Jihyo-ah," she reminded.

"Yeah. Sleep tight," Sana laid down in her bed and immediately closed her eyes, entering dreamland.

 

 

Sana was walking in the party, some people were talking to her, congratulating her for her hard work. When she finished talking, she looked around the venue and saw a pair of familiar eyes. Unconsciously, she made her way to the eyes. When she stopped in front of her, she started to talk.

"Hey there."

"Hi, Sana," Sana was shocked at what the girl said.

"How did you know my name?"

"Who wouldn't? You're like the center of this party," the girl said like it's the obvious thing in the world. Well, it is kind of obvious.

Sana was flustered at the bluntness of the girl. She was going to ask for the girl's name until she heard a gunshot.

"Well, I guess this is the last time that I will meet you, Sana-ssi," the girl said and Sana looked front and saw blood coming out of her chest, "Goodnight, Minatozaki Sana."

And her surroundings became blurry and next second, she saw darkness covering her sight.

 

"Sana?"

"Sana?!"

 

 

"SANA!" Jihyo was shaking Sana because she saw her having a terrible nightmare.

Sana woke up because of Jihyo's shake to her body but what she didn't know was she was already crying. Jihyo hugged her tightly.

"Are you okay?! Why are you crying?" Sana reached out to her face and felt that her face was wet. 

Jihyo pulled away a little bit to look at the crying latter, "Why are you crying? Did something happen?" Jihyo asked continuously.

Sana looked at her, "N-nothing happened, Jihyo. Just had a nightmare. Don't worry," she assured.

Jihyo looked at her worriedly, "Okay. Let's get you prepared for the party. Come on," she then helped Sana off the bed and brought Sana's underwear with her. They went to the bathroom and Jihyo gave the underwear to Sana when she went in. The latter thanked her and closed the door.

Sana leaned her back against the bathroom door and slowly slid down, hugging her knees like her life depended on it, "Will this really be my last night? Will she be the reason for it?" she then cried. 

Sana went out the bathroom in her underwear and with her towel around her body. She went to her bedroom and wore the dress that Jihyo prepared for her. She looked in front of the mirror, 'This dress looks beautiful. Am I really worth it?' she thought. Jihyo knocked on her door and peeked her head.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

"Yes, I am," Sana nodded and smiled.

"Let's put some make up on you then," Jihyo opened the door widely and went inside. She got her make up kit and let Sana sit on a chair in front of the mirror, "This won't be heavy, so don't worry. I know you don't like heavy make up." 

"Thank you, Jihyo-ah," Sana said sincerely. Jihyo nodded and started to put light make up on Sana's face.

After a little while, Sana's make up was ready. Jihyo stepped back for Sana to look at herself in the mirror.

"You look beautiful, Sana. You're definitely going to be the highlight later at the party."

(A/N: Just imagine Sana and Jihyo in their dresses in the What is Love? music video. hehe)

Sana faced Jihyo and got teary. She immediately hugged her tightly, "Thank you so much, Jihyo-ah. For everything. I mean it."

Jihyo also got teary at what Sana sincerely said, "Stop crying, sweetie. Your make up will be runny," she wiped Sana's tears, "Thank you also. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here, witnessing how you become a beautiful woman. You really grew up fast," she chuckled, "But don't grow up too fast, okay? I still want to be with you, witnessing every accomplishments you're going to get," Jihyo looked at the wall clock, "Come on, we don't want to be late."

They went out the apartment and found Jaebum waiting for them, looking very handsome in his suit. 

"Oppa!" Jaebum looked at Sana and grinned.

"Hey, kiddo. You look beautiful," he complimented.

"I could say the same to you but handsome will replace beautiful," Sana chuckled and went inside the car.

Jaebum looked at Jihyo and smiled, "You also look beautiful, Jihyo. I think I have to look out for men who wants my girls. If they want the both of you, they have to get through me," he laughed and Jihyo followed.

"You're very handsome, Jaebum. Probably my type," she winked at him, making Jaebum frozen in his place. He shook his head and went inside the car, grinning. And they went to their destination.

 

 

"We're here, my princesses," Jaebum parked the car in front of the building, "Now, get out, both of you," he playfully said.

"You're not coming with us, Jaebum?" Jihyo asked.

