Chapter 4

Marked

It was their third day spent traveling over the desert and everything seemed awfully monotonous. The sun was relentlessly blazing above their heads, the sand under their feet scorching hot. Baekhyun was tired, his body drained out of energy. After his little fight with his captor, he had walked on his own for as long as possible till his knees gave out and he had kneeled on the ground, panting heavily. Only then he allowed the man to help him sit back in the saddle, a way too pleased smirk playing on his lips. However, he didn’t say anything - which Baekhyun was grateful for, he didn’t have any strength to bicker over the man’s stupid prejudices against him.


 

They had not taken any breaks the previous day, so he couldn’t talk to Luhan at all and when the night fell, both of them were too tired to discuss anything, falling asleep in a speed of light.


 

He had woken up abruptly this morning, chest heaving up and down, pupils quivering.


 

"You were screaming." Chanyeol said simply and retracted his hand back from where he gripped Baekhyun’s shoulder hard to shake him awake. The prince had only nodded, hoping the later would not dwell into it.


 

Now he was back in the saddle with his back as usual pressed against the taller man’s chest. Baekhyun grew strangely accustomed to their position, not bothered anymore by their close proximity.


 

His body was hot all over, partially because he refused to accept fresh clothes from Chanyeol this morning, because firstly, he wasn’t about to accept anything from that man and secondly, Chanyeol’s black robes, while the sleeves and pants would be way to long for him, were a tad too bit revealing in the chest area which Baekhyun wasn’t comfortable with. The prince didn’t like to reveal his body nor his tattoos.


 

Chanyeol had snorted, the roll of his eyes evident as he folded the clothes back into his travel bag, muttering something about ungrateful brats. Baekhyun had paid no attention to him. He wasn’t feeling well from the moment he had woken up. There was this constant pressure in his abdomen and he almost threw up when Chanyeol had tossed him two slices of moldy bread for breakfast.


 

Baekhyun hadn’t touched them and Chanyeol had once again commented about how spoiled he was. Baekhyun hadn’t replied.


 

It was late in the afternoon when he finally realized why he was feeling so out of place. Minseok had just informed them that they would be reaching the swamps soon. He didn’t understand how it was possible because for miles and miles he saw nothing but massive dunes of golden sand but he wasn’t one to argue. Besides that, he would gladly trade the desert for something... well, chillier. Baekhyun’s relief was short-lived however as not long after that he felt a very familiar stabbing pain in his abdomen.


 

He was so taken aback that he gasped loudly, grasping the horn of the saddle to prevent himself from falling.


 

"What’s wrong?" Chanyeol’s deep voice boomed in his ear and he could feel as the man wrapped his hand around his forearm to steady him. Baekhyun quickly shook him off with a faint nothing but he could literally feel Chanyeol’s eyes burning holes into the back of his skull.


 

No! No! No! This couldn’t possibly be happening right now!


 

But the more he thought about it, the clearer it was that he was not mistaken. The symptoms were obviously there; the exhaustion, restlessness and dizziness. He glanced at Luhan, who as Baekhyun suspected, noticed his little slip up. The boy’s eyes were wide with recognition as he mouthed the word three. Baekhyun gave him a curt nod and Luhan sent him a sympathetic smile.


 

Both of them knew what’s going to happen in the next few days, there was no way to revert it, no way to prevent it, he simply has to go through it as always.


 

His only problem was Chanyeol.


 

Because if he found out who, or rather what, Baekhyun was, far worse things would have been awaiting him than death.


 

---


 

Baekhyun had bravely fought the pain that seemed to grow in intensity with every passing hour. It was now occurring in a certain pattern so he could easily predict when it would hit next. That way he could avoid showing any discomfort and only Luhan, who was sending him furtive looks from time to time could notice that the prince wasn’t exactly himself.


 

But Baekhyun knew this was just the beginning. It will get worse and in the past there had been days when he couldn’t even stand up without crying out. He will have to find a solution to this, think of something that would explain Baekhyun’s condition because Chanyeol will notice and Minseok might too and who knows? Maybe they know someone like Baekhyun and they will find out right away what he actually is.


 

They might try to sell him or keep him for their- No!... He’s going to find a way how to avoid this.


 

"Look ahead!" Chanyeol’s baritone voice interrupted his thoughts and Baekhyun lifted his chin up, his eyes searching the horizon.


