Nothing can be planned

Nothing can be planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

Kai and Krystal always fight at school.
Play pranks on each other.
Every single day, and they would never missed it, even if it’s just one day. No matter how hard core or whatnot it is, they would still do it. One time, Kai put two large frogs inside Krystal’s bag, which made her scream out loud during class. In which resulting them to be put into detention but in different classes. Also that one time when Krystal put oil on Kai’s chair but he saw it, but then that wasn’t the prank; the prank was inside his desk drawer when she put chili sauce all over it. Kai put his phone in his desk drawer and that moment Krystal called his phone. Turned out his phone was covered in chili. If they were to list out the pranks they did to each other, they would probably be in Guinness World Record for it.

***

 

One morning, Krystal was sitting on her seat at the very front of the class, while Kai would be sitting at the very back of the class. This is because, once they were told to sit next to each other and a catastrophe happened.

Every morning, Kai and Krystal would be the first ones to arrive in class.

“Oi, Krystal, how’s the weather up there?” as soon as Kai entered their classroom. Krystal ignored the existence of the man and just continued reading her book. Kai rolled his eyes and walked towards his chair. As a mischievous boy he was, he took out his pencil case and found his eraser. He smiled then …

“Ow!” the lady yelled, then she turned to look at him.

“Morning sweets,” Kai smirked. Krystal stood up and took the eraser from the floor, then she threw it towards Kai. Kai laughed as he ran towards the door.

“Missed!” he laughed as he exited their class.

“Stupid Kai!” Krystal frowned. She walked up to the back of their class and picked up the eraser. She took a sit on her own sit while holding Kai’s eraser in her hand. She then remembered a conversation she had with Seulgi 2 days ago. Seulgi confessed that she had fallen for Kai and she wanted her best friend Krystal to know first and wanted them to stop fighting.

“How do I even stop fighting with the boy?” Krystal asked, “I have to fight back if he done something bad to me.” Seulgi chuckled.

“Yeah, I know but don’t be enemies anymore… What if I get to date him?” Seulgi asked, “you’re my best friend and I want him and you to be in good terms, for me.” Krystal looked at Seulgi and she went quiet.

Date him? Seulgi wanted to date him?

Krystal wasn’t sure but she knows that she doesn’t want her to date him. Maybe because she thinks Seulgi deserves someone better.


Krystal was busy in her own thoughts that she didn’t even hear Seulgi calling her.

“Krys?”

Krystal looked at the classroom door, and there she saw her beautiful best friend.

“Kai would totally like her,” Krystal thought, “she pretty, smart and nice.”

“Yeah?” Krystal smiled.

“I’ve been calling you,” Seulgi chuckled, “what were you thinking about?” Seulgi then looked at the back of the classroom, “Oh Kai’s here?” Krystal looked at Seulgi and she slowly nodded. Seulgi is from another classroom, but the year before, she was in the same class as Krystal.

“I think he went somewhere,” Krystal said as Seulgi went to her desk. Suddenly Kai entered the class and the first thing he did was to look at Krystal and he smirked. Kai didn’t even glance at Seulgi and he took his seat right away.

“I’m going to talk to him,” Seulgi whispered. Krystal looked at Seulgi, “why?”

“Just wanted to start a conversation with him and maybe we’ll decide to get to know each other~” Seulgi excitedly said. Krystal turned to Kai and their eyes met. Kai winked at her and she frowned, “jerk.” Kai chuckled. Seulgi then walked up to Kai and Krystal didn’t even notice.

“Hi Kai,” Seulgi greeted him, “morning~” Kai stared at her then he looked at Krystal who was looking worried at her best friend.

“And you are?” Kai asked.

“Krystal’s my best friend,” Seulgi smiled, “Seulgi.”

“Oh really?” Kai nodded, “morning.” Seulgi was talking non-stop but Kai wasn’t showing any interest at all.

Krystal looked at them, and for no reason she felt a pang….of…jealousy.

“What is this?” she thought.

Seulgi then walked out their classroom, Krystal looked up.

“See you lunch time Krys,” Seulgi said then she looked at Kai, “nice talking to you Kai~” Krystal nodded and she looked at Kai. He nodded and turned his head towards Krystal, “what?” She rolled her eyes and turned away.

***

Days passed and Seulgi was getting closer and closer to Kai while Krystal was getting further away from Kai, as she stopped interacting with him and started to avoid him as well. Kai noticed that he started to see Krystal even lesser than usual. Even during lunch time, Seulgi went to eat with him instead of Krystal.

“Where’s Krystal?” Kai asked Seulgi.

“She said wasn’t feeling well, so she didn’t want to eat,” Seulgi took a bite of her salad. Kai looked at her and he asked Seulgi, “How is she when she’s with you? Always frowning?” Seulgi looked at him and she chuckled.

