Blame it on love until the night falls.

Blame it on love

*

Yongguk looked around him and sighed, it had been very hard to escape from that car. It had been very easy to kill those fools. But it would be hard to get the others, they were aware now that he would come for them. They knew who would come for them, because Yongguk would never ask for help.

He sat on the floor of the motel, he had nowhere else to go, and he had no idea what to do next. He needed a plan. He needed to get rid of the G-clan and of the rest of his former partners.

"Is it reasonable ? A kind voice asked him in his head."

 

"Go away ! He screamed, you’re dead !"

"I am. That’s right. I died a few days ago now. And my body is rotting in the place where you left it, but does it matter ?"

"How can it not matter ?!"

"I’m dead Yongguk, in peace."

"You’re not in peace ! You were  ! And tortured ! And slaughtered like a pig !"

"I..."

"Don’t try to tell me it’s alright now ! It’s not, it will never be !"

"I’m not saying you not to kill them, I’m trying to help you..."

"Well you’re not !"

"Look at me !"

 

He closed his eyes. But that wouldn’t help, afterall she was not in the room, she was in his head. And no matter how hard he would try not to see her empty eyes, he would still see the grey colour of death inside them. He would keep seeing the red marks on her tighs and her arms. He would keep seeing the blood. And he wouldn’t forget the smell.

 

"I’m dead, she said in his head again, but they’re not dead !"

"I know !"

"I don’t mean my killers and rapists... I mean the world around you. All the people they might kill ! You could save them Yongguk... You could make it up to me this way."

"I don’t want to make it up to you ! I WANT YOU TO BE ALIVE !"

"That’s impossible..."

"Then leave me alone !"

 

She disappeared, and he scractched his own face with his fingers. He needed a plan ! He banged his head on the wall, why couldn’t he think straight ? He was used to death, he was used to dealing with pain. Why wouldn’t that one go away ?

 

Himchan.

 

G leader.

 

Everyone.

 

He sighed, first, he should kill his old partners. And for that, he had a plan. And the only thing he had to do was to wait a little.

 

*

 

He left the motel after two days, he took his stuff in an other motel, one that was more expensive, he didn’t care, he wasn’t going to pay anyway, he had given a fake name, well, not a fake one, had used Junhong’s name. He wouldn’t mind. He was dead.

The third day, he packed his guns and knifes, now he would never go out without them, he was alone and he was a target.

He took a cab, the driver was staring at him when got out, did he knew where they were ? Well they were in a very, very bad neighborhood. And that neighborhood was very silent that day. Which was a good sign.

He walked through the street with a little grin on his face, yes, his plan had work without a doubt.

He entered what used to be a club, and he walked down the stairs to the cave. That was where they used to stay in case of need. That was where they were. They were all here. Daehyun was tied up next to the sink, his head was bleeding. Youngjae was there lying on the floor, tied up with his hands in the back. And Himchan was there too, looking at him with a smile. The smile of someone that knew he was going to die. He was sitting, all tied up. Yongguk got closer and after carefully checking he couldn’t attack him he pulled the tape off of his mouth.

 

"You’re here."

"I am, Yongguk looked at him. Did I make you wait ?"

"It was getting a little cold here."

"Sorry for that."

"We won’t keep it against you."

 

Yongguk giggled and took the tape from Daehyun and Youngjae’s mouth. Youngjae wasn’t really in a position to talk, he was bleeding out on the floor.

But Daehyun was awake.

 

"You killed Jongup and Junhong ! How could you ?"

"Well first of all I am a better shooter and a better fighter. I shot Junhong in the head from behind, you saw right ? Jongup didn’t had the time to fight back. I shot him, between both eyes. I hope you didn’t had to clean the car. It was gross inside."

"You’re crazy."

"Am I ?"

"We’re all crazy here, Himchan smiled, can’t you just finish poor Youngjae ? He keeps and grunting from the pain, they did managed to cut his liver, and they shot his knee and back. Even if he survived he wouldn’t be able to walk again."

"As you wish."

"No !"

 

Daehyun’s scream died in his throat. Yongguk had shot Youngjae in the head and the young boy didn’t even sighed when he died, he just stopped shaking. Which was nice.

 

"It was an act of mercy Daehyun, Himchan explained, don’t be angry."

"Don’t worry, your turn will come. Yongguk looked at Daehyun and sighed."

"Are you afraid to die ?"

"No. But I won’t die !! I will kill you ! You will pay for doing this to us ! DO YOU KNOW WHO I..."

 

He didn’t finished the sentence, Yongguk shot him twice, one in the chest one in the head.

 

"Now we can talk, Himchan said. Are you going to torture me ?"

"I don’t have time for this. Tell me what happened."

"They came, the G-clan, they knew exactly where to find us. Only three guys against a dozen ? We killed two of their own, maybe a third, he was injured pretty badly."

"So there is nine of them left ?"

"Maybe more. They tied us here and that’s how I knew you had send them. Himchan looked at Yongguk, what did convinced them to work for you ?"

"Now that I have checked what they did, I’m going to leave, and hide, from there I will tell them where to find all of your money."

"You won’t keep it for yourself ?"

"I’ll get it back."

"That’s insane. You can’t possibly kill them all, even you are not that good."

"I think I am. Now, I need to kill you Himchan."

"Do you ?"

"If you have to ask then you didn’t knew me at all and I can do this without any regrets."

 

One shot.

 

*

 

Yongguk did everything according to his plan. He gave the adress to the g-clan to their money. He bought a ticket for Japan for him, but he made his favourite cab driver go instead. After that, again, he wait.

 

"So, this place is nice, She said."

 

He was used to having her around now, she was wearing a beautiful white dress.

 

"I know."

"Shame we never went to that kind of place together."

"I wish I had took you to Japan."

"I’m Japanese, doesn’t make sense. You should have took me to Europe. To London,Paris, Milan... Vienna, Prague... So many cities."

"You just reading the names of the map on the wall."

"Well they sound good no ?"

"They do."

 

He smiled, he looked at her, and she smiled back. But soon, her face got grey, and pieces of her body went missing.

 

"But it’s too late now."

"It is."

 

He sighed, it was time.

 

"You’re already going ?"

"Why not ? They are all comfy at home now."

"But still, what if one of them is like you."

"Like me ?"

"What if deep down inside he is a good guy."

"Well I better end his pain before it gets too great."

 

He walked out, and he went to the place he knew the G clan was living in.

He slit the throat of one of the men that was guarding the entrance, shoting him would have made too much noise.

He went inside, this used to be a cinema, but they had removed all the seats and put bed instead. He could access from the bathroom and from the escape staircase to them. He locked all the door, making sure they were trapped inside. Then, he crowled through the air vents and taped it all so no air would come in our out, he pierced it just to let a little pipe get through. Then he went back to the corridor, and he connected the pipe to the gas. Now he only had to wait. Once again.

He sat on the floor. At first it was very boring, he just had to wait until the gas bottle emptied and replace it. But after some time, they noticed and started to scream, to try to get out. He smiled, that was very easy to do.

 

"Are they dead ?"

"Not yet. I’m going to wait until the night. This way I’m sure they’re dead."

"What about me ?"

"You ?"

"My body."

"Should I check it out ?"

"Please."

 

They went behind the old cinema, there was a graveyard, with a lot of fresh graves.

 

"You’re probably here."

"I am. Here right ?"

"Yes."

 

He had seen it too, that hand coming out of the grave. They didn’t even burried her nicely, animals could dig her out any time, and the next rain would make it stink.

 

"Let’s bury me nicely."

"I’ll do it."

 

First he took her out, then, he used his coat to cover her, he couldn’t look at her like this, and the sight of warms wasn’t his favourite.

He dig deeply, until he was all sweaty. Than, he pushed her in the hole. He let her keep his coat.

He found a few boards and he put them on her before burrying her.

 

"Done."

"I think they’re dead."

"Let’s go and see."

"I can’t."

" Why ?"

"I’m good here, I’m going to stay here from now on."

"Oh..."

"Say your goodbyes."

"I don’t want to."

"I won’t give you an other chance."

"I don’t care !"

 

He left, he had emptied all the gas bottle. He opened the door, and let all the gas go away. He got inside the cinema and looked at all the bodies. They were all dead.

He went to the bathroom. There he was surprised to find a lot of people, prisonners, all dead. That was not his due.

He looked at the bodies, they hadn’t been shot, nor stabed, he finally found it. On their arms, a little needle hole. Someone had "put them to sleep".

 

"We thought it was more human like this."

 

He got his gun out of his pocket and turned around.

 

"I wouldn’t do that if I was you, a room full of gas remember ?"

 

He frowned, at the door was standing a tall young man he had never seen before. His eyes were dark, so were his clothes, but he could see a red sweater underneath the long black coat .

His face was pale, but he looked healthy, wide shoulders, big hands, high cheekbones.

 

"Who are you ?"

"My name is Joon. Lee Joon."

"Lee Joon... ?"

"Sounds familiar right ? He smiled, I’m going to tell you a word that should ring a bell."

 

He leaned towards Yongguk, he was still pointing his gun at the guy, and he was reaching for his knife. But the words the guy said stopped him.

Lee Joon smiled.

 

"Would you join us ?"

"You... How many..."

"Only a few, Taecyeon, show yourself."

 

A very tall guy came in this time, he looked extremly strong, his eyes went from Joon to him and he smiled, Yongguk noticed he looked like a child when he smiled.

 

"Are we done here ?"

"Well unless Yongguk have anything else to do here.."

"Wait, Yongguk frowned, how do you know me ? How did you know about this ? You killed these peoples.. ?"

"Well it was faster than gas, and we knew you would forget about them, so if we didn’t killed them you would have let them here to starve. Not very nice."

"We cleared the way for you, Taecyeon said, we really wanted to see how you would make it work."

"You what.. ?"

"Oh don’t worry you still did more than expected, we only put the leader asleep during all your preparations."

"And made sure they wouldn’t leave before you got here."

"But... Why ? You are the..."

"Don’t say it out loud, Joon smiled, you are a great killer, we heard of you. A fighter, a survivor, you’re good at your job. "

"And you’re not a psychopath like most of the guys here. You think through. We only want that kind of guy."

"What.. ?"

"Guys with both head and hearts. We’re sorry about Kyoko, Joon sighed, and we will understand if you don’t join us. If you feel like your time has come we will drop it."

"But if you want to work with us..."

"Who do you work for ?"

"Ourselves, Taecyeon crossed his arms, we work for ourselves, but we don’t just work in Korea. We work everywhere."

"Our next destination, Joon gave Yongguk an enveloppe."

"What is this ?"

"An airplane ticket. If you join us you will get on that plane next saturday and we will take care of all your needs, and explain everything you need to know."

"Now, we will leave you. If you don’t mind..."

 

They both left and Yongguk remained alone in the death cinema. He closed the door to the bathroom and did the same with the cinema door once outside.

He looked at the tickets they had gave him and he knew what his decision was.

 

He just needed to do one last thing.

 

Once behind the cinema he sat next to grave.

 

"Hi. I’m sorry I didn’t told you goodbye earlier. I wasn’t ready. I am still not ready to let you go. Ever. He looked around, the girl from his head was gone, I loved you, I really did. And it hurts so much to know I won’t ever see your face again, or hear your voice. And it hurts even more to think that I might forget all of those things. But... Kyoko I promise you, I will never, forget us. Our love. He put his hand on the grave, I’m sorry I let you die... I’m sorry I couldn’t save you."

 

For the first time, he let his tears out, and he stayed there until the next morning.

 

*

 

"Please, we remind to all the passenger that any luggage found without an owner will be destroyed. Please, we remind you that..."

 

Yongguk gave his passport to the security guy and after that he went on to the plane.The flight attendent smiled. She had green eyes and brown hair.

 

"Welcome sir, I wish you a good travel with Austrian Air Lines."

 

*

 

"We would like to thank all the passenger for using Austrian Air Lines, we wish you a very good staying in Vienna."

"we’ll see about that, Yongguk grinned before getting out of the plane."

 

As promised, they were here, waiting for him. And his new life was waiting with them.

 

**The End.**