Gift

Your Wish is My Command
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Long time ago, a fairy named Bomin once trapped in the bottle as his punishment for restoring someone's life out of his own will even though he knows it will affect him. Fairies should not mingle with human's life except the fact that they can make their wishes come true. Bomin was so attached with that human which make him risks himself and now he's being punished. The only way out for him is to have someone earnest wish come true, not just a simple wish. If he reach a thousand years without granting such wish, he will be forever trapped and soon vanished.  Bomin knows how people just wished whatever they want until they become greedy of money, power and fame but he still hoped that one day, he will meet someone who will free him from the bottle. Hundred years passed but the bottle just got rejected, thrown and floated in the ocean for years without knowing the real essence of it.  Bomin become hopeless as more years pass by quickly, thinking the possibility that he will vanished soon without even meeting someone who will help him break the spell cast on him. Yes, he is about to give up, well, not until one day…from that windy night.

 

****

“I’m sorry! We did all our best—“Just before the doctor could utter more words, his mother burst out in tears, crying his heart out from the reality.

 He soon kneeled down, followed by a river flowed from his eyes down to his cheeks. He can still remember his father’s smiles all of his days in the hospital, the way he comforted him and encouraged him. All the memories of his father keep replaying in his mind and the pain dives in more deeply every time.

 

“Why? WHY??” He shouted inside his chest. His mother soon hugged him with sorrow in her eyes. They didn’t expect this to happen so quickly. It’s just so unfair.

Why does it has to be his father? Why not just him? Why? Now that his father laid on his bed, no sign of breathing, no smiles on his face like he usually see, no sweet words coming out from his mouth, he know it is real. His father left him, he left them alone with this excruciating pain inside their chest. He only left his memory, memories he surely will not forget. He suddenly cursed himself for believing in such wishes.

He wished but it did not even come true, not just a single one. His father once said that if he make a wish, it will come true. It was just a lie, he thought to himself. Why did he even believe if it was just a lie? He cannot think straight, the pain is just too painful. All he can do is just cry, he cannot even complain to his father for leaving them alone? He even wished it is not real, that it is just a dream but it’s not. It will not gonna work anyway, he thought.

After a long silence, staring at his father… he finally let his heart out.

“Why? Why did you leave us alone? Why??” He asked but he got no response. The warm embrace of his mother with her tears drip ping in his body is all he can feel. The pain is too much to bear, he can’t help but blame himself. He wants to stay strong for his mother but his tears never stops to fall and it seemed like a rain at the day.

“Just cry, son. Don’t get hold of your feelings.”

 

The alarm clock soon rang, disturbing a sleepyhead under his sheet. The guy turned it off quickly, sighing with distress as he slowly wiped off a tear from his eyes. 5 years passed but he still dreamed that day when his father left their side. He keep dreaming about that day and he can’t help but feel sad about it. Since that day he lost his family, he never interact with other people, he’s always alone with his blank expression. No one ever saw him laugh nor smile, some students even think he’s a walking dead but he’s not. He lives alone in his small but spacious boarding house. It is spacious to the point his things inside his boarding can be counted in a minute. He lived frugally and even wished to just die, if only his father never asked him to reach his dream, he might have ended his life along time ago. At least for now, he need to survive.

He’s alone, living a lonely life by himself, not wanting to mention what happened to his mother 2 years ago. Every time he will reminisce it, it will just make his broken heart shatter into pieces more. It was February 23 when his mother got into a car accident in front of his eyes. The worst case is, it was his 18th birthday at that day. His mother saved her money to buy him a cake but ended up getting into accident instead of the old grandma who was supposed to be. If only his mother didn’t help the old grandma, she must be alive till now. He knows how golden his mother’s heart is when it comes to the poor and needy like them so he can’t help but blame himself once again. He even think he’s been cursed.

 

The guy soon prepare himself, wearing his uniform together his black hoodie his mother gifted him. Even though he’s tired from his night shift, with his body in pain and lack of sleep, he still go to school for Pete’s sake. As soon as he entered the school premises, he only hear noises here and there, screaming, giggling and even laughing at each corner. Nothing new.

It was still early so he take his time sitting on his seat with his headset on. He prefers listening to  his ballad playlists rather than hearing his classmates’ noise. As usual, no one notices his presence. For them, his presence is like a wind in the desert. Well, he don’t care about it either.

The class started and it’s still boring as ever. Their teacher just keep on talking and he’s tired of it. He cannot even absorbed what are their lessons since his eyes are so sleepy and his body is aching. Yes, he did have some part-time jobs but sometimes he got beaten up by thugs after. The bruises and scars in his body cannot lie. If only wish can come true, he might have wished to die.

The day ended so quickly so he changed his uniform  into his working clothes again. He’s working at a coffee shop at night but they only have few customers so everytime a customer will come in, he will show his smile—fake smile—as much as he can.

 

“Welcome, Sir.  May I know what  is your order?” He asked politely with a fake smile plastered in his face.

 

The said customer smiled as he take a good look of him. He knows the customer is a student from the school he enrolled in basing it on his uniform but the way the customer stare at him feels like he know him. He somewhat managed to break the silence between them.

“Sir, what’s your order?” He asked again with a fake smile forcedly drawn on his lonely face, as usual.

 

“I didn’t know that you’re handsome when you smile. Why not try showing your smile often?” The customer smiled, waiting for a response from the latter who suddenly have his blank expression again. The blonde haired male saw the change on the latter’s expression so he cleared his throat, changing the topic as fast as he can.

“2 Iced Americano please.” He said in warm voice, his eyes still lingered on the thin guy in front of him.

Even after the blonde haired received his order, he stayed there at the café shop without missing a glance at the black haired guy at the counter. Since that day when he witness some thugs beating the latter, he cannot help but feel worry at that guy.

Hong Joochan. That’s his name. He’s rich and even all his friends are rich. He never wasted his money over a ty things not until when decided to make a deal with those thugs. He don’t know why but he got interested with this lonely guy he met that rainy afternoon.

***

 

It’s raining so hard and Joochan forgot to bring his umbrella. He was about to call his butler but his phone dead.

“”. He muttered in his breath. Jaehyun and Jibeom invited him to have a coffee time with them but well, as usual they went ahead of him. He’s smart so he has a lot of things to do in their school and his friends always take it as an excuse. He know they just want to take their time together but why they need to bring him on their date? Joochan is not dumb enough not to notice their lingering stare of each other. He know for sure there’s something going on between his friends but he’s too busy to clarify it.

 

“Why are they my friends again? How can they just leave me here?” He asked himself in silence.

Almost students went home already, he feels like he’s the only one left. It’s getting dark but yeah, it is still raining. He always bring his umbrella yet it never rain but now he forgot it, it rained. What a life. If only he knows it will rain so hard, he should have not agree to meet with his friends.

 

“Fck. Why did I forget that damn umbrella? Ugh this is frustrating.” He said in annoyance. If only it did not rain, he must have reach that coffee shop and witness his friends flirting but it’s still raining hard. “Wait—what if I will just walk in the rain and blame them? Hmmmpp… it sounds a good idea.” He smirk at the thought.

Just before he decided to walk under the rain, someone approached him. Someone he didn’t expect to meet, someone he used to ignore his existence, someone familiar but he don’t know his name.

“Here, you can have my umbrella. I will not use it in the first place anyway.” The black-haired guy handed the black umbrella into his hands before he walk with no hesitation under the rain. Joochan stood there in a minute just watching the lonely shadow disappear in the middle of the rain.

Joochan had to admit he’s rude and arrogant to that guy since the day he first saw him. He never take a good look nor talk at him. If some students bully, he just ignore it and didn’t give a . He doesn’t care any single detail of him. He don’t know him, not even his name even though they’re classmates. Whenever he saw that guy, he just pass by quickly like he saw no one but this time he feel so touched. He didn’t expect that guy has a golden heart despite the fact he’s like an outcast of the campus.

 

With the sudden curiosity, Joochan tried to follow the guy as fast as he can until he reach a coffee shop. Wait—what is this? Is he rich pretending to be poor? That question lingered in his mind until he entered the coffee shop. There’s only few customers inside, chatting and having a good time with their coffee. He searched for the guy but he did not see his shadow. He believe he saw the guy entered the shop but where is he?

 

“Joo, we’re here.” A voice awakened his wandering mind, and shocked when he saw his friends, sitting at the corner near the transparent glass. He walked towards them with a smirk plastered on his face.

 

“Oh what’s with your face?’ Jibeom take a sip of his coffee.

Joochan just grinned a little bit and turned serious but Jaehyun don’t care about it. He know Joochan well more than Jibeom. They’ve been friend since their childhood so he just don’t give a of his friend’s way of sulking.

“Since you’re here, why not order your coffee? We’ve been waiting you for minutes so we already ordered ours.” Jaehyun said, not caring what Joochan is up to.

“Yah! You two, why did you leave me yet again? I waited for minutes for the rain to stop and then you’re here just enjoying your time sitting? You did not even call me or text me? Are you really my friends?”

“Wait, Joo. We tried to call you but we can’t contact you. And we know you’re busy so we went ahead. You know it. Why’d bother ask?”

“.” Joochan muttered as low as he can. He forgot that his phone dead. He ponder to himself why they are his friends in the first place.

“You might want me to order yours, young master?” A teasing smile painted on Jaehyun’s face, lifting his eyebrows to nth times.

 Joochan is annoyed and even though he want to smack his friend, he just rolls his eyes as he walk his way to the counter. His head bowed as he scanned his wallet but then when his eyes met the eyes of the guy on the counter, he froze right at the moment. As wide as his eyes can, he’s shocked to see the guy he followed working at this coffee shop, he never expected it but he was amazed by the latter. He don’t know he’s such a diligent young man.

Feeling embarrassed for staring at the guy in a minute, he slapped his inner self and acted like his self, an arrogant jerk.

“What are you looking at?” He asked rudely, not wanting to admit he’s the one staring at him like an idiot.

“Sorry, Sir. What’s you order again?” The black-haired guy smiled as he calmly asked Joochan who’s pretending like he did not saw him that day.

“2 Iced Americano.”

Joochan secretly stare at the guy in the counter without noticing he smiled at the view. He didn’t expect that guy to be handsome and cute. “Wait- what did you say? Handsome? Nah-uh…” He refused his thought once again.

He take his order and realized he ordered 2 coffees. Just what in the world he ordered 2 coffees? Joochan is not a coffee lover so he’s confused when he ordered 2 instead of one.

“Ehh… What it that? I thought you did not like coffee that much. Why did you order 2? Is that for me?” Jibeom jokingly ask Joochan the moment he sat beside him. He unknowingly did an aegyo that gives the two distorted faces just by looking at it.

Joochan cannot understand it himself too but then suddenly out of the blue, he had this thought. He smiled nervously by the thought.

Joochan keep on stealing glances at the counter every minute. He don’t know why but he seem to be interested with the black haired guy who give him his own umbrella. He wanted to know him and even befriend him but he don’t know how since he never experienced befriend poor people like him… He wanted to try but he’s afraid that his father might find it out and if he did, he’s a dead meat.

 

Since he was a child, his father told him to befriend rich people only and don’t ever get involve with the poor ones. So he never experienced a hard life, everything is easy since they’re rich. But this time, Joochan is an adult now so he wanted to try by befriending that guy but he don’t know how to start.

A hand wave soon block his view and realized he stared too long at that guy. He turn to see his friends with a teasing smile on their faces. Joochan look at them with a questioning look, trying to avoid the reality.

“Yah! Don’t tell me you’re interested with that guy?” Jibeom leaned closer to his face... “I don’t know you can be that gay.” He whispered in his ears and Joochan seems to be annoyed.

“I’m not like you, idiot.” Joochan softly pushed Jibeom at the side but the latter just laughed his out.

“You know, if you’re interested with him… you only have a 1% chance to succeed. Dude, you don’t know him? I think you do. He’s the outcast in our campus. I barely know his name.” Jaehyun jokingly uttered as he signal Jibeom to stop laughing.

 

“Then what’s his name?” Joochan unknowingly asked, he seems to be serious and his eyes can tell he really is. He wants to challenge himself and that is to have that black-haired guy become his friend.

 

Jaehyun can sense how serious his friend is. He never see Joochan asked a question with a serious face, not like he did it often when they’re still younger so without a second thought…

 

“Donghyun. He’s Kim Donghyun.”

That night, after knowing the name, Joochan excuses himself as he secretly deliver something and it became his habit every night. Joochan always follow Donghyun secretly at night, observing every single thing he do. Yes, he became a stalker.—

 

Thanks to his smart brain, Donghyun didn’t notice him s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter