New Employee

Mysterious Love Affair

               

 

I sat at the kitchen table, watching as my mother shove the eggs in . I was always pressured to be the supporter, and whenever I didn't bring home food, I felt like a disgrace to my mother. Father has left us when I was only 10, and the memories of him made me angry and sad. The absence of him for my mother has also been very devastating, she's lost at least 20 pounds since he has left. The clock stricked 7, giving me the sign to go to work. Kissing my mother on the cheek, I waved bye and left the house. The sun barely over the mountains, snow covered the very tips and clouds made it almost impossible to see the true height. Birds chirped loudly, as I walked down the sidewalk, having excitement for what this day was gonna throw at me. Life was amazing and to me a 1 in a life time shot, there's no turning back when making a decision. I was known for my bubbly personality and positivity, in return I always had a group of friends following, but somehow none of them I talk to now. The wind picked up, pushing a piece of hair out of my face. Smiling randomly to people who I lock eyes with, only a few had smiled back. This made me feel a little worried that today might not exactly be the day for me. Entering the caffe, the boss quickly snapped his attention towards me from cleaning the counter.

"Hello Jimin! Good morning." I smiled back at him and quickly grabbed the cloth from his hands and started wiping away the rest of the counter.

"Good morning, hope you had a good nights rest." Patting his shoulder while placing the cloth in my back pocket, he smiled and nodded.

"I did sleep well, thank you for asking Jimin. I gotta go to a appointment in a few minutes, I'm leaving the caffe to you. This is a shot to prove you can be in full charge." Taking my hand from his shoulder as he walked out of the door,  my heart thundered happily while maybe having this business as mine when he retires.  Guilt overwhelmed me as I started remembering that one time I didn't bring home food for my mom, it was so hard to just leave with empty hands. I never told my boss about this because I don't like when people worry about me, it hurts to see somebody sad about my own worries. My phone buzzed in my pocket, snapping me back to reality. Taking it out I read the message that boss had suddenly sent me.

"There's gonna be a knew worker coming there around 8:45 and I want you to teach him how to do the basics since I'm not there. Please treat him well and tell me everything when I come back." 

My heart thundered from excitement, it did usually get lonely when you're working all by yourself. I might be able to get a friend, I know I'm getting a friend. Wiping down the tables, the door bell rang indicating someone was here, snapping my head to the clock it was exactly 8:45. A smile appeared on my face as I slowly turned around, the sun glared on the tall person making it a little difficult to see what they looked like. Setting the cloth on the counter I walked quickly to the person, my hands were a little damp from the cloth making it not a good choice to shake hands. My heart fluttered as I got closer to him, looking up at him, his height made me feel so short, but the most noticeable thing was his beautiful features. The way his hair fell perfectly over his eyes, perfect skin, unique lips, his height and broad shoulders, was such a heart throbber, probably a player. Smiling even brighter at him, he faintly smiled back and took his hand out of his pocket.

"Hello, I'm Kim Taehyung. What's your name?" Kim Taehyung, what a nice name, thinking about for a few seconds I took my hand to his and ignored that it was still a little damp.

"Nice to meet you Taehyung, my name is Park Jimin. Oh, I'm sorry if my hands are wet, I was just wiping down the tables." I was embarrassed how large his hands were compared to mine, he noticed and mischeviously smiled. 

"No, it's okay. I don't mind that much, but it seems you're flustered about something?" Quickly taking my hand from his firm grip, I chuckled awkwardly and gazed down at the floor tiles.

"Well, lets start on how to ground coffee beans." Darting behind the counter, I tried my best to not seem too awkward or weird. 

"Just put as much coffee beans needed into this blender and blend them on the pulse setting. That's pretty much it with grounding the coffee, now for dishes you know how to do that right?" Glancing back, I spotted Taehyung gazing at me blankly. My face heated as the silence grew more unbearable. 

"Okay, I'm thinking yes. I will be the cooker and you can take the orders, just greet the person politely, small talk and such just to brighten up their moods. When you have the order just give it to me and I'll serve it, that's pretty much everything. Oh, when we get mail just go upstairs to the bosses office and set it on his desk. I look forward working with you, Taehyung." Turning fully around to him, I smiled and nodded to him while trying to push any negative first impressions about him, but I couldn't help myself to think he was a playboy, and probably born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Just from seeing his designer Gucci and Armani turtleneck, made that theory look true. 

"Has anybody said to you that you're very handsome, if not then it is a honor to be the first, but I doubt I am." A smirk crossed his cheshire expression, everything about him was sending red flags, but I just shrugged them off since we would probably be working together for awhile and I wouldn't want to be working with somebody I dislike. It would just put a huge burden on me when going to work, with this hatred for somebody. 

"I appreciate the compliment, sir, but I wouldn't want to test my patients for a player like you." I stood shocked on what just left my mouth, my face heated as I realized that I just said something so mean and rude, I shouldn't be assuming things I don't know one single thing about.  Slowly landing my worried and concerned gaze on Taehyung, my heart skipped a beat making pain shot up my chest. He was grinning, like he liked the bitterness that left my mouth, like he was satisfied from the insult. I was starting to feel concerned if he was okay, if that grin was what covered the pain inside. I scrunched my face with thinking such a thing, Taehyung watched me closely with his head resting in his hands. 

"I'm really sorry what I said, please forgive me. I didn't mean to say such a thing-" He interrupted me from finishing my sentence and confession.

"So you were thinking about it, I don't care about your little confession, the thing I care about is you in my bed." I stared dumbfounded on what had just left his perfect mouth, it didn't match one bit of his appearance. I guess that's why they say "Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover." The way the words just fluently came out of his mouth felt like he used that line at least a hundred times, making me feel disgusted from just thinking how many girls he got. 

"C-can you go....a-and water the plants outside." I bit the verge from talking rudely to him, and all that wondered in my head through the seconds was the smooth line "the thing I care about is you in my bed." Wow, how could somebody just say that when they only met each other 5 minutes earlier, there's no way in hell that I'll be laying in his bed, not in a million years. Grabbing the watering pot, I filled it and nervously handed it to him, avoiding making eye contact. He took it and slowly got up from the stool, I could feel his intense gaze on me. I breathed out a sigh as he walked out of the door, feeling heavy from having a whole day with him, it felt like it had been an 1 hour, but only 25 minutes since he first walked in. I started remembering about having to clear the bosses desk, since a package is coming in anytime now. Walking up the stairs to the office, I felt a unsettling presence, like I wasn't the only one. Snapping my head back to check if there was anybody down there, but it was just my imagination. 

"Where you going?" I lost my breath from the sudden voice,  I instantly knew who it was and breathed in deeply through my nose. How did he even get here, I thought he was outside and there's no way he could've walked past me. 

"I-I was going to the bosses office since I have to clean off the desk, h-how did you get up-"

"I'll help you, since there must be some lifting involving in it." A innocent smile crossed his defined features, somewhat making me regret ever thinking poorly of him. 

"Y-Yeah, I would appreciate an extra hand." Squeezing past him since the walls were only 10 feet apart I open the office door and quickly started picking up some papers on the floor. It felt a little nice that he was helping me, I don't think I would've be able to finish this in under an hour. The real question was how he even got up here, it did seem odd how he ignored what I was going to ask him and changed the subject. The only way up here is going through that hall and I didn't see him so that meant the other way is climbing the building, yeah, it's odd and I don't think he climbed the wall just to get up here. How did he even know I was coming up here?

"Where does this go?" The voice took me out of my thoughts, staring at the piece of papers in his hands for a few seconds I quickly answered.

"Just put it in this pile that I have, these are all the non-business letters, these are the business letters, and here's where the bills go." After half an hour passed by we had finished with everything, it made me blink a couple of times since the room appeared to be sparkling from how clean it was.

"Thank you for helping, about that, how did you even get up here before me-"

"Your very welcome, I think there's a customer down stairs." I bit the inside of my cheek as I ran down the steps, huh, he did it again. The front door had just opened as I got before the cash register, a smile appeared on her face as she slowly walked in front of me.

"Hello, my name is Jimin, and it's nice to meet you. I hope you had a wonderful morning, what would you like today?" She pushed a strand of hair over her ear and smiled sweetly.

"Hello, Jimin, my name is Suzy. Uh, I would like a simple black coffee with no sugar, or milk and a gluten free blueberry muffin."

"Alright, thank you for ordering Suzy. That'll be $10.57." After getting the money I quickly started making the order, still thinking about the whole Taehyung thing. 

"I'll take it to her." Finishing the order I placed it in his hands, not hesitating since I didn't really want to move from the counter. Observing Taehyung as he placed the order in front of her I watched as he started doing small talk, a bright smile crossing his handsome and perfect face, the girl was giggling. Pain stabbed at me from the beautiful sight, the sun shined on Taehyung and the girl so beautifully, it looked like they were angels coming from heaven. Kicking the thought away within seconds I went back up to the office, feeling the need to be by myself. Today was gonna be a long day, I can't lie about that. Having Taehyung as a knew employee is gonna be challenging since I don't really see us having a strong friendship like I hoped for. Closing the door behind me I plopped myself on the couch, ignoring the sun that was blinding me. My eyes felt heavy as warmth filled be body, making me feel at ease and safe. I hadn't had a good nights rest since last week, I probably have bags under my eyes to be honest. Falling into a deep sleep with the sound of birds still chirping, I suddenly felt heavy breathing on my neck.