10 Years of a Familyship

SHINee 10th Year Anniversary

Jinki sits on the black leather couch beside Kibum who interlocks their fingers gently together as the conversation between Lee Sooman and a few of their close friends who also happen to be their labelmates continue. 

 

SHINee's leader stares out the window next to the couch to watch some clouds move across the baby blue sky while Kibum lets go of his hand to softly rub his brother's leg as a silent way to ask , are you okay? , only receiving a small smile in return along with a weak nod. 

 

He leans close to his bandmate's ear to whisper, "We'll go home soon baby. I promise." Making Jinki nod before resting his head on the other's comfortable yet firm shoulder. 

 

The drive back to the dorm is not awkward yet not the usual energetic vibes between SHINee. It's more of a comfortable mood, the kind where if one of the members were to casually snuggle up to another member they would be perfectly content. 

 

As the four men take off their shoes in the entryway to the living room, sounds of paws running on the wooden floor can be heard as they walk into the space. 

 

Jinki sinks down onto the cushioned couch as he tries to keep a soft closed mouth smile plastered on his face but fails to and settles for hiding his face within his hands. 

 

Minho and Taemin immediately sit on the floor to happily play with Garçons, Adam and Eve while sitting close to one another.

 

Kibum picks up Comme Des on his way to sit next to their leader who has been trying his best to remain calm for hours on this day. 

 

The younger places his sleepy son in his lap before turning to their emotional oldest brother with a comforting warm gaze.

 

He gently runs his fingers through the oldest's head for comfort and doesn't say a word until Jinki begins to sniffle softly within his hands. 

 

 The maknaes notice the leader's state immediately before Minho calls out sweetly to Kibum's kid napping on his dad's lap, "Comme Des! Come here baby!" 

 

Once it is just the two oldest sitting on the couch, Kibum moves closer as Jinki falls into his loving arms receiving a gentle back rub from the other who begins to tear up slightly as well. 

 

Kibum's voice cracks a little before asking "Jinki hyung?", he sniffles but continues, "It's okay. I miss him too honey." 

 

Jinki wraps his arms around the younger's lean slightly shaking body and softly scratches the middle of Kibum's shaking back. 

 

He calms down a little before speaking to all of s while still in the warm embrace of his younger brother, "I-I just w-wish he could be here celebrating our t-ten..." 

 

Jinki's voice falters to continue as Minho who's been holding back tears from falling while listening finally speaks up, "Hyung..." he closes his eyes and sighs shakily as Taemin keeps his focus on his own lap while gently patting and rubbing his back. 

 

"I know today is emotional, happy and sad all at the same time." The oldest maknae looks at the youngest's state while he wraps an arm below Taemin's arm to gently rub the small of Taemin's back. "But we are all here together.. as a family." 

 

Kibum's shoulders begin to shake hard as he quietly sobs into Jinki's neck who is rendered speechless at this point except for the occasional, "It's okay baby it's okay i'm here." coming from both of the oldest SHINee members. 

 

Jinki removes himself from the comforting embrace to gently wipe the tears falling from Kibum's almond puffy eyes onto his cheeks as they both sniffle louder this time. 

 

Minho sits down on the couch beside Kibum while Taemin sits next to Jinki leaving the two oldest members to still sit next to each other. 

 

"I miss calling him babe and watching him get all flustered and cute." Kibum chuckles quietly as Minho smiles sweetly and wraps his arms around the older who smiles into the hug  and reaches up his right arm to softly caress his co-rapper's arm to comfort him in return.

 

" I miss when Minho hyung would ruin those moments by teasing you both out of love." Everyone laughs through their tears at the maknae's words of the fond memories from the past ten years.

 

Jinki smiles at each of his younger brothers with so much deep love for each of them and says in a shaky but sweet voice, " I love you guys so much." Taemin wraps his arm around their leader's waist while gently rubbing his left side on top of his soft cotton shirt. 

 

They all look at their leader with such love as they continue to comfort one another with sweet soft touches and warm words. 

 

Later in the dorm at 9:00pm

 

After they all took their baths and showers, Kibum is found sitting up a bit in bed with two pillows supporting his back as Comme Des and Garçons are sound asleep at the foot of his bed. His contacts are off with his glasses on as he scrolls through Shawols instragram posts celebrating ten years with SHINee. 

 

Minho opens Kibum's door and walks over while sniffling and lies down on top of the sheets flat on his stomach accidentally shifting the two dogs from their spot making them jump down to sleep on the floor. 

 

Kibum's eyes shift down to the tall rapper's puffy eyes and pink nose as Minho closes his eyes due to the relaxing head scratch given by his fellow 91' liner brother as Kibum focuses on his iPhone again. 

 

 "Love? Do you think he's watching us from the sky?" Minho asks quietly as he wipes away some of his own tears. 

 

Kibum looks at him with a gentle gaze before facing his phone down on the nightstand carefully as he moves closer to his co-rapper who still has his round brown eyes shut showing the swolleness of the shared emotions from earlier with his brothers. 

 

"I do Min.."  Kibum removes his hand from Minho's soft brunette hair to wrap his left arm around the other's back, pulling him closer for a much needed cuddle. 

 

Minho does the same and begins to sob softly into his neck once he feels safe in his best friend's hug.

 

"He's always with us Minho." Kibum says gently while rubbing in an up and down motion on his back as he looks at a taped polaroid of Jonghyun with himself from 2008 during their "Replay" debut on the wall where his vanity is set. 

 

In Taemin's bedroom (which he used to share with Jonghyun)

 

Jinki's soft hands scratch all across Taemin's back as they lie on top of the sheets of their former member's bed. 

 

The maknae hasn't stopped crying since he layed down on his older brother's bed. 

 

 Group polaroids taken from Kibum's polaroid camera are all taped against the wall beside his bed as Taemin calms down due to the comforting touch. 

 

"Tae?"

"Yes Jinki?"

SHINee's leader removes his arms around from the younger to say, "let's go see what the others are up to. Okay?" 

Only getting a weak nod and small smile in response.

 

Back in Kibum's bedroom 

 

Jinki knocks quietly just in case the two could have fallen asleep but smiles lovingly once he sees them both smiling and crying softly now out of happiness and nostalgia while looking at Shawol fan edits and sweet posts on Instagram that have Kibum's instagram tagged in. 

 

"Hey.." Taemin says softly grabbing his two cuddly hyungs attention from Kibum's iPhone. 

 

"Aw our baby. Come here Taeminnie." Minho stretches his free arm that isn't rubbing the older's back underneath his  satin pajama top to their youngest brother who immediately hops under the covers along with them and lets the comforting warmth of Minho envelop him. 

 

Jinki shuts the bedroom door leaving just the four of them together in the cozy bedroom. 

 

Kibum sits up and mumbles softly to ask Minho for a back scratch which he happily does, Taemin cuddles up close and rests his head on Minho's lap where Jinki rubs his nape and shoulders gently as Kibum sticks close to Jinki and occasionally scratches the back of the oldest's head or neck to give him some love as well. 

 

"This is nice." Taemin breaks the comfortable quiteness while the others murmur softly in agreement. 

 

"We've really become a family since our trainee days haven't we?" Minho says while smiling warmly at his brothers. 

 

"Definitely Min." Kibum agrees while looking at Minho and softly kissing his cheek before looking at the others. 

 

"I'm so blessed to be in SHINee with you all." Jinki hiccups and tears up again "You are my family f-forever."

 

The other three idols all tear up again hearing their leader get so emotional. 

 

After a few seconds of a comfortable silence, the sounds of their tears come from within the bedroom. 

 Kibum looks at s and says, "I think we all need a warm group hug right now." 

 

Kibum stands up and reaches his arms out for his brothers to join while letting the tears run down his cheeks freely as a gentle smile forms on his pink bow shaped lips.

 

Minho stands up as he hesitates no further to tightly wrap an arm around Kibum's waist before softly kissing his brother's  sniffly pink nose then burying his face into his neck to sob softly. 

 

Jinki takes Taemin's shaking right hand and tugs them both off the bed and into Minkey's loving hold. 

 

Kibum rubs both of Onho's backs in a consistent motion as Taemin lets himself be surrounded by their warmth. 

 

Minho rubs the youngest's back underneath his pajama shirt as Jinki scratches Kibum's back gently.

 

After ten minutes they step back a bit while still keeping arms on each other's backs and looking into each other's red puffy eyes. 

 

A light in the shape of a small pearl aqua green circle comes in through the window right in the center of their loose group hug captures their attention.

 

They all smile knowingly at each other and once they resume the hug for a few more minutes the only sounds heard are sniffly phrases like "I love you" or "Happy 10 years" before heading to cuddle in bed in Kibum's bedroom filled with endless memories from the past and love that SHINee will continue to create in the future. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry if this is a long one buttttt I have missed writing so much ♡ I promise to continue writing SHINee fanfics forever. My eyes got a little bit teary at the end there but I hope you all read it and enjoyed this emotional one shot for SHINee's 10th year anniversary. I feel like they will cry at their fan meeting tbh.. anyway Ily all and see you soon with my other stories that i'm still writing hehe.