Danger

Our Deal

 

 

 

                                 

 

I was doing a night shift since Calvin (my coworker) had called out because of a “personal problem.” Only a few customers have came in, mainly for the bathroom since this store was in the deserted part of the city. I was only working because my father couldn’t pay for my tuition, it wasn’t that he didn’t have money, but just didn’t care about my education. My friends would always try and get me to work somewhere less desolated because of the world we lived in. There were 3 different branches in the vampire category, the lowest branch are called Omegas, Omegas are the vampires who were humans until being bitten. The middle branch are called Alphas, Alphas are the vampires that were born vampires. The highest and deadliest vampire are the Purebloods, Purebloods are the ones who can turn humans into vampires and also hold a supernatural power such as having a pet, the ability to teleport, kill anything with the snap of their fingers. I was neither branches, my father is a human and my mother was a PureBlood. This matching was rare and looked down upon because vampires were supposed to kill humans and eat them for their food not mate with them. I had an ability to sense vampires from a mile away, but not PureBloods since they have a fragrance that covers their actual fragrance. The doorbell rang catching my attention from my own little world, a man with a black suit over a turtleneck entered, his pitch black hair covered most of his eyes, but from what I could see they looked a bright gold, his skin was beautiful and pale like a porcelain doll, his lips were small but the cupids bow was defined and dipped down to the lower lip, he quickly pulled his glove off with his mouth and walked towards the front counter. I was at awe from how perfect he looked, his shoulders were broad and he was tall making me feel short.

  “Pack of Treasurer.”

I stared at him for a few seconds before realizing he had asked for something, turning my back to him I scavenge for Treasurer’s, but no luck.

 “Uh..It looks like we don’t have them back here, I’ll-”

       “It’s fine, I’ll just leave then.” He bluntly interrupted me, I felt a little hurt from how rude he was.

  “I was gonna go look in the back, but you didn’t wait before I finished my sentence.” I was annoyed from how rude he was, but also how tired I was.

        “I don’t got all day.” He scolded me before bluntly glaring as I walked to the back. Just to make him more annoyed I walked slowly, I could feel his intense stare eating at the back of my head. Grabbing the pack of cigarettes I quickly turned back to him, his eyes had intensified from a gold to a bloodshot red. My throat went dry and the terrible smell washed over me, the smell was all too familiar. PureBlood. My heart beated fast in my chest as the anxiety kicked in, the man grinned showing his sharp fangs. I had no way of escaping, I was cornered in this back room that had no windows or other doors. He started slowly walking towards me, I quickly got into action and shut the door making sure to deadbolt it. There was multiple locks to this door since it was almost like a safe room from vampires because the store was in a desolated location. A faint chuckle came from behind me, I quickly shot back. It was pitch black, but the red eyes glowed in the dark. I knew this was gonna be the last time I was gonna be alive.

“Hello?” A voice quickly snapped me back to reality, my heart was beating fast from the sudden vision. Looking up at the man he didn’t look like the man in my daydream, his brown hair was showing some bald spots and a little overweight. Regaining my sense I answered him politely.

“I’m sorry, what would you like?” He stared back at me a little concerned, but quickly responded.

“A pack of cigars….This is the quiet part of the city and you know what goes on around here right?” I felt a little shocked form the sudden comment, but quickly felt understanding.

“I’m well aware, thank you for informing me-” The man grabbed my hand and placed a dark blue gem with beautiful flakes of gold in them, his hands were shaking a little.

“Keep this.” He grabbed the cigars and darted out of the store without saying anything else, my hands still felt a little moist from his. I looked down at the gem and examined it more thoroughly, there was a small incision on the very top. It was difficult for me to read, my father was always interested in these type of things and he also had the tools for it. An hour or so passed by in seconds, my mind was still caught on that daydream I was having. It felt so real, who was that man?  The doorbell rang catching my attention like always, a woman who looked so pale and almost dead staggered to the counter. A strong disgusting scent washed over me, my thoughts filled with red flags. I knew that scent so well that it disgusted me, taking myself out of my thoughts again the woman was only a few feet away. I sharply looked over at the back and was about to run, but I was frozen in place. My feet wouldn’t budge, I felt dread wash over me until I felt this unknown safe feeling. The women had struck at me, but failed and fell to the ground, I remembered that man had given me a gem. Turning my gaze slowly to the woman who laid motionless on the ground, fangs pierced through her lower lip showing black blood. The strong smell of a dead person came over me making me quickly cover my nose, the smell was unbearable. I gagged from exposing a small part of my nose, there was no way I was gonna sit in here and with this dead thing. The clock chirped indicating that my hours are over, relief washed over me. Quickly shoving the door open I took in a deep breath of the fresh air, faint drops of rain fell on my face making me feel horrible for walking home in the rain possibly. Walking to my house wasn’t actually that far if you think about it, the rain got heavier making my shirt stick to me. A sudden feeling of me not being alone washed over me, snapping my head back I spotted somebody in the faint distant standing under a dimly lit street light. My heartbeat pounded in my throat as my pace started to turn into a quick jog, keeping my sight on the person to make sure they weren’t actually following. The street light flickered for a second and the person was gone, my heart beated faster from not knowing where they were. My jog turned into a sprint as I got closer to my house, looking back ahead of me I froze in my tracks, my heart feel into my stomach as the person stood a few feet away. Dread and terror was filling my thoughts, was this gonna be last time I’ll be alive? M-my father...will have nobody if I don’t survive this. The man lifted his hands up to my face, his face was covered from the black hoodie. Flinching from the sudden touch, my heart pounded violently in my chest as I started searching for solutions to escape from this person. His raspy low voice broke through my terrified trance.

“Why are you so scared? I’m not gonna hurt you, Mark.” I stood dumbfounded and scared on how he knew my name, if you weren’t gonna hurt me then why were you following me? I wanted to say that out loud so badly, but couldn’t from how dry my throat was. His hands slowly went down to my neck, his hands were large and cold, his skin a pale tone. Quickly snapping back I jolted back while pushing his hands away, trying to look through the shadow of his hoodie, I froze from the golden eyes glistening back at me. The day dream I had earlier about that man started coming back to me, the PureBlood that chased me into the storage room. A loud thunder made me flinch, rain poured roughly down on me. Chills went through my body, clenching my teeth I roughly pulled the hoodie down. I knew it, a grin crossed his face showing his sharp fangs. In the snap of his finger he sunken his teeth in my neck, my body fell limpless in his strong arms. The feeling of my blood leaving my veins overcame my senses, my vision blurred. Terror filled my thoughts, the loss of breath and blood made me fall unconscious.