Fin.

Scaled Models and Mugs of Strawberry Milk

Chaeyoung twirled the ring on her fingers thoughtfully.

"Unnie, I love her so much, I think we're ready for this."

The girl had her head down staring at the silver ring on her hands, The ring wasn't too flashy nor too simple, The stones embedded in it were small but were still noticeable, Chaeyoung deemed it perfect for Tzuyu. Chaeyoung looked at Jeongyeon worriedly.

"..What if she says no?"

Jeongyeon's eyebrows knitted in confusion as she unfolded her arms and pushed herself off the kitchen island.

"Chaeng, what are you talking about? Tzuyu loves you so much." Jeongyeon patted Chaeyoung's head and smiled at her.

"There's a hundred of possible scenarios that could happen when you propose to Tzuyu, A meteor could come barreling down the earth's face and wipe us out of existence but Tzuyu rejecting you isn't one of them."

"I agree!" Nayeon came in from the living room, She gave Jeongyeon a kiss on the cheek as she s her arm around Jeongyeon's waist pulling her closer, She layed her head on Jeongyeon's shoulder and looked at Chaeyoung.

"You two are perfect for each other, I can’t see any of you ending up with someone else other than each other.”

Chaeyoung hopped off the kitchen counter as she put back the ring in a small velvet box. She approached the couple and wrapped the both of them in her embrace. "Thank you, I love you both."

Jeongyeon and Nayeon giggled and wrapped their arms around the shorter girl.

"We love you too kid, It’ll be fine.”

"If you ever think that everything you planned is lacking, Always remember Nayeon didn’t even plan hers, She couldn’t wait long enough so she took matters on her own and she argued about it with me, She brought me to the jewelry store, asked me which fancies me the most and asked the shop clerk to give it to her after slapping a huge wad of cash and got down on her knee.”

“It shut you up didn’t it? You even cried.”

Jeongyeon slapped Nayeon’s arm.

“Your proposal speech was ‘Yoo Jeongyeon, I’m tired of waiting and at this point my eggs would expire and we won’t be able to reproduce and make beautiful babies, Marry me or so help me I will drag you down the aisle myself!’ I deserve more! You could’ve atleast planned a simple dinner at some restaurant or at home!”

“You don’t even trust me with a toy knife inside the kitchen!”

“That’s how dangerous you are inside the kitchen!”

Chaeyoung laughed at the bickering of the married couple, She pulled away from the hug as she straightened the wrinkles on her shirt.

"I'll be off now. Tzuyu's shift at the hospital ends in an hour and I should be getting ready."

“Take care, Little one.”

 

 

Tzuyu rolled her shoulders and leaned back on her chair, She rubbed the exhaustion off her eyes as she let out a yawn, The screen infront of her flashed numerous hospital records. She felt a light tap on her shoulder, Turning around she sees Dahyun with her backpack still on.

"Your shift's over Tzuyu-ah. Good job today, You should head out, It's pretty late."

Tzuyu smiled at the older girl, She stood up and gathered her things.Dahyun took her chair and took off her bag setting it aside under their desk. Tzuyu patted Dahyun's head as she left the their station

"Bye Unnie."

"Take care!" Dahyun smiled at her.

Tzuyu's shift started at 10am in morning and ended at 10pm in the evening, She boarded the bus and sat on the nearest window seat, She watched as the streetlights and buildings that illuminated their path passed by. Tzuyu always wondered how her and Chaeyoung clicked, The fields of their chosen professions were no where near each other. Tzuyu being a Nurse and Chaeyoung being an Architect. Tzuyu smiled at the thought of her girlfriend.

Tzuyu couldn't wait to get home and be wrapped around Chaeyoung's arms.

 

 

Chaeyoung glued the last piece on the model she’s been working on for her current project. She fished out the small box from her front pocket and put it inside the model, Chaeyoung let out a satisfied huff as she dusted off her pants and stood up, She carefully lifted up the model and put in on her work desk. She switch on the lights and the model lit up. Chaeyoung grinned to herself and switched it back off.

“Perfect.”

She loves it when Tzuyu checks her works, She loves the way Tzuyu’s fingers lightly runs across the plans she has drafted, The way Tzuyu’s brows slightly knit in concentration as she reads the plans, The way Tzuyu’s eyes light up while she admires every small detail Chaeyoung created. She loves how Tzuyu puts in so much effort despite not knowing much about Chaeyoung’s profession.

Chaeyoung heard footsteps at the porch, She quickly got out of her work office, Not forgetting to turn off the lights before her, She made her way to the front door waiting for her girlfriend to open the door, The door swung open and Tzuyu came in, Chaeyoung smiled at her when her eyes found the shorter girl’s eyes.

“Hey, You.”

Tzuyu shut the door behind her, She shrug off her backpack and hung it up at the nearby rack, Dusting off her shoes at the mat, She then approached Chaeyoung and smiled back at her.

“I’m home.”

Chaeyoung stood on her toes as she wrapped her arms around the taller girl’s neck, Nuzzling it with her nose.

“Welcome home.”

Tzuyu hummed in content as she wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung’s small frame, She rested her chin on Chaeyoung’s shoulder.

“Tough day at work?”

“Mmhm.” Tzuyu nodded against her shoulder, Chaeyoung pulled away and looked at her.

“Have you already eaten dinner? Or do you just want to go take a warm bath?”

“Mina Unnie treated us to dinner because the operation we had earlier went well so a bath would be fine, My love.”

Chaeyoung’s cheeks flushed at the endearment Tzuyu called her, They’ve been giving each other sweet nicknames from the start but Chaeyoung’s heart always flutters when Tzuyu calls her nicknames.

“How about you? How is your Condominium project doing?”

Chaeyoung grinned at Tzuyu

“I just finished it! I’ll show you later.”

“I’d love that.”

 

 

Tzuyu just came out of the shower, She went back to the clothes’ rack and fished out the small velvet box from the pocket. Tzuyu let out a huff and safely tucked the box into her bath robe’s pocket, She went to the kitchen and grabbed her mug and Chayeoung’s favorite mug from the cupboards, The mug had the plans of the world famous Architectures all around the world printed on it. Chaeyoung loved it so much that she wouldn’t let anyone wash it or use it besides her. Tzuyu filled it both mugs with strawberry milk as coffee would keep her and Chaeyoung awake the whole night.

“Honey?”

Chaeyoung’s head popped out from the door of her work office, A huge grin plastered on her face.

“You’re going to love this.” Chaeyoung’s head disappeared and Tzuyu smiled at her girlfriend’s cuteness.

“You know I always love your works.” Tzuyu made her way to Chaeyoung’s work office “This one is different!” Chaeyoung said back. She let out a gasp when she saw the model perfectly perched up on a high stool, Tzuyu came closer as she handed Chaeyoung her cup and set hers on a nearby table not taking her eyes off the model, Her fingers lightly running across the artificial grass occasionally poking on a miniature vehicle,tree or a human that meets her touch halfway. Tzuyu couldn’t help but be amazed at her girlfriend’s accuracy on her scaled models.

“Go turn that switch on.”

Tzuyu did as she was told, Every miniature streetlight lit up, Even the headlights and tail lights of the miniature vehicles.

“Oh my god, Chaeyoung this is amazing.”

Chaeyoung’s heart fluttered at the sight of her girlfriend gushing about the model, She sipped on the cup she was holding.

“While I’m happy you appreciate my work, Our senior architects would probably think that it’s trash.”

Chaeyoung chuckled at her joke despite it being painfully true.

“I’m still upset they can’t appreciate your work.”

“I’m sorry you feel that way but that’s just how it is.” Chaeyoung shrugged as she leaned against her drafting table, She pointed at the building.

