Too Late

Why Now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina lays down on her bed and stares at the ceiling filled with penguin stickers. She's always had this weird obsession over penguins which she never knew why, also almost every person she knows tells her that she looks like a penguin.

After a few minutes of absolutely nothing her phone vibrates which startled her.

She grabs her phone to see Nayeon calling her so she answers immdediately.

She misses her best friend, so seeing that she calls makes her really happy.

"Hello?" Mina says to the phone.

"Hi Mina! Thank goodness you answered" Nayeon tiredly says.

"Hey is there something wrong?" Mina gets concerned. "You sound really tired"

"No no it's just" Nayeon sighs. "I have something important to tell you"

"Huh?" Mina gets confused. "What's it about?"

"You'll know when you actually let me in your house"

What? 

Mina stands up from her bed and looks out her window to see Nayeon looking at her

The hell? Jeongyeon would always make Nayeon wear leather jackets, why is she suddenly wearing her favorite jacket that she unfortunately stoped wearing because Jeongyeon told her it was ugly?

Huh... something smells fishy, is this why Nayeon looks like a mess? Well I hope it's not what I think it is.

"So are you gonna continue talking to yourself there or are you gonna let me in?" Nayeon raises her eyebrows at Mina.

"Oh right" Mina rushes downstairs to her front door and opens it for Nayeon to get in.

Nayeon laughs, "No need to run penguin" she pats Mina's shoulder and walks in.

What?? The last time she called me penguin was before she started dating Jeongyeon, what the hell is going on here?

Nayeon has been to Mina's house dozens of times so she knows where everything is, she runs upstairs and goes straight to Mina's bedroom not even bothering to wait for her.

Mina just shrugs it off and closes her door and goes to her room.

As Mina opens her bedroom door she sees Nayeon walking around nervously.

"Uuuh Nayeon?" the nervous girl immediately sits down on the nearest chair.

She's acting really strange.

"Um hey are you ok? You're acting really weird right now" Mina grabs a chair and brings it with her to where Nayeon is.

"Y-yeah!" Nayeon forces a smile.

Mina has known Nayeon for almost her whole life so of course she knows that something is totally going on and she's not alright.

"Nayeon..." Mina holds her hand. "I know you and I know you aren't ok right now so please tell me what's going on, I'm your friend and I'm really worried about you so please??"

Nayeon looks up from the floor and looks at Mina, tears slowly starting to form in her eyes.

"I-I broke up with Jeongyeon" Nayeon starts sobbing.

"Oh my god" Mina goes in and hugs her best friend and Nayeon places her head on her shoulder. "Why?"

Nayeon doesn't answer for a few minutes until she finally starts to speak up.

"I found out that Jeongyeon cheated on me with someone else so I decided to end things with her"

"Oh my god..." Mina shockingly says. "With who?"

"Hirai Momo" Nayeon says weakly.

"Wow... I'm so sorry to hear that" Mina looks at Nayeon in the eyes.

"You don't have to be" Nayeon wipes off her tears. "Actually now that I'm back to being single now I have something to tell you"

What??

"What is it?"

"I love you"

Mina's eyes widen at the three words.

What the ?? Really??

"Wait what?" Mina gets confused.

"When me and Jeongyeon broke up I realized who I really love" Nayeon places her hand on Mina's cheek. "And that person is you"

Nayeon leans in and kisses Mina and after a few sec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter