Final.

My answer is you

  'The person you're trying to call is currently not answering the call. Please try again later or leave a voice message.' Junshu sighed when she heard the same boring monotone of the recorded voice for God knows how many times. It's been six months. 180 days since she last saw him,let alone heard his voice. She had no idea where he was or what he was doing or what mistake she had done for him to suddenly disappear from her life without a trace. Like he never existed there at the first place. Letting out a defeated sigh, she sank into her cushioned chair and pulled her legs towards her chest and hugged them.

 

She tired to think very hard what went wrong in the past, what made separated them from being the best friends forever status to two people who had zero contact in a span of six months. She cried her heart out only to stop them midway when she looked at the cute bunny plush she had always kept on her study table. She walked over to her table with heavy steps,sobs once again wrecking her body like she had no more energy to cry, still she had the only goal in her mind to reach out to her plush as if her life depended on it. She finally got hold of her plushie and caressed his cheeks while looking at him through teary eyes.

 

 She tried to control the sobs which were about to burst but she couldn't anymore,after today. It was his birthday and she wanted to wish him. But as usual, all her texts went unanswered, all her calls were directed to voice mail. She even had a doubt whether he changed his number. Still she didn't stop texting or calling that number, which was the only source which connected him to her.

 

 "Suho-yah... I'm really sorry... I know I have done a huge mistake of pushing you away. I should've just let it go with the flow, should've stopped over thinking when I realised my true feelings towards you so I tried to distance myself away from you. But I never wanted you to be completely gone from my life.. Is this how you felt when I started acting all cold and indifferent towards you...? I'm really sorry.. Suho yah.. But I'm not gonna deny it anymore.. Please don't distance yourself from me. I can't take this anymore. We've been best friends since kids. I may have ignored you, I may have not treated you well because no matter what, you used to be with me all the time. I thought the feeling might die down if I stay away from you but who am I kidding?They say, you realize the value of something only if you lose it. Now that I've lost you, I realise how important you are to me. So idiot please, come back to me. I really wanna see you. I really wanna wish you happy birthday and celebrate your birthday with you like we've been doing for all these years. Come back to me,idiot. I may not have told you but the reality is, I like you. Scratch that. I love you, you idiot I want to shout it from the rooftop and let the whole world know... But the person who means the whole world to me isn't there with me right now.. What can I do now.. Where are you, Suho?' once again she burst out into tears and she couldn't hold herself anymore and she was clutching onto her plush she named after her best friend and love. She couldn't stand straight anymore and her legs wobbled dangerously.

 

When her legs gave out finally and she was pretty sure she was going to fall to the floor, a pair of strong arms embraced her from her behind and supported her from falling and hitting the ground.

She could recognize those hands anywhere, anytime. Realization hit her hard and she abruptly stopped crying and her trembling hands gripped on the pair holding on to her and she pried them away from her body. She steadied herself and slowly turned to look at the owner of those two hands, already knowing who it was,still a tiny part of her brain was screaming at her that she is nothing but hallucinating, a habit she developed in these past six months so she couldn't hold back the gasp that left her when she looked at the eyes of the person. Two shining black orbs which stared at her intensely with care,fear, guilt,passion,relief and something else which she couldn't clearly decipher and when she parted her lips to say something not before he crashed her lips on hers harshly and that was the moment she understood what that expression in his eyes meant. The missing piece of puzzle-

 

It was love.

 

When her legs gave out finally and she was pretty sure she was going to fall to the floor, a pair of strong arms embraced her from her behind and supported her from falling and hitting the ground.

 

 She still couldn't believe the fact that Suho is back, let alone he is kissing her like there's no tomorrow and she's the most precious thing on earth so for a few initial seconds,she couldn't do anything but stand awkwardly. But when Suho bit onto her bottom lip,she snapped back to reality. This is Suho infront of her. Kissing her. Which means he loves her back. It hit her like a domino effect and she started returning the kiss and poured out all the emotions she felt for him. When they parted,both their eyes were glistening with tears and Suho was looking into her eyes with an awestruck expression, like he wants to hold her like this forever and let her know how much he lov- 

- his train of thoughts were interrupted when she suddenly slapped Suho on his cheek and Suho was shell shocked for a second. Did she not like the fact he kissed her? Did she not actually love her like he assumed? But he was sure he heard her -

" Idiot.." Sob. "Freaking idiot.." Another sob and a slap. "Why did you leave me..?" A punch on his chest. "Where did you go away??" She started hitting Suho and started crying loudly. Suho wrapped an arm around her and patted her back. He then started caressing her hair.

"Shhh...Junshu baby.. I'm here... I'm back.. I won't go anywhere.. Don't cry and listen to me.. Please..."

Her sobs died down and he felt her nodding against his side and then he made her sit on her lap when he himself sat on her favourite cushion chair. 

"Fine. Let me tell you now what happened I'm those past 6 months. I went to LA. Where Minseok hyung is doing his Doctorate."

This is news to Junshu. She knew he went somewhere out of the town but she didn't imagine the fact that he moved out of the country. She nodded and signalled him to continue.

 

"You know at the end of the high school, means,six month ago,you started behaving weirdly with me? Like you'd ignore me and join your other friends for lunch.. You even ignored our combined study telling me you're going to a group study with other girls? I was confused why. I thought you really needed some space and I was even angry at you, but I never showed it on my face. Despite everything, I did very well in finals and I got an offer to study abroad. I thought I should leave, for the betterment of both of us. I never really knew that you tried to distance yourself from me to avoid falling for me more. I thought this friendship has become boring for you."

 

 Junshu gasped at the last sentence and tired to open to deny it but Suho was fast enough to stop her with a finger on " I know. You've already talked a lot today. I know how you feel so you don't have to explain yourself anymore. It's alright... I couldnt adjust to the studies and environment over there. Everything was fine there. It was almost perfect except one thing. It was you. You were not there, Junshu yah. How can I expect a place to be perfect without you.? That's why I realised I have to come back to you. That I have fallen for you. So I decided to transfer my course to your university here. And even if you're not loving me,I wanted to make you fall in love with me. I wanted to have you beside me,forever. So I planned on coming back here,on my birthday as a surprise. But I wasn't even sure when I made the decision to come back to you,that I would be able to win your heart. Only when I overheard your monologue to Suho the bunny here, I realised the feeling was mutual. So I couldn't hold myself back anymore. Junshu baby... Will you accept this big bunny as your boyfriend? "

Junshu couldn't believe her ears. Moments ago,she was crying her eyes out,wishing to atleast hear the voice of the love of her life once and now,he materialises in front of her, kisses the hell out of her and asks her to be his girlfriend. Nodding her head fervently, she reaches out to hug him and seal her promise in a yet another, passionate kiss.

 

 

 

 

A.N: Surprise! Happy Suho day in advance!! *throws confetti* I know I should be updating Pretender right now /dodges slippers/ but I did this as a request (Read: Challenge) from the self proclaimed maknae of our regional! So yeah, I wrote 1.5k+ words in the span of two hours (a record timing for me,who basically is a sloth TT ) and its like 4 AM in my place I'm feeling extremely sleepy and disoriented and I know I'm blabbering. I didn't do much re reading before posting here and there are hell lot of typos (I typed it in my mobile Kkebsongggg) I'll make sure to correct the mistakes later hope y'all enjoy this oneshot attempt of mine annyeong take care!

P.S. I think this a/n is longer than the story itself  /groans/ //facepalm intensifies//

P.P.S.: Please don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote!! 

P.P.P.S: Happy Happy Bobohu day!!