I’m always here for you

I’m always here for you

“Good Morning” Nayeon greeted with a baby voice as she entered her classroom.

 

Most of her classmates looked at her softly while smiling, she had that effect on people. She can make people fall in love with her because of her insane cuteness.

 

“Stop that, you are ruining my morning” 

 

All except one.

 

“Just admit that you like it” 

 

“Trust me, I don’t.” Jeongyeon smirked, she was used to Nayeon acting cute every time and it really does not bother her much but she loves to irritate the girl.

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes, “You’re a meanie!”

 

“Stop that Jeongyeon” Momo then turned to Nayeon, “You look really cute”

 

Momo is like Nayeon’s number one fan, she always praise her which is why Nayeon loves the girl so much.

 

Nayeon clinged on Momo’s arm, “You’re the best!”

 

“Go out if you’re going to kiss and make out” 

 

Instead of glaring at Jeongyeon, Nayeon knew what to say to make the girl stop teasing her.

 

“Why? Are you jealous?” 

 

Jeongyeon laughed loudly and pointed at herself, “Me? Jealous?” then laughed again.

 

Nayeon let go of Momo’s arm and went to Jeongyeon and faced her as she leans in, their faces very close to each other.

 

“Want me to kiss you?” 

 

Jeongyeon’s heart is beating fast, she was not used to people being so close to her. As a matter of fact she despise being close to people, she does not like skin to skin interaction.

 

Jeongyeon pushed Nayeon lightly, “As if. Please do not do that ever again. It makes me want to barf”

 

“Oooooh” Their classmates shouted.

 

This was not the first time Jeongyeon rejected Nayeon so it really did not hurt much for her. 

 

“You’re going to want me someday Yoo Jeongyeon”

 

“Let’s see Im Nayeon”

 

That is a daily occurrence between the two of them, from teasing to Nayeon flirting to Jeongyeon rejecting. A day is not complete without it.

 

The next day, Nayeon did not went to school. She was absent for the whole day which is unusual because the girl is known for always being at school.

 

The room was gloomy when Nayeon is not there. She is like the source of happiness  for her classmates and even if Jeongyeon tried to deny it, she knows that she looks forward to seeing and teasing Nayeon everyday.

 

After that day, Nayeon went to school but every one noticed that she was not her usual self. She was quiet, she did not greet them as she entered, she did not participate to class. She just sat there and stared at the teacher, she seems like she was lost in her own thoughts so no one bothered to disturbed her.

 

“Hey, let’s eat” Momo offered.

 

“Maybe tomorrow. I don’t have any appetite right now”

 

Jeongyeon saw them and how Nayeon left after rejecting Momo’s offer. She found Nayeon’s attitude weird, it disturbed her. 

 

Instead of going to the canteen, Jeongyeon decided to follow Nayeon to wherever the girl is going. Following the girl led her to an unused room. 

 

As she went in, she saw Nayeon sitting on the floor, her head on her lap. Jeongyeon decided to sit next to her but did not speak. Nayeon felt a presence next to her and look at who it was.

 

“Here, let me stay, I won’t disturb you.” Jeongyeon offered her handkerchief.

 

Nayeon was surprised, Jeongyeon was the last person she thought would be by her side during this kind of moment.

 

“Why are you here?” Nayeon asked.

 

“I was worried” Jeongyeon said, her cheeks turning red. “You were gone yesterday and now you are not your usual self. I assume you have a problem or something happened and so I followed you. I won’t asked you about the details, I just want to make sure that you are okay”

 

Nayeon was speechless, she did not know Jeongyeon cared.

 

“T-thank you” Nayeon smiled.

 

“Can I put my head on your shoulder?” Nayeon was prepared for the girl to deny her request but was shocked when Jeongyeon agreed.

 

They stayed like that for a couple of minutes then Nayeon spoke.

 

“My mom and dad is getting a divorce”

 

Jeongyeon was surprised at the sudden revelation but did not interrupt.

 

“I knew this day would come because everyday they kept fighting. I hated going home because of that. I tried being as cheerful as I can so no one can suspect that something is wrong but still I was hoping things will get better. I was hoping they still love each other or even love me enough to stay married. I don’t know what to do but I know I’d be selfish to ask them to stay together. As much as it hurts me, I want them to be happy together. I just wih they treat each other with respect and even if they create anither family that they won’t ever forget about me”

 

Jeongyeon absorbed everything. It was also the first time she saw Nayeon act or speak maturely. 

 

“I know you’re sad and you feel hopeless. I can’t tell you that everything will be alright in time because honestly I don’t know but whatever happens I’ll be here for you.”

 

Nayeon blushed at what Jeongyeon just said and it made her feel better.

 

“So you’d be there for me huh?” 

 

Jeongyeon blushed and cleared , “I meant we’ll be here for you”

 

“Thank you. I never expect you to be like this for me but I am really grateful” 

 

“I only tease you because it is fun to see your reaction but I really care for you.”

 

Nayeon felt the sincerity and smiled. Jeongyeon made her feel better and feel that everything will be alright. 

 

Ringggg Ringggg

 

“Let’s go?” Jeongyeon stood up and offered her hand to Nayeon. 

 

Nayeon grabbed it and stood up. She was about to let go but Jeongyeon kept on holding her hand as they walk back to their class. Jeongyeon wanted to comfort the girl and this is the only thing she can think of. Oddly it felt nice.

 

Nayeon kissed Jeongyeon’s cheeks before entering the room, now back to her normal self. Jeongyeon shooked her head but smiled, she was happy that Nayeon is now okay.

 

Even if they act as cats and dogs sometimes, that moment showed Nayeon and Jeongyeon, that they’d be there for each other through ups and downs.