"I'll follow you girls later. I'll just park this in the parking lot. Now, go," he shooed. Both girls got out the car and waved to Jaebum.

They went inside and a lot of people looked at them. All of them were whispering about how beautiful both girls were.

"Ms. Minatozaki is very beautiful."

"The one beside her is also beautiful. Who is she?"

"I think that's Ms. Sana's manager."

"Really?! Wah, I never thought that her manager would be this beautiful. Wah~ Daebak."

"How come she didn't become a model or an artist? She would be fitted for both of that."

"Well, it's her decision. Let's just respect that."

Sana and Jihyo both ended up on a table near the stage. They sat down while they were waiting for Jaebum. Sana was looking around to find a certain pair of eyes. Both of them shot up their heads to the entrance of the venue when they heard gasps and fangirling noises and they know that Jaebum has entered.

"Who is he? He's so hot!"

At that statement, Jihyo's mood became down. She didn't know why, she just knows that she should take Jaebum out of their way. So she stood up and made her way to Jaebum then pulled him to their table. Sana looked at her in amusement, having a little clue on what's happening. When Jihyo sat down, Sana leaned near her and whispered, "Is someone jealous?" 

Jihyo looked at her curiously, "What do you mean?"

"Oh, I think you know what I mean," Sana wiggled her eyebrows towards Jihyo. Jaebum saw this and decided to in. 

"Is there something wrong?" he asked.

"Oh, there's nothing wrong. I just noticed something," Sana giggled making Jihyo flustered as she understood why she was like that, "We're going to talk later when we go home, Jihyo-ah," she teased. Jaebum was still looking at them, curious about what they were talking about.

They turned their heads to the stage when some lights were turned off and spotlights were on their boss, JYP. While he was walking across the stage, all the guests were clapping their hands. JYP stopped in front of the mic and signalled the audience to stop clapping. The crowd followed him and stopped talking. 

"Good evening, everyone. I am Park Jinyoung, the boss of the PJY Entertainment. And as we all know, we are here to celebrate the rocketing high of the sales in our company. Our company was going to get bankrupt until a very kind, beautiful lady decided to join our company and work there. And because of her, our sales came to their highest this month with also the sales of our other artists. And this artist is none other than our very own, Minatozaki Sana," all of the guests, even the artists form other companies, started clapping for the Japanese model, "Please come on stage, Sana-ssi and say a speech."

Sana was overwhelmed with the attention and shyly stood up then went up the stage. JYP held Sana's hand and kissed the back of it, handing her the microphone.

Sana stood awkwardly on the stage. And because she was nervous, she looked through the sea of people to find Jihyo and Jaebum looking at her and giving her courage.

The blonde closed her eyes and breathed deeply and slowly, trying to compose herself, she opened her eyes and immediately saw a pair of familiar eyes. Then the next second, all the lights went off and a gunshot was heard. But Sana was immediately tackled by someone, making the bullet miss her by a mile. 

'Oh no, please no. Please don't be real. I don't want my life to end,' Sana thought to herself, still lying down. When she opened her eyes, the lights were on and all the guests were panicking and shouting, running out the venue. She looked at the person who tackled her down and saw Mark. She saw him looking at her worriedly.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Wha-what happened?" 

"The lights were turned off and a gunshot was heard. Then I went to tackle you down before you get shot," he explained.

Sana sat up and looked around the place, trying to look for Jihyo and Jaebum. She saw them running to her. She tried to stand up but the moment she stood on her foot, she fainted.

"Sana!" that was the last thing she heard before blacking out.

 

 

 

 

"!" the girl cursed, "I missed, I freaking missed. If it wasn't for that man, I would've done my job," she banged her head on the steering wheel. She heard someone calling her. She picked up the call, "Hello?"

"Tzuyu, where are you?" the person on the other side said.

"Mina unnie, I'm driving home."

"Be quick, your boss wants to talk to you," and she ended the call.

Tzuyu hit her steering wheel hard, still mad at what happened. She drove to her apartment where her boss was waiting for her.

After an hour, she arrived at her apartment and went in immediately.

"Mina unnie, I'm here," she ran inside and saw two armed men in suits sitting down on their couch. The two men looked at her.

"Ms. Chou. There is something the boss wants to talk to you about," one of them said.

Tzuyu looked at Mina and sat down beside her.

"The boss knows that you missed. You had one shot and you missed Ms. Chou."

Tzuyu rubbed her temple and sighed, "I know. What does he want?"

"He wants you to find a way to befriend Ms. Minatozaki."

Tzuyu looked at the man cautiously, "What do you mean 'befriend Ms. Minatozaki'? How am I going to do that? After that incident, how am I going to do that?"

"The boss said that you need to find a way to befriend her and get what the boss wants from her," the man explained and both of them stood up from the couch. "You do that, and you will get everything you want. Even the freedom of your family in Taiwan. If not, death will be the answer." He threatened. "It's nice to talk to the both of you, but we need to go before the boss finds us," they bowed at the two girls and left the vicinity.

Tzuyu ruffled her hair in frustration and Mina rubbed he back, in attempt to calm the girl down, "What am I going to do, Mina unnie? If I don't do this, my family will be in danger. But if I do, I will hurt someone innocent."

"You can just quit the job, Tzuyu," Mina suggested.

"But my family will be in danger and I don't want that. That's the reason why I joined this organization. To help my family with their needs," Tzuyu cried.

"I guess, you'll just have to find a way. But I know that you will find a way quickly. Just believe," Mina hugged Tzuyu.

 

 

 

 

"How is she doc?" Jihyo asked.

"She's going to be fine, she just needs to rest. Tomorrow she can go home."

"Thank you, doc."

"No problem. I'll be going now. And take care of my daughter in the mean time, Jihyo. I trust you."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good girl. I'll be going now. Call me if something happens to Sana again."

"Will do," then the doctor went out of the room. Jihyo went up to Sana who was staring outside the window, thinking deeply.

"Is there something wrong, Sana-yah? You seem to be in deep thoughts," she asked, making Sana glance at her and faced the window again.

"There's nothing really. Just thought of something that might be possible but impossible at the same time." 

"What do you mean?" Jihyo then sat on Sana's bed and also looked outside the window.

"I saw a girl in the conference room. I stared at her because her eyes have this deep shade of brown that will entice you. It will lure you closer to the girl, making you want to know her," Sana explained vaguely. Jihyo didn't know where the topic was going so she asked her again.

"So... what's with this girl's eyes that made you think of something possible but impossible at the same time?"

"I dreamed of her. You know, when I was having a nightmare earlier? I saw her, not her whole face but her eyes. She talked to me, the girl knew my name. I was going to ask her name but when I opened my mouth, a gunshot was heard and I heard her saying goodbye to me. Like she knew that that was going to happen. Like she was the reason behind the gunshot," Sana told Jihyo while ruffling her hair, "And you know what's the craziest thing that has happened there?" she looked at Jihyo and saw her shake her head, "All of that happened at the party. That dream was like telling me that this incident will happen. That I was destined to die earlier but an unknown force pushed me out of there," she looked at Jihyo, scared of her life, "I don't want that to happen again, Jihyo. I don't want my life to end as it is," she ended and cried. Jihyo pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back and whispering words to make Sana feel better.

Jihyo thought of an idea. She pulled away from the hug and looked at Sana, holding her shoulders. "Why don't we get you a bodyguard?"

"What?" Sana asked, wiping her tears.

"You know, a bodyguard. So we can make sure of your safety. We don't want the incident to happen again."

"Okay..."

 

 

 

The next day, Sana's mom went to her daughter's room to inform her what she needs to do when she gets home. She said that she needs to rest more and not stress about things that are not important. She gave her vitamins and made them go their way to her apartment. Sana hugged her mom and thanked her. As for Jihyo, she just promised the doctor that she will do everything for Sana to not get hurt again. Jihyo also said that they will get a bodyguard for Sana and Sana's mother agreed to her plan. They went out of the hospital and saw Jaebum waiting for them as usual. The man saw them and walked to them. He hugged Sana tightly.

"Are you okay now, kiddo?"

"Yes, oppa. Feeling better," Sana smiled. Jaebum ruffled her hair, making her pout. "Oppa! I just fixed my hair."

"I missed you, kiddo," he hugged Sana tightly. Jaebum looked at Jihyo and invited her to the hug, which Jihyo immediately accepted and hugged the both of them. "Come on, now. You need to rest, Sana," he pulled away.

