Not a typical date

Babysitting Date

A/N: Hi guys, this is a oneshot with Joyri as the older couple tasked with babysitting kid Seulgi and Joohyun. Should be fun, hopefully. Enjoy

 

For young, 20-year-old couple Park Sooyoung and her girlfriend Kim Yerin. They were finding that these days date nights, or even having dates at all could be difficult. With both school and their part-time jobs taking up much of their time. That’s why Sooyoung called Yeri and said today they would be spending the day together no matter what. It was the plan of course. That is until her neighbors the Kangs, asked her if she could babysit their daughter Seulgi for the day. Sooyoung originally wanted to say no. Because she had plans. But it’s Seulgi. Her adorable 7 year old neighbor who looks like a mini teddy. Also she is just the sweetest kid. That’s why she agreed and has the little girl with her now.

 

“Hi, Sooyoung-unnie!” She cheerfully ran to hug her.

 

“Hi, Seulgi-yah. How’s it going, kiddo?”

 

“Good. Thank you for watching me.”

 

“Aww,” the taller redhead swoons internally. She is too cute. But it’s also why she must cancel plans with Yeri. She dials Yeri only to find out her girlfriend is in pretty much the same situation.

 

“Wait, Yerimie. You’re babysitting too?”

 

“Yes, you know Joohyun? My neighbor? Her parents needed to do something out of town, so I’m watching her.”

 

“Hm, well I’m watching Seulgi today. Babe, why don’t you and Joohyun come over here. We can make the day of it, and still see each other.”

 

“Sure, Soo. Give me about 20 minutes. See you.”

 

“Bye, babe.”


 

As Sooyoung waits for her girlfriend to come. Yeri explains to Joohyun what’s going to happen. The little dark-haired girl in the purple dress stares at the blonde with such a curious gaze.

 

“But why do we need to go, unnie?” Joohyun asks.

 

“Well you know my girlfriend, Sooyoung?”

 

“The mean giant!” The seven year old says with wide eyes.

 

Yeri has to hold in her laughter. She supposes Sooyoung would like very tall to a small kid. Yeri just hugs the girl.

 

“She’s not mean. Don’t worry you’ll have someone to play with. You know Seulgi right?”

 

“S-Seulgi…” She stutters some and looks a bit nervous.

 

“Yes, cutie just like you are. Kind of looks like a teddy bear.”

 

“Yes,” Joohyun nods. She knows Seulgi. Their parents are friends and work together sometimes. Yeri just gets her bag and coat ready before leading her outside to the car. Joohyun hasn’t had the chance to play with Seulgi in awhile. She doesn’t know how this will go. Meanwhile, Sooyoung explained to Seulgi about Yeri and Joohyun coming.

 

“Seulgi-yah,” The redhead sits down to where the girl is coloring.

 

“Yes, unnie?”

 

“You remember my girlfriend, Yeri.”

 

“Squirtle!” She nods joyously. She refers to people sometimes how they look or remind her of something. Sooyoung laughs and pats her head. That’s her squirtle alright.

 

“Yes, my squirtle. Anyway, she’s coming over soon. But you’ll have someone to play with. You know Joohyun right?”

 

The smile from Seulgi’s face falls completely. It shocks the older girl because Seulgi is usually so cheerful.

 

“No.” She shakes her head cutely.

 

“What do you mean no? You two are friends right?”

 

“She’s mean, Sooyoung-unnie. Hyunnie scares me.”

 

“Aw, Hyunnie, eh.” She nudges the small girl. “Don’t worry, Seulgi-yah. Unnie will protect you.”

 

Seulgi nods, although she isn’t sure. That’s why when she hears the doorbell ring she runs away before Sooyoung can even see where she’s run off too. The redhead goes to get the door and hugs her shorter girlfriend.

 

“Hi, baby!”

 

“Hey, Soo. Keep it g rated okay. Joohyun-ah’s with me.” She gestures to the kid who doesn’t look all that happy to be here.

 

“Oh, sure. Hi, Joohyun. How are you?”

 

“I’m fine, Sooyoung-unnie.” She avoids her eyes after that. Sooyoung knows deep down she’s just a really shy kid. That shyness might make Seulgi think she doesn’t want to be around her.

 

“Well, come in. Seulgi is…” She turns to where she last saw the girl. “She was just here.”

 

“Soo, you didn’t lose her, right?” Yeri facepalms.

 

“What! Of course not. I have babysitted before. I don’t lose kids. Seulgi-yah, where’d you go. Joohyun is here. I’m sure she’ll color with you.”

