Chapter 9

Steal Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"What brought you here suddenly?" Irene asked Wendy.   Wendy shows Irene the bag of food she's holding.   "Uhm... Ok, come in," said Irene.   "Good evening, Ms. Angel!" Shane greeted Wendy.   "Good evening, sweety! I've got something for us to eat," said Wendy.   "Wow! What is that?" Shane asked.   "Fried chicken," Wendy answered.   Shane and Irene looked at each other.   "Ms. Angel, unnie can't eat chicken. She will get sick," said Shane.   "It's okay. I'm not hungry anyway." Irene smiles.   "Wait for me. I'll be back." Wendy runs out.   "Wendy!" Irene called her for her to stop but she didn't.   AFTER 20 MINUTES   "Here... Shane and I will have the chicken. Eat this pork instead." Wendy puts the dish on the table.   "Wendy.. Why are you suddenly doing this?" Irene asked.   "I just enjoy having meals with both of you," Wendy lied. The truth is, she suddenly felt a sense of responsibility for the siblings because she blames herself about Irene losing her job.   "Why do you keep calling me Ms. Angel, by the way?" Wendy asked Shane.   "Because you're as good as one!" Shane grins.   Wendy smiles and pats her head.   "You and your sister are also angels," said Wendy.  

AFTER THEIR DINNER

"I'll get going now," said Wendy.

"It's your day-off tomorrow at the coffee shop, right?" Irene asked.

"Yes. Why?"

"Just spend the night here, then."
"That's a good idea, unnie! Please just spend the night here. It's already so late. Something bad might happen to you if you still go," said Shane.

Thinking it's rude somehow to say no, Wendy agreed to do so.

"You can sleep in my room. I'll just sleep beside Shane here."

"Maybe it would be better if it's me who will sleep here. I'm just a visitor. You don't need to lend me your room," said Wendy.

"That's exactly the reason why we can't let you sleep here. You're our visitor so we should treat you better," said Irene.

"Alright then, if you insist."

Irene lends Wendy some clothes to wear during the night.

Wendy enters the room.

"How would I even be able to sleep here alone?" Wendy shakes slightly.

She lies down and closes her eyes.

AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR..

"Ir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter