I can't

I can't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was his usual, hectic day: Namjoon nagging him day in and day out to have the piles of paper work done before going home, being late for his favorite show and feeling like he’ll fall asleep any second if he stays still for long.

But, it was his first time riding a train back home. He doesn’t know what came over him; taking this full and suffocating cart over a cool and spacious cab seems like a dumb idea now that he’s standing there.

“Attention, passengers. We have a full train today, so, please, don’t block the doors. We will be moving shortly.”

Electricity shot through his exhausted mind when his eyes met with those achingly familiar, warm brown ones.

 

“Min Yoongi?”

“Why did you turn him down?”

Sighing, Yoongi closed his eyes and runs a hand through his hair when a spike of irritation flared up in him. “You know, if this day kept up, I think it will become a record holder for Ask Yoongi the Same Question Award. It’s, like, the whole student body already asked me that.” He leans back on the concrete wall and lets the breeze flit through the both of them.

Seokjin frowned, he thought, why would Yoongi, known as “The Ice King", reject the famed Jimin, with his slender body – especially those supple hips - and a charming attitude… wait.

“Do you…like someone else?” He smoothes out his hopeful and eager expression to look casual before asking.

He’s afraid his drumming heart might be heard by Yoongi and foils his plan entirely.

His friend opened his eyes and stared at the clouds lazily, before replying,

“Yeah.”

With only one word, Seokjin feels his whole being become still. His racing mind and heart halted. The blood rushing to his ears just seconds ago must have clogged his hearing or something, but, as he kept replaying their exchange in his head, one thought only occupied his mind.

The guy that stole his heart has someone steal his.

He cleared his throat –please, don’t tear up – and turned his head to Yoongi, a small and fake amused smile adorns his face. “Why do I only know this now?”

When there’s no reply from him, he continued, wagging his eyebrows at him, “Do I know her? Maybe I can help—“

A tense atmosphere takes up between them like a thick wall cuts him off, Yoongi suddenly questioned him.

“Do you fancy someone?”

Yoongi’s eyes seem to somehow lure him deeper in his gaze; pools of chocolate turning a lighter shade of caramel when the sun hits them right and he can gaze at their rich color, endlessly, and drown himself.

Pulling his knees up to his chest, “It’s…um, there is, actually.” he murmurs. He directs his gaze to the large, fluffy, groups of clouds blocking the majority of the sun’s rays. “But I’m not going to tell them.”

Yoongi’s confused frown made something twist in Seokjin’s chest. “Why not? Anyone will be lucky to have you.”

A bitter smile curls his lips. “I can’t.” The rejection will kill me. Despite the continuous painful throb in his chest, he asked back, “Who’s the lucky one?”

It is a wonder, knowing that this is the guy that sees music as the love of his life, the person that he has fallen for must be very special.

Just not… me.

“I won’t tell, either.”

This time, Seokjin is the one who frowns. “Why not?”

Yoongi just smirked. “I guess I can’t, too.”

Seokjin woke up to his phone. Still groggy from his sleep, he tries to move, until he noticed arms encircling his waist in a tight hold. Memories from last night came rushing in when he felt the stickiness between his thighs.

He tries his best to reach his phone from the night stand without waking the latter up. As he turned it on, a breath of a curse leaves his mouth at its brightness.

6:30 am

Min Yoongi messaged you.

He almost forgot he saw Yoongi yesterday.

He was so engrossed to the text that he didn’t notice Jungkook, “Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter