- f i n -

Back to You

lee taemin | 이태민;

Four years has passed since the last time I've been here. Nothing much has changed and almost remained the same; the structures, the sceneries, the atmosphere, and I guess even the love I have for her. Four years ago, I met a walking sunshine and fell for her. Four painful years ago, I watched her as we marched the aisle towards the love of her life. Four regretful years ago, I have let my sunshine to be taken by another man.

Here I am, walking the familiar streets of Seoul again and taking up the chances to meet her again although I am not really sure if I have the guts to face her again. It is funny that almost every places here reminds me of her and the little memories that we had. Oh, my Naeun, how are you doing? I miss you. I wish you are doing fine...and happy.

 

son naeun | 손나은;

It's been four years since the last time I saw him. I don't really understand why he suddenly left and runaway after he walked me towards the altar and he seems...in pain? I am itching to know the reason why he suddenly left that day but it seems like it will never happen. I tried contacting him the best possible ways; through messages, calls, and even e-mails but I never get any single response. The last news I heard about him was that he went to States and live there for good. 

I really want to see him. No, I need to see him. There are lots of things that I need to tell him--starting from the day he runaway. You pabo Lee Taemin, where are you? Why did you left me? Are you doing good? I hope that you are not sick. I miss you...oppa.

 



 

lee taemin | 이태민;

My eyes slowly open when the rays of sun hit my face. Long hour of air travel and jetlag made so exhausted that I immediately fell asleep right after I reached my apartment. I closed the curtains and about to go back to my deep slumber not only if my stomach grumbles in protest. "Right, I forgot to take my dinner last night. Aish!" Lazily, I slowly went off my bed, wash up and decided to eat to the nearest café.  Then I chuckled, "Gosh, that was the same coffee shop where we used to hangout. Good memories.."

I settle down on a table near the glass window of the shop and munch my order while reading a daily newspaper. After several boring minutes of reading, I put down the newspaper and stare outside the café. Just across the coffee shop is a children's park or rather a playground where kids used to play this time of the day. Then suddenly, I spotted a familiar face talking to a young boy. Four years has passed but her features never changed. She still looks stunning and breath-taking as ever. Her beauty is so mesmerizing that I almost spill my hot americano all over me. "Naeun-ah, you still make me nervous. Even for afar.."

Then realization suddenly hits me. Naeun is talking with a young boy perhaps around three years old? Is he her own? I really don't know what to feel, my mind was all frenzy because of these things that I lose my appetite. I leave the café and decided to walk to the grocery store to buy stuffs and fill my fridge for later and maybe this may help to ease my mind. I was about to cross the street when she raise her head and stares directly at me. Mixed emotions can be seen in her eyes; disbelief, grieve, and...pain? I turn my head and walk away fastly before she can even call me. Naeun-ah, I'm sorry. I am not ready for this. 

 

son naeun | 손나은;

I was flipping through the pages of a children's story book while a child sitting on my lap when the door suddenly burst open. 

"Myungsunie-ah! Daddy is here!" Seriously, this guy is surely a pain in the .

"Yah! Kim Myungsoo! There's no need to shout! You almost give me a heart attack!" I told him as I put the kid down and glare at him. Then I proceed in cleaning my aparment as well as Myungsun's things. But then I remember what I saw earlier at the playground.

"Oppa? I think I saw him earlier."

"You saw what?"

"It's a who not what, pabo. I mean I think I saw Taemin oppa." But Myungsoo look at me and smiled. I really know it was him. My heart knows it was indeed him.

 



 

lee taemin | 이태민;

It was exactly one month ago since I came back here and I could say that it's good to be back. One month was surely a bliss because I was able to meet my old friends and hangout with them until the sun rises. But these time were not only filled with good times; there were also emptiness, frustration, and grieve. Why? It is because I keep seeing her and it is becoming more and more often as if fate is playing games with me. Sometimes I saw her alone, sometimes with the young boy, and sometimes...sometimes it's the three of them and they look so happy. 

With those unexpected events, I tried avoiding her with the best way possible. There was one time where she tried to approach me when I was having a coffee in the same café but I refused to look at her. Before she can even speak to me, I stood up and left. Well speaking of her, there she is walking towards me with a deadly aura surrounding her.

I facepalm myself and look at the sky, "God, really? Are you playing games with me? I think I'm not liking it. Not again please, not again."

 

son naeun | 손나은;

One month! One whole month, Lee Taemin came back here and I expected him to see me and explain the reason why he suddenly left! I even tried approaching him but he was enjoying ignoring me all the time. This is so ridiculous! I need to talk to him and tell him the things I badly want him to know. You pabo Lee Taemin, how dare you to do this to me? "I've decided! I will go to his apartment and talk to him whether he likes it or not." I jumped off the bed and dress up quickly. 

I almost reach his apartment when he suddenly he suddenly went out and drove his car to God only knows where! "Seriously?! Lee Taemin, what the hell?" I quickly call a cab and asked the driver to follow his car. After several minutes of driving, the cab stops at a mall's parking lot. He was about to close his car when I march straight to him. Our gaze met and he suddenly looks up. Try me, Lee Taemin. Ignore me and I'll beat the crap out of you.

Then he suddenly looks at me again and said, "Now, what the hell do you want Son Naeun? Or should I say, Kim Naeun?"

 



 

lee taemin | 이태민;

I look at the person in front of me. She looks even prettier up-close. How lucky that Myungsoo guy to have this woman as his wife. 

"Now, what the hell do you want Son Naeun? Or should I say, Kim Naeun?" I asked her while looking at him boringly. She was quiet taken aback from what I said and held her gaze down. Did I sound too much rude? 

"Lee Taemin, why? Why are you ignoring me all this time? What the hell is wrong with you? You suddenly left without telling me! You did not even dare to contact me because I did! Four long years, I've tried calling you, texting you but a didn't even get a single response. Why oppa? Why?" It was my time to be surprised because tears are flowing down her face as she told me this things. I stood rooted on my spot staring at her. Did I hurt her when I left?

"Did you know how much I suffered after you left? Little did you know that I was left here to grieve and cry every night. I was so hurt! And guess what.." She stop speaking and wipe her tears. What Naeun-ah? What?

"...I am Son Naeun. I am not a Kim. I was never a Kim." My world suddenly stops right after she said those. What does she means that she was never a Kim? What happened to them? What the hell happened right after I runaway and left? 

"Na..naeun-ah? What do you mean..you're not a Kim? Aren't you two married?"  That's impossible. The young boy. Oh, yes that's really impossible! They have a son. 

"..and the kid. You have a son, right? How come that you are not a Kim?" She look at me and she looks like she is about to laugh. What the hell? What's happening? 

"You pabo Lee Taemin. I never had a son! I am not married, you fool!" Oh God, did I heard it right? She is not married? My Naeun is not married? How? My brain cannot process all the informations that I am hearing, I am about to break down!

 

son naeun | 손나은;

"Naeun-ah wait. I can't understand. I can clearly remember that day. I walked with you towards the altar, I even gave your hands to him. How come the two of you aren't married? And who is the kid?" He look at me confused and his eyes are glassy. Was he about to cry?

"No, oppa. We were never married. You left so early that you never saw someone crashed our wedding. Myungsoo's oppa has gotten girl pregnant. The girl asked me not to marry him because she needed him. I was searching for your face from the crowd because my mind was a frenzy and I don't know what to do..but you were not there." I told him these things and smile sadly. As I look up, I saw him in tears. Then he suddenly hugs me. It was so tight that it almost suffocate me.

"Na..naeun-ah sorry. Naeun, i'm really sorry. I left.. because I cannot bear to see you to be married to another man. You are so dear to me and it pains me to see you there..sorry naeun." He told me these things while crying. It was the first time I saw him cry. 

"I chose to runaway because I wanted to move on. I've loved you so much that I cannot make myself to see you marry someone.." He..did he just told mw that he loved me? 

"Op..oppa? Did you just told me you loved me? I.. I thought you only see me as a friend. I never.. I never thought of it. How.. why didn't you tell me? Pabo. You pabo. I agree in marrying him because I thought you never see me as a woman. But, oppa.. I wish you have told me.." I can't help it. It's my turn to be shedding tears as I cling onto him. My oppa loved me! It was surreal. All those years? He loved me all those years! 

"Taemin oppa?"

"Yes, Naeunie?"

"Do you.. perhaps, still.. love me?" I asked him as I broke from his tight hug. He looks at me intensely that I feel intimidated. He held my face and wipe the tears and the hairs blocking my face and then he kissed me! Oh my Gosh! Lee Taemin kissed me!!

"Four years ago, I've met the woman of my dreams. I shared the best moments with her and spent every minutes in cloud nine. I was fallen deeply inlove with her that even after years..decades or even centuries can make me undo my love for her." He was speaking so softly that it was almost ticklish. He hold both of my hands and pull me nearer.

"Son Naeun, even if the sun crashes into us, I won't ever let go of the love I have for you. This time, I won't let anything get inbetween us. I love you so much. And everyday, I will pray to God.. that please he won't take my sunshine away." As he says those words, I cannot help myself but to tear up again. I was in love with this man. How come we never end up together before? Ah! It doesn't matter. Now, we can make more memories together and live happily! Thank you so much, God, for giving me such a wonderful blessing. I promise to cherish all moments that I have with him. 

 



 

one year later;

"..Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have; and may your days be long on this Earth. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." 

Taemin slowly remove the wedding veil that concealing her wife's face from her. As he look at her, his eyes started to get glassy and he smiles at her lovingly. Then, he slowly leans towards Naeun to seal their wedding with a kiss. Their lips met and shared a long, sweet kiss that lasted a minute. As their lips separated, the crowd suddenly get loud and shout their congratulations for the two. Both of them smiled sincerely at their guests and shared another kiss.

"Naeun-ah, I can't believe it! We are now married! I promise to love and cherish you always and take good care of you. I really love you so much, my wife!"

"Lee Naeun also loves you so much oppa. Let us be the happiest couple in the world!"

 



 

- f i n -