New Neighbors

Uncertainty

 

Maee placed warm breakfast out on the table as she grabbed an apple before walking out for school.

 

As she stepped out into the cold air, Maee looked over to her left seeing people move furniture into the empty home.

 

Today, they would be moving in next door to her.

 

She shook her head and rushed for school making sure she wasn't late today.

 

~

 

Tina twirled around.

 

“Did you hear Maee? Boyfriend is moving into the area! I also hear that the twins, and Minwoo are going to attend a local high school. Wish it would be ours.”

 

“Y-yeah....say what time tomorrow is the concert?”

 

“Huh? It starts at 7 PM. Why?”

 

“Just wanted to make sure. It just means that I have to make Daee dinner early.”

 

Tina stared at her friend and wondered what her deal was.

 

“Is everything alright Maee? You seem a bit...worried.”

 

Maee blinked.

 

Was it that obvious? Probably. Boyfriend was moving in next door to her, half of the members were enrolling into her school, and there was the concert the following day.

 

Nothing could get any more complicated.

 

~

 

After school, Maee headed to work in hopes of clearing her mind from the drama that had just entered her life.

 

Work went on as usual without anyone talking about Boyfriend; not even the entertainment news channel that was playing on several TVs in the cafe.

 

Maee didn't want to go home. She didn't want to see them.

 

It's not that she hated them. She loved them with all her heart.

 

A group of girls walked in and started to giggle endlessly. This caught Maee's attention.

 

Her heart began to race.

 

“I'm so jealous of the girl who gets to live next door to Boyfriend. Wish I could be her friend. Rumor has it that Kwangmin, Youngmin, and Minwoo are going to attend the girl's school too. She's so lucky!”

 

How did that leak out?!

 

Maee began to freak out even more. She needed to calm down in some way before getting home. This wasn't healthy for her.

 

~

 

The lights were off inside her home.

 

Daee should be home.

 

Maee found a note on a small table in the hallway and picked it up.

 

Maee,

I'm over next door. Come over when you get home :)

Daee

 

She set down the note and let out a small sigh. Either way, she would have to go there.

 

Maee went up to her room and changed her clothes into something more comfortable.

 

~

 

The maknae line sat by the stairs near the front door.

 

All three of them were most excited to see Maee the most.

 

What they didn't know was Jeongmin making sure he looked the best before giving Maee beautiful white roses.

 

Jeongmin had already started having feelings for Maee.

 

There was something about her that just made him attracted to her. It didn't make any sense.

 

He wasn't even sure how to approach her!

 

Back downstairs, both Hyunseong and Donghyun were attempting to make dinner, but wasn't sure how to use the stove the company had bought for them.

 

Daee walked back into the house and held up a bag filled with party streamers and other things for the house warming.

 

“Hyung, what do you have there?”

 

Daee looked over at Minwoo.

 

“Huh? Oh, it's for the house warming! Let's set it up before Maee comes over. We'll show her a big surprise and everyone will have fun for sure.”

 

The twins grinned together and took the bags; off to decorate the new house.

 

Minwoo looked at Daee.

 

“Hyung, what's noona really like? I feel like she's not...fully open to us.”

 

“Maee? She's interesting. Maee acts more mature than her actual age, so I try and bring out the kid side in her. Obviously, that hasn't worked, but I'm trying. Also, she has this weird friend named Tina. Tina....she's unique.”

 

“Does hyung like Tina?”

 

Daee blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“Like Tina? I'm not sure. She's Maee's age and...it's kind of weird if I asked her out. There's a huge age difference.”

 

Minwoo got up and smiled.

 

“If hyung likes her, then you like her. It's okay if there's an age difference. As long as you two care for each other, then everything will be fine.”

 

Daee nodded and sat by the stairs as the young maknae went off to help the twins decorate.

 

~

 

Maee stared at the front door.

 

She began to debate whether she wished to go in or just go back home.

 

Her mind kept running through all the crazy thoughts.

 

If Tina found out, there would be so much to explain to her.

 

Maee wasn't even sure if she could explain it all!

 

She took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

 

Her fate had been sealed.

 

Jeongmin opened the door.

 

He looked even more attractive than before!

 

Maee held her composure as Jeongmin handed her a bouquet of white roses.

 

“These are for you. Come on in.”

 

Her composure fell and her cheeks turned red.

 

“T-thanks Jeongmin oppa.”

 

He smiled and she walked into the house.

 

Maee froze.

 

The house was beautiful and she was only in the entry way!

 

Jeongmin smiled.

 

“Everyone is in the living room. Come on.”

 

He took her hand and led her into the living room.

 

Maee looked around as her surroundings changed.

 

The house was amazing! On one wall was filled with old photos before their debut. She looked at each photo and spotted Donghyun with Daee back in high school; a photo she had never seen before. Maybe her brother hid the photo in his room somewhere? Maee remembered when Daee would pick her up from school in his high school uniform. He always told her about how he and his closest friend were always hanging out after school and that one day they could meet.

 

In truth, the two did meet, but under different circumstances. Instead of being introduced as Daee's best friend, Donghyun had been introduced as the leader of Boyfriend AND Daee's best friend.

 

Jeongmin stopped and looked at her.

 

The amazed look in her eyes made him laugh slightly.

 

She heard it and turned to face him; seeing his adorable smile.

 

“Um, is everything alright Jeongmin oppa?”

 

He nodded.

 

“You just look cute with that amazed look on your face.”

 

Maee blushed once more.

 

What was up with this boy and making her blush?!

 

The two walked into the living room and there sat the full maknae line and Hyunseong.

 

Minwoo jumped up and hugged Maee first.

 

“Noona! You're here!”

 

Maee laughed a little and hugged back.

 

“Yes, noona is here.”

 

The twins ran over and hugged her as well.

 

Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong.

 

“Where are the other two?”

 

The older male shrugged.

 

“Last time I remember, they went into the kitchen.”

 

Maee froze and forced out of the maknae hug.

 

“Where's the kitchen?!”

 

They all looked at her confused.

 

Hyunseong pointed in the direction and Maee dashed away.

 

Out of nowhere, pots and pans crashed on the kitchen floor.

 

The boys in the living room ran into the kitchen to find Daee on the floor with pots and pans around him with Maee next to Donghyun who held up some milk.

 

“Noona, what happened?!”

 

Minwoo held onto Maee's hand making sure she wasn't hurt or anything.

 

“Daee the idiot here is a total klutz when it comes to him being in the kitchen. Besides, he can't cook anything right either. What are you two doing anyways?”

 

Daee slowly got up, but fell back after tripping on a pot.

 

Donghyun laughed.

 

“Well we were going to make a cake for the house warming.”

 

Maee rolled her eyes and picked everything up before pushing the boys out.

 

“Let me take care of the cake. You boys just relax and play some games. It won't take me long.”

 

The boys were pushed out of the kitchen with laughter.

 

Already they were getting along.

 

Maee set everything down and began to make strawberry swirl cake.

 

~

 

After a few hours, Maee walked into the dining room and set the cake down.

 

The boys were playing some video games in the living room and she took a look around the place.

 

By the small stereo next to a glass case of all the awards Boyfriend won, there hung different photos of Boyfriend with Sistar and K. Will. The Starship family stuck up for one another and supported each other.

 

Maee saw a small blank spot and rushed to her purse pulling out a small photo of her and Daee.

 

She found an empty photo frame and stuck the photo in there before hanging it up.

 

Even if this was the first day Boyfriend had moved in, she felt like she and Daee belonged up on the wall of photos. Even some of their fans were up on the collection of photos!

 

Maee pulled out candles and lit them on the cake.

 

She turned to face the entrance of where the boys would rush in.

 

From starting to dreading her hell of a life thinking these boys would bring her drama to the point where she knew she would always enjoy her company.

 

“Cake's ready!”

 

~

LOL Okay had to reupload the chapter after finding mistakes! Aish, I need to be more alert hahaha

 

Hope you all are enjoying the story!