How It All Started

Not A Really Forced Marriage

"Appa, don't go."

A little girl called out to a figure that is slowly getting out of sight. The figure didn't budge but keep going further away no matter how hard the girl screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miss, it's time to get up."

A woman in her 30s keep shaking the lady who is lying on bed, still sleeping.

"Appa!"

The lady suddenly wake up and take deep breaths.

"Your appa is downstairs and you should come down now."

The woman left the room leaving the girl who is still half-conscius. She reach the clock on the table and immediately widen her eyes.

"I'm late!"

She rushed to shower and change into new clothes. She goes downstairs and sit at her usual seat at the dining table then greet her parents.

"Eomma, Appa, good morning."

"Why are you late?", her mother asked.

"I accidentally slept in. Hehe.. Sorry."

"Hurry up and eat", her father said while smiling.

"Thank you for the food."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm going out", Hayi said while waving her hands.

"Be careful", her mother waved back with a smile.

Hayi walks down the road while enjoying the cool morning breeze when she remembered that she is late for work and starts walking faster. She stopped when she arrives in front of a cafe and enter it. 

"I'm sorry."

The thin woman standing in front her who's in her late 30s, wearing a uniform is the cafe's manager.

"I forgive you. Since today is your last day, do your best till the end."

"I got it. Thank you."

Hayi change into her uniform and goes straight to work. She cleaned the counter area and mopped the floor. She flips the sign at the door so it shows 'OPEN' and leave the door open.

"2 days to go", she said as she let out a sigh.

>Flashback<

"How about it?"

"That is a bit.."

"We have known each other for a long time. What's wrong with it?"

"But to be have our children marry-"

"How about this.. I'll let you think about it first and give me your answer tomorrow."

Hayi's father sighed before agreeing.

"See you tomorrow then."

The man left and Hayi's parents just stayed in confusion.

"What should we do?", Hayi's mother ask her husband.

"I don't know either."

Suddenly, the door opens and Hayi enters the room. She had actually been listening to the whole conversation from behind the door.

"I'll do it. The marriage."

"Did you hear all of it?", her mother asked.

"Sorry.. I didn't mean to do it. But, I'll do it."

"Are you sure?", Hayi's mother ask her as she hold her hands.

"You have been in good terms with Mr. Kim for a long time. Your friendship, even your partnership might be at risk. I want to be helpful for once."

Her mother hugged her tightly while her father just smiled looking at them.

"Thank you, daughter."