2/2

Flash Drive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't think he's coming back"

Junhoe has finally said the obvious. It is now 4 am and all six of the members were still up trying to call their maknae and search for any clue to wherever he is. Nothing seemed to work. He didn't answer their calls let alone replied to their texts.

"We have schedule in a couple of hours.. The manager will be here soon." Donghyuk stated his worries as if Hanbin didn't know already. The leader sighed and locked his phone. There was nothing left to do.

"It's late. You guys rest. I'll take care of everything" Hanbin stated. The rest didn't know what to do but Bobby gave a sign to everyone to go back to their separate rooms. Everyone but Jinhwan.

"Kim Hanbin I swear to god if something bad happens to him-“

"Dont you think im stressed enough, hyung?! I don't need your scolding right now. I was wrong. I know. Are you satisfied?" Hanbin cut the eldest off. Jinhwan was obviously not pleased with what the leader has done. It was shown by the fist he was making probably ready to punch the leader but he then he resisted and sighed as he got back to his room without bothering what just happened.

Hanbin screamed in frustration. But not loud enough for the neighbours to hear. He then called his managers in hopes that one of them were somehow awake.

After a few rings, Hanbin could hear his manager, Yunhyuk, finally picking up. "Yunhyuk hyung.." Hanbin called in relief but don’t know what to start the conversation with. "You're still awake? Are the rest awake too?" He replied not even clueless to why Hanbin was calling him.

"Just me, i told the rest to sleep.. why hyung?" Hanbin could hear Yunhyuk sigh as he thinks for a moment.

;’"Hanbin, you go to sleep too. I'll wake you and the rest in the afternoon." He finally told Hanbin.

"But what about our schedule?"

"Don't worry about that. Go to sleep, your schedules are postponed." Hanbin didn't even get to reply as the manager already hung up the phone. If Hanbin wasn't so tired he would've called him back but the reality is that he was really tired so he heads himself to his comfortable bed in his sweet sweet room.

 

***

 

“Hanbin-ah, wake up”

That was the sound that brought Hanbin back to reality. Hanbin immediately got into a sitting position as he rubbed his eyes that were demanding to be shut. “Hyung..” was all Hanbin managed to reply the manager with. Hanbin could hear the latter sighed afterwards. The sound Hanbin has been hearing a lot lately from everyone.

“Are you conscious yet? I need to tell you something important before telling your other members.” Yunhyuk said in a serious tone not showing any signs that he was joking. Hanbin nodded at the older as he tries not to fall back asleep.

“What is it?” Hanbin finally asked as he stretched himself so he could stay awake. He could see Yunhyuk, his manager, trying to reach his pocket searching for something. After he pulled out the said item, Hanbin dropped his jaw. It was anything but Hanbin could have ever guessed.

“Don’t tell me this is-“

“The flash drive to your album” Yunhyuk finished Hanbin’s sentence for him. Hanbin, who was now under extreme shock, was now frozen not knowing what to say or do. He never felt as guilty as he is towards someone before. The manager seeing the leader who was obviously let down, ended up sitting on the bed beside him.

“He left this at the internet café so I decided to keep it. I forgot to tell him beforehand..” Yunhyuk explained also feeling somewhat guilty for letting this happen. Hanbin didn’t respond. He stayed silent ever since the realization that he could’ve prevented everything from happening.

“Hyung, what else do you know? Did you talk to him?” Hanbin asked realizing that Yunhyuk couldn’t have known about all of this in a single night unless Chanwoo himself told him what happened. Yunhyuk nodded at the leader.

“This is the thing I have to tell you and the rest about. I wanted to tell you about the flash drive in private though in case telling the others would lead to something else..” He explained knowing exactly what would happen if he tells the fact that the flash drive was with their own manager the whole time. Hanbin nodded in awe. What the hell has he done?

“Help me wake the others up, won’t you? I’ll handle the ones upstairs” Yunhyuk then continued asking Hanbin for help, leaving the frustrated leader alone in his room. After a few minutes of containing himself, he managed to get up and tried to help the manager wake everyone up. One thing he knows for sure, he would wake Jinhwan up last.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After everyone was gathered in the dorm which was located downstairs, they all could feel an awkward tension filling the whole room. Or was it just Hanbin’s feeling of paranoia after knowing everything that happened? He doesn’t know. All he knows is that Yunhyuk was there to tell everyone something and he was pretty sure it wasn’t good news.

“I’m afraid to tell you guys Chanwoo won’t be coming back for a week.” He announced the members looking at the ground not wanting to see their reactions. “Wait, what about the schedule we’re having? Are we going to do them without him?” Jinhwan asked immediately. The manager smiled at Jinhwan.

“You shouldn’t worry about that. All of iKON’s schedule is postponed until he comes back.” The members were all shocked hearing the manager’s reply. “W-Wait, how is that possible? Does the CEO know about this?” This time Yunhyeong was the one who was shocked not getting what was going on. It took a while for the manager to reply but he finally decided to reply after thinking of the words to reply.

“Chanwoo… is very smart. If you guys didn’t know, every idol under YG entertainment has the rights to have a break whether on schedules or not if it is concerning their mental health..” Yunhyuk stopped as he saw Bobby was about to interrupt him.

“Don’t worry. I asked him on what happened and he told me everything about what happened at practice yesterday. He doesn’t have any severe mental issues, but he is ready to make a document on it if it is necessary for him to have his one-week break. That’s why I said he was smart.” Yunhyuk cut Bobby off as soon as he saw him about to attack him with questions.

“So in this upcoming one week, I suggest you guys to take some rest. Talk things out. Both with him and with each other. Don’t have anything against Chanwoo because if you saw him when he came to me..” Yunhyuk stopped to explain what he witnessed to a more delicate word,

“You guys would understand why im helping him” He continued smiling at the members in front of him. The members all shown either a shocked face or a frustrated one and Yunhyuk wouldn’t blame any one of them. It was a complicated matter after all.

“You’re… helping him?!” Jinhwan asked in shocked. “If I didn’t help him, he wouldn’t have a chance to have his one-week break” Yunhyuk replied.  The members then all went silent, not knowing what to ask or what to do regarding of all of the information they just received.

“Do you have any idea where he is, hyung?” Hanbin asked out of the blue, finally letting out his voice. “He is probably at home with his family. I don’t suggest you to go there though. His house is not the restricted area you could go to.” Yunhyuk suggested him.

“Then please tell me what I am supposed to do, hyung!” Hanbin shouted frustrated. Yunhyuk, the manager, sighed at the stressed-out leader and pat his back. He then took a step back and look at each of the members.

“What you all should do is reflect. Reflect on everything that just happened and wait patiently. That’s all my say in that.” The manager said calmly hopeful that it would make the members in front of him to do the same.

“And try not to do something bizarre unless you want to be supervised by the team 24/7.” Yunhyuk warned as he left the six members who were dumbfounded with no one had any single w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter