Playground

Opposites Attract

You were friends with Baekhyun since grade five. You met in the playground near your house. You had fallen down from the swing and you were crying uncontrollably. But no one came to help you. All the children played on the other side of the park just to avoid you. They thought you were weird and just way too silent. 

You didn’t expect anyone to come help you. You tried getting up by yourself but you were hurt too badly. You were bleeding so much. You looked to the other side of the park where you saw the others playing hoping for someone to come help you. But you knew it was a waste.. no one cared. 

But when you looked, you found a boy walking towards you. You were pretty sure he was just going to the exit. You clutched your knees tightly to your chest and cried even more loudly, shaking uncontrollably. What had you done wrong? Why did everyone hate you so much? Did they really not even care one bit?

You suddenly heard a soft and concerned voice “Try to get up, okay? Just be very careful.” You didn’t believe it. You didn’t even look up because you knew your mind was playing games with you. “Hello? Can you hear me?” It was the same voice. Wait, was someone really going to help you?  The silent weirdo that no one cared about? 

You looked up in disbelief to find a boy of your age with his arm stretched forward to help you. You still couldn’t believe it. You tried to analyse his expression to test whether he was just trying to prank you. But then he smiled warmly at you with a concerned look in his eyes and all your worries and doubts instantly went away. 

He actually cared. 

And he had actually come to help you. 

That’s the story of how you became friends with Byun Baekhyun. He was naughty, and rude when he needed to be. But he was also kind hearted and caring. He always helped people, no matter what he had to go through for it. And that’s what made you love him.