White Cloak

A story of winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was once a town, surrounded by woods. No one ever left, there was always snow no matter the season. Yet it was beautiful, more beautiful was a boy from that little town. He always wore a white cloak under the sun. He was the jewel of the town, flowers would look down in shame as he walks by. So beautiful was the boy, his voice was mesmerizing, so was his flute when he plays it. Girls too would step back when he passes by, skin pale like snow white, eyes were wide yet deep and dark chocolate brown. They seem to hold all secrets of the universe in them, and his smile was the moat rewarding if one had to admit, it was bright and heart shaped. No one would ever dared to compare themselves to the boy. Unknown to them though, the boy was always by the edge of the woods. As if he is waiting for someone to come and take him away from the little town into the big wide world. 

The woods were always known for the monsters in them, like the wendigo who brings blizzard no matter the season especially in winter, to the summer where a dragon would come and lure young girls into the woods and they never return but singing can be heard from them, to autumn where the ghosts would whisper in the woods taking unsuspecting victims into the shadows of the woods, to the spring where giggles of fairies can be heard. They too lure people into the woods and make you one of them. But winter was always silent, until the boy disappeared into it, one would always hear him play his flute or his singing during winter. Some say that the wendigo stole the boy, others say that the wendigo bewitched the boy, but I say that the boy went willingly to the wendigo.

"Aren't you afraid that I would eat you?" The boy looks up into the glimmering amber eyes of the wendigo. He smiles, no fear or disgust was shown to the creature who stood before him. "But you won't, I'm not human." The boy replies as the wind got harsher but it seems that the wind was making its way around the boy never really blowing him head on. "You are right, so what do you want kid." The wendigo ask leaning forward, both of its long arms were on the side of the boy as it lowers it boy to look at the boy eye to eye. The boy reaches out cupping the wendigo's bony cheek, hard to tell because its skin clings to the bones tightly. "Take me, take me with you. I hear from your cries, you are lonely. I was made for winter, to be with you, so you won't get lonely again." The boy sing songs leaning forward against the animal like head of the wendigo. The wendigo howls, so does the wind, but the boy isn't afraid. With its large bony hand, it picks the boy up gently, it looks into the boy's eyes again as it asks "You won't leave me again like they all did?" The boy shakes his head with a smile, the rarest smile, so calm and sincere. The wendigo howls again, bring the boy close to his head pressing the boy close as some sort of hug before placing the boy to his shoulder. 

"Just like that, the boy disappeared into the winter during the hardest blizzard to ever fall onto the town." He finishes, closing the book and putting it back into his brown suitcase. He smiles at the kids as he stood up, fixing his brown coat as well as the hat he wore. "That's it Mr. Kai?!" One of the kid ask pouting, Kai chuckles reaching down ruffling the boy's hair. "That's it. Now run along." He tells them waving his hand slightly turning to leave when another question was ask "Where do you get all these stories?" Kai glances back at them and offers a small grin "I'm a storian, I collect them." Another kid steps forward giving him the wide eyes filled with curiosity as he asks "Are they real?" Kai hums looking up at the sky thinking over it before smiling back down at them "Who knows." He simply rep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter