Final

Beauty Queen

Everyone cannot expect what the others can be. Because this world forces you to be somebody else that you are not, in order to be wanted by everyone else, to be accepted and to be valued.

I am Myoui Mina, 21 years old. I lived a happy life and contentment. I looked forward everyday I woke up. I have a very productive life that I enjoyed every time. I studies well, I hang out with my friends, and I have a great connection with my family.

As our family is having our breakfast, I couldn't help but to feel something building up inside me maybe because of the upcoming pageant again, and yes, I joined the pageant in our school. I always win and I never get tired of it. But this pageant is different, I can feel it. This will happen in six months later.

Although I'm tired of the faces I always encountered every pageant, as they are always my competitors, it gives me a normal feeling before since I knew that I will win this but then again, it changed. I heard that someone joined the pageant, but soon I found out that she didn't join willingly, they just made fun of this girl and listed her for the pageant. The rules in this school are that, once listed, there's no exit. 

I haven't met this girl but it makes me excited because they said she is a nerd, wearing a headband and a thick-rimmed glass. Based on my sources, she just transferred a month ago, she's from Japan, but gets bullied already due to her appearance. This made my curiosity for this nerd go wild and I can't wait to meet her.

---

5 months left, we don't have any classes today, so I thought of going to this dance studio they said that consists of great dancers, famous choreographers, especially the owner. The HM Studio is a well-known studio ever since and now boomed because they said that the owner returned back here from Japan.

The owner is known for her charismatic aura as what they say, an attractive feature and a very great choreographer of the famous idols. Enough for the thought, I just arrived in the studio and booked for a gate pass.

I roamed around the studio, I saw many dancers per room, but what caught my attention is the room at the right corner in the end. I don't know but something is pulling me to make my way over there so I went there.

As I am getting nearer, I heard the song "24 hours" by Sunmi playing and when I am in front of the door which is slightly ajar, I looked inside and it caught my breath. There is a girl who is so focus on her dancing. Her moves are so captivating and soon I realized that I am holding my breath for an unknown reason for me.

---

 

The dancer maybe noticed Mina's presence as she turned around and looked at Mina. And it made Mina's heart beats faster. She is more captivated dancer's beauty that she didn't realized that the girl is now in front of her questioning her about something she can't hear.

"Hello? Miss?" the dancer asked.

"Are you okay?" the dancer touched her shoulder that made Mina came back into reality.

"Oh, I-I'm okay." Mina answered and felt her cheeks reddened.

"Okay. May I ask what are you doing here?" The dancer asked.

"Uhh.. I want to watch come choreographies since they said that there are many great dancers here." Mina excused.

"Oh, I am flattered to hear that. You are lucky that you came in this room. Come on, I'll show you my choreographies." the dancer said which made Mina confused.

Her choreographies? So she is a choreographer? Then, don't tell me she is...

"I'm Hirai Momo, the owner of this studio by the way. And you are?" Hirai Momo, Mina met the famous dancer?!

Yeah, she really is so lucky.

"I'm M-Mina, Myo-Myoui Mina" Mina accepted Momo's handshake.

Her hands are soft. Mina thought

"Nice to meet you Mina." Momo smiled and brought some weird feeling in Mina's chest. And by that, they got to know each other and learned some choreography.

And Mina first met the famous dancer.

---

3 months left, its weekend and Mina is preparing herself since she will visit the HM Studio again. Momo and her became close after they first met and Mina visits her every time she likes to see the dancer.

Some of her friends are jealous of her because she is now close with the famous choreographer. Mina knew that Momo and her are in the same year but Momo doesn't want to reveal her school.

Just like that, they spend the whole day chatting and laughing to every story they tell to each other.

And Mina first felt the euphoria in her heart.

----

A week left before the pageant, and Mina met the nerd they are talking about. She looked at the nerd and noticed her eyes, which brought some weird feeling in her chest. Lately, her chest has been acting out weirdly.

Throughout the day, the nerd didn't leave her inside her mind so she decided to visit Momo today. The nerd smile seems familiar to her.

While they are eating, she caught herself staring at Momo,then she realized that she have been receiving those weird feeling whenever she is around Momo, and it just grew as they are always together. The thought of the nerd suddenly left her mind.

----

The day for the pageant came; there are many students and outsiders who are present today. The bullies of the nerd are in front of the stage, excited to see how the nerd present herself.

Delighted by lights and faces, Mina hoped that Momo will be here watching her as she said she will but she didn't see her. Due to her preparations, she didn't see the nerd's modeling but she can clearly hear silence.

What's going on? She thought.

And then silence soon change by loud cheers and whistles which made Mina curious so she went outside but she just saw the nerd’s blonde hair. 

Blonde? But she has a black and short hair though?

Mina feels nervous but she doesn't know why. The coronation is approaching and they are now going on the stage and this time, Mina will see the nerd in front.

She wished she didn't wait for the nerd. She is shocked to see the nerd. 

How come she didn't realize it?

 

Their eyes...

Posture...

And their smile is the same...

 

In front of her is the nerd,

In front of her is the famous choreographer,

In front of her is Hirai Momo...

She knows she should be mad since Momo fooled her. But no, she felt so happy because the nerd that keeps on showing in her mind before, and Hirai Momo which gives some weird feeling inside her is the same. 

And before they know it, Momo and her were hailed the fairest of them all.

Cheers erupted from the students.

Though many had caught Mina's charm, it still did not bring the joy she longed for.

Love was offered to her with chocolates, letters and roses but no man captured her heart.

And then she realized it clearer.

The feeling she felt before the pageant, is not nervousness, it's not excitement for the pageant because she might win.

What made her excited are the girls beside her. The overflowing beauty of the competitors.

And no man captured her heart because this woman beside her is the one who captured it 5 months ago, the nerd who lingers in her mind. This woman who is looking at her now, smiling as if she can read her mind and saying that she really came for Mina's pageant.

Mina wants to show the world who is the real Mina, she wants to prove who and what she really is. So she stepped in front of the girl beside her, cupped her cheeks and captured her lips. And Momo kissed her back.

Mina told Momo that she doesn’t need to prove herself worthy because she is already is just by being herself.

She is a girl and she also seeks for a girl.

The beauty queen wants show the world who and what she really is, with the woman who captured her heart, Hirai Momo, her nerd and her famous choreographer.