chapter two

canvas
Please log in to read the full chapter

true to his thought, jongin indeed grew to hate his roommate. the kid seriously has issues, jongin thought as he stirs his mug of instant coffee while sitting at his study table. he eventually stands up and slams his table, “what the is his problem anyway?” the door creaks open and sehun replies, “i just hate people is all.” jongin flinches at the voice, blinking as he looks at the lanky male, he clears his throat, “i wasn't talking about you.”

sehun places a blank canvas at the side of his table, nodding his head, “sure,” he mutters, “that's what they all say,” as he looks around for a black bag, carrying the necessities of his painting tools. jongin takes a bite of his bread and inquires, “okay, if you hate people that much then why the are you in college?” sehun finally takes out his art supplies, sighing softly as he takes his seat by his table and turning to face jongin, “do you usually talk with your mouth full?”

the latter rubs his nape sheepishly, shaking his head. jongin has a habit of talking with his mouth full if he is agitated and well, he is agitated. he is agitated with sehun's behaviour to be exact. for the one whole week they have been roommates, not once has the latter uttered a word to him nor even bothered to share his schedules. maybe jongin is a little nosy but that's only for him to prepare if something happened and somebody came to their room. like, imagine being roommates for probably, a month and not knowing a single about your roommate? yikes.

sehun snaps his fingers, “did i offend you?” jongin blinks out of his daze, darting his tongue out to wet his lower lip, shaking his head as he answers, “no, i just spaced out for a bit,” he takes his mug and sips the coffee, placing it back on the table shortly after and inquires, “you didn't answer my question though. why are you in college if you hate people?” sehun exhales loudly, not out of annoyance but rather his unwillingness to share. he knows jongin means no harm and that he simply is trying to be friendly but sehun, being the exact opposite didn't like his friendliness.

he doesn't hate people but being used by his mother all through his life has made him believe that everyone will use him to their advantage and he preferred to draw the line before they could hence the principle of minding each other's business. he chides, “do i need to justify why i hate people? that's like saying the gays gotta tell why they're gay if not, they're not gay.” jongin quirks an eyebrow, “are you gay?” sehun palms himself, mentally crying as to why jongin is this slow in understanding simple language. jongin continues, “i won't judge if you're gay. i'm gay too. i got kicked out of home though,” jongin laughs, “but that's okay because my home is now a person.”

for the first time, sehun sees how vibrant and bright jongin's smile is and he wonders if that's possible for anyone, to radiate so much warmth and joy in one single expression. he only nods and turns his attention to the canvas, wonder what i should paint this time around...

jongin probes, “are you gay?” the fair male pinches his temple before looking at him, “yes, jongin, yes. i'm gay. there. can we go back to ignoring and minding each other's business?” jongin rolls his eyes before teasing, “you should get a boyfriend. maybe then you wouldn't be such a bitter .” sehun snorts, bitter , he thought, i'm not just bitter – i'm a ing mess.

♦ ♦ ♦

the weekend rolls in and sehun attends a class for pottery for fun, only to see jongin and an unknown figure next to him, which sehun assumes is the ‘home’. jongin sees him and walks towards his table, “hi, roommate!” sehun groans inwardly at the greeting but flashes a curt smile towards the sun-kissed boy before staring at his clay mixture, he wonders if he had gotten the ratio wrong. he probably did since it seemed to be a little watery compared to the instructor's. jongin introduces the second p

Please log in to read the full chapter