Street Fight

The Princess's Bodyguard

Joohyun was now taking her royal bath and her mind can't still get over about the conversation she had with Joy.

 

"How did you know?"

 

 

"I..Well, I happened to meet her when I was youn-" She wasn't able to explain about Seul, her friend, who apparently the person she just crossed paths with today.
 


 

"No, I mean,how did you know she was a girl?" Joy asked.
 


 

Well, isn't she a girl? 


 

 

"It was nice meeting the both of you but it was much nicer knowing I'm a perfect candidate for your hanbok-giving event, but now that we're talking about Slug. I was reminded to catch her." Joy explained.
 

 

Joy patted both of their shoulders before making a run again on the other side of the alleyway.
 

 

"W-wait!" Before Joohyun could even chase her,  Seungwan stopped her already.
 

 

"Oh no, no, no. We're not running anymore and I can't let you run off alone either. We're far from the palace now, it's better to rest now, Joohyun."


 

Joohyun had no choice but to agree to her cousin.
 


 

Now that Joohyun had thought about it again. She wonders if where's Seul or Slug or whoever that person is.

 

-


 

Joohyun is currently doing calligraphy before going to sleep when her father knocked on her door.
 

 

"Hyun-ah."
 

 

Joohyun stood up to bow and greet to her father. "Why father?"
 

 

"Your mother and I had discussed things. The other officials weren't informed of this yet."
 

 

Joohyun just let her father continue with a nod.
 

 

"Remember I told you that you would be the crown princess at eighteen? Your mother and I decided that anytime this week, we're going to let the town know of you."
 

 

Joohyun almost cut her father. She thought it would be dangerous to do so but seeing the townspeople today made her think twice. Besides, she hasn't even explored the whole town yet, so there are still some things she doesn't know about. And as if her father can read her mind, he adds..


 

"You have all the time this week to look around the vicinity. We can talk more about it if you think it's not a good idea doing it, daughter. You can go with Seungwan or with one of the guards."
 

 

Joohyun just nodded before her father tells her to have a good sleep.



 

-
 


 

Joohyun was more than ecstatic when tomorrow came.



 

"Slow down, cousin. As far as I am informed, Uncle wants me to accompany you so you would know more about the town. Why does it feel like we're going treasure hunting again?" Seungwan teases.
 


 

"Oh shut up. It's not like I can do this before. That's why I'm excited."
 


 

"You drew her again, didn't you? With the sideview this time."

 

 

"Just be quiet, Seungwan."

 

 

Like yesterday, the town was busy with the same sight Joohyun had seen yesterday. Although this time, there were some things she didn't witness the first time she went here. Like the children playing tops outside. Maybe because it's morning today. Joohyun thought.

 


Seungwan became much more excited when a street-fight was happening again. Now with a bigger crowd.
 

 

"Come on, Joohyun. Look it's much more interesting now!" Seungwan exclaimed happily.
 

 

"It's early in the morning and brawling is the first thing you wanna see now." Joohyun groaned.
 

 

"Yeah! That's right!" Seungwan said before pulling Joohyun with her.
 

 

The crowd were getting wider and wider, Joohyun didn't know they would occupy this much space that it came to the point it's near the stalls already.


 

It seems like Seungwan was out of her side already. Looks like she came closer to get a better view. Joohyun thought. Well, she can't blame her, it looks like Seungwan really likes those kind of things so she let her be.
 

 

The huge men were now the people beside Joohyun and she can't help but feel afraid but she thought what more could she be feeling if she was in Seungwan's place who she thinks is probably kicking with the street fighters already.
 

 

Luckily, the huge men beside her didn't do any harm at all. Joohyun was informed about possible, horrible things that can happen as these were some topics she encountered while reading books before.
 

 

She was still squished beside them until one of the huge men pushed her due to the excitement of watching the fight, causing her to tumble backwards.

 

 

Joohyun didn't feel ladies screaming, wooden tables breaking, or even herself falling.
 


 

What she felt was another back who she assumes was where she had her whole weight on and something hard and rough hit the back of her head.

 


 

Joohyun immediately turned around and bowed her head to the person. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to-"
 



 

The person in front of her turned also and Joohyun was shocked when she lifted her head up to look at the person.



 

 

"It's alright."



 

Seul.


 

The voice repeatedly plays on Joohyun's mind. It wasn't too deep or was it too feminine, it was in the middle. After all of the nights of drawing her eyes, Joohyun could say that she is definitely Seul. Her nose was pointed but not that too much, it's perfect, and it was sudden and ill-mannered of her to think of pinching her nose to confirm its softness. Her lips were slightly parted, probably from the shock of having someone accidentally hitting her. And her eyes, which Joohyun could not take her own off, was slightly becoming wide.
 



 

"It's alright." Seul repeats.

 


 

Joohyun noticed Seul has a tie on her neck and her hair was tied up in a bun, as she didn't see strands of her hair flowing behind her back. Or was she bald?

 

 

Seul bowed once, a sign that she'll be on her way now. And that was when Joohyun noticed, that she wasn't wearing a hanbok like those worn by women. In fact, she was wearing a long overcoat and trousers. Joohyun was too stunned at the moment, that she didn't notice, that the tie on the girl's neck was a support for her bamboo hat which unfortunately was tilted due to the strong crash a while ago.


 

"W-wai-" Joohyun muttered but it looks like Seul didn't hear her because of the growing voice of the crowd.
 

 

She hadn't finished what she had to say either because Seungwan suddenly appeared beside her.

 

 

"Joohyun! My goodness! I thought I lost you already!" Seungwan exclaimed, her hand clutching her heart.

 

 

"Seungwan! I saw her! I saw Seul!" Joohyun immediately said.

 

 

"Where?!"

 

 

"Right now! She's that person!" Joohyun pointed at Seul who's still walking calmly. Surprisingly, they didn't lose sight of her.

 

 

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's go to her!" Seungwan excitedly said, pulling Joohyun. "Heavens, Joohyun, your hands are cold."
 

 

They saw Seul taking a right on her way and so they followed her. Running after her would be a bad first impression for Seul and they feared Seul would avoid them more. But after both Seungwan and Joohyun made a turn, Seul was nowhere to be seen.

 

 

"But why is she wearing men's clothes. You're sure that Seul, Joohyun?" Seungwan asked her.

 

 

Joohyun was curious also. Why is Seul wearing men's clothes?


 

 

Author's Note: I'm sorry this one's a bit shorter than the previous chapters and by shorter I mean, it doesn't contain much moments for Seulrene but aha! Atlas! They met... or did they? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) LOL just kidding. Anyway, this chapter was supposed to have much more interactions but it's either I'll update today with a short one or tomorrow or the next day with a long one. Aaaand I don't want leaving you guys in the air hehe though I keep on cliff-hanging y'all hehe

 

A HUGE thank you to all of you. I actually am always laughing while reading your comments and I will always try my very best to update everyday. Oh by the way, I almost forgot. One more reason why it's short, it's because I'm actually enjoying this young Seulrene. Y'all can tell me if you're enjoying it also despite the lack of interactions then maybe this fic can turn in a never-ending, everlasting, youthful Seulrene kind of fic hehe.

 

Last one, I forgot to mention in my previous chapters, but the quote from the first chapter is actually a quote from the Majestic King Sejong the Great of Joseon Era, I had to not include his name in purpose so it won't cause confusion because this era is waaaay earlier than Joseon Era.