Laser Tag

Laser Tag
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica leaned with her back against the wall, eyes scanning her surroundings. The dim neon green lights scattered on the floor and ceiling provided just barely enough light to make out any sign of movement, if it were ever to occur. Jessica held her gun to her chest, eyes constantly moving for any sign of anyone. 

She frowned. 

Of course she had to be stuck guarding the stupid base. Out of any other position, she had to be stuck with the most boring one. 

Two grueling minutes later, Jessica was starting to fidget. Fighting the temptation to abandon ship and go on the offensive with the rest of the team, she kneeled down to tie her shoelaces for the seventh time. After all, she never knew when she might need to finally partake in some action. 

Suddenly, she heard the sound of something rubbing against the carpet floor.

She froze for one half of a second, before grabbing her gun on the floor and scrambling to her feet, her untield shoelaces disregarded.

Gun held up, with a tense finger resting on the trigger, she scanned her surroundings, hoping to find an outline of a person. 

There was nothing. Only black, and vague shadows from the dull green lighting. 

Waiting for what seemed like forever, Jessica finally lowered her stance, wondering if she had been so bored that she had imagined the sound. 

Then she heard it. Again.

Jessica immediately held her gun up, and turned her head left toward the direction of the sound. 

Slowly, she walked to her left, eyes careful, and body tense in preparation to react to any sign of motion.

Thud.

Jessica suddenly found herself face down on the floor, mouth full of gross carpet. She raised her head, spitting out bits of carpet.

"What the-"

She made out a figure walking toward her, with a blue emblem on their vest. 

Crap.

Her eyes fell to the gun three feet in front of her that had slipped from her hands. Jessica hurriedly tried to crawl to her gun, in an attempt to grab it and shoot the enemy.

"I don't think so," the person chuckled, and kicked the gun in the opposite direction of Jessica. 

Crap.

"You should r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter