Final

Little Penguin and Us
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Morning, Kris.”

 

Kris smiled when he heard Chanyeol’s deep voice cutting through the deep haze of sleep. He opened his eyes, scooting closer to his lover and wrapping his arms around Chanyeol’s well-built body, lazily nuzzling his nose on the man’s striking red hair.

 

“Morning, handsome,” he whispered, leaning forward to press his lips on Chanyeol’s ear. He ran his hands down Chanyeol’s side, feeling the warm, smooth skin of his back.

 

“Gosh babe, you smell so good.” Kris left a trail of kisses from Chanyeol’s neck to his shoulder. He really loved Chanyeol’s scent; he smelled like the fresh, natural scent of the woods, the earthy smell of green trees and damp leaves. Both of them startled when Kris’ phone alarm started booming on the bed stand.

 

“Kris, stay,” Chanyeol whined, wrapping his arms around Kris’s body. Kris chuckled, planting a kiss underneath Chanyeol’s ear.

 

“I can’t, you know that I have an early meeting today, babe,” he yawned, trying to pull away from his lover.

 

Chanyeol groaned in protest, his arms still tightly wrapped around Kris, stubbornly refusing to release the music producer from his grip.

 

“B-but…I’ll miss you so much...”

 

Sighing, Kris pressed his palms against Chanyeol’s puffy cheeks, adoringly staring into his big eyes.

 

“Tell me what’s wrong, babe. You have this habit of not letting me get out of bed if there’s something bugging you, so what is it?” Kris asked, palms slowly squeezing his lover's handsome face.   

 

“I miss Bobo...”

 

Kris’s eyebrows knitted together at the thought of Bobo, the puppy that Chanyeol saved from drowning three days ago.

 

“I know, but you couldn’t keep him without getting sick. You’d start sneezing, and then your pretty eyes would get all red and itchy.” Kris reminded him, leaning forward to press a kiss to his nose.

 

“B-But I’m so lonely.” Chanyeol whimpered, his big eyes wide and sad.

 

“You want to follow me to the office? Maybe you could hang around with your friends at the agency.” Kris suggested.

 

“I love doing my music at home, though, inside my own music studio, and I also want to be here for you went you get back from work.” Chanyeol smiled and draped his arms around Kris' neck.

 

Kris sluggishly ran his hand across his lover’s waist.

 

“I’m quite busy right now, the agency trainee’s selection is not over yet. But you know that I’m going to make sure that I’ll be home early for you, right?” He chuckled when he saw Chanyeol’s sullen face. Kris would absolutely love to spend his time pampering and spoiling Chanyeol with his love and attention all day long, but he had to be in his office. His second baby, Galaxy Entertainment, needed his attention too.

 

“I love you so much.” Kris smiled and captured Chanyeol’s lips in his, chuckling at the way Chanyeol whined when he pulled away.

 

Chanyeol puffed his cheeks out and pressed his forehead to Kris’s chin.

 

“Kris, can we adopt a baby?”

 

“W-what?” Kris faltered. “Adoption is not something that can be discussed so lightly, a baby is not a pet, that’s a big responsibility for you - for us, babe.” he murmured.

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes when Kris kissed his knitted eyebrows.

 

“But… I’m ready, and we both have stable jobs - I’m working at home, and you’re the CEO of Galaxy Entertainment, I know we can do it, Kris.” Chanyeol replied, eyes fluttering open.

 

“Money is not the issue, Park Chanyeol,” Kris muttered. Yes, money wasn’t a problem for them, but he didn’t think that they were ready to raise a baby yet. Having a baby was not even in Kris’s life plan with Chanyeol at all, at least for now.

 

Chanyeol pouted, scooting away from Kris. Crossing his arms over his chest, Chanyeol grumpily turned his back on Kris.

 

“You only use my full name when you’re mad at me...”

 

Kris sighed and Chanyeol’s back.

 

“I’m not mad at you, I'm just shocked. Babe, come back here, I already miss you, not to mention that we’re having a very serious discussion right now.”

 

“Discussion time with you is always serious.” Chanyeol groaned when he felt Kris’ arms wrap tightly around his waist, then giggled at the way his husband pressed his lips against his earlobe.

 

Kris rubbed his nose on the back of Chanyeol’s head, smiling when he heard Chanyeol’s soft laughter.

 

“Okay… but, I’m good at handling babies; in my college years, I was the most popular babysitter in town. My phone number was the must-have number on every mother's phone!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

 

“Are you sure you were popular because of that, babe?” Kris snickered.

 

“Of course!” Chanyeol elbowed Kris’s tummy. Kris laughed, nuzzling Chanyeol’s shoulder.

 

“I think it was because you’re gorgeous, you know… with your handsome face, your cute dimples and those long, y legs.” Kris claimed.   

 

“Oh, stop it!” Chanyeol complained, but Kris could tell even without seeing his face that his husband was smiling.

 

---

 

One evening, Kris walked into his home and was greeted with the sight of baby toys scattered all over the living room. He gasped in shock when he saw a cute baby boy sitting in his playpen, wearing a penguin onesie and busily his pacifier, big eyes scowling hard at him.

 

“I’m sorry,” he bowed at the baby in panic and stepped out of the doorway, thinking that he’d entered the wrong apartment. Blinking rapidly, he looked again at the number by the door. “Apartment 5201… this is my house…” he shook his head vigorously; maybe his tired mind was playing a trick on him. Scoffing, he carefully stepped inside once more.

 

The baby dropped his pacifier and lifted his hands up in the air when he saw Kris. He screamed in joy as he tried to sit up without falling face first on the floor of his playpen.    

 

Kris was so flabbergasted at the sound of his high pitched voice that he just froze on the spot. The baby was so cute with his big watery eyes, chubby red cheeks, and little heart shaped lips.

 

“Where did you come from, little penguin?” Kris wondered aloud. “Babe?” He called, eyes wildly searching for Chanyeol.

 

The baby began to whine, wildly kicking his legs and getting frustrated when Kris didn’t seem to understand his body language. He suddenly let out a wail, throwing his body onto the floor.

 

The baby’s loud cry startled Kris. He let go of his briefcase and blazer, setting them on the floor as he approached the crying baby.

 

“Gosh…don’t cry, don’t cry.” He cooed, lifting the baby up from his playpen. He gently pressed the baby’s small body against his chest and slowly patted his back.

 

“Where are your parents? Did my husband kidnap you?” Kris sighed when the baby finally stopped crying. He let the baby grab his tie and shove it into his tiny mouth.

 

“My tie… that’s not food, are you hungry?” he asked while trying to pull the tie away from the baby’s small hands. The baby pouted again, eyes starting to brim with tears when Kris pulled the drenched tie from his drooling mouth.

 

“Fine, fine, you can chew my tie, just for a little while until I can find my husband.” Kris chuckled.

 

“Babe? Where are you?”  Kris called softly, eyeing the baby’s chubby face, fearing that if he shouted, he might cry again.

 

“Kris!” Chanyeol yelped when he saw Kris was carrying Kyungsoo in his arms.

 

“W-what?” Kris stuttered, worried that he’d done something wrong.

 

“Why did you take him out of his playpen?” Chanyeol scowled.

 

“H-he was crying,” Kris explained, gulping when he noticed how Chanyeol’s eyebrows knitted together.

 

“You really fell for his trick.” Chanyeol deadpanned.

 

“No...” Kris said, unsure.

 

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol told him,

 

“He cried and lifted his hands up in the air, and then when he didn’t get any response, he just threw himself on the mattress, right?”

 

“T-that’s exactly what happened!” Kris gasped at how accurate Chanyeol’s description was.

 

Chanyeol shook his head and sighed.

 

“That’s the new trick that he learned this week. He knew that by doing that Jongdae would pick him up. He doesn’t like to sit in his playpen, he loves everyone carrying him around the house. His mom was having a hard time leaving him alone for even a little while.”

 

“T-this is Kyungsoo? Jongdae’s son? Last time I saw him, he was this small!” Kris said while opening his palm, remembering Kyungsoo’s newborn size. Kim Jongdae, the soloist, had been their neighbor for years. Right now he was in the middle of preparing for his new album and Chanyeol was one of the composers. His wife, Aireen, owned a famous online clothing shop, and so she was taking care their baby by herself at home.

 

“That was his newborn size, Kris. Now, he’s 6 months old. Babies sure grow fast, don’t they?” Chanyeol smiled fondly and rubbed Kyungsoo’s cheek with his fingers.

 

“I’ve helped Aireen taking care Kyungsoo at home sometimes. She doesn’t have anyone to help her, and… I love babies, so I don’t mind helping,”   

 

“I see. So… you tricked me, little penguin?” he cooed, playfully poking baby Kyungsoo’s tummy. He laughed when the baby giggled, trying to squirm away from his finger. “I don’t mind carrying him around, he’s cute.”

 

“I’m going to remember that statement,” Chanyeol grunted and took Kyungsoo from Kris’ arms. He grimaced as he caught sight of Kris’ expensive tie that was soaked with Kyungsoo’s saliva.

 

Kris pulled Chanyeol close, careful not to squash Kyungsoo between them. The baby was busy chewing on his pacifier.

 

“You know, I didn’t receive my welcome home kiss yet...”

 

Chanyeol smiled and leaned in to peck Kris on the lips. Pulling away, he chuckled and rubbed their noses together.

 

“Welcome home, husband, I love you,”  

 

“You smell like milk,” Kris murmured, scrunching his nose. “I love you too, though,” he said with a big grin on his handsome face. He suddenly felt giddy. He skipped away from his husband and the baby, heading towards their bedroom.

 

“He’s a happy man,” Chanyeol laughed to himself as he and Kyungsoo watched the cheerful man’s retreating back.

 

---

 

“Babe, both of you look like squash pumpkin!” Kris laughed while staring at Chanyeol’s and Kyungsoo’s faces. Kyungsoo’s dinner, a pumpkin puree, was splattered all over Kyungsoo’s face and onesie. Kris sat down on the couch next to them.

 

“Soo loves playing with his food, he would wail bloody murder every time I tried to put him in his highchair.” Chanyeol grimaced while wiping the pumpkin puree from Kyungsoo’s face.

 

“Let me hold him for you,” Kris smiled and took Kyungsoo, sitting him down on his lap. “Also, babe, let’s talk. What is Kyungsoo doing here tonight…?”

 

“Jongdae’s been complaining that after Kyungsoo was born, he hasn’t had any time to pamper his wife. Like, taking her out to a romantic dinner or something. He misses doing the things that they used to do before. So he wanted to show his gratitude to his wife.”

 

“And?” Kris said, eyebrows knitted as he waited for Chanyeol’s next sentences.

 

“Kyungsoo is not hard to handle at all, he’s really an angel. So, if you don’t mind, can we babysit Kyungsoo every Thursday night? I mean, he’s going to stay with us for a night. I-It should be fine, since you always come home late every Thursday night because you have your team meeting, right?”

 

“Babe, are you sure you can do this? Is not me who’s going to be taking care of him for the whole day, are you up to it?” Kris asked in concern. He grabbed the clean cloth in Chanyeol’s hand and used it to wipe Kyungsoo’s face.

 

“Yes, Kris, please?” Chanyeol murmured and rested his chin on Kris’ shoulder. Ignoring Kyungsoo’s loud cries as Kris turned the baby to face them.

 

Kris leaned to the side and kissed Chanyeol’s forehead.

 

“Sure, I’ll say yes to anything that’ll make you happy, and because you look so great right now, how can I say no?” he chuckled as Chanyeol jabbed a finger into his waist. Kyungsoo giggled happily as he looked between the two of them as if he could sense their own contentment.

 

---

 

“Sugarplum!”

 

Chanyeol’s loud voice startled Kris, who was giving his full attention to the news on TV.

 

“What is it, babe?” Frowning, Kris dropped the TV remote on the couch and yawned. He knew perfectly well that Chanyeol only called him that nickname if he wanted his help. Slowly stretching out his body, Kris got up and followed the sound of Chanyeol’s voice, which lead him to the bathroom.

 

“Baby shark…du…du…du...”

<
Please log in to read the full chapter