Bad Dream

Bad Dream

Night time routines. A time where you’re able to wind down and focus on yourself. Having a four-year-old and a husband that works constantly is tough on you and your family. You finally got into bed, tucking yourself into your sheets. You lay down catching a glimpse of your sleeping chanyeol- asleep with his mouth open, blowing bubbles. It was moments like these that you cherished- most days, weeks, even months depending on his schedule you barely got to be with your family as a whole. You needed these moments. You gently brushed his hair away from his eyes and placed a kiss on his temple, soon shuffling yourself down further into the beds soft cotton sheets, and began to drift away.

A few hours after drifting off, you felt the smallest nudge on your arm, followed by a soft whisper. You opened your eyes which set sight on you daughter, Miin. You sat up growing in concern, her eyes were puffy showing signs that she had been crying. “Sweetie, what’s wrong?” You leant over the bed and lifted her up, placing her in your lap. “Eomma, I had a bad dream.”  She quietly shouted, sniffling, bringing her tiny fist up to her eyes, rubbing away the tears that began to form. You felt a stir next to you, Chanyeol had sat up bringing his larger fist to his eye, rubbing it. “ What’s happened? Why are there tears?” He said grabbing Miin’s chin in his gentle grip and wiped them away with his thumb. You began to her hair, comforting her. “I had a bad dream where you and eomma had a fight and you left us.” Her tears became more apparent. Chanyeol lifted Miin from your lap and placed her in his, and held her tight in his embrace. “Why would you dream of something so silly? You know I would never leave you and eomma, I love you both too much. You both mean the world to me- I would be so dumb to leave the two of you.” He gently tilted Miin’s head up to catch her gaze, placed his nose on hers and rubbed them together. You smiled at the picture that was in front of you, seeing your daughter in the arms of the man you loved filled your heart. Chanyeol kissed Miin’s forehead and turned his gaze towards you, he stuck out his arm and engulfed you in the huddle, known as your family.

A moment of silence had passed. “Appa, eomma, can I sleep here tonight?” You and Chanyeol looked at each other and smiled. “ Of course you can, we wouldn’t want anything more.” You said tucking her hair behind her ears. You all lay down, Miin in your arms, her facing her father gripping his index and middle finger- Chanyeol rubbing his thumb against her tiny hand. You both began to drift off, leaving Chanyeol gazing at the sight in front of him. His family.