“Why don’t you take a peek inside? It’s fully furnished complete with fixtures and miniature people.”

Chaeyoung emptied her cup and fumbled with it as she waited for Tzuyu to find the ring box only to read at the bottom of the cup.

 

Marry me.

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu both gasped at the same time, Eyes both wide when they found each other, Tzuyu had the small velvet box cradled in her hands while Chaeyoung had her favorite cup cradled in hers, Both had tears slightly b in their eyes. They both broke out on smiles, giggles slowly turned into laughter, Tzuyu was the one to close the gap between them, She wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung’s small frame, The box securely kept on her hand, Chaeyoung carefully put her mug down on her drafting table as she wrapped her arms around Tzuyu and lightly rocked them back and forth as their laughter gradually died down.

“Oh my god, We were actually planning to propose to each other.”

“I know right? God, I love you so much Son Chaeyoung words can’t even describe what I feel.”

Chaeyoung gently pushed her away, She got on her knee as she took the box from Tzuyu’s hand, She opened it and took the ring inside, She put the box beside her cup and took Tzuyu’s left hand.

“Chou Tzuyu, The love of my life, I can’t even begin to describe how happy my life had been ever since I met you, You are my friend, my bestfriend and soon to be my wife, now I’m sure you won’t reject me.” Chaeyoung chuckled and Tzuyu just rolled her eyes. “I’m so happy that I have you, I love you so much, You’re always there even in my darkest days and I would do everything to keep it that for the rest of our lives, Chou Tzuyu, Would you do the honor of marrying me?”

Chaeyoung grinned at Tzuyu, In her left hand, trapped between her thumb and index finger, The ring reflected the lights from the model beside them, Her right hand holding Tzuyu’s left hand gently while her thumb drew circles on her knuckles.

“I would, A million times, If possible, Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung let out a hearty laugh as she stood up and slid the ring on on Tzuyu’s finger, Tzuyu’s eyes twinkled as she admired the ring on her finger.

“I can’t believe we even brought the same ring.”

Tzuyu slid her hand inside her robe’s pocket and retrieved a small velvet box, she opened it and took the ring out setting the box at the table behind Chaeyoung. It was indeed the same as what Chaeyoung had bought for her. She got down on her knee and mimicked Chaeyoung.

“Son Chaeyoung, The moment you collided with me sending hospital records, pens and tracing papers flying at the hospital corridors, I knew that you will make a huge impact in my life.” Chaeyoung giggled at the pun. “It was love at first sight.” Tzuyu shrugged. “We made it work even though our jobs were almost polar opposites, Even though I come home in the most ungodly hours of the morning, You would still greet me with a smile on your face, Gosh, that smile, I want to see it everyday, For the rest of my life. I want to build a life with you, Have children with you, Watch them grow into wonderful people and knit hats and gloves for our grandchildren by the fire as we watch them play, I want to spend my life with you by my side, Son Chaeyoung, My love, Will you marry me and make me the happiest woman on Earth?”

“I love that random pun, I will and I promise you, I will give you nothing but happiness for the rest of our lives.”

Tzuyu slipped the ring on Chayeoung’s finger, She stood up and intertwined her finger’s with Chaeyoung’s, She tucked a stray strand of Chaeyoung’s hair behind her ear, She leaned in and kissed her, They break the kiss and smiled at each other, Their foreheads leaning against the other.

“I can’t believe you proposed to me in your bath robe.”

“I can’t believe you proposed to me while I’m in my bath robe.”

“I can’t believe we were actually planning on proposing to each other.”

“I can’t believe we both decided that tonight would be the best time to propose to each other.”

“You dork, I love you.”

Your dork, I love you too.”

"So what do we do with our extra rings?"

"We can pawn them."

"Good point."

 

 

------------------------------------------------

hi while you're here you can come join our discord channel, It's channel dedicated to twice!

https://discord.gg/6jNFBB

I hope you liked my one-shot!

@gayforchaeyu is my twitter acc