“What? No she doesn’t,” Seulgi chuckled, “Krystal is sweet, nice and a very cute girl.” Kai nearly spayed out his water when he heard Seulgi said the word ‘cute’ in the same sentence with Krystal’s name.

“Well that’s nothing what I see from her…” Kai said, “why aren’t you having your lunch with her?”

“She said its fine, she’ll stay in class to catch some sleep,” Seulgi chuckled, “why do you keep on asking about her?” Kai looked around the cafeteria, he heard her but he chose to ignore her question.

“How long have you been friends?” he asked. Seulgi answered him that they have been friends for 5 years. Kai kept on asking questions about Krystal and that made Seulgi curious but she didn’t bother to ask.

Kai walked towards his class, after having his so called lunch date with Seulgi. As he entered their classroom, he saw a young boy talking to Krystal.

“You brought your little brother to school?” Kai teased. Krystal looked at him and she rolled her eyes, “ignore him V, he’s always like that.” V looked at him and he frowned. Kai frowned at him as well, “and you are?”

V stood up and turned to Kai, “I’m V, 2nd Year.” Kai stared at V, then he laughed out loud.

“A child,” he laughed, “what brings you here? Do you want candy? We don’t have any boy.” Krystal shook her head then she smiled at V, “like I said, ignore him. So anyway, you wanted to borrow my notebook?” V looked at Krystal with awe, then he smiled, “Yes Noona.” Kai was irritated, not at how V ignored him, but at how Krystal decides to ignore him and how she decides to smile at V. Krystal handed V her notebook, “I hope you’ll understand though hahaha.”

“She laughs?” Kai stared at them as he took his sit, “what kind of witchcraft…”

Kai didn’t even notice that V had left their class, and he heard her voice. “What’s with that face?” Krystal asked. Kai looked at her, “what’s wrong with my face?”

“Ugly as ,” Krystal smirked. Kai actually laughed at her remarks and so did Krystal. They looked at each other as they laughed then it hits them, they’re actually enjoying each other’s company. Krystal went still and so did Kai, and at that time their friends started to enter their class.

“You went in early bro,” Sehun went to Kai and he just smiled, “what’s up?” Kai shook his head and when he looked at Krystal, she was already talking with their classmates. He felt odd but it wasn’t unpleasant for him. Kai lightly chuckled to himself and Sehun tapped on his shoulder, “what’s wrong with you man? Ate something bad bro?” Kai lightly punched Sehun’s stomach, on which they laughed together.

Krystal was all ears when Kai and Sehun laughed together, she herself was smiling while her seatmate was busy talking about cats to her. Sehun left their class and Kai went to talk with the rest of his classmates. The day ended peacefully, as how their classmates would say it.

 

***

 

Day after day, Krystal tries to avoid Kai more than usual. Krystal sometimes would get that feeling of emptiness because the more days she kept on avoiding Kai, the less pranks they do to each other, the lesser it is for them to actually see each other. Kai gets to see more of Seulgi more than Krystal. Krystal didn’t even try to prank him any longer and what made him more irritated was, the young boy named V. He kept on visiting Krystal during lunch time and sometimes early in the morning.

“Noona, I bought you a drink,” V said to Krystal, as Krystal was reading her book, at one lunch time. Krystal looked up as the boy entered their classroom, and she asked, “you need anything V?” V just smiled and shook his head.

“I just wanted to hang with you,” V showed his beautiful smile. Who can resist such beautiful man. Kai who was still sitting on his seat rolled his eyes. He looked into his pencil case and found another half of his eraser, he muttered to himself, “where’s the other half…” He took it and threw it to V’s head instead of Krystal this time.

“Ow,” V frowned, he looked behind, “what was that for?” Krystal looked at Kai, then she picked up the eraser.

“Give me that back,” Kai said. Then Krystal threw hard, and hit Kai’s forehead, then she smirked, “there you go.” Kai rubbed his forehead, then he looked at her, he smirked, “thanks.” They were communicating in a way other people wouldn’t even do and V was left there, as if he wasn’t there.

“Lunch?” Kai actually asked her. Krystal looked at him but she shook her head, “not with you~”. Kai nodded and he rolled his eyes then he looked at V, “you’re not going little boy?”

“I’m not little!” V frowned again.

“Whatever,” Kai walked out the classroom the he heard Krystal said to V, “You should have your lunch V, I want to take a nap. I would rather have no one watching me.” Krystal apologetically smiled at him. Kai looked at her and their eyes met. She stopped smiling then she looked at away. The moment she turned away, Kai was already out and V was still there.

“V?” she said.

“I will go Noona,” V smiled, “have a pleasant rest Noona.” Krystal looked at V as he walked out of the room and she felt comfortable by herself. Then she thought of Kai.

Krystal suddenly started to feel something else toward Kai. She made up her mind to stop engaging with him completely. She will have to start to ignore

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter