Stupid

AUTOMATIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The wall that was illuminated by the light that slightly creeped through the spaces of her curtain was the first thing she saw and she struggled to keep her eyes open.

 

She groaned.

 

She brought her hands to her face and squeezed her cheeks up to the sides of her eyes for the next five minutes before she stretched them far up and let them drop to her sides after, back to the soft comforter.

 

She sighed as her eyes squinted, not because of the light though. She was feeling quite irritated.. and pained.

 

She stayed silent for a little while before blinking.

 

"..Why do I keep dreaming about her?"

 

She sighed.

 

The chirping of small birds outside her window pane wasn’t even calming anymore.

 

~~~

 

A groan.

 

"Aaahhh!! My head hurts! Finally finished this stupid report!” Sooyoung groaned as her hands slammed the thick book she was skimming close, “If sir won't even show up tomorrow, I swear on his remaining hair I—…"

 

She continued packing her things as she hummed and nodded absently beside the rambling woman. Of course, Sooyoung isn’t dense to not notice her friend’s mellow agitation.

 

"..Hey", Sooyoung stretched her hand and tapped on her shoulder, "Wanna go for a drink?"

 

A small treat after she practically dragged her best friend to the library to accompany her over stressing on a report is really just a small price off her wallet.

 

She slowly looked over her friend that was yelling frustrations just a few moments ago, her hand stopping just before she could place the notebook neatly inside her bag.

 

"My treat", Sooyoung smiled.

 

"...Sure"

 

She knew they both needed it after all.

 

~~~

 

A somewhat quiet music playing on the background, shelf of bottles in front, and the smooth texture of the glass on a finely polished wooden counter graced her every senses.

 

She was thankful that her friend didn't bring her to any noisy and messy bars for the night.

 

"I'm a regular here so don't think that it's so not in my character", Sooyoung said when she came back from the comfort room.

 

“I didn’t say anything”

 

The taller woman huffed. "You don’t have to. I already know from the way your looking at literally every corner of the place”, she took a sit next to her and nodded to the man wiping a wine glass, “I like serene and comfortable places more than those clamant clubs"

 

"Then why are you mostly there?"

 

"You just thought I'm mostly there cause you just so happen to see me inside one every damn time I go", Sooyoung thanked the bartender for her drink—which caught Seulgi by surprise cause Sooyoung never ordered anything ever since they passed the wooden entrance, "I just get dragged there by my classmates"

 

"And you let them drag you?"

 

"It's called 'socializing' ”, the beauty quoted with her fingers, “You're one to talk, you let me drag you here too"

 

"Cause I trust you enough and I know you won't do anything to me cause, hell, you can't do anything to me. We're both girls. You don't have the equipment to and accidentally impregnate me"

 

"What the hell are you even talking about?"

 

"I'm saying, don't get dragged too often. Especially by your boy classmates. Have you seen yourself? Who knows what they'll do", she scoffed.

 

"..Are you lowkey praising my looks, Kang?"

 

“I’m just being honest”

 

“Wow. Is it possible for a human to be drunk even before she drank?”

 

“Do you want me to take it back?”

 

“You already said it, back off”, Sooyoung playfully glared at her before a small smile appeared in that pretty face, “Though yea, thanks. I’ll keep that in mind”

 

She smiled and swirled her glass before taking a sip.

 

"So what's on your mind lately?"

 

She turned to Sooyoung.

 

"As I've said earlier, you're there when I'm also in the clubs. I know you're not one to just casually hang around in those", Sooyoung placed her empty glass back on the counter, "Wanna talk about it?"

 

She looked back on her glass again and just continued swirling. "..It's nothing to worry about"

 

"And there you are, worrying over it"

 

The man by the counter came to refill their glasses and they waited patiently for him to finish. Then he wiped the counter once more and excused himself for a business in the kitchen, in which the two politely nodded.

 

"I can wait all night for you to talk", Sooyoung sipped, "I could even sleep here"

 

She just kept swirling her glass.

 

"Alright, suit yourself", Sooyoung shrugged and placed her glass down, "I just want you to know that I'm serious when I said I could sleep here. I’ve already done it before, many times now actually, and ahjussi already knows me so no problem with that”, she clasped her hands and relaxed her posture, “No one will leave till you talk"

 

“You’ve slept here many times before?!”

 

“That’s not the issue right now, but yes. Many times. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got glasses to drink so I can sleep more soundly”

 

“So that’s why you’ve already been served a drink even before you actually talked to order…”

 

Sooyoung brought the glass to her lips again before she shrugged and drank. The woman looked serious enough with what she declared and Seulgi’s not in the mood to sleep in a place other than her own bed right now and she most definitely would not leave her best friend alone to sleep in some place she’s not certain about security especially with how attractive the chick is. She sighed. "..Fine"

 

Sooyoung loosened her slumped shoulders and faced her friend completely, setting her glass aside.

 

"..Are you sure you want to hear this?"

 

"Of course I'm sure. I won’t ask if I don’t want to. Oh, come on! We both know what you've been thinking of is already vexing to you", Sooyoung sighed, "I want to help lift at least some of the burden on your shoulders"

 

"Thanks Sooyoung-ah.."

 

“You could’ve at least called me Joy that moment”

 

“...”

 

"Worth a shot”, Sooyoung raised her hands with Seulgi’s deadpanned face that screamed ‘seriously’. At least she succeeded in loosening the tense atmosphere somehow. “Now on with it"

 

With even the short moment of silence, Sooyoung noticed her friend's hesitation. "Are you really uncomfortable telling me?"

 

She swallowed. "I.. I'm not sure", her shoulders drooped further, "I don't know if I can handle whatever your reaction would be with this"

 

Oh my gosh is it that serious for her to feel nervous like this? Sooyoung thought as she stared at the worried eyes that kept denying contact with hers.

 

She let out another sigh and gripped on her glass. "I think... I like someone"

 

That's..what’s bothering her? Sooyoung was dumbfounded. No, wait wait. Maybe there's some deeper context to this. I mean, come on! Liking someone is normal!

 

She didn't change her stance for the next few minutes so Sooyoung took the time to try and read her friend. She was curious.

 

"With 'like', do you mean it.. having deep feelings?"

 

"I'm... not sure"

 

"But you think so?"

 

She slowly nodded.

 

"..Could you give me the details?"

 

She breathed in, "Well..", and adjusted on her seat, "At first I really thought that that 'like' was just as friends, close friends. Almost like siblings, actually. But as the years passed and the more that I learn stuff, well.. 'symptoms'..", she quoted her fingers, "..about these feelings.. I got confused"

 

Sooyoung stayed silent, trying to comprehend every word that left her friend's mouth. "So..", she blinked, "What was the 'symptom' that drove you to think that you like that person romantically?"

 

"...I read and heard it from people that have experience with this sort of thing, that..", she bit her lower lip, "If you keep having thoughts, and maybe even dreams, that you want to kiss that person or maybe you're already kissing in your dreams.. then you like that person, not just as friends anymore. That’s how you differ it in the case"

 

Well, that much is true.. that's normal. Sooyoung’s brows furrowed deeper. So then why is she still so worried? She's not like this before when she starts to like someone. Her curiosity flew out of the window.

 

"That friend..", she just had to know, "Who is it?"

 

Sooyoung heard her swallow.

 

A ring tone broke the silence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter