BONUS CHAPTER

Do I still Matter

4 years jump.

Baekhyun was working as a creative director for a new fashion brand. It’s his full-time job now, he was looking through stacks of new designs and set up for their new campaign advertisement shooting. 

“ Baekhyun hyung, do you need me to contact some artists to do a remix for the campaign song?”  Sehun, Baekhyun’s assistant asked.

“ Yes please.” 

It’s been a busy week, everyone was working their butts off since the deadline is coming up.

“ Actually, I got an email from this one artist offering to do an original remix for free.”

“ Really? That would be great, is there a demo?”

“ Yes, here, let me connect my phone with the speaker.” 


Rewrite the stars, By LOEY 

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
I know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied
You claim it's not in the cards
Fate is pulling you miles away
And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?
What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight
You think it's easy
You think I don't want to run to you
But there are mountains
And there are doors that we can't walk through
I know you're wondering why
Because we're able to be
Just you and me
Within these walls
But when we go outside
You're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all
No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine?
Everything keeps us apart
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you
It's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?
Say that the world can be ours
Tonight
All I want is to fly with you
All I want is to fall with you
So just give me all of you
It feels impossible (it's not impossible)
Is it impossible?
Say that it's possible
How do we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine?
Nothing can keep us apart
'Cause you are the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
And why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ours
You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
But I can't have you
We're bound to break and my hands are tied


That sound, that voice, everything matches. It’s the same voice that made Baekhyun heart jumps and melts at the same time during his college years, it still has the same impact on him. How could Baekhyun ever forgot him when Chanyeol is everywhere. He couldn’t even get himself a boyfriend after that one spring where he and Chanyeol talked for the last time. He and Jongin broke up later that week, Baekhyun knew he couldn’t lead Jongin on forever. 

“ Who’s the producer again?” Baekhyun asked, just to make sure his ears aren’t playing tricks.

“ Loey, real name Park Chanyeol.” 

And that’s it. All the emotions and feelings Baekhyun kept locked away in his heart started to flood back, again, for the hundredth time. 

“ Can he come to the studio tomorrow?” Baekhyun asked, hopeful.

“ Actually, he’s already waiting outside.” Sehun smiled. Sehun knew about them, even if he wasn’t there when the drama happened, he knew all about it after they became close friends 3 years back.

Sehun doesn’t need to say another word to make Baekhyun running out the glass door, onto the balcony of the studio. 

There stood Park Chanyeol, is it even possible for him to get any taller because to Baekhyun it seems like he did. His features are still the same, maybe a little sharper and mature. But Park Chanyeol actually glows. And Baekhyun couldn’t believe his sight. He senses something, that Park Chanyeol has changed, he’s not the same Chanyeol four years ago. And like the past four years of Baekhyun trying to move on doesn’t matter anymore, Baekhyun knew, that he’s ready to take Chanyeol back into his life, only if the taller let him.

“ Chanyeol.” Baekhyun breathes out the name, it sounds perfect rolling off his tongue. 

“ Baekhyun.” Chanyeol looks up to him, looking at him the way he did that spring. Eyes full of hope, sadness, and lastly, love.

Baekhyun doesn't want to go through that awkward stage where they ask each other how they’re doing. They came too far for that. So Baekhyun just went up to Chanyeol, stood on his tiptoe, and kissed the taller. The kiss is laced with hunger and the needs to fulfills the missing pieces in their hearts. They’ve been longing for this moment for so long, where it can simply happen years ago only if one of them had the courage to speak up. 

“ You matter to me, Baekhyun, you’re all I want.” Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun’s bump on his nose.

They both knew no discussion was needed, actions speak louder than words, that kiss answered everything. They want each other, and they still, is very much in love. Because at the end of the day, Baekhyun and Chanyeol matter so much to one another.

 

Fin.

 


This bonus chapter was inspired by Rewrite the stars from the Greatest showman, the lyrics is so beautiful and fits this story so much. I hope y'alls enjoy this, a yay for a happy ending for chanbaek!