 

"What is that?" Baekhyun asked after a while, as he gazed into distance and the image of what he was seeing settled in. It seemed as if a silver wall materialized in front of them, gleaming lightly and luring them closer. Just looking at it made him dizzy. He craned his neck as if leaning forward would help him figure it out. He heard Chanyeol chuckling behind him as he tilted his head to the side. What every it was, it looked strangely familiar.


 

Wait! A silver wall.


 

A sudden flashback of what had Baekhyun seen that night they were attacked entered his mind. He had seen this! He had seen this in his vision, only that at that time he was looking from above, as if he was a bird soaring through the sky, giving him a perfect view of the desert.


 

"I’ve seen this before." He whispered to himself, temporarily unaware that Chanyeol could still hear every single one of his words.


 

"You’ve been here?" The man asked incredulously.


 

Baekhyun turned to look at him over his shoulder. "No, I’ve seen it, last night when I touched the soldier..." His blood ran cold before he could finish the sentence. He remembered the vision way too clearly now. The tiny specs he had seen from above were undoubtedly groups of soldiers the king had sent after them.


 

So he was right. The group from the previous night wasn’t the only surprise awaiting them. They need to get out of this damned place as soon as possible.


 

"We have to hurry!" Baekhyun exclaimed and as if on cue and arrow swished past his left ear, missing him by mere inches.


 

Chanyeol had his own bow in his hands faster than Baekhyun was able to register. He was just about to say there was no point in doing that since the wind was blowing in their direction, giving their opponents a huge advantage, when Chanyeol released the chord and mercilessly hit the target spot on.


 

Baekhyun didn’t have time to stare at the taller man in utter awe as second after, Chanyeol’s hands tugged on the reins and the horse started galloping and he almost fell over if it wasn’t for Chanyeol’s arm that securely curled around his waist to keep him in place.


 

Minseok with Luhan were tailing them and Baekhyun grew worried that Luhan might get hurt, and all because of him. They did not want Luhan, they wanted him. Baekhyun knew he shouldn’t have underestimated the King and the lengths he would go to to get him back. He had secretly hoped that the group of soldiers they had encountered the night before would be the first and the last one but he was horribly wrong and Luhan was in danger.


 

The silver wall in front of them seemed to grow in mass as they were quickly getting nearer and so did Baekhyun’s anxiety. What exactly was that? How could the go past it? To Baekhyun, it looked like the edge of the world. The wall was so tall that it was reaching the sky and melted into a blurred line above their heads.


 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Baekhyun yelled at the top of his lungs. The wind was gushing past him, blowing his hair all over the place but Chanyeol showed no signs of slowing down, if anything, the sound of hooves hitting the ground grew faster and louder.


 

And just when Baekhyun was sure their going to crash right into a solid stone, Chanyeol yelled equally loudly. "DEEP BREATH!"


 

The prince had enough sense to do as he was told, although he doubted the effect of his actions. However, as he waited for the impact of being violently knocked to the ground, his vision blurred as if someone threw a grey curtain over his head. The air around seemed to him in, his eye bulging out of its sockets and he couldn’t breath.


 

However, the strange sensation disappeared as soon as it was there and Baekhyun found himself gasping for air. The horse came to an abrupt halt, neighing loudly, swinging its head from said to side.


 

Baekhyun pried Chanyeol’s hand off, pushing him away as he slid down from the saddle, falling to his knees with a dull thud. Chanyeol followed not long afterwards, dismounting the horse in a much graceful way than Baekhyun did. His boisterous laughter was ringing in his ears like a annoying siren and he briefly wondered if he was the only one who did not find it funny a least bit.


 

He shook his head, taking in a deep breath as he slowly stood up, looking around. Luhan was shaking terribly, unable to move until Minseok unceremoniously pushed him down before he too elegantly slid from the saddle.


 

"Welcome to the swamps." Chanyeol announced dramatically, spreading his arms. Baekhyun scowled at him, stumbling towards Luhan.


 

"Are you alright?" He gripped Luhan’s forearm and the boy nodded shakily.


 

"Where are we mas- Baekhyun." He corrected himself at last, giving Baekhyun a shy smile.


 

The prince sighed in relief, eyeing the boy from head to toe for any possible injuries. "I have no idea."


 

This time he really took his time to look around. The silver wall they just came through wasn’t a wall at all. It was a thick mass of swirling grey smoke. "These are not an actual swamps, right?" He glanced at Chanyeol who was gently caressing the horse side.


 

"They were not created by nature if that’s what you’re asking." The man grinned, showing a row of perfectly white teeth.


 

Baekhyun suspected that. One could almost not tell the difference but he could feel it, the presence of something that was beyond reality. The soil under his feet was almost wet, his heels digging in. There was no road ahead of them only maps of small ponds, greyish stones covered in thick layer of moss. They could only walk on the dry-land protrusions and Baekhyun could already imagine how exhausting that would be. The few trees he was able to to spot seemed to stick out as sore thumbs between the dense bushes and reeds that seemed to be floating above the water level. The sky above them was a dull shade of grey and the air was thick and stuffy yet cold and Baekhyun was sure he was gonna miss the desert by the sundown.



 

"The soldiers won’t follow us here?" Baekhyun asked in a small voice.


 

"We should encamp first and then I’ll tell you everything you want." He said, his expression playfull. It was a jab in Baekhyun’s direction because the day before he refused to share anything with Chanyeol and now the taller man was showing him that he was willing to give Baekhyun as much information as he wanted. It was a trap Baekhyun wouldn’t let himself to be lured in.


 

"I mean no harm." The tall man added, as if sensing Baekhyun’s worries, his lips pulling into a smirk.


 

Baekhyun turned his back to him, acting as if he didn’t hear him. He was curious about many things. He wasn’t dumb, he could sense it too. There were safe in here. For some strange reason he knew the soldiers won’t follow them here. The only thing he didn’t know was why.



 

---


 

Baekhyun sat under their temporary shelter, which consisted of a few vertically placed branches and a blanket thrown on top. Luhan was huddled under a blanket, his blonde hair tousled, breaths even. A few times Baekhyun reached down to grab the corner of the blanket and drag it further over Luhan’s bony shoulders.


 

It was then, when he did that for the umpteenth time when he noticed movement out of the corner of his eye. His whole body tensed, breath hitching in his throat. He was sure that Chanyeol sat by one of the dozen of ponds that were surrounding them, his back turned towards them gazing into the distance. Minseok on the other hand was sprawled on the ground, his head propped on one of his bags, snoring loudly. Therefore, whatever the prince saw moving, wasn't part of their small group.


 

He stood up, dusting his knees off - not that it helped, after three days spent on the desert his robes were basically ruined - and ducked his head as he walked out of their impromptu tent.


 

And that was when he saw it again, much clearer this time and for a second he swore his heart stopped beating. There was a large shadow of human like shape standing at least hundred feet away from him, partially concealed by the bushes surrounding it. It was looking in his direction but its face seemed to be hidden by a dark cape.


 

And as Baekhyun stood there, unmoving, the creature moved upwards, floating a few inches above the ground, its cloak swirling around like a smoke before it descended down and disappeared under the water level, the ripples on the surface as the only evidence of it being real. Baekhyun stumbled backwards, finally snapping out of his transe.


 

His mouth opened to say something, but Chanyeol beat him to it. "Sit down."


 

Baekhyun flinched when he felt the man’s body warmth. Chanyeol was right behind him, his eyes too following the spot where the creature had just disappeared.


 

The prince shakily slid down to sit on the damp soil. "What are they?" Baekhyun asked in a hushed voice as if afraid the thing might be listening to them.


 

"Shadows." Chanyeol said simply, plopping himself next to him, but upon seeing the prince confused expression, he added, "They are memories from ancient times, not from our world anymore but not entirely gone either. Their power affects these lands greatly."


 

Baekhyun nodded in understanding. "I thought it was strange how close the swamps are to the desert. The weather and the land, and that strange wall, it’s all their work, right?"


 

"Yes. They feed on misfortune of the living, approaching them during their sleep, thriving from their nightmares. Their energy is what you see around us. Many legends are tied to this place, all of them different from each other but it seems it’s their anger that feeds this place."


 

"I don’t think so." Baekhyun shook his head and Chanyeol turned to him, cocking one brow.


 

"You don’t think so?" He repeated, amused.


 

The prince suddenly felt a little bit shy under the inquiring gaze and he fidgeted on his spot. "I think they’re sad... I mean it’s in the air, in the soil-," he paused digging his fingers into the wet ground underneath his feet, "it seems they don’t want to be here any less than we are. I can feel it."


 

"You can feel it?" Chanyeol asked incredulously, examining his face as if he expected that Baekhyun is going start laughing.


 

However, the prince turned away from him instead. "Uhm, yeah... I can. Is-Is it safe to stay here?" Baekhyun asked, a tiny bit anxious from the presence of the strange creatures.


 

"As long as one of us stay awake they won’t dare to come closer." Chanyeol chuckled.


 

Baekhyun hummed, dwelling into his thought for a moment before speaking up again. "The soldiers won’t dare to follow us in here, right? Because of them, right?"


 

"No, everyone avoids this place. They’re going to take detour, most likely choosing the mountain road over the forests. They won’t make it far."


 

"Why do you think so?"


 

"There’s a reason why Trion managed to withstand the King’s pressure for such a long time. Neither the mountains or forests are safe to cross, things that live in there are much more deadly than these." He pointed to his right and Baekhyun spotted another two cloaked figures under a bare tree.


 

"You’re not afraid of them." Baekhyun noted.


 

The smile Chanyeol gave him was blinding. "There’s no point in being afraid of death because that’s the only thing we all have in common." With that he rose to his feet, going back to his dwelling spot and leaving Baekhyun alone.


 

---


 

Kyungsoo sat in the darkest corner of his cell, his back resting against the cold stone wall, his shoulders slouched. How many days has it been since they had thrown him in here? He was not sure, everything was blurry in his head. Maybe it was the lack of food and water or maybe his mind gave up at keeping up with everything that has happened so far.


 

He remembered how strongly Jongin had been against him visiting his father. The fight they had was so terrible that Kyungsoo ended up crying on their shared bed with his back facing his lover. At that time he couldn’t understand Jongin’s worries, Kyungsoo was too naive, he knew that now... Until then they had never talked about Kyungsoo’s father. Jongin simply didn’t care neither considered the old man a threat and Kyungsoo had been too hurt and angered that his own father offered him as a gift to secure an alliance between their small town and Jongin’s tribe.


 

Back then he was betrayed by people he loved the most, his own family. However as years passed and his relationship with Jongin bloomed, he forgot how angry he used to be at the old man.


 

After all, the anger he felt towards his father was what had made him stay with Jongin.


 

Because the first night he had met him, Jongin didn’t want him.


 

Not at all.





 

Kyungsoo was trembling from head to toe. Usually rides in carriages lulled him to sleep and he often dozed off on long rides.


 

But not today.


 

Today was different because this time Kyungsoo was not coming back home. He was sent to warm a bed for an unknown man in the name of peace. And all of that just because he was a carrier.


 

The dark haired boy was never resentful for being born that way but tonight was the first time he wished he was different, normal.


 

The carriage came to an abrupt halt and Kyungsoo flinched, his eyes wide. He held in a breath when he heard steps from outside and slid into the corner in fear who would be standing in front of him once the door opens.


 

He sighed in relief once he spotted the dark haired man with high cheekbones and piercing eyes. His name was Jongdae and he had informed in a very indifferent voice that he would be taking care of him from now on and that, to Kyungsoo’s horror, he was the only person in the tribe that could speak Kyungsoo’s language.


 

"We’re here." He announced gruffly, extending his hand to help Kyungsoo step out of the carriage. The boy almost tripped over his robes and he stumbled out in a ungraceful manner, cheeks reddening at his little mishap. He damned his father once more for forcing him to wear one of his most expensive and heaviest robes.


 

"We will not be needing your services any more." Jongdae informed his father’s men and Kyungsoo watched with his mouth open as they quickly started preparing things to leave, obviously in hurry as none of them wished to stay longer than necessary. Kyungsoo couldn’t blame them, the stories that surrounded this tribe were gruesome, but he refused to let them leave without taking his belongings first.



 

"Wait! I have all of my clothes and books-" Kyungsoo started but was interrupted by Jongdae’s stern voice.


 

"You won’t be needing those." He waved the men with a flick of his wrist.


 

"But I have only one set of robes." Kyungsoo protested weekly, feeling that this man did not leave space for arguments.


 

"Ahh..." Jongdae eyed him from head to toe, grimacing. "You won’t be needing those either."


 

Kyungsoo was ready to shoot back at him but then looked at Jongdae’s own clothes, which consisted from black pants and a black long sleeved shirt pinned in place by a leather belt around his waist, and realized that his traditional hanbok was not exactly practical.


 

"Wait!" Kyungsoo yelled one more time, running over to search through chests filled with clothes and his favorite books. Jongdae was tapping his foot impatiently but he paid no mind to that. He broke into a huge grin when found what he wanted and ran over back to Jongdae.


 

"A book?" He lifted one his brows, snatching it out of his hand to examine it closely. When he read the title he snorted.


 

"Dragon Legends Through History. You actually believe these?" He asked in a mocking tone that got Kyungsoo frowning.


 

The young carrier took the book back, his tone defensive. "It doesn’t matter if I believe it. It’s every child’s favorite book."


 

"If you say so..." The older man trailed off and Kyungsoo had a hunch he stopped listening the moment Kyungsoo opened his mouth.


 

They waited until his father’s man finally embarked on their journey back home and Kyungsoo watched them leave with a clenching heart. This is it. There was no going back after this. Not that he had any choice, his father made it clear that if Kyungsoo doesn’t follow his order he as might consider his son to be dead.


 

"Let’s go." Jongdae pushed him forward and Kyungsoo very reluctantly started walking towards a massive wooden gate, alight with torches on each side. Jongdae hit the door three times and then yelled something in language Kyungsoo could not speak. "We have to wait now."


 

"What is he like?" Kyungsoo asked after a long moment of silence as they waited for the gate to be opened.


 

"Jongin? Uhm... he’s different..."


 

"That doesn’t sound good." Kyungsoo commented. "Is, is he old?"


 

"He’s older than you." Jongdae nodded his head and Kyungsoo’s heart sank. Perhaps he was not as old as his father, right? Or even older? That could not be possible, Kyungsoo didn’t think he could do that. He looked down at his feet, his eyes watering and he blinked the unshed tears away. He had promised to himself that he will not cry. He will accept his fate with grace.


 

"Kyungsoo?" Jongdae nudged him with his elbow and the carrier looked up, startled. "Did you hear what i said?"


 

Of course he didn’t... He was too busy wallowing in self-pity but the look on Jongdae’s face convinced him it would be better to say yes. The man didn’t look like he like to repeat himself. Hopefully, it wasn’t anything important. Maybe just words of encouragement that would still mean nothing to Kyungsoo.


 

He led them through the narrow paths between the huts and Kyungsoo noticed that from time to time a child or a woman would peak their heads out to see Kyungsoo better, only to turn around to whisper to each other. The gnawing feeling inside his chest grew larger. Kyungsoo wished he was invisible.


 

"After you." Jongdae said finally when they stopped in front of the biggest hut, it’s roof made out of thick layers of straw. Noises of chattering and booming laughter came from inside and he suddenly felt like throwing up.


 

After a minute passed and Kyungsoo still made no effort to push the wooden door open, Jongdae sighed and walked in first, Kyungsoo sleeve and pulling him along.


 

The chatter died out as soon as they entered and all people present turned their heads to them. There was at least thirty men sitting around a long table, dressed in leather pants and most of them forgo the top part of their attire. The young carrier noticed that some of them had long braided hair that fell to their waist. Other had their arms adorned with dozens of bracelets and tattoos inked over their broad chests. All of them were scanning Kyungsoo from head to toe.


 

“That’s him?” Kyungsoo asking shakily, his eyes pinned on the man sitting in the very center.


 

“Yes.” Kyungsoo’s heart dropped at the answer. Jongdae had said he was older… not old… definitely not this old. The man sat with his shoulders slouched, his long gray hair almost touching the wooden floor. His face was wrinkled and eyes hidden behind bushy eyebrows. He seemed to be the only one not looking at him.


 

Eyes welling up with tears, he gulped down and made a hesitant step forward. He tried hard not to cry but with each step he took his heart was heavier and heavier. How is he supposed to please this man? How is this man even able to lead the tribes at such a old age? Did his father new about this? That he was was being sent to a man who was basically on his death bed?


 

Kyungsoo choked on his tears as he finally stopped in front of him. He glanced at Jongdae who silently followed him and when the later nodded at him, Kyungsoo slid to his knees right at the man’s feet and bowed deeply till his forehead touched the floor.


 

His whole body was trembling from head to toe during the deadly silence that followed and his heart almost jumped out of his chest when the whole room broke into a deafening laughter.


 

The carrier looked up, his eyes opened wide and full of pure confusion as he watched the men doubling over and smashing their fists against the table. Some of them were frowning and shaking their heads while pointing at him with stubby fingers.


 

Someone gripped his forearm and in the next moment he was being pulled to his left. “That’s the shaman, Kyungsoo. He’s Jongin’s grandfather.” Jongdae said tersely, as if he was the one offended by Kyungsoo’s mistake.


 

He mumbled a quiet apology before looking up at the man sitting right in front of him.



 

He, Jongin, was much younger than Kyungsoo had expected, with broad shoulders and fiercely cut features. Kyungsoo felt his cheeks heating up upon noticing his attire, or lack thereof. He wore a simple leather trousers that were reaching mid-calves with something that reminded Kyungsoo of furry blanket thrown over his shoulders. His chest was bare, exposing his strong built and carved stomach.


 

He was measuring Kyungsoo with an impenetrable gaze, slowly taking in his appearance that resembled the one of a lion ready to pounce on its prey. Kyungsoo gulped, fidgeting under the intense stare.


 

There wasn’t a trace of smile on his face as he stood up and motioned to Kyungsoo to do the same. The carried followed, looking slightly wobbly on his feet. He wiped the tears with the back of his hand and casted his eyes down. It was almost unbearable to look the man in the eyes.


 

Did his small mistake offend him? Will he sent him back home?


 

As much as Kyungsoo would love to go back he knew that his father wouldn’t look kindly upon that. It was now his job to ensure the peace between the tribe leader and their town. No one knew what Jongin might be capable of doing if Kyungsoo didn’t please him.


 

He was teared out of his thoughts as the man in front of him grabbed one of his arms and lifted it high, bringing his free hand to feel around Kyungsoo’s biceps before frowning. He turned him around as he grabbed his shoulders rather forcefully and Kyungsoo gritted his teeth. How dare he touch him without his permission?


 

Jongin’s large hands moved over his back muttering incoherent words under his breath. It was when his slid down his back that Kyungsoo swiftly his heels pushing his hands away.


 

He watched as Jongin lifted his brows ever so slightly before snorting and dismissing him with a flick of his wrist.


 

Kyungsoo looked to Jongdae, asking for an explanation but the man looked just as surprised as he did. He walked over to Jongin and started speaking in what Kyungsoo guessed was their native language.


 

He felt like he stood there for an eternity, eyes of everyone present still on him, when Jongdae turned to him with a sigh.


 

“He says he doesn’t want you.”


 

“He w-what?” Kyungsoo shook his head, bewildered. His eyes landed back on Jongin but the man wasn’t even looking at him, he was deeply engaged in a conversation with a man on the shaman’s right.


 

“He says you’re weak. Their newborns have more muscles on their body. You would be a nuisance to him and his tribe.” Jongdae said in a collected voice.



 

Flabbergasted, and temporarily ridden bereft of any sense of security, Kyungsoo moved forwards hastily before speaking up in a voice louder than he expected.


 

“I am not a thing. You can’t-” He was cut off before he could even finish his sentence as the man who previously talking with Jongin stood up so fast that Kyungsoo didn’t have time to back up and slapped him straight across his cheek.


 

His cheek was stinging painfully and his eyes unwillingly welled up with unshed tears. He palmed the side of his face and looked down in shame, expecting to be laughed at once again but to his surprise what followed was a heavy silence. He looked up, his lower lip wobbling.


 

Jongin, was holding the man who hit Kyungsoo by the neck, his knuckles turning white. The two men stared at each other and Jongin’s fingers tightened around the shorter man’s throat ever so slightly before he let go, retracting his hand as if he was burned. The man quickly bowed to him and sat down, keeping his head low. Jongin stared at him with a look full of pure disdain before shifting his eyes back to Kyungsoo.


 

"It is uncommon for outsiders to address Jongin directly, not unless he allows you to speak first. It is a sign of utmost insult." Jongdae quickly whispered into his ear. "I have told you that on our way here." He added scoldingly and Kyungsoo wished for the earth to swallow him whole.


 

Jongin stepped closer to him and at instant Kyungsoo backed away, partially afraid that he’s going to be hit again.


 

He grabbed him by the hem of his robes and forced Kyungsoo to look at him, studying his face with a curious eyes that a for a moment longer lingered on his reddening cheek.


 

Kyungsoo didn’t look away this time. He was embarrassed and humiliated enough for the day. He will not back away.


 

They stared at each other for a painfully long minute before Jongin’s lips curled into a smirk. He let go off Kyungsoo and spoke again, his velvety voice surprising Kyungsoo.


 

"What did he say now?" Kyungsoo questioned worriedly. Ready to be told that he had just received a death sentence.


 

Jongdae gave him a small smile as he grasped his shoulder. "That you have a spirit…. and that you should change your clothes. He hates hanboks."

 
 
 
 
 
 

UPDATEEEE!!! and a long chapter!

 

Okay... I know I always take a long time to update this but please bear with me... I am an extremely lazy person xD

 

Anyway, I was wondering if I should include the story of Kaisoo through flashbacks since they are important for the development of the story but if you don’t like it and you wish this to be strictly Chanbaek centered I’ll try to keep their storyline at minimum so let me know down in the comments ^_^

 

Hope you have a great day! Love Ya^^