He’s Mine

He’s Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After weeks of being busy with their stages in events, variety filming and ambassadorial roles, at last it was their day off.

Sungjae was busy playing games on his computer, but at certain times, he keeps glancing on his bed. After a few minutes of being distracted, he finally gave up.

"Chamnae." Turning off his computer, he slowly marched towards his bed and jumped on it.

"Why did you stop playing?" The voice he loves so much asked. He moved closer to her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his head near her heart that started to beat faster. The smell of her hair and perfume filled the air he was breathing. It made him hold on to her more.

Joy giggled at his boyfriend's actions. Putting the book she was reading, she started playing with his hair.

"You're distracting me. I don't think I can do anything when you're here, love." His aegyo voice usually comes out when he's being clingy. A high pitched laugh echoed in his room, one he loved so much especially if he was the reason behind it.

"Well, you're doing something right now. You're being clingy."

"Except for this, I can't do anything."

"Is that so?" A mischievous tone was heard from her voice. She slowly lifted his chin up with her forefinger and swiftly kissed his lips.

Sungjae taken aback, did nothing but stare at her with wide eyes. "Y..yah!"

"Mwo?"

"That was so short." He joked, half meant. It resulted another fits of giggle from her.

He tightened his hold on her waist and pulled her closer as she wrapped her thin arms around his head. They were silent for a moment, enjoying each other's warmth before he broke the peaceful atmosphere.

"Sooyoung-ah..."

"Hmm?"

He looked up to her and gently kissed her chin. A huge smile crept up on her face. "You're gonna be busy tomorrow and the next tomorrow's after, right?"

She nodded before replying. "Yeah, I will be."

"I miss you already."

"Me too, oppa. But I'll see you when I don't have schedules."

"You should rest on those days. I'll understand, I'm a great boyfriend."

A giggle escaped , and he was just in awe at how beautiful it sounds. A sound he wants to hear everyday for the rest of his life.

"I know you are, but I want to see you. It's still rest though since I'll be home with you."

Grinning, he pulled back a little bit to take a look at her beautiful face which he believed should be part of the eight wonders of the world.

"Well, if that's what you want, do I have a choice?" She laughed at his attempt to hide the fact that he loved the idea of being with her.

Joy was getting busier as the days go by. With her recently ended promotions, variety show and her drama. He was too, except that he didn't have drama filming for now.

Time was so precious for them, yet they spend it together just doing normal things like normal couples.

Just being with each other is already more than enough.

"Do you remember way back our show, when I was the one being clingy?" She asked out of nowhere. After taking in her beauty, he went back to resting his head below her chin.

"Of course I do. You do it every time we meet." Sungjae replied, eyes squinting as he grinned. A gentle slap landed on his back. "Arasso, arasso. Wae?"

"You're too scared to even hold my waist that time. Now you're holding unto me like your life depended on it." She pointed, and he chuckled at her statement.

"It does."

"Mwo?"

"My life depends on you." Blush suddenly crept up her face with his unexpected response. Sungjae felt another slap on his back, he knew it was a facade to hide her flustered features so he moved a bit to stare at her.

"Why do you look so cute even when you're blushing?" He gently pinched her cheeks.

"You're talking nonsense Yook." A red cheeked Joy replied as she returned the favor of pinching his cheeks.

"What's nonsense about that? It is..true." Sungjae gently traced her face with his thumb. From her eyes to her nose and cheeks down to her lips.

Joy trembled with his touch and couldn't help biting her lower lip, her heart throbbing faster than normal. He chuckled at the adorable sight in front of him.

Sungjae moved his face closer to Joy's, until their noses touched. Her breath hitched and before she could react further, his lips already captured hers.

Sungjae tilted his head and his hand traveled to cup her face as he kissed her. Softly at first, until it slowly intensified making Joy clutch unto his waist. He was giving her different emotions at the same time, and much more when his mouth completely invaded hers.

After causing havoc in her world, he slowly pulled away first. Finally, they were individually breathing again after a minute of sharing each other's oxygen.

Her eye-smile was the first thing Sungjae saw and he couldn't help but grin, thankful that heaven worked up a plan for both of them to be together after their stint on the show.

Scanning her beautiful face, he teasingly spoke. "Tell me it's nonsense again and you won't be breathing normal air longer than what you just experienced."

With a shy slap, Joy inched closer to him and settled on the crook of his neck, her most favorite place in the world. She wrapped an arm on his waist to pull him closer.

Sungjae loves it when she's the one being clingy, but he will never get used to her breath on his neck as it will always give him foreign sensations. Her hand drawing invisible circles on his back wasn't helping at all. Joy unknowingly tests his ability to hold back every time they're together.

"Oppa.." Her sweet voice echoed in his ear.

"Hmm..?" Sungjae managed to reply amidst the battle with his self.

"You know I'm having a press conference for my drama in a few days right?"

"Uhumm..wae?"

"You'd deny it, but I'll tell you anyway. Don't be jealous, okay?"

A chuckled escaped his mouth, one with sweetness and bitterness at the same time. "I won't."

"It's pure business, just like you said during your photoshoots with those girls." The sharpness in her tone didn't go unnoticed by him. A secret smile spread throughout his face as his arms grabbed her small waist.

"Ne, samonim. But that's only if, your co star doesn't cross the line." The warning sounded like a joke but it was truer than true loves kiss.

Joy beamed upon hearing her boyfriend's words. She doesn't let him know but she actually enjoys a jealous Sungjae. But since it was a drama she was working on which will last for months, and not to mention the title itself was already a recipe for disaster, she wanted to assure him he need not be jealous.

Not everyone knows about them, only few close friends, their company and some people who has a good eye.

However, she always makes it to the point that her co stars or people she needs to work with closely, clearly knows the boundaries between work and personal matters. And so does Sungjae with the people he's working with, but since he's cautious by nature and doesn't warm up to anyone right away, he doesn't really have any issues with that.

"Roger that, sir." Joy trailed off before closing her eyes to enjoy the warmth he was providing.

Sungjae gently kissed her temple as he too closed his eyes, tightening his hold on the fragile angel in his arms.

*****

A few days later was Joy's drama conference. Sungjae received a text from her early in the morning that she was already preparing as she needs to head to the venue hours before the conference.

They will have a live, an interview and signing of posters aside from the conference which is sure to last for hours.

Joy was on the waiting room as the drama staffs entered to give her some instructions.

"Joy-ssi, I know you're already aware that you need to act sweet with Do Hwan-ssi during the activities for today but I'm just reminding you again. You know it's just part of our promotions just like what we did in SMA." A certain girl wearing a staff ID told her things she already knew.

At the time, she was holding her phone with a wallpaper of her and Sungjae, using her index finger, she immediately locked it to hide her phone screen.

The words conveyed were caught up by her mind again after a few moments of panicking.

Joy shook her head up and down, her eyes checking for reactions in case they were fast enough to get a glimpse of her phone.

When she was convinced that they didn't, she started talking to conceal what just happened. "Ne, I understand unnie. Do I need to know anything else in case there are added instructions?"

They continued talking for quite sometime until her co stars Ga Young, Do Hwan and Minjae entered her room. The four of them were starting to warm up to each other as they weren't hard to be with. A while later their promotions started and so does her act.

Actress Park Sooyoung, here we go...

*****

At the same time, Sungjae was in MCountdown's waiting room. Today was the release of Ilhoon's music video, album and his first music show as well.

Good thing it was his day off that he was able to come with his hyung to support him in his individual schedule.

Scrolling through his social media accounts, Sungjae noticed he was tagged in a lot of photos. It was mostly about Joy and her promotions that day. A proud smile played on his lips, seeing his girlfriend so beautiful and hardworking.

But that smile slowly faded when he noticed how close she was with her co-actor, literally. He felt a lump on his throat before he remembered what she said a few days ago about being jealous.

Why is it so hard to fulfill that single promise when it comes to you Park Sooyoung?

Sungjae thought and logged out of his accounts to stop himself from the reaction he was trying so hard to avoid.

It was also for Joy,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter