The Trunk & Sungjong's Bully

Not Just a Typical Love Story....

Myungsoo was excited.

Today, at last, he was leaving his apartment and moving into his family's two-hundred-year-old mansion.

He heard his phone alert that he had a text. He picked it up and saw Sungjong's text: 

-L, I need to talk

He frowned. Today, he didn't have a lot of time....

-Talk to me tomorrow. I'm moving today, remember? 😊

-But there's that dumb at my high school....

Myungsoo frowned even more, remembering the 'dumb .' The guy, Hoya, was a notorious bully who liked to pick on Sungjong. Sungjong had tried punching him, but somehow always ended up in trouble. 

The first time, he got suspended, but said it was worth it to see the look of shock on Hoya's face as blood ran from his nose. He didn't learn from his mistakes, however, and continued to try to bully Sungjong. Sungjong kept getting suspended, and then he got a warning. Three more punches and he would be expelled. 

Sungjong couldn't risk it. High school was his only escape from his home and abusive parents now, and bullying was easier than being starved and beaten, since Hoya's bullying was mainly vocal. 

Myungsoo sighed. It was true, Sungjong needed some form of help. 

-Ok, come over to my new house. I'll text you the adress, we can explore while you're there :D and you can sleep over

He looked around; everything was packed. He was really leaving to live in a mansion. It was like a dream to him. 

His phone alerted him of Sungjong's response. 

-thanks. Text me the adress now

Myungsoo texted it to him, then turned off his phone and put it in his pocket. He was finally ready to leave. 

 

 

 

'This place is huge.'

Sungjong stared about him on awe. 'You get to LIVE here? Lucky.'

Myungsoo grabbed his hand. 'Come on...let's explore upstairs.'

He didn't notice Sungjong's cheeks turning bright red as he clasped their hands together.

 

 

They explored nearly the entire third level. Sungjong was in awe of the rooms, the fancy wallpaper, huge doors and exquisite paintings. He kept exciting about how lucky Myungsoo was. 

'What's this door?' He asked suddenly. 

Myungsoo looked at the door. Unlike the others, it wasn't fancy. It was just a simple wooden door with a metal knob. A note on the door said, -Do Not Open.-

Sungjong opened it. 

'Don't go in there!' Myungsoo said, but he was too late. Sungjong disappeared inside.  

Myungsoo had no choice; he followed his friend. 

The inside of the room was plain as well, but it was filled with interesting things. Book, boxes, letters.... and off to the side, an old trunk. 

Myungsoo lifted the dusty lid. 

Inside was a bundle of letters. Old, old letters. Myungsoo lifted one silently; Sungjong's deep breaths were the only sound besides the rustling of paper. 

'Kim Sunggyu to Nam Woohyun, 1895,' he read ofc quietly. 

'Is it a love letter?' Sungjong cut in. 'Nam Woohyun is a pretty name. I wonder, who was she?'

Myungsoo opened the letter. He stared at the first paragraph and couldn't help it; tears filled his eyes. 

'What is it?' Sungjong asked in worry.

'Listen,' Myungsoo said softly. 

'Kim Sunggyu to Nam Woohyun, 1895. 

My dear Woohyun:

I saw you again with Cara yesterday. Why do you like her? I'm sorry, I don't want to offend you, but I don't like her. 

I should be happy for you guys and your relationship. But I don't like Cara at all. 

If only I could say it all..... all that I've hidden.

I'll never send this. This is only a draft, the real letter will go later. But I needed some place to pour out my emotions....

Why is your smile so precious to me, Woohyun? Why does the sound of your voice when you sing make me feel like this? Why does your hand on my lower back as we walk side by side, just friends, make me want these things? Why do I catch myself staring at your lips sometimes?

In this time, loving a man isn't right at all. Not in any way. But I'll get rid of this girl....no matter what. I'll do anything. 

If it comes to it.....I'll even kill her. 

                 I love you, even though it's wrong...

                                   Kim Sunggyu, 1895'

 

 

Sungjong was frozen. 

'Well!' Myungsoo jumped at the sound of his own voice, startled by the echo. 'That was interesting, we'll have to finish these sometime. 

'Let's go.'

 

Myungsoo and Sungjong slept in the same bed that night. 

But Myungsoo couldn't sleep. Sunggyu and Woohyun were all he could think of. 

Finally, unable to resist, he slipped away and crept up the stairs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Can anyone guess what MV WooGyu's story is based off of? 😀 hint: it's by a soloist lol