 

Yeri notices how Joohyun is just standing there looking even more nervous. She picks her up. She has younger sisters so she knows how to usually cheer a kid up.

 

“Hyun-ah, what’s wrong?”

 

“Seulgi doesn’t like me.”

 

“What do you mean? Why wouldn’t she like you? You’re a great kid.”

 

“Thank you, unnie. But she doesn’t like me.”

 

“Don’t worry. We’ll find out what's going on. Can you sit right here. I’ll go help Sooyoung find her, okay?”

 

Joohyun nods and sits on the couch. She reaches into her purple bag for her stuffed bear plushie. It usually calms her down when she’s upset or worried. She doesn’t think today will be very fun at all. Sooyoung does find Seulgi. She’s found herself in her room behind the dresser.

 

“Seulgi, come on. Don’t be scared. I said I’ll protect you, right?”

 

“Yes,” Seulgi nods. “Um, okay. But if she beats me up…”

 

“Beat you up?” Sooyoung repeats. “Oh, no. No ones beating my Seulgi-yah up in my house.” She picks the little kid up. “Let’s go. It’ll be fine. You’ll see.”

 

The couple watch the two kids for awhile. It doesn’t seem like there’s anything out of the ordinary. In fact they’re not even interacting at all. Joohyun is watching television, and Seulgi is on the floor drawing something. Yeri decides to talk to her girlfriend.

 

“Soo, what do you think? Joohyun said Seulgi doesn’t like her.”

 

“I find that hard to believe. My Seulgi is the sweetest kid. She says Joohyun is mean to her.”

 

Yeri looks scandalized. “Excuse me! My Joohyun is the sweetest kid!”

 

“Seulgi is!”

 

“Joohyun!”

 

“Seulgi!”

 

“Joohyun!”

 

They go back and forth for awhile. Joohyun sighs as she doesn’t understand older people. They are so weird. She thinks she should try to talk to Seulgi. The monolid girl hasn’t said anything to her other than hi. She is really nervous she’ll say something wrong. But she gets up and walks over anyway.

 

“Seul,” she quietly calls out.

 

The girl pauses from her drawing and turns to look at her. “Uh, yes, Hyunnie?”

 

Joohyun can feel her face getting warm as Seulgi calls her that nickname. She then pulls herself together.

 

“Can I…”

 

“Can you…”

 

“Can I…”

 

The couple have stopped arguing so they can observe. They need to figure out what’s the true nature of the situation. Seulgi is just looking at Joohyun with confusion. She has no idea what the girl needs to say.

 

“Nothing, never mind.”

 

“Huh?” Sooyoung and Yeri both blink. Something is up for sure. As time passes they both take notice to things. Joohyun is actually messing with Seulgi in ways. She pokes at her cheeks, she hides her crayons, and takes her juice. It’s familiar to a bully bothering their crush. At least so it seems. Yeri doesn’t want to call it yet. Not without more proof. Sooyoung notices how Seulgi won’t really respond to these small acts. She noticed when Joohyun was trying to get her attention so they could play a game on her tablet. That Seulgi didn’t look up from her own.

 

It’s classic I want your attention in some way, so if I must be mean to get it. Then I will. It makes sense now why Seulgi thinks she’s mean. She’s not being mean on purpose. Joohyun must have some crush on the bear-like girl.

 

“Yerimie, I think she likes Seulgi.”

 

“I think so too. I was mean to you when we were kids.”

 

“Yeah,” the redhead nods. “Well I was mean right back!”

 

“Soo! This isn’t the time. We need to do something.”

 

Yeri is right. Because as Seulgi is walking out of the kitchen. Joohyun pushes her to where she falls.

 

“Hey!” Seulgi complains. “Stop it!”

 

“I…”

 

“Leave me alone, Joohyun.”

 

“Hey, what’s going on?” Sooyoung walks over. Seulgi hurries to her.

 

“Make her leave me alone, unnie. I’m not even doing anything to her.”

 

“Joohyun please say sorry to Seulgi.” Yeri asks her.

 

“Okay unnie. Sorry, Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi nods but doesn’t say anything. The couple decide that they should take the kids out. Maybe going to the park can help ease some of the tension. They notice how Joohyun keeps glancing at Seulgi sometimes. Sooyoung has Seulgi basically glued to her which the redhead gets. Seulgi just sees a bully right now. When it’s actually a bit more complicated.

 

At the park, Yeri sees how Joohyun tries to hold Seulgi’s hand.

 

“Aww, look Soo. She’s trying. She’s trying to make things better.”

 

“Seul…” Joohyun calls her.

 

“Oh, Wannie!” She notices her friend. “Sooyoung-unnie can I go play with Seungwan?”

 

“Huh, oh sure. But remember we’re right here, okay.”

 

“Okay, thank you unnie.” She runs off right away. Joohyun sighs sadly. Yeri hits Sooyoung in the arm.

 

“Ow, why are you hitting me?”

 

“Did you see that! Seulgi just ran off to go spend time with another girl. You probably taught her that!”

 

“What? You’re the one that spends all your time with Saeron.”

 

“She’s my best friend!”

 

“Ugh, this is stupid. We’re supposed to be helping the kids.”

 

“Oh, yea, true.”

 

Joohyun keeps looking over to where Seulgi is playing with her friend Seungwan. The way the bear-like girl seems to light up with her. It’s in ways she doesn’t when they see each other.

 

“You have to be nicer, Hyun.” She tells herself. Seulgi probably likes nice girls who won’t beat her up. She soon notices her own friend Jennie and ask Yeri if she can go play with her.

 

“Unnie, can I go play with Jennie!”

 

“Sure, Sooyoung and I will stay here, okay.”

 

“Thank you.”


 

The couple think this is finally the time where they can get to be alone, somewhat. The kids are off playing with their friends. It’s not exactly the best date ever. But at least they’re spending time together.

 

“Okay, so we know Joohyun likes Seulgi.” Sooyoung starts.

 

“We just don’t know if Seulgi likes her back.” Yeri says.

 

“They’re not playing together now. But we should still observe them.”

 

They do observe. Joohyun does seem happy to play with her friend. They just notice how occasionally she’ll still look over to see what Seulgi is doing. When she sees Seulgi pushing her friend on the swing, or adorably trying to. She does look somewhat sad. That’s why she focuses on trying to have fun with Jennie. Later it is Seungwan that points out Joohyun is being bullied.

 

“Seul, Someone is picking on your girlfriend.”

 

“What?” Seulgi says, not hearing the girlfriend part. She just sees some boy bothering Joohyun mostly. She walks over.

 

“Hey! Leave her alone.”

 

Joohyun looks immediately to see Seulgi coming over. She hadn’t expected for Seulgi to come here, and she didn’t think she would stand in front of her either. Sooyoung as well is visibly freaking out.

 

“That’s my daughter! Go Seulgi stand up for your girlfriend.”

 

“Your daughter?” Yeri deadpans.

 

“Sorry, caught in the moment.”

 

Joohyun is just looking at the bear-like girl of front of her. As mean as she’s been to Seulgi, and still she’s over here trying to protect her.

 

“Seulgi, be careful. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

“I’ll be fine.” Seulgi promises and touches her arm. Joohyun’s face goes red this time. Maybe, Seulgi does like her some. She standing up to a mean boy for her.

 

“Don’t pick on her.”

 

“Oh, and what are you going to do about it?”

 

Sooyoung and Yeri come over then. Sooyoung hugs Seulgi to her.

 

“Do we have a problem, kid?”

 

“Uh…” the boy stares.

 

“Yes, because we promise there will be a problem if you keep messing with our kids.” Yeri stares down at the boy like she’ll kill him.

 

“Oh, uh no, sorry…” he runs off and the couple crack up in laughter. They then make sure the two kids are actually okay.

 

“I’m fine, unnie.” Joohyun tells Yeri after a hug. “Seulgi helped me.”

 

“That’s my girl, Seulgi-yah. I’m proud of you.” Sooyoung smiles and hugs her. “How about we go get you guys some food, sound good?”

 

“Yes!” The two kids agree and say goodbye to their friends. On the way to get pizza. They notice how Joohyun is shyly trying to reach for her arm again. Yeri nudges her.

 

“Come on, Hyun. Be brave you can do it!”

 

“Hey, Seul.” Sooyoung also nudges her. “Hold her hand.”

 

“What?” Seulgi blinks.

 

“I said hold her hand!”

 

“Oh, uh, okay.” Seulgi has no idea why Sooyoung-unnie wants her to hold Joohyun’s hand. Maybe it’s like in school where you need to hold you buddy’s hand for safety. She reaches for Joohyun’s hand at the same time the other girl is trying to hold hers too. The older couple swoon at the sight of the two kids now holding hands.

 

“Yes! Progress!” Sooyoung hugs her girlfriend.

 

“We’ll be going on double dates with them soon enough, Soo.” Yeri is kidding. Sooyoung looks intrigued and says they all need to wear matching outfits wherever they go. While eating pizza. Joohyun is being so nice to Seulgi that it scares the monolid girl. She offers her half of her slice. She even wipes her face too, and Sooyoung sees her panicked bear.

 

“Aw, poor baby. Her first gay panic.”

 

“Uh, Hyunnie?”

 

“Yes, Seulgi-yah?”

 

“Seulgi-yah?" The couple mouth together. It looks like someone is still happy about Seulgi coming to their rescue.

 

“Are you okay? You’re being nice.”

 

“Ouch.” Sooyoung flinches. Yeri sighs and facepalms, so much for progress. Joohyun doesn’t look upset though. If anything she just sends the bear-like girl a smile. Seulgi is scared even more. She tugs on Sooyoung’s sleeve.

 

“Unnie, can you come with me!”

 

“What’s wrong? Do you have to go to the bathroom or something?” Sooyoung takes notice of her urgent and panicked expression.

 

Seulgi shakes her head and just tries to drag the redhead along. She needs help from an older person. Her Sooyoung-unnie will know what to do. Seulgi makes sure they’re not within earshot.

 

“Unnie, what’s wrong with Hyunnie. Is she sick!”

 

Sooyoung has to keep her face calm, although she is internally laughing. “No, just love sick!”

 

“Love sick? Is it bad? Will I catch it too? Unnie, I don’t know what to do?”

 

“Aw, sweetie. Calm down. It’s going to be fine. Just ask her to be your girlfriend. Then you’ll be like me and Yerimie one day?”

 

“G-Girlfriend?”

 

Meanwhile, Yeri has to see what it she can do. “Joohyun, so do you like our Seulgi-yah?”

 

Joohyun looks down shyly. Now this is the shy, adorable kid that she knows so well. “I like her, unnie.”

 

“Aww, how cute! Hyun, we’re going to get you a girlfriend today!”

 

“Girlfriend?” Joohyun’s cheeks go so red. Yeri has to right away hug her. She’ll get her a girlfriend yet. When Sooyoung and Seulgi return. The monolid girl seems to be holding onto the redhead for dear life.

 

“Seulgi-yah, you need to man up! Having a girlfriend now will set you up for the rest of your life.”

 

“But, unnie…”

 

“I didn’t raise any coward! You will ask Joohyun to be your girlfriend and you’ll ask her right!”

 

“Unnie. You’re not my mom!” She sobs then as she feels overwhelmed. Joohyun doesn’t like that one bit at all. She gets out of her seat and stomps on Sooyoung’s toe.

 

“Hey! You little brat!”

 

“You mean giant. Don’t make Seulgi cry. Are you okay, Seulgi-yah?” She wipes the tears away from the monolid girl. Sooyoung is seconds away from hitting Joohyun when Yeri distracts her with a kiss. That seems to do the trick. The kids notice and start laughing.

 

“Ew, gross!”

 

“Gross, well you’ll be kissing too. Just you wait to you get older!”

 

“I’ll never be as old as you!” Joohyun teases Sooyoung.

 

“Oh, that’s it. You’re not good enough for my Seulgi-yah. Come, sweetie. I’ll fix you up with Seungwan. She’s a nice girl.” The redhead teases back, and pretends to pull Seulgi with her.

 

“No, I don’t want Seulgi to have someone else.” She hugs the bear-like girl.

 

“Hyunnie?”

 

“Here, I have something for you.” The girl goes into her bag and pulls out a can of original Pringles. Seulgi’s eyes light up when she sees her most favorite snack.

 

“For me?”

 

“Yes,” Joohyun laughs. “I know you like them. Sorry for being so mean to you, Seulgi.”

 

The monolid girl nods, and thanks her for the Pringles. After pizza they go back to Sooyoung’s place. Again Joohyun reaches for her arm, and Seulgi doesn’t protest at all. Sooyoung needs at least a few minutes alone with Yeri. She picks both kids up and takes them to the guest room.

 

“Nap time!”

 

“But we’re not tired!” Joohyun complains.

 

“Oh, yes you are. You’re both so tired, and need to get some sleep! Otherwise you’ll be as old as me before you know it!”

 

“Ah!” They both scream, and hide under the covers. Sooyoung laughs.

 

“Night kids.”

 

“Wait, unnie.”

 

“What’s wrong, Seulgi?”

 

“I can’t sleep without a story.”

 

“Me too,” Joohyun agrees.

 

“What!” She is seconds away from pulling her hair. Yeri comes then and agrees to tell the kids a story. That’s how the couple get roped into telling the kids a story.

 

“Now, kids Princess Yeri was a beautiful, fun, kind, girl who lived in a pink house.” Yeri begins.

 

“Why can’t it be a purple house?” Joohyun asks from her purple blanket.

 

“Because it’s pink!”

 

“Yeah, why can’t it be a purple house, Princess.” Sooyoung teases. Yeri rolls her eyes.

 

“Fine, it’s a purple house. She was best friends with Ariana Grande!”

 

“Why can’t she be friends with Beyoncé?” Seulgi wonders from her orange blanket.

 

“Because she’s friends with Ariana!” Yeri sighs.

 

“Yea, why can’t she be friends with Beyoncé!” Sooyoung is unhelpful again.

 

Yeri is seconds away from smacking the redhead with her bag. Then she takes a breath.

 

“Okay, kids. Let me tell you about an idiot named Sooyoung.”

 

“Huh?” The redhead stops laughing. When did this become about her?

 

“Yes! I want to hear this one.” Joohyun nods.

 

“This kid!”

 

“Yes. Sooyoung was a big, giant ugly idiot. Who lived in the forest.”

 

“Oh, no she doesn’t. She lives in a huge mansion on her private island!”

 

“Forest!”

 

“Island!”

 

“Forest!”

 

The two kids laugh at the older two girls as they bicker. No story gets completely told. Seulgi and Joohyun both fall asleep soon, and the couple go downstairs to finally be alone.

 

“Finally, the kids are asleep!” Sooyoung sighs as she falls into the couch. Yeri laughs and sits beside her.

 

“That sounds like we’re married and just got our kids sleeping.”

 

“No way, Yeri. Our kids will be way better than that. Well if they’re like Seulgi then it’s okay.”

 

“What’s so wrong with my Joohyun, hm?”

 

“Your Joohyun is brat!”

 

“No she’s not!”

 

“Yes, she is!”

 

The couple take one look at each other and laugh at how silly they’re being. Yeri leans into her taller girlfriend, who wraps her arms around her. They lay like this for awhile. Sooyoung kisses the top of her head.

 

“Hey, this was the weirdest date ever. But I’m glad we spent time together.”

 

“Me too, babe. Hanging out with the kids isn’t so bad.”

 

“No, they’re both pretty good kids.”


 

Unknowing to the older girls. Seulgi and Joohyun are watching from the top of the stairs. They weren’t as asleep as they let the couple believe.

 

“Unnies, are cute right, Hyunnie?”

 

“Yea, unnies are cute. But when we’re older and married we’ll be cuter than them!”

 

“Yea, wait, what!”

 

“Too late, Seulgi-yah. You already said yes. You’re going to marry me.” She leaves a kiss onto the stunned bear-like girl’s face. Seulgi is stunned for a long time.

 

“Hey! You're just my girlfriend, not my wife!”

 

“What?” Joohyun blinks.

 

“What?” Seulgi repeats.

 

“You said I’m your girlfriend!” She runs back to hug the monolid girl. “I’m your girlfriend!”

 

“Uh,” Seulgi simply hugs her back. “Yeah, I guess so.”

 

“Hey, you kids should be sleeping!” The redhead tells them from the bottom of the stairs.

 

“Sooyoung-unnie, Seulgi said I’m her girlfriend!” Joohyun says excitedly.

 

“Oh, well congratulations kids. I want to see you get married one day.”

 

“You’ll be too old, unnie.”

 

Yeri can be heard loudly cracking up from her spot on the couch. Sooyoung sighs.

 

“Seulgi, break up with this girl! I will find you even better girlfriends!”

 

“Um…”

 

“No, she has me. She doesn’t need any other girlfriend.”

 

“Come on, Soo. Leave them alone. Stop trying to break the kids up.” Yeri tells her.

 

“You know what…”

 

“Kids, try to get a nap for real before your parents come, okay?” Yeri nicely tells them.

 

“Okay, unnie!” The two agree and go back into the room for that much needed nap. Sooyoung is thinking of all the nice girls she can set Seulgi up with in the future. Yeri simply pulls her into a kiss to which the redhead responds eagerly too.

 

“What’s that for?”

 

“Nothing. I love you, silly.”

 

“I love you too.” Sooyoung nods, and wraps her arms around her. It might have not been the most typical date. Still, she’s with her girlfriend and that’s what matters most. That they were able to spend some much needed time together.

 

“The kids are okay. I wouldn’t mind hanging out us 4 again.”

 

“Yea, me too, Soo. I wouldn’t mind another babysitting date with you and the kids again.”


 

A/N: This was pretty fun actually writing Joyri as the older couple, and seulrene as kids. Hope this was fun for you guys.