And all of them went home.

 

 

 

 

"Jaebum, do you know someone who can be a bodyguard for Sana?" Jihyo asked while cooking for their lunch. The said latter looked up at her and thought to himself.

"I think I may know a friend who knows someone. I'll call her," he then pulled out his phone to call his friend. Jihyo's ears perked up at the word "her".

"Her?" she asked.

"Well, yeah. I was her personal driver back then. For one day only," he said still searching through his contacts.

"Oh...," and Jaebum found the number and immediately called her. He waited for the other line to be picked up. He then heard a familiar voice greeting him.

"Jaebum oppa! It's been a long time since I've talked to you."

"Yeah. Hey Mina, can I ask a favor?" he asked while looking at Jihyo, who turned off the stove and walked near him.

"Yeah, sure oppa. What favor can I do for you?"

"Do you know someone who can be my princess's bodyguard? We just need one."

"Your princess? You have a daughter?" Mina asked, making Jaebum widen his eyes.

"Oh, no! I am the driver of someone. And she needs a bodyguard."

"Oh... may I know who's that someone?"

"Minatozaki Sana," Mina's ear perked up as she heard the famous Japanese model's name. She glanced at the person sleeping on the couch. "So... Is there someone you know who can be one?"

"Actually... There is someone who is perfect for the job."

 

 

 

 

Today, Tzuyu is going to meet someone in the nearby cafe. When Mina told her that her subject needs a bodyguard earlier, she didn't hesitate and got ready to meet the manager. 

When she entered the cafe, she started to look around for someone. She saw someone who was wearing a cap and mask like she was a celebrity. She walked to her and asked if she's the manager.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. Are you Miss Park Jihyo?" the masked person looked up to her and scanned her face.

'She looks beautiful. But not my type. I would go for Jaebum instead of her,' she thought. "Hey. Chou Tzuyu?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Please, take a sit," Jihyo gestured to the chair in front of her. "I think you know why you are here, don't you?"

"Yes. I'm here for a job as a bodyguard for Miss Minatozaki," Tzuyu answered.

"That is correct, Tzuyu-ssi. And I am here to know if you are really perfect for the job. Would you like some coffee or any drinks you prefer?"

"Coffee would be fine, Ms. Jihyo," the oldest nodded and signalled the waiter to come.

"One coffee and one espresso please," she looked at Tzuyu, "Light or dark?"

"Dark." 

"Dark it is then. Thank you," and the waiter nodded then went to his way to the counter.

"I'm just going to ask you some questions. Okay?" Tzuyu nodded. "First question, why do you think that you would be perfect for the job as what Mina-ssi said.?"

"I think I am perfect for the job because I know my boundaries as a bodyguard. I was trained to be the perfect one. Not only in combat but also in manners and respect for others. You may be in doubt for what I've said. But once I show you want I can do, what I'm capable of, I'm sure that your doubts will be gone," Tzuyu said seriously.

"What do you think is your role as a bodyguard?"

"My role is someone who can protect Ms. Minatozaki at all cost. Without hesitation, without any fear. Someone who will sacrifice himself or herself just save her, even if I die in the process," Jihyo scanned Tzuyu's face for uncertainty but fortunately, she hasn't found any hesitation. Just seriousness and passion for this job. And from that point, she's sure that Tzuyu is the perfect one for the job. Is she really?

Jihyo stood up unexpectedly and reached her right hand out to Tzuyu. "Welcome to the family, Chou Tzuyu. You're hired."

Tzuyu stood up and shook Jihyo's hand with both her hands, "You don't know how happy I am to be a part of your family. Thank you for the opportunity, Ms.Park."

"My pleasure. Just make sure you do your job right or you're out of the game," Jihyo playfully glared. "Your first day will be tomorrow. Here's the address," Jihyo gave a piece of paper to Tzuyu. "We'll see you there."

 

 

 

 

"Sana, we've found the perfect bodyguard for you. And she's coming over later," Jihyo said.

"Later? Already?" Sana asked, baffled with the information.

"Well, Jaebum knew someone who knows a person who can be one."

"Jaebum oppa really has many connections."

"I know right," Jihyo nodded. And they heard the door opening and closing, revealing Jaebum.

"Good morning, oppa!" Sana waved.

"Good mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter